Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
58,881 - 58,900 of 68,993 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#65316 Jan 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
The links that I have been posting that disprove global warming are not getting posted despite repeated attempts.
I did see the links, thank you. I would figure you would be more discerning that that, though.

Link 1 was from Commentary, not science. Links 2 and 3 - you do UNDERSTAND the difference between SEA ice and Polar (i.e. land) ice? Obviously not. Back to school.......

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#65317 Jan 7, 2014
Coercion, war, capital punishment and blood sacrifices - pyrrhic victory!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#65318 Jan 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
I know quite a few individuals (including a 220 year old yogi (Barfani Baba - check his books or go to Google or to you-tube) who has maintained his body till now by the process of vitalization which is a much inferior process when compared to supramentalization) who've been telling me about the 2014/2015 deadline.
Let's see.
I have not seen evidence of a single prophecy getting fulfilled till date.
Everytime you come with a new (super) dude that tells you the same old sh*t that never happen.

BORING.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#65319 Jan 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
In science, we talk about evidence and confidence level and not proof.
Proof pertains to mathematics and to alcohol. LOL.
According to this dictionary evidence and proof are synonyms:

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/e...

Location hidden

#65320 Jan 7, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Isn't gravity still just a theory?
g = GM/R as a working hypothesis works well.

If one has doubts about the existence of the elusive graviton or gravitational waves, then switch to the electric universe and plasma cosmology hypotheses which appears to stand on firmer ground than than the current gravity based cosmological model.

Location hidden

#65321 Jan 7, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

Everytime you come with a new (super) dude that tells you the same old sh*t that never happen.

BORING.
Yes, nothing ever happens...

At least till now nothing radical has happened based on these "prophecies".

Location hidden

#65322 Jan 7, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

I did see the links, thank you.
I can't see those posts with the links that I have posted.

Have the links appeared online or did you receive them in your inbox?

Please tell me.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#65324 Jan 7, 2014
I'm God's gift to chicks, guys, bisexuals and gays. LMAO.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#65325 Jan 7, 2014
FRIJOLES: You do UNDERSTAND the difference between SEA ice and Polar (i.e. land) ice? Obviously not.

Back to school.......

JOEL: I know the difference...

The findings are disputed by many mainstream scientists...and besides, fluctuations in ice cover keep being reported all the time. I don't believe simply because a majority may say so. Often the majority is proven wrong in its inferences, data and reasonings.

BTW, how about answering these simple questions?

1) Why is water vapor a superior green house gas than carbon dioxide?

2) How would you explain the normal lapse rate?

3) Can you drive the SI units of specific heat capacity beginning with its basic definition (show all the working steps)?

(smiles in advance)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#65326 Jan 7, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
"...At this point the science of the subject has been so politicized.."
That was the key statement from the gentleman from Singapore. I ask, politicized by whom? The only politics I see is from the conservative camp. I dont see it coming from the scientific camp. Reminds me of the Fox News strategy of making something controversial on a talk show, then doubling back on the news segment to report on it as an authentic controversy.
Lke the so called "War on Christmas"? Amazing how many people eat this stuff up.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#65327 Jan 7, 2014
typo

3) Can you DERIVE the SI units of specific heat capacity beginning with its basic definition (show all the working steps)?

(smiles in advance)
former res

Cheshire, CT

#65328 Jan 7, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You didnt piss me off in the least. I just hope my deer are smart enough to find your property. Good riddance and enjoy!.
BTW the wildlife people claim that ultimate deer stocking density for your and my part for the state should be about 6 per sq mile, I think. At the highest, a few years ago, the density was around 50 per sq mile. Now its down a few less.
I'm like Rick and his friends. I'm a deer problem denier. I won't acknowledge the problem until one comes up and bites me in the axx, infects me with a deadly disease, and eats all my shrubs!

:))

Location hidden

#65329 Jan 7, 2014
Prophecies made by a competent mystic about oneself or about an individual fulfill themselves to a high degree - I have seen this in my own life - but prophecies about the world at large have always failed, till now.

Location hidden

#65330 Jan 7, 2014
Hobson's choice!
former res

Cheshire, CT

#65331 Jan 7, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
"...At this point the science of the subject has been so politicized.."
That was the key statement from the gentleman from Singapore. I ask, politicized by whom? The only politics I see is from the conservative camp. I dont see it coming from the scientific camp. Reminds me of the Fox News strategy of making something controversial on a talk show, then doubling back on the news segment to report on it as an authentic controversy.
Yes, they will say later in the news cycle, "Some have said........."....when it's THEY who said it!!

Location hidden

#65332 Jan 7, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm like Rick and his friends. I'm a deer problem denier. I won't acknowledge the problem until one comes up and bites me in the axx, infects me with a deadly disease, and eats all my shrubs!
:))
Personally, I dont care about the ticks. I pull a dozen or so off me a year, as long as you get them in a few hours, you are ok. I have had Lymes before - it sucks. But many many many other people have more hysterical reaction to them, and I acept that irrationality is reality.

Shrubs - not a problem here, mainly because deer are rare in my hood, maybe once a very three years or so.

What does bother me is the lack of understory in the forest. The feeding habits of the deer are now controlling forest regeneration. In other words, in many places the forest is not regenerating since the deer eat the saplings and seedlings. In other places, it is regenerating, but according to the selective palate of the deer.

Location hidden

#65333 Jan 7, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Lke the so called "War on Christmas"? Amazing how many people eat this stuff up.
Yes, but like the War on Christmas, they are winning but influencing the agenda.

Location hidden

#65334 Jan 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't see those posts with the links that I have posted.
Have the links appeared online or did you receive them in your inbox?
Please tell me.
I got mail!

Location hidden

#65335 Jan 7, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Inside the right-wing love affair with conspiracy theories

http://www.salon.com/2014/01/07/inside_the_ri...

"......One article about conspiracy theories explains,“For those people who may be on the ‘losing’ side (politically, socially, economically) of society, believing in conspiracies is therapeutic. It allows them to explain why they are on the losing side (“we were robbed, lied to”), ease their hurt (“our opponents are too powerful and so evil, it’s no surprise we lost”) and then finally, restore their egos (“we know the truth, we are smarter than normal people, we are not sheep, we are special”).”

Location hidden

#65336 Jan 7, 2014
Typo

g = GM/R^2 as a working hypothesis works well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 33 min Go aways 5,004
clint the flint 2 hr ubietron 1
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr lazy posts 200,590
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr lazy posts 15,963
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Thu JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Thu Money 1
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••