Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,494
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#55217 Jun 21, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrases_from_The... 's_Guide_to_the_Galaxy#Answer_ to_the_Ultimate_Question_of_Li fe.2C_the_Universe.2C_and_Ever ything_.2842.29

Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything (42)[edit]

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything.

In the first novel and radio series, a group of hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings demand to learn the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything from the supercomputer, Deep Thought, specially built for this purpose. It takes Deep Thought 7˝ million years to compute and check the answer, which turns out to be 42.

Deep Thought points out that the answer seems meaningless because the beings who instructed it never actually knew what the Question was.

When asked to produce The Ultimate Question, Deep Thought says that it cannot; however, it can help to design an even more powerful computer that can.

This new computer will incorporate living beings into the "computational matrix" and will run for ten million years. It is revealed as being the planet Earth, with its pan-dimensional creators assuming the form of mice to observe its running. The process is hindered after eight million years by the unexpected arrival on Earth of the Golgafrinchans and then is ruined completely, five minutes before completion, when the Earth is destroyed by the Vogons to make way for a new Hyperspace Bypass.

In The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, this is revealed to have been a ruse: the Vogons had been hired to destroy the Earth by a consortium of psychiatrists, led by Gag Halfrunt, who feared for the loss of their careers when the meaning of life became known.[1]

Lacking a real question, the mice decide not to go through the whole thing again and settle for the out-of-thin-air suggestion "How many roads must a man walk down?" from Bob Dylan's song "Blowin' in the Wind".

At the end of the radio series, the television series and the novel The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, Arthur Dent, having escaped the Earth's destruction, potentially has some of the computational matrix in his brain. He attempts to discover The Ultimate Question by extracting it from his brainwave patterns, as abusively[2] suggested by Ford Prefect, when a Scrabble-playing caveman spells out forty two. Arthur pulls random letters from a bag, but only gets the sentence "What do you get if you multiply six by nine?"

"Six by nine. Forty two."
"That's it. That's all there is."

"I always thought something was fundamentally wrong with the universe"[1]

Six times nine is actually fifty-four. The program on the "Earth computer" should have run correctly, but the unexpected arrival of the Golgafrinchans on prehistoric Earth caused input errors into the system—computing (because of the garbage in, garbage out rule) the wrong question—the question in Arthur's subconscious being invalid all along.[1]
former res

Cheshire, CT

#55218 Jun 21, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Huggy - Instead it [gayness] has to do with a CORRUPTED mind.
Former---That sounds ugly and hateful. Is that they way you are?
HughBe--- Strange comment. I find nothing UGLY with being white and NO, I am not white.
I was obviously referring to the "corrupted mind" comment.

You do enjoy your silly games, much like a child.
HughBe wrote:
Former---I never said it had to do with genes but it might.
HughBe--- So what is your flocking point? Being white is not a choice it is determined by GENES. Any form of sex has to do with choice unless you are a PSYCHOTIC.
Psychosis is detachment from reality which is the definition of one who thinks being gay is a choice when clearly (like being straight) it is not. So that makes you psychotic.
HughBe wrote:
Former--- Experts disagree but it is clearly not a choice, except maybe in prison but then it is not who they are but simply what they are doing at the time. As in "any old port in a storm."
HughBe--- It is clear only to those with an UNCLEAN agenda and desire.
It is clear to anyone with brain who does their own thinking and doesn't accept words, rules, laws, truths written by old men thousands of years ago.
HughBe wrote:
Former---These words were written by men you fool.
HughBe--- Listen well ANUS, do you understand the difference between a scribe and an author? Tell me the difference.
Sure I do. But you have not one shred of evidence these words were dictated by your god almighty or that he ever did or does now exist. You are truly lost.
HughBe wrote:
Former---Judgmental, small-minded words from a 3rd world idiot.
HughBe--- My guess is that it makes you feel superior to call me 3rd world. In my mind there is one world and there are Flockers like you everywhere. On the other hand, if you were not as STUPID you would have known that even in your neck of the hole there are people who share my views. So 3rd world is irrelevant.
You are correct. Idiots can live anywhere.

I shouldn't have blamed it on your geography.

Is where you were born a choice or an accident of birth?

Were you created in Jamaica?
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- Speaking about DUMMY. The language is above your head. I did not call homosexuality a disease. I have been speaking about things that are determined by genes e.g. RACE/white and this is NOT a disease. I then spoke about diabetes to underscore the role of genes.
Oh, ok. It sure sound like you were comparing homosexuality with a disease. I stand corrected.
HughBe wrote:
Recall, homosexuality was classified as a PSYCHIATRIC disorder/DISEASE and I believe that the initial classification was and is correct.
I believe that changed over 40 years ago.

