Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72100 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Voluntarist

United States

#62545 Nov 13, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, everyone knows "normal" behavior involves denying that legitimate governments exist as well as believing in every harebrained conspiracy theory ever invented.
Denying reality is the problem, there are no legitimate governments, there are only men and women trying to control your life.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#62546 Nov 13, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying reality is the problem, there are no legitimate governments, there are only men and women trying to control your life.
abnormal point of view

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#62547 Nov 13, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>

Oh, wait ...
Thats what he said...

yehoshooah adam

“Here again in The Torah”

Since: Nov 13

Denver Colorado 80218

#62548 Nov 13, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying reality is the problem, there are no legitimate governments, there are only men and women trying to control your life.
rabbee: so if you are saying, governments are all based in idolatry today. then i could accept, that as true.

yehoshooah adam

“Here again in The Torah”

Since: Nov 13

Denver Colorado 80218

#62549 Nov 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
abnormal point of view
rabbee: abnormal to whom? does it really matter to you, if it is considered abnormal to G-D. for what G-D says is normal, certainly is not normal for this world of insane abnormalities.

yehoshooah adam

“Here again in The Torah”

Since: Nov 13

Denver Colorado 80218

#62550 Nov 13, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
If you spend a lot of money for dirt, rocks, wood , nails and cement there is something wrong in your head.
rabbee: i have never ever, bought anything material that was not processed dirt. the reality is, everything physical is materialistically dirt.

yehoshooah adam

“Here again in The Torah”

Since: Nov 13

Denver Colorado 80218

#62551 Nov 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats what he said...
rabbee: that was only after she said,'no prenuptial agreements please!'
Voluntarist

United States

#62552 Nov 13, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: i have never ever, bought anything material that was not processed dirt. the reality is, everything physical is materialistically dirt.
The key words are "spend a lot of money on"
Voluntarist

United States

#62553 Nov 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
abnormal point of view
Well truth is stranger than fiction, who is the judge of legitimacy?
Voluntarist

United States

#62554 Nov 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What is risky about gay sexual behavior? Are you assuming that none of it is safe sex? How can you make that assumption?
Dont give me the poppycock about 1000 of partners. That is just a plain stupid notion.
There is no such thing as 100% safe sex so any increase in activity is an increased risk, that is why drivers who drive on the roads more than others will pay more for their increased risk of an accident.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#62555 Nov 13, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>...who is the judge of legitimacy?
Ummmm .... Actual judges. You know those folks who administer our laws?
Voluntarist

United States

#62556 Nov 13, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm .... Actual judges. You know those folks who administer our laws?
And what makes those judges legitimate? and try not to use circular logic.
Anonymous

Newark, NJ

#62557 Nov 13, 2013
Does anybody have bravelle?

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#62558 Nov 13, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>And what makes those judges legitimate? and try not to use circular logic.
Because we, as a society, believe having laws is generally a good thing. Lawless societies have existed in the past and they are generally considered to be failures.

If you want to have laws you need a legal system to interpret and enforce those laws. Our societal desire to have laws means we have to authorize persons to perform the functions of our legal system. So WE, members of said society have legitimized that authority.

Now you personally might not recognize the need for laws in a society so you have a few options.

Gather enough like-minded individuals to force a societal change or eschew current society and found your own society somewhere else - recognizing of course that if you have interactions with other societies you must conform to their laws.

Hope that wasn't too circular for you.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#62559 Nov 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

So thats what this is all about? You feel slighted?

Jeez, if you had any fragment of self respect about your own views you wouldnt bother tilting at windmills.
Slighted?

LOL.

Stop your nonsense.

Had you a little intelligence, you'd have inquired more about my experience with the supramental and its manifestation in the body instead of outright condemnation which is a tool adopted by mentally deficient people, while, on the other hand, you never condemn those insane bull shitters of Torah with their demon G-d and sky high sorcery and ignorance.

Torah and its teachings and its patriarchs and El are riff raff before the supramental yoga and its capacities.

If after making a few inquiries about the supramental experiences, had you still remained skeptical, I'd not have minded.

As I said, you lack even the most ordinary intelligence whereas your lack of intelligence, bigotry and sense of unfairness are sky high.

You're heading for destruction in your petty earnings, health and relationships if you don't change and this time when the force of destruction settles in your aura I am in a good mind not to dissolve it which I usually do.

Anyway, relax and learn.

We, including El or YHVH and Moshe and Avraham and Maimonides, are all learners till the end.

The Absolute is way off...

Take care.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#62560 Nov 13, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

If you spend a lot of money for dirt, rocks, wood , nails and cement there is something wrong in your head.
Where else will the middle class people go? Outside the city of Mumbai? Or to the poor areas that are well slightly better than slums?

A decent 800 square feet to 1000 square feet apartment in an upwardly mobile middle class locality in say Central Mumbai is priced at $ 1 million dollars or more.

Those 800 square feet to 1000 square feet middle class apartments in the Campa Cola apartment block that I mentioned cost between $ 1 million to $ 1.5 million at present property prices.

Apartments in the elite areas of Mumbai like Breach Candy, Warden Road, Altamount Road, Malabar Hill, Cuffe Parade, Walkeshwar, Nepeansea Road and so on are mostly in the $ 10 million per apartment range or way above $ 10 million depending on several customized factors.

Perhaps, real estate in Mumbai's upscale Malabar Hill is the most expensive in the world but the people living there are well uber-swank and uber-classy.

BTW, the kindergarten section of Cathedral School is located on a beautiful campus in Malabar Hill.
Voluntarist

United States

#62562 Nov 13, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we, as a society, believe having laws is generally a good thing. Lawless societies have existed in the past and they are generally considered to be failures.
If you want to have laws you need a legal system to interpret and enforce those laws. Our societal desire to have laws means we have to authorize persons to perform the functions of our legal system. So WE, members of said society have legitimized that authority.
Now you personally might not recognize the need for laws in a society so you have a few options.
Gather enough like-minded individuals to force a societal change or eschew current society and found your own society somewhere else - recognizing of course that if you have interactions with other societies you must conform to their laws.
Hope that wasn't too circular for you.
I have a problem with your use of the word "we", who is we?
Voluntarist

United States

#62563 Nov 13, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Where else will the middle class people go? Outside the city of Mumbai? Or to the poor areas that are well slightly better than slums?
A decent 800 square feet to 1000 square feet apartment in an upwardly mobile middle class locality in say Central Mumbai is priced at $ 1 million dollars or more.
Those 800 square feet to 1000 square feet middle class apartments in the Campa Cola apartment block that I mentioned cost between $ 1 million to $ 1.5 million at present property prices.
Apartments in the elite areas of Mumbai like Breach Candy, Warden Road, Altamount Road, Malabar Hill, Cuffe Parade, Walkeshwar, Nepeansea Road and so on are mostly in the $ 10 million per apartment range or way above $ 10 million depending on several customized factors.
Perhaps, real estate in Mumbai's upscale Malabar Hill is the most expensive in the world but the people living there are well uber-swank and uber-classy.
BTW, the kindergarten section of Cathedral School is located on a beautiful campus in Malabar Hill.
That sounds just wonderful but you are still talking about dirt, wood and cement and I fail to see how your dirt, wood and cement could be worth anymore than my dirt wood and cement, please explain.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#62564 Nov 13, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
...who is we?
The first-person plural?

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#62565 Nov 13, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
That sounds just wonderful but you are still talking about dirt, wood and cement and I fail to see how your dirt, wood and cement could be worth anymore than my dirt wood and cement, please explain.
For someone who claims to be Libertarian you seem shockingly uniformed on how a free market operated to achieve market value.

Your perception seems to have more in common with Karl Marx than with Adam Smith.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Successful Marina hotel owner asks city to forg... Jun 3 bubba b bobby 2
News Youngster dies in police chase on Highway 1 in ... (Jul '10) May '18 Trump supporter 831 30
Help finding old acquaintance? May '18 Barros 4
Sendy Russo May '18 Wondering 1
News Marina mayora s race: Incumbent Bruce Delgado v... (Nov '16) Apr '18 Kevin Saunders 2
Review: Francis Alwill General Contr (Jul '11) Apr '18 Bob Klinski 7
Legit black needed ASAP (Dec '17) Mar '18 pinsnneedles 4

Monterey Jobs

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages