Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72047 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#68803 Mar 4, 2014
So, we have another NURSE on this thread. I am not surprised to know that FORMER the dunce worked as a menial nurse in the past. Anyway, each to his own.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#68804 Mar 4, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not interested in idle chit chat with you unless you can follow some basic rules:
1. First and foremost, clearly state the point/position you are trying to make
2. Make some assertions or arguments to support your position
3. Provide citations or other supporting information
4. Stop employing the socratic method when engaging in conversation/debate
Since, at this point, I have no idea what point you are even trying to make, I say you have some work to do before I will engage you further.
PS: If you attempt to get to a point via your typical round-about socratic method,
CORRECTION:

PS: If you attempt to get to a point via your typical round-about socratic method, you will once again be placed in time out and ignored until you learn to behave.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68805 Mar 4, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
No magic for me.
I've been sufficiently exposed to magic and been seriously damaged in mind-body in the process and will have nothing to do with it.
As for your racist innuendo, well, I admire Africa for its raw topography and splendid wildlife.
Racism is ingrained in the minds of stupid people who fail to see the larger picture.
HughBe---I see that you prefer white magic and countries that KNOWINGLY make laws that are CONTRARY to their constitutions.

Joel---As for your racist innuendo, well, I admire Africa for its raw topography and splendid wildlife.

Racism is ingrained in the MINDS of STUPID people who fail to see the larger picture

HughBe--- Clearly racism is on your MIND but not on mine. My point was that white magic is the GOOD one, so it is said.

Lesson: white magic=magic used for GOOD purposes, especially to counteract evil (contrasted with black magic )
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68806 Mar 4, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you ask a physician the same question?
Why don't you ask your doctor that question the next time you see him or her?
Would you be at all concerned that you might appear to be a moron?
Just curious.
HughBe---Why the choice of career? Were you motivated by the opportunity to "care" for the patients and in particular the males?

Former---Would you ask a physician the same question?

HughBe--- Yes, depending on the relationship or how I perceive the person.

Former---Why don't you ask your doctor that question the next time you see him or her?

HughBe---- See above but I shall add that if you FEEL that it is beyond me to do so you are brainless. I am not joking.

Former---Would you be at all concerned that you might appear to be a moron

HughBe--- No as I know who I am. Finally, try answering the questions.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68808 Mar 4, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexual perversions exist in lesser or in greater degree everywhere.
In Jamaica, intellectual pursuits rank low since the vast majority of its people lack the aptitude for higher intellectual activity leading to solid achievements in higher education, scientific research, industry and economics and so in the absence of these the emphasis is on sensuality and superstition.
In fact, I was really surprised when you informed me that in the past you taught a science subject at a Jamaican university.
I don't equate you with Math/Science as I don't see that aptitude/proficiency in you even if happen to possess a master's or a doctorate degree in a scientific discipline.
To teach/research Math/Science, a very strong grasp of the fundamentals and a deep love for imparting knowledge and a burning passion for cutting edge research have to be present in the person otherwise it leads to superficiality and to stupidity.
In Seoul, Tokyo and Singapore, people are more focussed on knowledge, higher education, scientific research, industry, discipline, hygiene and efficiency.
These Asian cities are truly dynamic places. Must visit.
Correct in all that you have said and I expect no less from you. However, here in the land of tree-dwellers we are low on intellectual development but very high on INTEGRITY, JUSTICE, TRUTH, FAIRNESS, LOVE, GOODNESS and the EQUALITY of ALL RACES.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#68809 Mar 4, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Frijoles---Actually, the reason they NEVER made any such proclamation -(and I believe I even stated this already) was simply because NOONE had litigated the issue to them yet.
HughBe--- Why? Is it ignorance on the part of the homosexuality community that their CONSTITUTIONAL rights were being VIOLATED by the US Government and others?
Recall, it was ILLEGAL and that speaks to Government .
Now, explain why the US Government KNOWINGLY passed laws that were ILLEGAL and that VIOLATED the Constitution.
Explain why the Courts would sentence people for HOMOSEXUALITY when they KNEW that it was not against the constitution.
I am not aware anyone was ever prosecuted for homosexuality.

Which supports my point. We ahve many laws which are not constiutional, and frankly not much an issue because the authorities know better than to enforce them, as that would elicit a legal challenge. So they ignore them. The sodomy laws of some of the states are a good example of this.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68810 Mar 4, 2014
Cult of Reason---I am not interested in idle chit chat with you UNLESS you can follow some basic rules:

HUghBe--- I am comforted by your willingness to engage in "idle chit chat" with me. However, I do not regard the current discussion in that way.

The Cunti's Rules--1. First and foremost, clearly state the point/position you are trying to make
2. Make some assertions or arguments to support your position
3. Provide CITATIONS or other supporting information
4. Stop employing the socratic method when engaging in conversation/debate
Since, at this point, I have no idea what point you are even trying to make, I say you have some work to do before I will engage you further.

HughBe--- I believe that rules in this and parallel contexts should be mutually agreed upon but clearly your experience has taught you otherwise. My rules are these.
a) Be truthful
b) Do not dodge.

You may observe that unlike your rules my simple rules do not speak to methodology as I believe that you should be given the freedom in that respect.

By the way did you provide any CITATION for your assertion that BLACKS are regarded as 3/5 men in the US constitution? NO you did NOT and so you have VIOLATED your own rules. Provide the CITATIONS now.

Now please explain YOUR own words below.

Explain how my question is SILLY in the context of your 123 and then answer my silly question anyway.

Cult of Reason---According to the US Constitution - Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 3, BLACKS were only considered three-fifths men.

HughBe---- So, was the US Constitution wrong?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68811 Mar 4, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
So, we have another NURSE on this thread. I am not surprised to know that FORMER the dunce worked as a menial nurse in the past. Anyway, each to his own.
Try NEVER to get sick to the extent that you are hospitalized. Why? It shall be DUNCE nurses who will be taking care of you including giving you injections. Can you imagine when these DUNCES cannot read the labels correctly and so administer estrogen injections to you instead of antibiotics.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68812 Mar 4, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Which supports my point. We ahve many laws which are not constiutional, and frankly not much an issue because the authorities know better than to enforce them, as that would elicit a legal challenge. So they ignore them. The sodomy laws of some of the states are a good example of this.
Frijoles--- We ahve many laws which are not constiutional,

HughBe--- Thank you for that. Once again, explain why the US Government KNOWINGLY passed laws that were ILLEGAL and that VIOLATED the Constitution.

Explain why the Courts would sentence people for HOMOSEXUALITY when they KNEW that it was not against the constitution.

Finally, the courts now are of inferior quality when compared to the courts when the Constitution was drafted and implemented, in my opinion. As explained before those judges who lived at the time of the framing of the constitution had SUPERIOR knowledge and understanding of its INTENTIONS. Why? They would have been MAJOR contributors to it and so they would KNOW their own thoughts, do you think?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#68813 Mar 4, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
.......Former---Would you be at all concerned that you might appear to be a moron
HughBe--- No as I know who I am. Finally, try answering the questions.
ok but since twice now you've admitted that you're mentally challenged, I shall keep it brief and simple..........you're welcome.

Yes, I went into healthcare because I had a desk job and though I would more enjoy working with people (of both genders and all ages and colors).
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68814 Mar 4, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---I am not aware anyone was ever prosecuted for homosexuality.

HughBe--- What? Please disown that garbage quickly.

Is there a link between homosexuality and SODOMY and the related laws?

Location hidden

#68815 Mar 4, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles--- We ahve many laws which are not constiutional,
HughBe--- Thank you for that. Once again, explain why the US Government KNOWINGLY passed laws that were ILLEGAL and that VIOLATED the Constitution.
Finally, the courts now are of inferior quality when compared to the courts when the Constitution was drafted and implemented, in my opinion. As explained before those judges who lived at the time of the framing of the constitution had SUPERIOR knowledge and understanding of its INTENTIONS. Why? They would have been MAJOR contributors to it and so they would KNOW their own thoughts, do you think?
You obviously dont understand our political system.

LEGISLATURES pass laws, not the courts. They pass lots of laws. IF they are obviously unconstitutional, AND someone cares enough, someone challenges them in court.

In any year, there are hundreds of state laws that get passed, and a certain percentage of them are routinely challenged in court.

Courts dont pass laws.

The funny thing is, I'd imagine there is the same or similar system in Jamaica.

Location hidden

#68816 Mar 4, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
ok but since twice now you've admitted that you're mentally challenged, I shall keep it brief and simple..........you're welcome.
Yes, I went into healthcare because I had a desk job and though I would more enjoy working with people (of both genders and all ages and colors).
why did you quit? Did you quit?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68817 Mar 4, 2014
Former---ok but since twice now you've admitted that you're mentally challenged, I shall keep it brief and simple..........you're welcome.

HughBe--- Just the way I like it. I shall confirm my state many more times for your pleasure.

Former---Yes, I went into healthcare because I had a desk job and though I would more enjoy working with people (of both genders and all ages and colors).

HughBe--- Did you give it much thoughT?:D

Did the experience give you satisfaction?

Location hidden

#68818 Mar 4, 2014
Hughbe pretending as usual

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judiciary_of_Jam...

Supreme Court[edit]

The Supreme Court has unlimited original jurisdiction in criminal and civil cases. The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is the head of the judiciary. Besides the Chief Justice, the court is composed of the Senior Puisne Judge and additional Puisne Judge, with their number established by Parliament. In response to increasing case load, Parliament in 2008 increased the number of spaces on the Supreme Court from 26 to 40[5] with the new spaces filled over time by appointment of new judges.

The Supreme Court has a number of divisions, in which a subset of the justices hear specific types of cases. The Circuit Court is the division for criminal cases, holding sessions in the individual parishes. The The Justices of the Peace (Appeals) Act states that the "Circuit Court for every parish in this Island shall be the Appeal Court for matters arising in every such parish."[6] Other divisions of the Supreme Court are the Gun Court, the Commercial Court, the Revenue Court, and the Family Court. In the civil division of the Supreme Court the judge sits alone without the jury, except in cases of defamation. The Supreme Court also serves as a Constitutional Court for Jamaica.
----------

NOTE: "...The Supreme Court also serves as a Constitutional Court for Jamaica.,,,"

In other words they have the same system. The Legislature passes a law, and if it is unconstiutional, it can be appealed to the Supreme Court.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68819 Mar 4, 2014
Boys, I really have to go again. Perhaps later.

Please control the tears. PLEASE.

Love, sweet Hugh.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#68820 Mar 4, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
why did you quit? Did you quit?
I ended up monitoring drug trials as many healthcare people do. Sometime you need a break from the day to day clinical work. Then slid into managing social workers and all of a sudden realized I was back behind a desk again.

So of course then I went to real estate school (2 siblings and a mom with RE licenses), Then did some RE investing/landlording.
That was career #3.

#1 was technical editing - close to 10 years.

Haven't gotten back to RE yet in CT. Sold what I had in PA. kind of a semi-retired RE guy now I guess.

Today babysat 2 guys for 5 hours while they replaced our garage doors and openers. The old ones gave out. Cheap doors and old openers that were here when we moved in.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#68821 Mar 4, 2014
HughBe wrote:
.....HughBe--- Did you give it much thoughT?:D
Did the experience give you satisfaction?
Yes as did the educational part of it - LPN program/associates RN/BSN and masters program (the last one courtesy of the American Tax payers). full scholarship due to showing up and doing the work - thanks!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#68822 Mar 4, 2014
HughBe wrote:
...By the way did you provide any CITATION for your assertion that BLACKS are regarded as 3/5 men in the US constitution? NO you did NOT and so you have VIOLATED your own rules. Provide the CITATIONS now.
Now please explain YOUR own words below.
Explain how my question is SILLY in the context of your 123 and then answer my silly question anyway.
Cult of Reason---According to the US Constitution - Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 3, BLACKS were only considered three-fifths men.
HughBe---- So, was the US Constitution wrong?
Hey Dumbo,

Quoting from the US Constitution and providing the exact location of the quote IS a CITATION.

Now, go slink away and don't come back until you can UNDERSTAND and COMPLY by my rules of engagement. Otherwise, you will continue to be treated like the troll that you are.
whatever

Gila, NM

#68823 Mar 4, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, in Saudi Arabia -- you can get the death penalty for "preaching" anything except Islam.
Jews don't preach -- we don't go knocking on people's doors and asking them if who they pray to or how they do it.
Most of us find it offensive and impolite.
The best way to share Jesus as some ones only savior from sin is to be their friend first
some times that is not possible , When a reasonable person really thinks about it .. they should be more offended that a person who believes Jesus is the only way to be saved would keep quiet about it .. IF the person was a Jewish person.. or to any one else to..

it would be like not telling the person they know a bomb is set and ready to kill them and their whole family

www.whataboutjesus.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Parents: Stop giving your kids cell phones 17 hr Middle School Tea... 1
the music thread (Apr '12) Fri Musikologist 23
News Seaside was set to go big on pot dispensaries. ... Feb 9 Seduciary 2
Help finding old acquaintance? Feb 9 Peter le Cornu 1
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Feb 3 Lee 1,558
Legit black needed ASAP Jan 31 Slimthugga420 3
Trump Aggressive Bed Wetting Jan 29 Moochy 1

Monterey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance