Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
52,161 - 52,180 of 68,834 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

really wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't be in heaven. The most famous rabbi--Jesus--said so.
Have Jews ALWAYS believed that God is not in the sky?

Thanks, Eric.
Eric

Roselle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---Opinion noted but please link the Psalms to Enoch. Also did you notice that I asked, "where do your RABBIS tell you that he is?"
Really now---He can't be in heaven. The most famous rabbi--Jesus--said so.
HughBe--- 1. Link has not been made 2. I spoke of RABBIS and not "rabbi" 3. Cite passage that supports what you have attributed to Jesus.
Note, I know of one passage that would capture Enoch but still I want you to cite yours.
Please desist from linking Jesus to your rabbis.
Oh, come on Hugh. Jesus was a great Rabbi. He wasn't the son of G-d. And, he wasn't the Messiah. But, he was a great Rabbi. His followers perverted his message after his death.

Enoch did not go to gan eden alive. Jesus said so. John 3:13 Which also means that Jesus did not go to gan eden alive either.
Eric

Roselle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Have Jews ALWAYS believed that God is not in the sky?
Thanks, Eric.
Do you understand what a figure of speech is? Do you understand how great literature is written? The Tanakh is some of the greatest written literature of all time.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, come on Hugh. Jesus was a great Rabbi. He wasn't the son of G-d. And, he wasn't the Messiah. But, he was a great Rabbi. His followers perverted his message after his death.
Enoch did not go to gan eden alive. Jesus said so. John 3:13 Which also means that Jesus did not go to gan eden alive either.
Eric---He(Jesus) wasn't the son of G-d.

HughBe--- He became the Son of God but was the God of Abraham.

Eric--And, he wasn't the Messiah.

HughBe--- Because your rabbis tell you so. Reality is otherwise. There shall NEVER be another Messiah. Stop misleading the Jewish people.

Eric--- His followers perverted his message after his death.

HughBe--- Why did they pervert His message? Is it because they enjoyed being treated badly and being persecuted? Paul, the Pharisee, and PERSECUTOR of the early church gave up his "standing" to suffer and all of these men endured these things because in your mind and that of your fellow rabbis they were PSYCHOTICS?

Eric---Enoch did not go to gan eden alive. Jesus said so.

HughBe--- It was implied and so correct.

I am impressed with your knowledge of the New Testament, so continue with your study of it. Your eyes shall be opened if you continue.

Eric---John 3:13 Which also means that Jesus did NOT go to gan eden alive either.

HughBe--- English comprehension is again proving to be a challenge to you, Eric. Now, correct me if I am wrong, Jesus was crucified and this means that He died.Is this correct? So, He did not go to heaven alive as a MORTAL and neither did Enoch as your rabbis so erroneously taught you and others.

He rose again and now sits at the right hand of God as is written in Psalm 110.

Finally, in reading you need to pay attention to ALL of the words and don't be selective. Now explain the text that you made reference to, it follows.

"No one has gone up to heaven EXCEPT the Son of Man, who came down from there"
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand what a figure of speech is? Do you understand how great literature is written? The Tanakh is some of the greatest written literature of all time.
HughBe---Have Jews ALWAYS believed that God is not in the sky?

Eric--Do you understand what a figure of speech is? Do you understand how great literature is written? The Tanakh is some of the greatest written literature of all time.

HughBe--- YOU have NOT answered my simple question? Why? Is it an inability on your part to understand the words?

I don't understand what a figure of speech is, so tell me and then link it to my question i.e.Have Jews ALWAYS believed that God is not in the sky?

I know nothing about literature and it was my understanding that the matter under consideration is NOT artistic works but HISTORICAL facts.

Perhaps you are saying that the ancient prophets, scribes and Jewish people FABRICATED the matter under consideration and that it has no historical TRUTH and reality.

Is such an approach based on your current experience?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Have people believed Hughbe was anything but a dolt?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

IS TANAKH GREAT LITERATURE?

The very question makes me laugh.

Can a war manual and a book of sorcery like the Tanakh ever be called great literature?

How can the Tanakh be ranked among the greatest literature ever written when it lacks poetry and above all when its pages are chock-full of murder, genocide, human sacrifices, animal offerings, cannibalism, abuses, curses, threats, stoning gays and disobedient sons to death, bashing babies against walls, incest, rape of female slaves, drunkenness, war, cruelty and other forms of barbarism?

It's only a man of great evil who can suggest that the Tanakh is a book of great literature.

Reading Tanakh on a regular basis can get the reader possessed by the demonic being(s) whose adverse forces radiate from the savage writings or can convert him into a fanatic with an inhuman and a terrorist mindset.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
Have people believed Hughbe was anything but a dolt?
Intelligence thinks that I am your true friend.

Intelligence KNOWS that I am RIGHT in the things that I say.

Intelligence thinks that I am amusing, at times.

So tell me why someone like you would think differently.

Much love, MON.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

In crucial ways, Tanakh is not a historical work since:

1)The historicity of most of its prophets cannot be established

2) Adam-Eve story is a fable

3) Global flood is a fairy tale

4) Exodus is a lie

5) Some G-d appearing to a prophet in a bush of fire is a hallucination

6) Account of creation is a superstition

etc etc etc

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

"No one has gone up to heaven EXCEPT the Son of Man, who came down from there".
What is heaven? Where is it? How many heavens exist? What is their basal constitution? How are they connected with mind and matter? How does one get there or come down from there?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
IS TANAKH GREAT LITERATURE?
The very question makes me laugh.
Can a war manual and a book of sorcery like the Tanakh ever be called great literature?
How can the Tanakh be ranked among the greatest literature ever written when it lacks poetry and above all when its pages are chock-full of murder, genocide, human sacrifices, animal offerings, cannibalism, abuses, curses, threats, stoning gays and disobedient sons to death, bashing babies against walls, incest, rape of female slaves, drunkenness, war, cruelty and other forms of barbarism?
It's only a man of great evil who can suggest that the Tanakh is a book of great literature.
Reading Tanakh on a regular basis can get the reader possessed by the demonic being(s) whose adverse forces radiate from the savage writings or can convert him into a fanatic with an inhuman and a terrorist mindset.
Joel---IS TANAKH GREAT LITERATURE?

Hugh--- I would say NO in the strictest of sense. It is largely HISTORICAL in nature. Perhaps Eric regards it as literature or CREATIVE work based on what he sees around him.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Sooner or later, I shall be typing a piece on Zionism to put things in the correct perspective.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
What is heaven? Where is it? How many heavens exist? What is their basal constitution? How are they connected with mind and matter? How does one get there or come down from there?
Guru, I await your insight.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

HIGHLIGHT:

How can the Tanakh be ranked among the greatest literature ever written when it lacks poetry and above all when its pages are chock-full with murder, genocide, human sacrifices, animal offerings, cannibalism, abuses, curses, threats, stoning gays and disobedient sons to death, bashing babies against walls, incest, rape of female slaves, drunkenness, war, cruelty and other forms of barbarism?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Guru, I await your insight.
Aside from being unable to define heaven(s), you're incapable of defining soul, self, absolute, life-force, subconscient, subliminal, superconscient, ego and paranormal among others.

Anyway, it doesn't matter.

Just be good and do good and employ your resources in a constructive manner.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Aside from being unable to define heaven(s), you're incapable of defining soul, self, absolute, life-force, subconscient, subliminal, superconscient, ego and paranormal among others.
Anyway, it doesn't matter.
Just be good and do good and employ your resources in a constructive manner.
Thanks master and if you are so moved by the infinite kindness within you I would still appreciate getting the insight that you are capable of giving me.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Intelligent people dont waste their time online ranting against another religion

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Humane and intelligent Jews have dumped G-d, Tanakh, human sacrifices, animal sacrifices, incest, sorcery, mumbo jumbo rituals like shabbath, murder, stoning to death, wars, tribalism, Zionism, messianism and rivalry with other communities among other great evils and have adopted a secular, rational and humanist path, or have turned to the benign teachings of say Buddhism or if in possession of the higher capacity may make forays into the objective and/or subjective investigation of mind-matter.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
Intelligent people dont waste their time online ranting against another religion
I look forward to your cessation.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Humane and intelligent Jews have dumped G-d, Tanakh, human sacrifices, animal sacrifices, incest, sorcery, mumbo jumbo rituals like shabbath, murder, stoning to death, wars, tribalism, Zionism, messianism and rivalry with other communities among other great evils and have adopted a secular, rational and humanist path, or have turned to the benign teachings of say Buddhism or if in possession of the higher capacity may make forays into the objective and/or subjective investigation of mind-matter.
"Humane and intelligent Jews have dumped" Judaism.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monterey Discussions

Search the Monterey Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr The Troll Stopper 200,561
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 hr Bee Keepers 4,977
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 7 hr facts faced 15,929
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) 9 hr whatisyourneed 1,512
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon Mudflys to 7,901
No Kids Allowed: Babies Effectively Banned at C... Sun g 2
Hotel room tax hike up to Capitola voters Aug 13 Donny B 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••