Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,028
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#56560 Aug 8, 2013
The word American signifies an ethno-religious type i.e. white and Christian.

The word British signifies an ethno-religious type i.e. white and Christian.

The word Swedish signifies an ethno-religious type i.e. very white and Christian.

Later, girls

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#56561 Aug 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
FOCUS son and discredit the LIE of your clansman.
Earth calling Hughbe, Earth calling Hughbe...

Darwin was not Jewish

Location hidden

#56562 Aug 8, 2013
No need to communicate further with a lunatic, thank you.

Location hidden

#56563 Aug 8, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
The word Jew signifies an ethno-religious type.
Hughbe does not ever admit that the word ethno-religious has meaning.Its a threat to his self-concept apparently. We have been down THAT road too many times, mainly with Former Res
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#56564 Aug 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Earth calling Hughbe, Earth calling Hughbe...
Darwin was not Jewish
Your clansman said that Darwin was. Now tell me if he was lying or being deceptive and then explain his words which follow.

"the classroom(Jewish)featured pictures of our top-three historical figures: Abraham, Moses and Darwin"

Did you have the same experience as the writer?

How comes YOU don't know that it is commonly accepted in the TRIBE that Darwin is Jewish? Explain, your IGNORANCE.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#56565 Aug 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Hughbe does not ever admit that the word ethno-religious has meaning.Its a threat to his self-concept apparently. We have been down THAT road too many times, mainly with Former Res
The word ethno-religious is a THREAT to the LIES that you and your rabbis promote. Any honest person with very basic knowledge of the Jewish people know that they PREDATED "Judaism".

Simplifying it for you, Israel and his SEED existed and lived long before "Judaism". The name Israel did NOT come about because of RELIGIOUS OBSERVANCE.

Again the God given name Israel did NOT come about because of RELIGIOUS OBSERVANCE. This is common knowledge among those with BASIC intelligence and integrity.

In other words RELIGIOUS OBSERVANCE does not account for the IDENTITY of the children of Israel.

Israel of old and present have NEVER obeyed the commandments of God and yet God has REPEATEDLY called them ISRAEL even when the SACRIFICED their children to IDOLS.

Have you ever read the Tanach? Clearly not or you are just being a self-deceiving fool.

Not even one of your rabbis obey the Tanach. Any who make a claim of obedience is a LIAR and there is absolutely no good in him.

Finally, if YOU reject the concept of God YOU are NOT religious. If I reject all gods I am NOT religious. The nearly 50% of Jews who REJECT God are NOT religious.

The label of ethno-religious is NOT applicable and cannot be HONESTLY applied to any sub-group who reject RELIGION. Any JACKASS knows this axiom.

Location hidden

#56566 Aug 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Your clansman said that Darwin was. Now tell me if he was lying or being deceptive and then explain his words which follow.
"the classroom(Jewish)featured pictures of our top-three historical figures: Abraham, Moses and Darwin"
Did you have the same experience as the writer?
How comes YOU don't know that it is commonly accepted in the TRIBE that Darwin is Jewish? Explain, your IGNORANCE.
It was satire, you oaf

why are you so dense

Location hidden

#56567 Aug 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
The word ethno-religious is a THREAT to the LIES....
no need to go any further.

Location hidden

#56568 Aug 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientific American mocks claims that Darwin was Jewish

By Cnaan Liphshiz January 11, 2013 10:54am
(JTA)—

Scientific American magazine satirized claims in a Turkish children’s book that Charles Darwin was Jewish.

The Jan. 8 article was written in response to reports in October about a series of books aimed at Turkish schoolchildren that describe Darwin as a hook-nosed Jew who kept the company of monkeys.

The books sparked outrage in Turkey and protests from Turkish teachers. The Istanbul-area school district that distributed the books later claimed it was not aware of their content.
In the online article, Steve Mirsky writes that the "Judaic background" of Darwin, who studied to be a priest at Cambridge’s Christ’s College, is "common knowledge in the Jewish community" but "seems to be a shock to many non-Jews.”

Mirsky added that this background influenced the writing of Darwin, who first described biological evolution through natural selection with scientific rigor in his book "On the Origin of Species."

The manuscript, Mirsky wrote, was originally titled "L’Chaim: The Whole Megillah."

The official website of Darwin Day, an international organization that celebrates Darwin’s heritage, says his parents are buried at Montford Parish Church. His mother belonged to the Christian Unitarian theological stream and took him as a young child with her to the Unitarian Church.
Darwin, who died in 1882 at the age of 73, was married to Emma Darwin, a devout Christian.

Read more: http://www.jta.org/2013/01/11/news-opinion/un...

Location hidden

#56569 Aug 8, 2013
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...

"........We learned how Darwin received a fantastic bar mitzvah gift of a five-year ocean cruise on the HMS Beagle. I got savings bonds...."

".....But Darwin's original version, written on cocktail napkins during meetings of the Shrewsbury Beth Israel synagogue's building committee, reads:“Don't get me started on Fitzroy and his meshuggaas. This meshuggener had a bed with only a wrong side because that's what he always woke up on. Always looking for tsuris. What a schmuck.”...."

".....The original writing, scratched out on sheets listing the ship's leisure activities, reads:“I listened to Lawson's whole spiel, and he says if you show him a turtle, abracadabra, he'll tell you its shtetl. I buy it.”...."

".....Darwin concludes:“Such nachas I get when I wander around and look at turtles and birds, let me tell you. It is not a waste of time that could be spent doing something more productive. What, you think I schlepped up mountains in South America glomming insects for my health? And so the planet spins no matter what plans you had for it, big shot. And you start with a few things that are maybe a little mieskeit, but then, be patient. What, you have somewhere to be? So you wait until genug iz genug, and, guess what, you wind up with new things, some of which are really nice, with a shayna punim. Why that should be a problem, I don't know.”..."

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#56570 Aug 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
It was satire, you oaf
why are you so dense
LOL!

What else would you expect from a Bible literalist? Satire, parody, metaphore and allegory do not compute.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#56571 Aug 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientific American mocks claims that Darwin was Jewish
By Cnaan Liphshiz January 11, 2013 10:54am
(JTA)—
Scientific American magazine satirized claims in a Turkish children’s book that Charles Darwin was Jewish.
The Jan. 8 article was written in response to reports in October about a series of books aimed at Turkish schoolchildren that describe Darwin as a hook-nosed Jew who kept the company of monkeys.
The books sparked outrage in Turkey and protests from Turkish teachers. The Istanbul-area school district that distributed the books later claimed it was not aware of their content.
In the online article, Steve Mirsky writes that the "Judaic background" of Darwin, who studied to be a priest at Cambridge’s Christ’s College, is "common knowledge in the Jewish community" but "seems to be a shock to many non-Jews.”
Mirsky added that this background influenced the writing of Darwin, who first described biological evolution through natural selection with scientific rigor in his book "On the Origin of Species."
The manuscript, Mirsky wrote, was originally titled "L’Chaim: The Whole Megillah."
The official website of Darwin Day, an international organization that celebrates Darwin’s heritage, says his parents are buried at Montford Parish Church. His mother belonged to the Christian Unitarian theological stream and took him as a young child with her to the Unitarian Church.
Darwin, who died in 1882 at the age of 73, was married to Emma Darwin, a devout Christian.
Read more: http://www.jta.org/2013/01/11/news-opinion/un...
1. Was there a claim that Darwin was Jewish?
2. Why have you not explained the text rather than ejaculate?
3. Are you saying that there are no Jewish writings that claim that Darwin had a Judaic background?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#56572 Aug 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
http://www.scientificamerican. com/article.cfm?id=why-is-this -darwin-different-from-all-oth er-darwins
"........We learned how Darwin received a fantastic bar mitzvah gift of a five-year ocean cruise on the HMS Beagle. I got savings bonds...."
".....But Darwin's original version, written on cocktail napkins during meetings of the Shrewsbury Beth Israel synagogue's building committee, reads:“Don't get me started on Fitzroy and his meshuggaas. This meshuggener had a bed with only a wrong side because that's what he always woke up on. Always looking for tsuris. What a schmuck.”...."
".....The original writing, scratched out on sheets listing the ship's leisure activities, reads:“I listened to Lawson's whole spiel, and he says if you show him a turtle, abracadabra, he'll tell you its shtetl. I buy it.”...."
".....Darwin concludes:“Such nachas I get when I wander around and look at turtles and birds, let me tell you. It is not a waste of time that could be spent doing something more productive. What, you think I schlepped up mountains in South America glomming insects for my health? And so the planet spins no matter what plans you had for it, big shot. And you start with a few things that are maybe a little mieskeit, but then, be patient. What, you have somewhere to be? So you wait until genug iz genug, and, guess what, you wind up with new things, some of which are really nice, with a shayna punim. Why that should be a problem, I don't know.”..."
Explain the following quote and its context.

"Darwin's ORIGINAL version, written on cocktail napkins during MEETINGS of the Shrewsbury Beth Israel SYNAGOGUE'S building committee,"

Tell me, what is a "Beth Israel SYNAGOGUE'S building committee," meeting? Is it a Jewish meeting?

What was Darwin doing at such a meeting?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#56573 Aug 8, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
What else would you expect from a Bible literalist? Satire, parody, metaphore and allegory do not compute.
I am not surprised by your words but for your information I use them all the time right here on this forum.
MUQ

Lucknow, India

#56574 Aug 8, 2013
Jew is not name of a religion, but a race of people, most of whom claim that they are descendent of Prophet Abraham thru Isaac and Jacob.

Most of them are supposed to follow the laws of Moses...

But a Jew remains a Jew, even if he or she becomes a Christian or remains an Atheist, or Communist or even a member of Nazi PArty!!

They are just like Hindus, which is also a ethnic group.

Location hidden

#56575 Aug 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Was there a claim that Darwin was Jewish?
2. Why have you not explained the text rather than ejaculate?
3. Are you saying that there are no Jewish writings that claim that Darwin had a Judaic background?
Oaf.

read the article yourself

Location hidden

#56576 Aug 8, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Anybody else I would think they were yanking OUR chain

But given the source.....

What do you expect? He is a product of the Jamaican educational system.

Location hidden

#56578 Aug 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not surprised by your words but for your information I use them all the time right here on this forum.
I have no doubt that you use the words but it seems that you don't understand when they are being employed. How is it that you cannot understand that bit about Darwin being satire? Why is it that you carry-on as if it were to be taken seriously?

Location hidden

#56579 Aug 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody else I would think they were yanking OUR chain
But given the source.....
What do you expect? He is a product of the Jamaican educational system.
Hugh has never been one to admit his mistakes. The more he digs in the more foolish he makes himself out to be.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#56580 Aug 8, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Hugh has never been one to admit his mistakes. The more he digs in the more foolish he makes himself out to be.
If I am wrong I am wrong and I am not afraid to say so. History says that I have admitted my mistakes on this very forum.

Now, the truth is I did not read the complete article, I read parts of it. The fact is an assertion was made about Darwin being Jewish and that was my focus.

So, I started out by asking if you and others would disagree with the 3 most important Jewish historical personalities. Recall them, Moses, Abraham and Darwin.

You made some remark but did not address the point while Frijoles dodged the simple question. He read the article and then sought to show how much of an oaf I am, in his simple mind. Had my simple question been answered we would have gone in the direction that I wanted to go.

I have asked Frijoles if there are any Jewish source that speaks to the Jewish background of Darwin but the question is too complex for him to answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 17 savvylocal 245
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep 21 fancy 3
Dennis W (Veeser) from Krakow Wi. Sep '14 Mia 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs