Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Jun 21, 2008 Read more: Newsday 71,938
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Read more
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#70279 Mar 26, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
How long you stay here is immaterial.
What counts is the quality of the stuff you post.
None of your exchanges with the other posters is intelligent.
But then the average IQ on this forum of poorly educated and unintelligent posters is very low and so nothing much can be expected.
BTW, what're your educational qualifications?
You said master's degree, right? In science? Which discipline?
Which natural science did you teach in university?
How much higher Math do you know?
Anyway, take care.
EVERYTHING that you have observed is correct.

Later
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#70280 Mar 26, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Can one really stroke a clitoris in a "non-sexual way."
It runs counter to years of training!
Billy C should try it.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#70281 Mar 26, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not at last. I said this a long time ago.
We have a lot of bible thumpers here, like you :))
<quoted text>
Bygones. We also used to have slaves. Get with the times my man.
<quoted text>
This is called human rights or civil rights.
I would think as a person of shiny color you would appreciate the rights of minorities being protected and upheld.
Would you like a cross burned on your front lawn?
The US has a long history of pushing for human rights around the world.
Tomorrow

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#70282 Mar 26, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Later
Rest, eat sensibly, take the medication if any and get well soon.

Bye.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#70283 Mar 26, 2014
I wonder how dunces can be awarded bachelor's/master's/PhD degrees in scientific disciplines when they know almost nothing about Math and Science. Shame.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#70284 Mar 26, 2014
I am getting ready for the squash match that I shall be playing in the afternoon. I am taking the friendly match seriously and hope to put in my best. Bye.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#70285 Mar 26, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Kindness shown to you?
I don't anyone here is kind to you except on the rare occasion.
Most importantly, most posters here disrespect you and use you as a source of cheap entertainment to trade ugly jokes.
Think it over.
HughBe--- It is a fact that I have been weakened by the fall but I am here because of kindness.

Joel---Kindness shown to you?

HughBe--- Naturally, I needed the sympathies as I have no other source to get it.

Joel---I don't anyone here is kind to you except on the rare occasion.

Hugh--- I crave for those occasions.

Joel---Most importantly, most posters here disrespect you and use you as a source of cheap entertainment to trade ugly jokes.

Hugh---The last laugh is mine even if they do not know it.

Joel---Think it over.

Hugh--- There is no need to do so as a better needs not esteem the views of those beneath. Note, I am speaking in the given context.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#70286 Mar 26, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. Nice chatting.
I'm slowly backing away.
Good night and take care.
rabbee: backing away like a coward, or in wisdom? do i need to take care of myself, no! i have a promise from G-D to care for me. trying to care for myself, is a total disaster. i do not need, the deception of the health care devils to pretend to take care of me. if you believe in the devils of health care, you are bound to be ill, so they can pretend to care for you without G-D. health care from the devil, is your promise to get sick without G-D.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#70287 Mar 27, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Can one really stroke a clitoris in a "non-sexual way."
It runs counter to years of training!
From a linguistic point of view, I would think not.("C" IS a sexual organ, after all, so by definition....)

However I could see a nut case like our favorite Yogi here trying to do this...

What gets me is that Tantric sex (the practice of sex as meditation - with an emphasis on the play rather than the big O)- has a long traditional history - yet the practice was totally ignored in the article. Sure, I can understand the need to re-invent the wheel in order to copyright to make a profit, but surely at least the author should of known better, and should of at least mentioned this. IN other words, the idea is not that radical - been done before.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#70288 Mar 27, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---the issue will be whether one can now opt out of civil rights laws because of one's religious beliefs
HughBe--- In essence YOU are saying that the only ones who have rights are the homosexuals. People like me have no right to their RELIGIOUS beliefs and so if I do not believe that you and your male companion should be married YOU and the law championed by the rear specialists shall FORCE US to do things against our CONSCIENCE and our beliefs.
Whatever happened to FREEDOM of RELIGION and more importantly FREEDOM in general?
Up to now, the US courts have been VERY clear that civil rights trumps religious rights in most cases. Religious expression has its limits. You are free to worship on your own as long as you are not trampling on others people's civil rights.

The current case before the Supreme Court may change this.

However, the only reason the issue is before the courts is that it involves the new health care (Obamacare). Superfically, the case is about implementation of the new law. The religious angle is a repercussion of the case, since it involves a religious corporation (if there is such a thing -thats part of the debate).

I get that your bible thumping precludes you from understanding that gay rights is an equality issue. No need to get back into that discussion except to note that demographically and legally, you are on the loosing side of that debate. Thanks Gods.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#70289 Mar 27, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
1.What do POVERTY levels have to do with someone being FORCED to drive a car to a location where a CRIME was subsequently committed and then the kidnapped gets arrested and IMPRISONED for 32 years?
2. It is clear to me that you see a link between poverty and half-life, the other point in my post and which related to a DIFFERENT scenario.
3. It is a MASSIVE SHAME that a Third world country/Jamaica has a comparable POVERTY level to the GREAT and FIRST world country called America. SHAME on YOU America.
FR already posted the link between poverty, race, and opportunity. He does have a basis for agreement with you, if you would mellow enough to see it.

Half life?(from your other post). What do you mean?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#70290 Mar 27, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect, if it be the will of the Almighty I could be the ruler of America. Now go ahead and mock the idea.
Me thinks you would have to stand in line behind Michelle Bachman and Rick Santorum, who, by the way, despite their similarities to you, do disgust better than you.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70291 Mar 27, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

If yes then based on the evidence you should conclude that OJ was innocent, in my opinion. My memory tells me that the substance in his blood should not have been at the level it was based on its half-life. It was a long time ago but that is what my memory tells me. I believe it was some preservative.
There was a trail of his blood from the crime scene to his truck to his bedroom.

Guilty.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70292 Mar 27, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
From a linguistic point of view, I would think not.("C" IS a sexual organ, after all, so by definition....)
I thought for a second there, you were going to claim to be a "cunning linguist!"
:))
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
However I could see a nut case like our favorite Yogi here trying to do this...
What gets me is that Tantric sex (the practice of sex as meditation - with an emphasis on the play rather than the big O)- has a long traditional history - yet the practice was totally ignored in the article. Sure, I can understand the need to re-invent the wheel in order to copyright to make a profit, but surely at least the author should of known better, and should of at least mentioned this. IN other words, the idea is not that radical - been done before.
These guys run out of things to write about.
What's old is new again, or so they like to make it sound like.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70293 Mar 27, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Up to now, the US courts have been VERY clear that civil rights trumps religious rights in most cases. Religious expression has its limits. You are free to worship on your own as long as you are not trampling on others people's civil rights.
Right, so the thumpers can't force prayer in public schools, but in many states they still teach creationism./ID; and no nativity scenes in town squares. so generally they can't force their beliefs on the rest of us.

But this law would force them to PAY for what is effectively an abortion (the morning after pill). This runs squarely against their religious beliefs.(Thought again Christians have been forced to vaccinate their kids and so on)) But abortion is a very hot button issue needless to say. And it's not like the employees can't pay for this one benefit themselves, those few it would affect.(Again just playing devil's advocate here..)

So I do see why this specific case has ended up where it is and also wouldn't be shocked to lose it.
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The current case before the Supreme Court may change this.
However, the only reason the issue is before the courts is that it involves the new health care (Obamacare). Superfically, the case is about implementation of the new law. The religious angle is a repercussion of the case, since it involves a religious corporation (if there is such a thing -thats part of the debate).....
This is why some observers are anticipating a narrow win for the other side.

Like possibly a narrow exception for companies like this:

A very tightly held family-run company, very Christian, they sell religious stuff (and up till recently no Jewish stuff) and they've always been closed on Sunday.

This very narrow decision (should it happen) won't please the thumpers either. They would want a big exception for this part of the law.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#70294 Mar 27, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Joel---Kindness shown to you?

HughBe--- Naturally, I needed the sympathies as I have no other source to get it.
You have a loving family and a huge church congregation, right?

So, why rely on these unintelligent, sub-human types who post here for kindness ?

What do you mean by "kindness"?

Superficial politeness or polite inquiries about your health/well being?

If this is what you mean by kindness then you will always get fooled by the riff raff with who you keep arguing with over silly topics.....

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#70295 Mar 27, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Joel---I don't know anyone here who is kind to you except on the rare occasion.

Hugh--- I crave for those occasions.
As I said it's all a superficial display of kindness.

Well, like your opponents on this forum, you lack intelligence, class, poise and self-respect.

Anyway, birds of a feather flock together. LOL.

Grow up.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#70296 Mar 27, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Joel---Most importantly, most posters here disrespect you and use you as a source of cheap entertainment to trade ugly jokes.

Hugh---The last laugh is mine even if they do not know it.
LOL.

Well the riff raff (like Frijoles, Former, Eric and COR) who're your favorite debating partners have not the least respect for you as a person or for your beliefs. They simply use you as a source of cheap entertainment.

Had you better sense, you'd have sought out more refined company to talk with than these riff raffs (like Frijoles, Former, Eric and COR).

Don't you have anyone better in your family or in your office to intelligently talk with on a regular basis than these low grade jokers here?

Seek and you shall find....

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#70297 Mar 27, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, so the thumpers can't force prayer in public schools, but in many states they still teach creationism./ID; and no nativity scenes in town squares. so generally they can't force their beliefs on the rest of us.
But this law would force them to PAY for what is effectively an abortion (the morning after pill). This runs squarely against their religious beliefs.(Thought again Christians have been forced to vaccinate their kids and so on)) But abortion is a very hot button issue needless to say. And it's not like the employees can't pay for this one benefit themselves, those few it would affect.(Again just playing devil's advocate here..)
So I do see why this specific case has ended up where it is and also wouldn't be shocked to lose it.
<quoted text>
My understanding is that one of the "abortifacients" is an IUD, shouldnt be that controversial.

I agree, if Hobby Lobby was actually ethical, they would give their employees a choice to go on the exchange. But they are not. This is about control of employees and a strike against Obamacare. That said, why would you willingly work for a place like that if you didnt buy in to their paradigm? This isnt like a Catholic hospital where health care is technically divorced from the ownership. But then again, the slippery slope...
former res wrote:
<quoted text>This is why some observers are anticipating a narrow win for the other side.
Like possibly a narrow exception for companies like this:
A very tightly held family-run company, very Christian, they sell religious stuff (and up till recently no Jewish stuff) and they've always been closed on Sunday.
This very narrow decision (should it happen) won't please the thumpers either. They would want a big exception for this part of the law.
A very tightly held family-run company with almost 600 stores. With that many stores, I doubt it is that it really is that family controlled. They can claim it is, but really.....

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#70298 Mar 27, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Well the riff raff (like Frijoles, Former, Eric and COR) who're your favorite debating partners have not the least respect for you as a person or for your beliefs. They simply use you as a source of cheap entertainment.
.
So you are not that clueless after all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four suspects still at large in Monterey Penins... Wed M JC 29 1
News Jewish-Christian charity helps Ukrainians move ... Apr 3 Azat 1
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Apr 2 svorpion 1,531
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Mar 27 Rosiedosie 7
News Homicide suspect Victor Cabrera has long histor... (Oct '08) Mar 24 mando 12
News Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Mar 20 Gary 16
Review: Salazar Auto Repair (Sep '13) Mar '15 fed up 3
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]