Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72037 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#66270 Jan 21, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
He's also never denied being a 7th Day Adventist when it became obvious based on his stated beliefs and practices (such as celebrating the Sabbath on a Saturday).
I think we, or I, ruled out the 7th Day thing. I dont remember why.

I know a few of them, and they tend to be nonjudgemental. They definitely get along with Jewish people - no rivalry. At least the few I know do.

The Gay Jamaican also once told us he attends more than one church - he rotates. Probably because no single church will allow him to stay too long as he probably gets on their nerves.

Location hidden

#66271 Jan 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
That was good research! I agree but I always wondered why
he wouldn't cop to it.
But now he's off to some Klingon/Dingleberry convention so we won't
hear from him for a while.
I will never be the same while watching Trek.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#66274 Jan 21, 2014
(B) HughBe--- Ignoring the quotation marks, YOU are no Christian. Perhaps you are a Jew but you are certainly NOT a Christian.

Former---So you can choose to ignore them and then say something UNINFORMED, as you did.

HughBe--- I am uninformed because YOU an atheist is called a non-Christian. Intelligent, of you.

Former---Or you can recall that I'm an atheist. I care enough about you to remember that you're a scientologist - correct?

HughBe--- Impressive and touching.

Former---(The quotes were that I was raised as a Catholic boy.)

HughBe--- The only change that I have see is that you are no longer a Catholic.

Former---Actually, you never did a put a name to your chosen faith. Are you ashamed of it?

HughBe--- Incorrect. Increase you care for me.

Former---Does it have a name?

HughBe--- Yes, it is called name name.

HughBe---I spoke of differenceS and so I am still waiting.

Former---I gave you one. Another is the Sabbath - Saturday vs Sunday.

Also Christians believe in the New Testament while Jews do not.

HughBe--- I and millions of Christians including Jewish Christians observe the Sabbath.

Christians Jews believe in their Messiah Jesus and the New Testament. Ask Eric's brother.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#66275 Jan 21, 2014
is=are
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#66276 Jan 21, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we, or I, ruled out the 7th Day thing. I dont remember why.
I know a few of them, and they tend to be nonjudgemental. They definitely get along with Jewish people - no rivalry. At least the few I know do.
The Gay Jamaican also once told us he attends more than one church - he rotates. Probably because no single church will allow him to stay too long as he probably gets on their nerves.
The getting on the nerves thing is a GIFT. I attend 2 DENOMINATIONS almost every Sabbath.

Location hidden

#66277 Jan 21, 2014
Leprosy is also a gift if you spin it right.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#66278 Jan 21, 2014
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- I am uninformed because YOU an atheist is called a non-Christian. Intelligent, of you.
Unintelligent of you to not know I've been an atheist since you were a little fellow playing with dolls and noticing the other little fellows in the sand box while singing show tunes and dreaming of the latest fashions.
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- I and millions of Christians including Jewish Christians observe the Sabbath.
Christians Jews believe in their Messiah Jesus and the New Testament. Ask Eric's brother.
No such thing as Christian Jews.

Next thing you'll be telling me there are Jewish Nazis.
(With nod to Godwin's Law...)

Christians believe in Christ; Jews don't.

You however call up down and day night if you wish to.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#66279 Jan 21, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>I will never be the same while watching Trek.
So, you were disappointed when Chris Pine was cast as Capt Kirk too?

I commiserate with you, brother.

Location hidden

#66280 Jan 21, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
dunno. I saw the first Trek movie and that was it. I am a traditional sort of guy - its the original series or nothing.

Location hidden

#66281 Jan 21, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>dunno. I saw the first Trek movie and that was it. I am a traditional sort of guy - its the original series or nothing.
First 'Trek' movie from '79 or the first JJ Abrams reboot? There's a difference.

I agree that TOS is the best of the franchise. I'm also one of the few fans of 'Enterprise' but don't tell my parents. I'm not ready to come out if the closet yet.

Location hidden

#66282 Jan 21, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
First 'Trek' movie from '79 or the first JJ Abrams reboot? There's a difference.
I agree that TOS is the best of the franchise. I'm also one of the few fans of 'Enterprise' but don't tell my parents. I'm not ready to come out if the closet yet.
Probably the latter. I think in 79 I was still recovering from Jaws and Star Trek
former res

Cheshire, CT

#66283 Jan 21, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Like only the original and the latest reboot.

Kirk. Spock, Bones - all good. Scotty just so so.

Good sense of humor to it all and it respects the original.

No time for any of the in between stuff - Captain Pickard ? Data etc.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#66284 Jan 21, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
dunno. I saw the first Trek movie and that was it. I am a traditional sort of guy - its the original series or nothing.
Star Trek 2 Wrath of Kahn was better than the original, much the
same way Superman 2 was better than the first one.

I like it when Ricardo Motalban said

"From the depths of hell I stab at thee."
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#66285 Jan 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Unintelligent of you to not know I've been an atheist since you were a little fellow playing with dolls and noticing the other little fellows in the sand box while singing show tunes and dreaming of the latest fashions.
<quoted text>
No such thing as Christian Jews.
Next thing you'll be telling me there are Jewish Nazis.
(With nod to Godwin's Law...)
Christians believe in Christ; Jews don't.
You however call up down and day night if you wish to.
Once again, please read and respond. I am taking my questions one by one.

Ezekiel 6:5 And I will lay the dead carcases of the children of ISRAEL before their IDOLS"

What did GOD call them?

Who were they worshipping?

PS: If you make an HONEST attempt at the above I shall ignore the rest of my previous post. I shall introduce another point and I want us to reason together.

Finally, keep your misguided/lying and foolish opinion about who is a Jew to yourself and the spiritual PHARAOHS of Judaism aka rabbis and FOCUS on the words of God or what is found in the Tanach.

Now son, do as you are told and you shall see the LIGHT.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#66286 Jan 21, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
Leprosy is also a gift if you spin it right.
1.That would be more than a spin it would be gross PERVERSION.

2. Some love NOT TRUTH and so my gift gets on their nerves as I am a witness and a messenger of Truth and they are NOT.

3.Light and darkness do not mix. The light REPELS the dark forces and so that accounts for the getting on the nerves of the dark forces.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#66287 Jan 21, 2014
Oh Former dear, here is more help for you and the god-men of Judaism.

It is NOT the other point that I spoke of, it is just one of many passages that call you and them LIARS.

Your point is, once a Jew does not follow Judaism s/he is not a JEW. This doctrine is so evil that it is CRIMINAL in my opinion. ALL who teach it should be charged with CRIMES against humanity i.e. the Jewish people.

Let us use the words of the fellow that Judahites or members of Judaism CLAIM to worship. Do you suppose that they should have any regard for what He says?

Jeremiah 44

1. The word that came to Jeremiah concerning all the JEWS which dwell in the land of Egypt,.... saying,

2 Thus SAITH the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Ye have seen all the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, and upon all the cities of Judah; and, behold, this day they are a desolation, and no man dwelleth therein,

3 Because of their WICKEDNESS which they have committed to provoke me to anger, IN THAT they went to burn incense, and to SERVE other gods....

Now DECEIVER, what were they called? Answer, JEWS.

What were they doing? Answer, worshipping IDOLS.

NOW boy, desist with your EVIL.

Location hidden

#66288 Jan 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

The coolest bad guys always quote Melville.

'Star Trek The Motion Picture' aka Star Trek 1, was actually written to be a series. When the studio decided to kill the series (which was to be called 'Star Trek New Voyages') they mashed up two scripts from the series and took the sets, props and actors who were already filming the pilot to make the movie.

That is the reason for the slow pacing. The scripts were written to build up to a mid season climax after six to ten episodes, not 132 minutes.

On its own, I would have to agree that 'STWOK' was a better film than 'STTMP'(much more watchable) But,'STTMP' was cinegraphically better and closer to the tone of the original 'Star Trek' series.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#66289 Jan 21, 2014
Note my boy, I quoted from the prophet Ezekiel and then the prophet Jeremiah. Next quote will be from another prophet.

Who are prophets?

I know about the Aaronic priesthood/priests but who the material are rabbis?

Give me the words of Isaiah the prophets.

"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them" Isaiah 8:20

Neither YOU nor the rabbis speak accordingly.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#66290 Jan 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Star Trek 2 Wrath of Kahn was better than the original, much the
same way Superman 2 was better than the first one.
rabbee: nah! considering the budget, i think the first one was better.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#66291 Jan 21, 2014
EVOLUTIONARY PROCESSES

Dissipative systems maintain themselves in a stable state far from equilibrium. An open system in equilibrium is non-functional. An organism in thermo-chemical equilibrium is dead as the frequency of vibration of its energy field that derives from this constant interaction of the system with chemicals and temperature conditions within itself and with its environment needed to sustain its metabolic and sensory and cognitive faculties cannot be maintained. It's been observed the farther a dissipative system is from equilibrium, the greater will be its complexity because the flow processes or the fluxes within and without get stronger and entropy (disorder) increases leading the system away from instability which as a result generate greater patterns of instability which, ironically, could lead to the emergence of new degrees of order - evolutionary mechanism at work. Evidently, the higher organisms are open systems that operate far away from equilibrium.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Aug 26 dld1234 1,543
News Coastal Commission votes against Santa Cruza s ... Aug 12 Swiss Mess 14
News Deadly Calif. wildfire that has destroyed 60 ho... Jul 31 Frank 1
News In the face of disaster, sense of community com... Jul '16 Donna do Wright 1
News More Monterey Co. Residents Evacuated As Sobera... Jul '16 mattie05 1
the music thread (Apr '12) Jul '16 Musikologist 21
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Jul '16 Zappacrappa42 59

Monterey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages