Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,159
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#69435 Mar 15, 2014
typo

However, yoga has shown me and it's logical to assume that the body's ENERGY FIELD (especially the brain's electrical field with its neuronal generated pattern of sentience) could survive the death of the body if it is resilient enough.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69437 Mar 15, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone thinks of death and most fear it and keep pushing it to the back of their mind until death strikes and one leaves behind everything.
I don't fear death because of my exposure to yoga.
Besides, I would have died on three occasions in the recent past and so all fear of death has left me and in many ways I would welcome death even this very instant instead of suffering perennially without respite and with no one to love me it may be better. I can't face this terrible ordeal and am cracking up. Even right now as I am typing this post, I am shivering and weeping. No matter how much my late parents messed up my mind yet they loved me and had they been alive today they'd have wept to see my deplorable plight.
I know happiness and peace and love are not for me but I always want others to be happy, peaceful and safe and to enjoy loving relationships and often when I see a loving family I feel happy for them and so sad for myself.
I want you and your family to be happy.
It seems you have MUCH to be thankful for and positive about.

I take it you are young, only in your 20s; wealthy; physically healthy; good-looking (by your own account); intelligent; and well-educated. Not to mention you show compassion and warmth toward others.

I would implore you to start treating yourself as well as you evidently treat others. Stop being so hard on yourself and dwelling on the negative. You can't change your past, your upbringing nor what others have done to you.

You can only control how you respond to these events. Move forward and appreciate your advantages.

Many would kill to trade places with you.

I think you may spend too much time by yourself, focusing on yourself. Try to turn the focus toward others for more hours of the day.

How about some travel with a friend? Take a good friend on a nice trip to somewhere you've never been. Sounds like you can afford it.

Helen Keller said life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.(And she probably didn't have the money you do, not to mention the seeing/hearing/talking thing!:))
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69438 Mar 15, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
In my case, in view of my precarious existence, everything has been chalked out and if I die before 30 which is a distinct possibility.
Half of the vast inheritance will go to my nephew (my late sister's son) whose name is Amar Joshua. He lives with my brother-in-law, Aaron, in Tel Aviv after shifting residence to Israel from Canada in the aftermath of my sister's tragic death. Their marriage was based on lust and as time went by Aaron began eying the fortune and then things went seriously wrong leading to my sister's untimely death in a car crash due to drunk driving on her part. The other half of the money will go towards 2 causes - financially supporting deserving students in areas of scientific research at the university level and free treatment of poor patients with serious diseases like cancer, TB, HIV, etc.
I think splitting the funds among charities and family is a good idea.

I like what Warren Buffet said about leaving his kids enough money to do something but not enough to do nothing.(I wouldn't want the relatives to sit around all day on the internet and also contemplating their navels.:))

Sounds as though your nephew will be a wealthy man one day.

Sorry about your sister. Losing loved ones is very painful.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69441 Mar 15, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
.......So, for all practical purposes, there's nothing like an after-life with persistence of individuality/individual consciousness except in the vague sense as mentioned by me above which in actuality is not an afterlife but a mere recycling of energy by merging with the energy field of other forms.
Everything in nature gets recycled in some form or the other.
This all sounds reasonable enough and I'm inclined to agree.

But as with the existence of some sort of supernatural power, I don't think we can say with 100% certainty either way.

Do you?

So of those you have clinically "died" and returned have some interesting stories to tell. I believe there is some commonality in their stories as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near-death_exper...

Location hidden

#69442 Mar 15, 2014
ORIGIN OF THE UNIVERSE

PART 1

K = 48G^2M^2/c^4r^6 ..........1)

where K = Kretschmann scalar and the other symbols have their usual meanings.

This mathematical relationship posted above is based on Newton's law of universal gravitation,

F(M, m)= GMm/r^2..........2)

where G = universal gravitation constant = 6.67384 × 10-11 m3 kg-1 s-2

On rearranging the terms on the right hand side of equation (1), we get:

K =(48/c^4) x (GM/r^2)^2 x (1/r^2)

But, GM/r^2 = g

Therefore, K =(48 g^2)/(c^4 x r^2)

Since, g and c are constants, thus K is inversely proportional to r^2 which is the inverse square law followed by equation 2 above.

Location hidden

#69443 Mar 15, 2014
PART 2:

If at the center of the massive body, r = 0, or if r = r(s), where r(s)= Schwarzschild radius, then K becomes infinite which results in infinite spacetime reducing to a singularity and in this superdense state spacetime is ill-defined with all the laws of physics breaking down.

If applied to the universe, the pre-BB singularity would indicate a creator creating the universe.

GR is limited by the dreaded singularity.

QM makes a better case by disallowing a particle from occupying a space lesser than its wavelength.

Thus, in the alternative view of the origin of the universe, or rather of the multiverse, QM vacuum is a state of "nothing" which encompasses faint EM waves and of virtual particles popping in and out of the false vacuum with symmetry breaking (in the continuous annihilation of matter-anti matter mechanism) taking place at the instant when the vacuum's innate population of particles exceeds the number of antiparticles on account of slower decay rate of the former when compared to the latter. So, cosmic inflation sets in resulting in formation of a true vacuum via BB which leads to the subsequent evolution of spacetime.

Location hidden

#69445 Mar 15, 2014
PART 3:

The QM vacuum state of nothing is called so since its overall energy is 0 on account of the fact that gravitational energy (gravitation arises due to curvature of spacetime) does negative work while matter does positive work and so the net energy of the isolated system turns out to be 0 as they're perfectly balanced and as such the law of the conservation of energy remains unviolated.

Cosmic inflation has to have a beginning but can proceed forever in the forward direction since as one retraces the path backwards it's mathematically observed that the mass of a massive object slows down as it approaches c and so it can never exceed c. So, cosmic inflation commenced in the vacuum but will perpetuate in the form of the expanding universe until dark energy keeps up its anti-gravitational effect.

Location hidden

#69446 Mar 15, 2014
FORMER,

I'll reply after some time.

Bye.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#69447 Mar 15, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed the part of the story where they were building a publicly funded church in the 911 museum. Of course, there are quite a few publicly funded places of worship in the US -- at least one on every major military post. Many in public hospitals. Others are just historical sites that receive public renovation funds (the Old North Church in Massachusetts for example).
Historical sites are not often used as shrines. They could be, but usually not.

Hospitals almost always cater to any denomination or religion that requests space.

Miltitary bases are a whole other issue. In case you are not aware, the US Air Force is rife with "born agains", been proven discriminatory, and has been subject to legal action as a result, primarily from a Jewish guy. Chaplains, on the other hand, are interdenominational in who they serve, and by all indications, represent a successful program.
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>American battlefields like Pearl Harbour and Gettysburg receive public funding and have crosses on them. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to call the site of the WTC an American battlefield.
I wonder where the line is between a monument (a historical appreciation) and a shrine ( a religious appreciation). Also, I am not sure what is so historical about Christians dying in the WTC. Thats wasnt the storyline. To me, the cross is more about a shrine, i.e. a religious place of worship.

I am fine with a cross at the WTC museum (as a shrine). However, I am NOT fine with excluding any other group that requests their shrine in return. Once the door is opened, it should be open to anyone.

Location hidden

#69449 Mar 15, 2014
aegege wrote:
jews do not own that land, i'm ashamed europe supports isreal in any way.
isreal is the creation of the most evil and genocidal family in the world. it's the creation of the rothschild family. anyone can examine this.
google for balfour decleration and press pictures, rothschild family owns isreal.
aegege

Klaksvík, Faroe Islands

#69450 Mar 15, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7XrRyqses5UXX
are you a fucking idiot. This are serious matters!
It's about world domination and those who own the money system.

This is the balfour decleration open to see for everyone. You don't need the protocols of the elders of zion to prove this.

Balfour decleration signed by Rotshchild family. Rothschild family made the contract, says something about the power the rothschild family had as a banking family.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

Anyone can examine how Rothschild have caused wars earlier on.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#69451 Mar 15, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
...I am fine with a cross at the WTC museum (as a shrine). However, I am NOT fine with excluding any other group that requests their shrine in return. Once the door is opened, it should be open to anyone.
I agree. But what is an "atheist shrine"? A golden idol of the flying spaghetti monster? A huge alabaster question mark?

It sounds a bit oxymoronic.

Location hidden

#69452 Mar 15, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
PART 3:
...Cosmic inflation has to have a beginning ....
The origin of comic inflation is easy to understand ... G-d printed too many stars and devalued the present inventories.

Eventually, it will be controlled by a combination of wage controls, supply side monetary policies and a strict program of monetarism.

Location hidden

#69453 Mar 15, 2014
aegege wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the balfour decleration open to see for everyone. You don't need the protocols of the elders of zion to prove this.
Balfour decleration signed by Rotshchild family. Rothschild family made the contract, says something about the power the rothschild family had as a banking family.
Oh no! He's ON to us! Call Mossad!

Location hidden

#69454 Mar 15, 2014
aegege wrote:
<quoted text>
and you are a serious loon

seriously

Location hidden

#69455 Mar 15, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. But what is an "atheist shrine"? A golden idol of the flying spaghetti monster? A huge alabaster question mark?
It sounds a bit oxymoronic.
I am not sure they wanted so much a shrine as a listing of prominent atheists

But if it is a shrine, who are we to judge? They feel the same way about the cross.

Location hidden

#69456 Mar 15, 2014
aegege wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops, I actually took you seriously until I remembered it was Purim. You are good - you had me going for a while thinking you were really an uncouth loon. Chag sameach to you too.

Location hidden

#69457 Mar 15, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure they wanted so much a shrine as a listing of prominent atheists
But if it is a shrine, who are we to judge? They feel the same way about the cross.
All religious iconography is symbolic -- some more so than others. I don't find a cross any more or less offensive as the yin yang, the karmic wheel, a swastika (the original one) or the golden arches.

Atheism, at it's core, is a desire not to be included in the world of religion or faith-based ideologies and that is a great thing. An ideology based on no preconceptions would be a great thing. That is why I find it so ironic that a radical atheist's response to religious culture is either "I don't have something so you can't have something" or "if you have something I want to have it too". At best it's ironic, at worst it's petulant and childish.

I don't believe that the inclusion of religious iconography is a publicly funded museum constitutes either making a law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. I also believe that attempting to erase any hint of religious culture from any public institution is reductio ad absurdum of the First Amendment.

Location hidden

#69458 Mar 15, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>

All religious iconography is symbolic -- some more so than others. I don't find a cross any more or less offensive as the yin yang, the karmic wheel, a swastika (the original one) or the golden arches.
Brainless Idiot,

Do you find a menorah or a shofar as offensive as a cross, swastika or the yin yang?

Location hidden

#69459 Mar 15, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>

The origin of comic inflation is easy to understand ... G-d printed too many stars and devalued the present inventories.
Get back to your menial job with G-d tucked deep inside your butt crack, Ok?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seaside Police: Family of child found wandering... 33 min Vanessa butler 1
Some Mexicans leaving US, planning never to return (Dec '08) 14 hr Hans Smit 15,726
Who do you support for Superintendent of Public... (Oct '10) Thu concernedconserva... 48
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 28 maranatha 246
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1

Beach Hazards Statement for Monterey County was issued at November 01 at 1:44AM PDT

Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]