Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 71944 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#59529 Oct 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Given that he is not KNOWN in the US, I expect that his death shall not be covered.
I just googled both him and his party Shas with Google News, and NOT ONE American paper came up on the first page. ALL Israeli.

So no, this is not American news.
Voluntarist

United States

#59530 Oct 4, 2013
It is still unclear whether this was a normal checkpoint yesterday or one that was set up due to the drill the capitol police were running;
First responders perfect their skills in nation's
capital
October 2, 2013
WASHINGTON (Oct. 1, 2013)-- First responders in the National
Capital Region need to keep their skills at a high level of proficiency.
Participating in Capital Shield 14 is one of the methods they used to
maintain their expertise.
Capital Shield 2014 is a joint training exercise in the National Capital
Region, or NCR, that runs from Sept. 30 thru Oct. 3, and is hosted by
the Joint Force Headquarters - National Capital Region. It brings
federal, state, local and municipal agencies together to realistically
test interagency operability during a crisis impacting the District of
Columbia, Virginia and Maryland. It also trains and prepares the
Department of Defense to provide defense support to civil authorities
and employ appropriate force protection measures as requested.
"The importance of Capital Shield lies in the fact that emergencies are
imminent," said Cory R. Wright, JFHQ-NCR/MDW Capital Shield
Exercise director. "They happen. When will they happen? We don't
know, but the importance of knowing who will respond and what their
capabilities are can contribute to an emergency within the nation's
capital."
"Because we are all regional partners, it's nice to be able to pick up
the phone and know the other person on the end of the line when you
are in need of some help," said Fairfax County Fire and Rescue
Battalion Chief Paul Ruwe. "It's a lesson learned from 9/11. We had
good regional contact with the FBI Washington office, and that really
helped after the attack on the Pentagon."
Ruwe was acting as the Incident Commander and worked with the
Chemical Biological Incident Response Force, II Marine Expeditionary
Force, during the opening day of Capital Shield 14, at the Lorton Va.,
emergency training site, Sept. 30.
More than 38 participating agencies from DOD and capital region
response agencies performed mock mass casualty rescues, defense
support to civil agency technical rescues and law enforcement tactical
responses. The goal of the exercise is to ensure government agencies
at every level are prepared to coordinate action to protect the public
in the event of an actual disaster in the National Capital Region.
"Cross training with first responders, law enforcement and our military
prepares us for real world natural or man-made disasters," said
Wright. "In the end, it's good to learn the strengths and weakness in
a training environment. So if there were an emergency in the NCR,
each agency will know exactly what to do."

http://www.army.mil/article/112574/First_resp...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#59531 Oct 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

No, pain control is usually part of protocal. The patient should of declined. I did, the last time I was in the ER.
Ok, but to control pain why use something like morphine that reacts adversely with certain chemical substances to produce poisons and besides it could be addictive.

We should insist on safer alternatives.
Rump Ranger

United States

#59532 Oct 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
No, pain control is usually part of protocal. The patient should of declined. I did, the last time I was in the ER.
You like pain in your doodie hole don't you tinker bell?

Location hidden

#59533 Oct 4, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

<quoted text>

Glad that I am out of retail.
If you're into retail selling underwear, bricks, veggies, meat and condoms from a tiny shop then well forget about high profit margins.

Retail involves a lot of hard work, patience, long hours and small profits unless it's a well established retail business like say Marks and Spencer, Benetton or Saks.

The small Mom and Pop stores are passe, examples in subsistence business and require low investments, non-specialized skills and yield low returns - just sufficient to make 2 ends meet after a lot of labor, as you said earlier.

Man should attract opportunities and money towards himself instead of chasing these and it's a tragedy when despite the hard chase he ends up in loss making ventures or gets stuck in low return businesses.

Well, anyway, each to his own.

Be happy - this is very important.

Location hidden

#59534 Oct 4, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

What is your diagnoses?
What afflicts me appears like any other disease from the outside but the roots of the diseases are subtle or out of the ordinary that will not be understood by scientific mind or by lay minds alike.

It needs the yogic consciousness to perceive the cause behind my constant illnesses.

Nevertheless, I am trying out the medical route before considering other options that could have drastic consequences....

Location hidden

#59535 Oct 4, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

I have excellent math skills
Why haven't you attempted the simple math/arithmetic problems despite claiming to be good in Math?

What kind of Math are you good at?

A businessman claiming to be "excellent" in Math and who does his own accounting should find the following Math questions real easy.

1) CP = Cost Price, SP = Selling Price

If the CP of 10 pens = SP of 12 pens, is a profit or a loss made in the transaction? Calculate the percent profit or percent loss.

(show all the working steps)

2) Find the sum of the series to n terms

243 + 324 + 432 +.......n

3) A dealer offers a scheme - he sells one chocolate for $ 1 and says that for every empty wrapper returned a free chocolate would be given. A boy has $ 15 with him. How many chocolates can he have in all if he participates in the above scheme?

4) If the amount made in the 3rd year on an investment is $ 8 millions and if the amount made the following year is $ 8.5 millions, find the interest and the investment in $ if the rate of interest is 10% pa, interest being compounded annually.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#59536 Oct 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
1. Nobody can get me to quiver i.e. outside of a threat to my life.
I'm sorry to hear that your sex life isn't all that. Perhaps you're playing for the wrong team.
HughBe wrote:
2. Is your Christian Senator regarded as the GREATEST sage even by his congregants?
To many conservative, the answer is Yes. Just recently, another famous senator, Ted Cruz (who is greatly responsible for the current government shutdown), couldn't stop gushing about him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/11/ted-...
HughBe wrote:
3. He is a nobody when compared to Yosef who CHANGED the religious and political life in Israel.
So you keep saying, but the numbers don't support that assertion. But then again, when have you ever let facts ever get in the way of a good argument?
HughBe wrote:
Has your Christian Senator CHANGED the religious and political life in the US?
Yes. If you read my posts and did your homework on Jesse Helms or some of the other influential evangelicals I called out, you would have known that. Now take your fingers out of your ears and go do your homework.
HughBe wrote:
4. The obsession with Yosef is yours.
How so? You are the one that keeps mentioning him. I never even heard of the guy before you mentioned him. It's hard to be obsessed with someone I've never heard of nor do I give a rat's ass about because he has zero influence on my way of life.
HughBe wrote:
History shows that I have used others in support of my point. YOU have chosen to focus on Yosef and have sought to DIMINISH his significance in Israel and Judaism. Shame on you, COR.
I honestly don't care how "significant" this man is in Israel. He is a peon as far as I'm concerned, and far less relevant than Jesse Helms or any of a dozen American Christian Evangelicals who have influenced far grater numbers of people.
HughBe wrote:
5. When I called your Christian man a nobody was I being anti-Christian?
You would be anti-Christian if you used Jesse Helms' words and held it against those who practice Christianity, like you use Yosef's words and hold it against those who practice Judaism. But because of your hypocrisy, your blanket condemnations are one-sided.
HughBe wrote:
6. What is it that I have said about Yosef that makes me anti-semitic? Memory tells me that what I have done was to quote him and in your mind that makes me anti-semitic. That BS will not work with me.
Don't be foolish. It's not what you say about Yosef that makes you anti-semitic. It's your tendency to use his words to cast blanket aspersions against all who practice Judaism. That's called "making generalizations". Good, honest people to frown against that.
HughBe wrote:
What if I had called Yosef a NOBODY as I did your Christian Senator man, what would you have called me?
Again, your opinion of an individual is meaningless to me. It's when you use an individual's words to make unjustified generalizations that makes you anti-semitic. Why can't you go practice your own religion in peace and leave the Jews or others alone to practice as they see fit?
HughBe wrote:
7. I find that you have used the word anti-semitic in a TOTALLY DISHONEST and in my mind a CRIMINAL way.
Only because you're blinded by your bias. I'm neither Jewish nor Religious. I have no skin in this game other than a desire to see people treated fairly. You, sir, are far from being objective on this matter.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#59537 Oct 4, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
A gallstone is a crystalline concretion formed within the gallbladder by accretion of bile components...
rabbee: bile has nothing to do with, the formation of, kidney, or gall stones. the most common substance in gall and kidney stones is calcium oxalate build up. and least common is uric acid, cysteine, and struvite from infections. people who eat, foods rich in oxalic acid. should increase, their water intake. because of the low solubility, of calcium oxalate.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#59538 Oct 4, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry to hear that your sex life isn't all that. Perhaps you're playing for the wrong team.
<quoted text>
To many conservative, the answer is Yes. Just recently, another famous senator, Ted Cruz (who is greatly responsible for the current government shutdown), couldn't stop gushing about him.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/11/ted-...
<quoted text>
So you keep saying, but the numbers don't support that assertion. But then again, when have you ever let facts ever get in the way of a good argument?
<quoted text>
Yes. If you read my posts and did your homework on Jesse Helms or some of the other influential evangelicals I called out, you would have known that. Now take your fingers out of your ears and go do your homework.
<quoted text>
How so? You are the one that keeps mentioning him. I never even heard of the guy before you mentioned him. It's hard to be obsessed with someone I've never heard of nor do I give a rat's ass about because he has zero influence on my way of life.
<quoted text>
I honestly don't care how "significant" this man is in Israel. He is a peon as far as I'm concerned, and far less relevant than Jesse Helms or any of a dozen American Christian Evangelicals who have influenced far grater numbers of people.
<quoted text>
You would be anti-Christian if you used Jesse Helms' words and held it against those who practice Christianity, like you use Yosef's words and hold it against those who practice Judaism. But because of your hypocrisy, your blanket condemnations are one-sided.
<quoted text>
Don't be foolish. It's not what you say about Yosef that makes you anti-semitic. It's your tendency to use his words to cast blanket aspersions against all who practice Judaism. That's called "making generalizations". Good, honest people to frown against that.
<quoted text>
Again, your opinion of an individual is meaningless to me. It's when you use an individual's words to make unjustified generalizations that makes you anti-semitic. Why can't you go practice your own religion in peace and leave the Jews or others alone to practice as they see fit?
<quoted text>
Only because you're blinded by your bias. I'm neither Jewish nor Religious. I have no skin in this game other than a desire to see people treated fairly. You, sir, are far from being objective on this matter.
rabbee: if you both regard greatness, with respect to hasatan, baal hamolech, and halooseefer. then you have a warped sense of greatness. calling the evil bad good, does not make them any good.

Location hidden

#59539 Oct 4, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, but to control pain why use something like morphine that reacts adversely with certain chemical substances to produce poisons and besides it could be addictive.
We should insist on safer alternatives.
100% agreement on me for that. I had to argue with the nurse to NOT receive it. Thats wrong on a few levels.

OTOH I dont know anything about Gall Stones, but Kidney Stones are probably the most painful incident on earth (imagine sticking a sharp knife into your back into your kidneys AND THEN turning it) so I can totally understand the need for something strong and quick (if needed)(in my case my pain passed before I had the opportunity for morphine).

Location hidden

#59540 Oct 4, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
It is still unclear whether this was a normal checkpoint yesterday or one that was set up due to the drill the capitol police were running;
/
More amused by the copters flying over our part of town last night and this morning just because the woman happen to live near by.
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#59541 Oct 4, 2013
We have a wide range of Pharmaceutical Intermediates,drugs etc.We have very high purity products.Our prices are very moderate thus satisfactory to our clients.Our packaging is highly discreet.Feel free to contact us to...Message me if interested!EMAIL ( [email protected] )

Location hidden

#59542 Oct 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
More amused by the copters flying over our part of town last night and this morning just because the woman happen to live near by.
I saw the copters hovering yesterday. I thought maybe it was an accident on 95. I'm sure our resident conspiracy theorist thought it was "Capricorn One" come to life.
Voluntarist

United States

#59543 Oct 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
100% agreement on me for that. I had to argue with the nurse to NOT receive it. Thats wrong on a few levels.
OTOH I dont know anything about Gall Stones, but Kidney Stones are probably the most painful incident on earth (imagine sticking a sharp knife into your back into your kidneys AND THEN turning it) so I can totally understand the need for something strong and quick (if needed)(in my case my pain passed before I had the opportunity for morphine).
Kidney stones are caused by a calcium deficiency.
Voluntarist

United States

#59544 Oct 4, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw the copters hovering yesterday. I thought maybe it was an accident on 95. I'm sure our resident conspiracy theorist thought it was "Capricorn One" come to life.
I dont "reside" anywhere, I object to your legal determination
Voluntarist

United States

#59546 Oct 4, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're into retail selling underwear, bricks, veggies, meat and condoms from a tiny shop then well forget about high profit margins.
Retail involves a lot of hard work, patience, long hours and small profits unless it's a well established retail business like say Marks and Spencer, Benetton or Saks.
The small Mom and Pop stores are passe, examples in subsistence business and require low investments, non-specialized skills and yield low returns - just sufficient to make 2 ends meet after a lot of labor, as you said earlier.
Man should attract opportunities and money towards himself instead of chasing these and it's a tragedy when despite the hard chase he ends up in loss making ventures or gets stuck in low return businesses.
Well, anyway, each to his own.
Be happy - this is very important.
Yes that is true for most retail businesses but this business was highly profitable with no competition

Location hidden

#59547 Oct 4, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont "reside" anywhere, I object to your legal determination
Hmmm...What makes you think I was talking about you?

PS - You still haven't answered my post regarding the Affordable Care Act.

Location hidden

#59548 Oct 4, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

Kidney stones are caused by a calcium deficiency.
You mean that kidney stones are caused by an accumulation of calcium oxalate in the organ.

Kidney stones usually comprised of a compound called calcium oxalate, are the result of an accumulation of dissolved minerals on the inner lining of the kidneys. These deposits can grow to the size of a golf ball while maintaining a sharp, crystalline structure.

So, obviously, it means an excess of Ca^2+ ions that bond with oxalate anions C204^2- or (COO)2*2- form kidney stones.

Location hidden

#59549 Oct 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Ok, right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SD-area man gets 14 years for abusing wife (Jan '11) Aug 22 dGo mnaDde lyHo i... 5
News Fear mongering in Spreckels will have been in vain Aug 7 I am sorry 1
Monterey Public Officials VIOLATING FEDERAL LAWS Aug 7 Un agenda 21 and ... 6
News Del Rey Oaks Garden Center grand opening schedu... Jul '15 Kathi Buckley Smith 1
drugs Jul '15 JayJay 2
News Sex offender Tom Pollacci pleads not guilty to ... (Mar '09) Jul '15 martin5 360
City of seaside needs to replace more than PD T... Jul '15 fed up 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages