Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
54,961 - 54,980 of 68,436 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

"...It was ranked 422nd on the List of Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.[3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lola_ (song)

(thats pretty piss poor for a rank)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Originally I thought she was just an ugly girl....
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
That and Lou Reed's Walk on the Wild Side.
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
I thought it was Hugh, and he lived in Jamaica NY

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
That and Lou Reed's Walk on the Wild Side.
I didnt graduate to Lou Reed until college, and by then I was slightly more worldly. Plus the words are not as drowned out. That said, I just reviewed the lyrics and I dont know if I knew back then that Joey was a male prostitute.

According to wiki
".....The song is also noted for its twin interlocking bass lines played by Herbie Flowers on double bass and overdubbed fretless bass guitar. In an interview on BBC Radio 4 ("Playing Second Fiddle", aired July 2005), Flowers claimed that the reason he came up with the twin bass line was that as a session musician he would be paid double for playing two instruments on the same track.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Silencers are a myth. You can suppress a shot, but not make it silent while in the movies. Even a small caliber pistol with sub-sonic ammunition will make an audible bang when fired.
That being said, the shotgun is a backup weapon against zombies. The primary way to deal with zombies is traps -- something often overlooked in zombie movies and comics.
Zombies are extremely predictable, adhere closely to a dogmatic pattern of reflex and taxis, and have no regard to their personal safety (mmmm... who does that sound like?).
Leading zombies into a situation where they self terminate is the best way of dealing with an infestation. After that, your only problem is waste disposal.
rabbee: well maybe you have never used a real silencer, that changes a bang into a puff. what do you think, a muffler on a car does? and like with a car, the bigger the caliper and grains the more difficult and bulky it is. so in the case of silencers, bigger is not better.

and there are quite a few, who fit that description on this message thread. but contrary to popular belief, zombies are essentially golem, and get their instruction from a zombie master. though they have no organizational skills of their own. you know like, a liberal democrat and their commie zombie master. but it still takes a head shot, to put them out of business. and very few zombie masters, achieve as much control as stalin, hitler or obama. and national health care for zombies, is quite expensive.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
A robot uprising would be significantly less entertaining than zombies. But, ultimately, I have very little faith in man's ability to create artificial intelligence when our human intelligence seems to be heading in the opposite direction.
The day a computer kills itself because it thinks it's fat is the day I will begin to worry about machine intelligence.
rabbee: well i would be more worried, about a jealous computer. killing you for fingering, another computer behind it's back. especially when you have, more than one female computer.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well maybe you have never used a real silencer, that changes a bang into a puff. what do you think, a muffler on a car does? and like with a car, the bigger the caliper and grains the more difficult and bulky it is. so in the case of silencers, bigger is not better.
and there are quite a few, who fit that description on this message thread. but contrary to popular belief, zombies are essentially golem, and get their instruction from a zombie master. though they have no organizational skills of their own. you know like, a liberal democrat and their commie zombie master. but it still takes a head shot, to put them out of business. and very few zombie masters, achieve as much control as stalin, hitler or obama. and national health care for zombies, is quite expensive.
In one post you confirmed you know nothing about two subjects -- firearms and the collected works for George Romero.

Congratulations.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
http://www.radiolab.org/story/ 137466-clever-bots/
In 2006, Robert Epstein decided to turn to his computer for some help finding a date. He was single at the time, and it seemed like everyone was getting into online dating. So he started searching through photos and sending messages, reaching out to women who caught his interest. And then he found a match--an attractive brunette from Russia named Svetlana. They struck up a correspondence that hummed along for 2 months...until a little bell went off in Robert's head, and he realized not only that Svetlana wasn't the woman of his dreams...she wasn't a woman at all.
rabbee: well that's one reason to avoid, computer dating a woman from san francisco.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not the machine intelligence I worry about. Its our inability as humans to interface properly with the machines I worry about.
This was a fascinating story:
http://www.radiolab.org/story/137407-talking-...
"...This hour of Radiolab, Jad and Robert meet humans and robots who are trying to connect, and blur the line.
We begin with a love story--from a man who unwittingly fell in love with a chatbot on an online dating site..."
rabbee: yeah! you never know about the perversions, of the sick mind of the programmer or hacker.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
In one post you confirmed you know nothing about two subjects -- firearms and the collected works for George Romero.
Congratulations.
rabbee: don't even know, who george romero is. so i did not get it from him. most of what posted, i got from the talmood and scripture - in reference to meseemers.

and i know firearms, better than you think. i used to make, my own firearms. so i am not unfamiliar, with gunsmithing.

and you have most likely, never even seen a real silencer. but have heard from the stupidity, of pretend true experts. because i, know it can be done effectively.

i just, don't take peoples word for anything. i have even made extremely high velocity weapons, using high explosives as a propellant. achieving muzzle velocities, beyond your wildest dreams.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

( CNSNews. com)- President Obama's
approval rating has taken another hit ,
dropping for the third quarter in a row , this
time to 44. 5 percent between July 20- Oct .
19 , Gallup reported on Monday.
That 's a three point decline from the
previous quarter , and it is the third largest
quarter- to- quarter decline of his five- year
( 19- quarter) presidency.
Obama's highest approval rating (63
percent) came during his first quarter as
president, and by the fifth quarter, it had
dropped to 48. 8 percent. Obama's lowest
quarterly approval rating , 41 percent , came
in the 11th quarter (third year ) of his
presidency.
Looking at the most recent quarter , Gallup
says Obama' s daily job approval rating
dropped in August and September amid
criticism over his call for military action in
Syria and Russia 's intervention to prevent
it . The partial government shutdown that
began on Oct . 1 and Obama's refusal to
negotiate over that and the debt limit sent
his job approval rating as low as 41 percent
in the current quarter , before it rebounded
slightly.
Gallup notes that three post -World War II
presidents -- Ronald Reagan, Dwight
Eisenhower , and Bill Clinton -- had
significantly higher 19th quarter averages
than Obama, all near 60 percent. Two
presidents had lower 19th quarter averages
than Obama: Richard Nixon, whose 19 th
quarter came during the Watergate
investigations, and Lyndon Johnson,
attributable mostly to the increasingly
unpopular Vietnam War.
Obama's 19th quarter approval average is
very similar to that of George W. Bush (43 .9
percent). Bush 's 19 th quarter ratings drop
came amid criticism of his handling of
Hurricane Katrina, and it never recovered..

http://m.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones...
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
This is where I, as a Libertarian, would part ways with the author. I don't believe a government solution to the Zombie Apocalypse is sustainable.
While today, a large segment of the tax base could be classified as 'Zombie'. In an actual apocalypse scenario. The undead would go from revenue positive to revenue negative. As the outbreak continued to spread, the government response would find itself deficit spending very quickly.
Currently, our government finances deficit spending by the foreign sales of US Bonds. But, in a global Zombie Pandemic, the market for purchasing US debt would dry up faster than zombie skin.
You call yourself libertarian but you believe in the initiation of force?

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>You call yourself libertarian but you believe in the initiation of force?
Only against zombies.

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>...and i know firearms, better than you think. i used to make, my own firearms. so i am not unfamiliar, with gunsmithing.

and you have most likely, never even seen a real silencer. but have heard from the stupidity, of pretend true experts. because i, know it can be done effectively.

i just, don't take peoples word for anything. i have even made extremely high velocity weapons, using high explosives as a propellant. achieving muzzle velocities, beyond your wildest dreams.
Uh huh.

I see you're intent on competing with Joel for top honours.

Good luck with that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Only against zombies.
Metaphorically speaking, of course.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
( CNSNews. com)
Still trolling with the garbage sites, I see. Pat Buchanan? Come now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybercast_News_S...

"...Terence P. Jeffrey became editor-in-chief in September 2007. Jeffrey was and remains an editor-at-large for the conservative weekly newspaper Human Events. He wrote editorials for The Washington Times from 19871991 and was research director for the presidential campaign of Patrick J. Buchanan in 1992. Jeffrey was Buchanan's national campaign manager in his 1996 campaign..."
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh.
I see you're intent on competing with Joel for top honours.
Good luck with that.
rabbee: not really! you just pissed me off, when you lied and said i knew nothing about firearms. hell i have made all the way up, to a 2 1/2" breach loading cannon. with not to mention, i was drill instructor in the us army. the only weapon, i ever bought was a .357 ruger single action. all the rest i made, other than the .36 caliber that was given to me.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
A robot uprising would be significantly less entertaining than zombies. But, ultimately, I have very little faith in man's ability to create artificial intelligence when our human intelligence seems to be heading in the opposite direction.
The day a computer kills itself because it thinks it's fat is the day I will begin to worry about machine intelligence.
Rick--The day a computer kills itself because it thinks it's fat is the day I will begin to worry about machine intelligence.

HughBe--- Good one, Rick. Actually I think it is clever.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was Hugh, and he lived in Jamaica NY
Frijoles --Originally I thought SHE was just an UGLY girl....

ERic---I thought it was Hugh, and HE lived in Jamaica NY

HughBe--- Still having a challenge in differentiating between sexes. A real cause for concern.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••