Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,188
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#58017 Sep 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Have people believed Hughbe was anything but a dolt?
Intelligence thinks that I am your true friend.

Intelligence KNOWS that I am RIGHT in the things that I say.

Intelligence thinks that I am amusing, at times.

So tell me why someone like you would think differently.

Much love, MON.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#58018 Sep 10, 2013
In crucial ways, Tanakh is not a historical work since:

1)The historicity of most of its prophets cannot be established

2) Adam-Eve story is a fable

3) Global flood is a fairy tale

4) Exodus is a lie

5) Some G-d appearing to a prophet in a bush of fire is a hallucination

6) Account of creation is a superstition

etc etc etc

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#58019 Sep 10, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

"No one has gone up to heaven EXCEPT the Son of Man, who came down from there".
What is heaven? Where is it? How many heavens exist? What is their basal constitution? How are they connected with mind and matter? How does one get there or come down from there?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#58020 Sep 10, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
IS TANAKH GREAT LITERATURE?
The very question makes me laugh.
Can a war manual and a book of sorcery like the Tanakh ever be called great literature?
How can the Tanakh be ranked among the greatest literature ever written when it lacks poetry and above all when its pages are chock-full of murder, genocide, human sacrifices, animal offerings, cannibalism, abuses, curses, threats, stoning gays and disobedient sons to death, bashing babies against walls, incest, rape of female slaves, drunkenness, war, cruelty and other forms of barbarism?
It's only a man of great evil who can suggest that the Tanakh is a book of great literature.
Reading Tanakh on a regular basis can get the reader possessed by the demonic being(s) whose adverse forces radiate from the savage writings or can convert him into a fanatic with an inhuman and a terrorist mindset.
Joel---IS TANAKH GREAT LITERATURE?

Hugh--- I would say NO in the strictest of sense. It is largely HISTORICAL in nature. Perhaps Eric regards it as literature or CREATIVE work based on what he sees around him.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#58021 Sep 10, 2013
Sooner or later, I shall be typing a piece on Zionism to put things in the correct perspective.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#58022 Sep 10, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
What is heaven? Where is it? How many heavens exist? What is their basal constitution? How are they connected with mind and matter? How does one get there or come down from there?
Guru, I await your insight.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#58023 Sep 10, 2013
HIGHLIGHT:

How can the Tanakh be ranked among the greatest literature ever written when it lacks poetry and above all when its pages are chock-full with murder, genocide, human sacrifices, animal offerings, cannibalism, abuses, curses, threats, stoning gays and disobedient sons to death, bashing babies against walls, incest, rape of female slaves, drunkenness, war, cruelty and other forms of barbarism?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#58024 Sep 10, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Guru, I await your insight.
Aside from being unable to define heaven(s), you're incapable of defining soul, self, absolute, life-force, subconscient, subliminal, superconscient, ego and paranormal among others.

Anyway, it doesn't matter.

Just be good and do good and employ your resources in a constructive manner.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#58025 Sep 10, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Aside from being unable to define heaven(s), you're incapable of defining soul, self, absolute, life-force, subconscient, subliminal, superconscient, ego and paranormal among others.
Anyway, it doesn't matter.
Just be good and do good and employ your resources in a constructive manner.
Thanks master and if you are so moved by the infinite kindness within you I would still appreciate getting the insight that you are capable of giving me.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#58026 Sep 10, 2013
Intelligent people dont waste their time online ranting against another religion

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#58027 Sep 10, 2013
Humane and intelligent Jews have dumped G-d, Tanakh, human sacrifices, animal sacrifices, incest, sorcery, mumbo jumbo rituals like shabbath, murder, stoning to death, wars, tribalism, Zionism, messianism and rivalry with other communities among other great evils and have adopted a secular, rational and humanist path, or have turned to the benign teachings of say Buddhism or if in possession of the higher capacity may make forays into the objective and/or subjective investigation of mind-matter.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#58028 Sep 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Intelligent people dont waste their time online ranting against another religion
I look forward to your cessation.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#58029 Sep 10, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Humane and intelligent Jews have dumped G-d, Tanakh, human sacrifices, animal sacrifices, incest, sorcery, mumbo jumbo rituals like shabbath, murder, stoning to death, wars, tribalism, Zionism, messianism and rivalry with other communities among other great evils and have adopted a secular, rational and humanist path, or have turned to the benign teachings of say Buddhism or if in possession of the higher capacity may make forays into the objective and/or subjective investigation of mind-matter.
"Humane and intelligent Jews have dumped" Judaism.
Eric

Aurora, IL

#58030 Sep 10, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Joel---IS TANAKH GREAT LITERATURE?
Hugh--- I would say NO in the strictest of sense. It is largely HISTORICAL in nature. Perhaps Eric regards it as literature or CREATIVE work based on what he sees around him.
Historical works cannot be great literature? Who says so? The creative facet is the manner of expression. The way the words are put together. The choice of words. G-d was a really great author for the first 5 books. David for Psalms. Solomon for the Song of Song. etc. Look at how much has been turned into songs. Think of the poetry. Hugh, you need to expand your horizons.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#58031 Sep 10, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Humane and intelligent Jews have dumped G-d, Tanakh, human sacrifices, animal sacrifices, incest, sorcery, mumbo jumbo rituals like shabbath, murder, stoning to death, wars, tribalism, Zionism, messianism and rivalry with other communities among other great evils and have adopted a secular, rational and humanist path, or have turned to the benign teachings of say Buddhism or if in possession of the higher capacity may make forays into the objective and/or subjective investigation of mind-matter.
rabbee: so?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#58032 Sep 11, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligence thinks that I am your true friend.
Intelligence KNOWS that I am RIGHT in the things that I say.
Intelligence thinks that I am amusing, at times.
So tell me why someone like you would think differently.
Much love, MON.
Intelligent people dont waste their time online ranting against "Rabbis" especially when they have never met an actual observant Jew in their life. You have issues.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#58033 Sep 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Historical works cannot be great literature? Who says so? The creative facet is the manner of expression. The way the words are put together. The choice of words. G-d was a really great author for the first 5 books. David for Psalms. Solomon for the Song of Song. etc. Look at how much has been turned into songs. Think of the poetry. Hugh, you need to expand your horizons.
Its that lack of education thing again. Jamaican educational system.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#58034 Sep 11, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Humane and intelligent Jews have dumped G-d, Tanakh, human sacrifices, animal sacrifices, incest, sorcery, mumbo jumbo rituals like shabbath, murder, stoning to death, wars, tribalism, Zionism, messianism and rivalry with other communities among other great evils and have adopted a secular, rational and humanist path, or have turned to the benign teachings of say Buddhism or if in possession of the higher capacity may make forays into the objective and/or subjective investigation of mind-matter.
Ever consider a career in child care?

Size matters? Testicle size linked to nurturing
Men with smaller testicles are more involved in bringing up their children, a study finds.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
Eric

Roselle, IL

#58035 Sep 11, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Its that lack of education thing again. Jamaican educational system.
I thought it was because his dreds kept getting in the way.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#58036 Sep 11, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever consider a career in child care?
Size matters? Testicle size linked to nurturing
Men with smaller testicles are more involved in bringing up their children, a study finds.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
maybe this is gfc's calling instead of soccer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Tue Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
the music thread (Apr '12) Dec 2 Musikologist 18
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:30 am PST