Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,552
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#71696 Apr 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Does this mean we'll be taking long hot showers together?
With our boxers on and with you using a loofah to scrub my pink-skinned back :)

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#71697 Apr 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Seriously, have you ever held a job of any sort? Ever gainfully employer for actual compensation/remuneration?
I don't need to work for a living.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#71698 Apr 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

How was your trip? did you stay overnight?
Yes, the trip began with 5 of us (3 guys and 2 gals) piling into a Mercedes Benz SUV and heading out of Mumbai to the verdant Sula Vineyards to see the process and to bask in the fresh air.

At the beautiful vineyard, we were told that a village in the neighborhood had villagers offering to keep tourists for a small payment with food and lodging provided.

We decided to go there and fell in love with the village nestled among thickets of trees with a fast moving blue stream bordering it and with tall mountains in the background.

The farmstead was a charming mud/cement walled white-washed, tiled roof, rambling 5 bedroom house with modest amenities.

It was marvelous living in the lap of mother nature and eating coarse but fresh, tasty and highly nutritious homemade food.

At night, the air flowing in through the windows was cool and refreshing.

I really enjoyed my stay with the simple village family though I found it quite hard communicating with them since my Hindi is quite poor. All my friends speak Indian languages quite badly.

Well, I am back with baskets of fresh fruits.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#71699 Apr 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

saw a travel/food show about India. They ate something interesting in Punjab?

It was a meatball made of mutton then surrounded by bread and flattened by hand and cooked against the side of a large oven. it looked very good and tasty.
Rustic food in India, and elsewhere, is always tasty and made from the freshest ingredients.

Punjab has great tandoor (clay oven) food (mainly non-vegetarian) on offer but certain vegetarian dishes from Punjab like dal makhani (lentils cooked with mild spices and topped with clarified butter), lasooni paneer (lightly fried garlic coated cottage cheese), etc, are great.

India has a wonderful variety of food.

I think you'll enjoy the food from the Malvan province in SW India that is really delicious and coconut based. Their seafood eaten with hot rice flat breads fermented with toddy is something to die for say my friends.

If we ever meet in Mumbai, I'll take you to eat the finest Indian food at the famed Konkan Cafe in the Taj Vivanta and at the Masala Kraft in the Taj Mahal Tower and Palace. They serve superlative Indian food.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#71700 Apr 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds good. Frijoles says they color eggs too.
Friday heading to upstate NY, the in-law's. Both 85 now.
Already made up an Easter basket. Nothing religious (of course), just enjoy some good chocolate!
(Took a little guff from my family for skipping my sister's Easter dinner in Stamford. But can't be everywhere at once like you can, due to closer geography I assume.)
I forgot to mention, heading into the City on Friday for the International Car Show at the Javits Center. Should be a fun day. Hope to get up close to the Tesla.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71701 Apr 16, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to work for a living.
Yes, I know.

But I'm sure you know there's long history and a long
list of very wealthy people who still work for whatever reason.

Legacy, sense of achievement, the challenge, to give back
to humanity/society, sense of purpose, perhaps a reason to live.

Are you familiar with former NYC Mayor Bloomberg?
How about President John F Kennedy? and so on.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71702 Apr 16, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the trip began with 5 of us (3 guys and 2 gals) piling into a Mercedes Benz SUV and heading out of Mumbai to the verdant Sula Vineyards to see the process and to bask in the fresh air.
At the beautiful vineyard, we were told that a village in the neighborhood had villagers offering to keep tourists for a small payment with food and lodging provided.
We decided to go there and fell in love with the village nestled among thickets of trees with a fast moving blue stream bordering it and with tall mountains in the background.
The farmstead was a charming mud/cement walled white-washed, tiled roof, rambling 5 bedroom house with modest amenities.
It was marvelous living in the lap of mother nature and eating coarse but fresh, tasty and highly nutritious homemade food.
At night, the air flowing in through the windows was cool and refreshing.
I really enjoyed my stay with the simple village family though I found it quite hard communicating with them since my Hindi is quite poor. All my friends speak Indian languages quite badly.
Well, I am back with baskets of fresh fruits.
It sounds like an idyllic and lovely respite.

What is "coarse" food?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#71703 Apr 16, 2014
These New Age Bullshit Generators Will Help You Sound Like a Guru
April 15, 2014 By Terry Firma
http://tinyurl.com/owgxhap

I learned a great new word from Daniel Dennett recently, one that I can see myself using rather a lot from now on (you’ve been warned): deepity. Deepity is the quality found in a statement whose author takes a failed stab at profundity. It seems deep at first glance, but it’s actually squishy and meaningless when you examine it. Deepity is probably the most useful neologism since Stephen Colbert‘s “truthiness.”
Here’s some deepity for you:

-----
You and I are beings of the totality; we realize that this life is nothing short of an ennobling fusion of life-affirming conscious living, and that innocence is an ingredient of unbridled energy.
-----

It’s the kind of empty bombast that was inspired by the likes of Deepak Chopra. You can find more of it on two newish websites: Seb Pearce‘s New Age Bullshxt Generator ( http://tinyurl.com/lgme3zu ) and the equally droll Wisdom of Chopra ( http://www.wisdomofchopra.com/ ).
There’s a kind of Turing test on the latter site where you’re supposed to distinguish between actual Deepak Chopra quotes and ones that are generated by a computer script. I only got 4 out of 10. You?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71704 Apr 16, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Rustic food in India, and elsewhere, is always tasty and made from the freshest ingredients.
Punjab has great tandoor (clay oven) food (mainly non-vegetarian) on offer but certain vegetarian dishes from Punjab like dal makhani (lentils cooked with mild spices and topped with clarified butter), lasooni paneer (lightly fried garlic coated cottage cheese), etc, are great.
India has a wonderful variety of food.
I think you'll enjoy the food from the Malvan province in SW India that is really delicious and coconut based. Their seafood eaten with hot rice flat breads fermented with toddy is something to die for say my friends.
If we ever meet in Mumbai, I'll take you to eat the finest Indian food at the famed Konkan Cafe in the Taj Vivanta and at the Masala Kraft in the Taj Mahal Tower and Palace. They serve superlative Indian food.
I believe it was said on the show that when most Americans go out for "Indian food" or think of it, it is Punjab cuisine.

It was one of our favorite "ethnic foods" though I also like Mexican very much.

The Malvan province foods sounds very good too.

Since I am just a menial worker though, I wouldn't think you'd want to be seen out with me.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71705 Apr 16, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to mention, heading into the City on Friday for the International Car Show at the Javits Center. Should be a fun day. Hope to get up close to the Tesla.
Sounds like a good time.

Always enjoy a trip down to the city.

Haven't been down since sis and I went to the Letterman show last fall.
Robin Williams was the guest.

Ate lunch from the Soup Nazi booth! Mulligatawny and it was really good.

Your weekend is starting to sound a little more fun than my upcoming trip to Schenectady.

:))

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#71706 Apr 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like an idyllic and lovely respite.
What is "coarse" food?
Doesn't it sound more like a school trip?

Strange trip for a teetotaler, though.

Surprised to read they opted for the cheap accomodation when they highly dislike working and middle class (recalling mall experience) and love luxury hotels.

There is something about what he says that doesn't sound right.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#71707 Apr 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it was said on the show that when most Americans go out for "Indian food" or think of it, it is Punjab cuisine.
It was one of our favorite "ethnic foods" though I also like Mexican very much.
The Malvan province foods sounds very good too.
Since I am just a menial worker though, I wouldn't think you'd want to be seen out with me.
When I was in America saw a few times a tv transmission called Man VS Food. Are you a fan of it?

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#71708 Apr 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

But I'm sure you know there's long history and a long
list of very wealthy people who still work for whatever reason.
I am or rather was till a few years ago very competitive in an academic sense and topped my class in school and later at the IIT but then things fell apart with the death of both my parents and then all the mess I landed into due to a certain person.

My parents were very wealthy and the money is very well invested.

Yeah, I work in the sense that I frequently oversee/discuss the health of the investments with my CAs and other financial advisers.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#71709 Apr 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

It sounds like an idyllic and lovely respite.

What is "coarse" food?
Oh yes, it brings back fond memories of living in the wilds at Auroville - the ashram set up by Sri Aurobindo and the Mother.

Coarse food? Unrefined flour, using natural foods free of preservatives, grinding the ingredients on a rough stone instead of in a food blender, cooking over firewood instead of gas/electric source and so on...

We enjoyed the rustic lifestyle for 1 night.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#71710 Apr 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Are you familiar with former NYC Mayor Bloomberg?

How about President John F Kennedy? and so on.
They're not my role models.

I look up to the mystico-rational types like Aurobindo, Fritjof Capra etc for inspiration.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#71711 Apr 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

I believe it was said on the show that when most Americans go out for "Indian food" or think of it, it is Punjab cuisine.
Punjabi cuisine is overrated and too rich though some dishes are pretty good especially their low cal tandoori foods.

Most Punjabis are drunkards and the affluent villages/towns/cities in the Punjab are facing a very serious problem of alcoholism.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#71712 Apr 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know.
But I'm sure you know there's long history and a long
list of very wealthy people who still work for whatever reason.
Legacy, sense of achievement, the challenge, to give back
to humanity/society, sense of purpose, perhaps a reason to live.
Are you familiar with former NYC Mayor Bloomberg?
How about President John F Kennedy? and so on.
In the past he claimed to be not rich and to have worked. Today he denies everything...

He keeps lying about himself. Don't trust.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#71713 Apr 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

The Malvan province foods sounds very good too.
Yes, Maalvani food from the Malvan coastal belt of SW India is a great treat for foodies of any nation and is primarily fresh coconut based with a great blend of freshly ground spices and minimal oil.

The dishes are eaten with freshly baked rice flat-breads fermented with toddy.

The Malvan seafood is to die for, say my friends.

The posh Konkan Cafe in the Taj Vivanta in South Mumbai is devoted exclusively to Malvan food and is a great hit with wealthy Indians and international tourists - the splendid aromas of the freshly ground spices are seriously tantalizing.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#71714 Apr 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Since I am just a menial worker though, I wouldn't think you'd want to be seen out with me.
Aw shucks, Uncle Former.

I usually play up that taunt when I want to tease you or when I wish to get under your skin.

I am the least concerned with your socioeconomic status.

Beneath all the South Mumbai snobbery of the Cathedral School and Malabar Hill or Altamount Road kind, I am a person who looks more at the heart than at the head.

I'll be pleased to play host to you.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#71715 Apr 16, 2014
QUESTION:

When is the first lab-created "living ant" gonna be turned out?

LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Feb 23 Joe Balls 1,528
Beware of Monterey Audi. Feb 4 Dave 1
Multiple suspects in custody for Seaside shootings Jan '15 Anonymous 1
Peninsula high school students arrested in 'fig... (Sep '09) Jan '15 trey 108
Other border states shun Arizona's immigration law (May '10) Jan '15 colton case 9,053
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec '14 Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec '14 Clint 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:08 pm PST