Is it ok if we evolve and learn as we go?

We also used to burn witches and hang black people from trees.

Was that also correct?
HughBe wrote:
Former---If not, who did. Your mom?
HughBe--- I was not created.
You did not exist one day and then you did.

You were created.

Why do you play games? What is your point?

Do you even know?

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#55219 Jun 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you ever read Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy?
They made the movie in to a BOOK?!

Location hidden

#55220 Jun 21, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
They made the movie in to a BOOK?!
Next thing we know they are going permit dancing as well.

Location hidden

#55221 Jun 21, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are speaking of the streams of the Mensa members, perhaps you are the bathroom attendant at the Mensa clubhouse.
I'm ready for a clean towel now and a little splash of Old Spice please. Thank you.
I dont think Huggy would qualify (yet) since he would have to take the American exams. His educational system is based on the British exam model.

I wonder if they have a "special" Mensa just for "special" Jamaicans.

Location hidden

#55222 Jun 21, 2013
Huggy could discuss his intellectual theories of homosexuality with his Mensa brethern. I am sure it would be well received.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#55223 Jun 21, 2013
former res wrote:
Sure I do. But you have not one shred of evidence these words were dictated by your god almighty or that he ever did or does now exist. You are truly lost.
He does have evidence (assuming you accept circular logic as evidence).

Believer: The bible is the true, inerrant word or God!

Skeptic: How do you know The bible is the true, inerrant word or God?

Believer: Because the bible says it is.

Skeptic: <facepalm> http://tinyurl.com/nayo3q9
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#55224 Jun 21, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are speaking of the streams of the Mensa members, perhaps you are the bathroom attendant at the Mensa clubhouse.
I'm ready for a clean towel now and a little splash of Old Spice please. Thank you.
Frijoles---You crack me up
You REALLY think that Mensa people are more sophisticated?
Hint- FR, COR and I all qualify to be members. And I suspect so does Rick Moss.

Former---You forgot Huggybear.
Or maybe not

HughBe--- Correct, Former. He is speaking about the lower stream of Mensa. Keep in mind that when you look up you are able to see me in the higher/top stream.

Former---If you are speaking of the streams of the Mensa members, perhaps you are the bathroom attendant at the Mensa clubhouse.

HughBe--- Are you really saying that one stream of Mensa is "bathroom attendant"? Yes you are and so I am not surprised that at best you are at the LOWEST stream.

Also, why the "if you are speaking.."? My words are clear to even the simple here.

I am a bathroom attendant but not in a Mensa stream and if I were of that stream I know that I would have a very busy work life due mainly to your nasty ways.

Why do YOU persist in washing your hands and face in the TOILET?

Why do you excrete on the floor and not the toilet?

Keep in mind that the toilet is not a fountain for you to wash and to REFRESH yourself.

Former---I'm ready for a clean towel now and a little splash of Old Spice please. Thank you.

HughBe--- Had you use the facility correctly you would neither need a TOWEL nor expect one cheap steak.

Desist from doing more than numbers 1 & 2 and the washing of hands. These are the things that normal people do.

Much love, dearest Hugh.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#55225 Jun 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think Huggy would qualify (yet) since he would have to take the American exams. His educational system is based on the British exam model.
I wonder if they have a "special" Mensa just for "special" Jamaicans.
Observation, the British educational system is far superior to the American system.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#55226 Jun 21, 2013
Huggy - Instead it [gayness] has to do with a CORRUPTED mind.

Former---That sounds ugly and hateful. Is that they way you are?

HughBe--- Strange comment. I find nothing UGLY with being white and NO, I am not white.

Former--I was obviously referring to the "corrupted mind" comment.

HughBe--- Son, MOST of my words were about GENES and being WHITE. Focus and be specific when you write.

Former---You do enjoy your silly games, much like a child.

HughBe--- Yes and what is the problem?

Former---I never said it had to do with genes but it might.

HughBe--- Being white is not a choice it is determined by GENES. Any form of sex has to do with choice unless you are a PSYCHOTIC.

Former---Psychosis is detachment from reality which is the definition of one who thinks being gay is a choice when clearly (like being straight) it is not.

HughBe--- You are correct that being gay is NOT a choice as no one chooses to be mentally ill.

Former--- Experts disagree but it is clearly not a choice, except maybe in prison but then it is not who they are but simply what they are doing at the time. As in "any old port in a storm."

HughBe--- It is clear only to those with an UNCLEAN agenda and desire.

Former--It is clear to anyone with brain who does their own thinking and doesn't accept words, rules, laws, truths written by old men thousands of years ago.

HughBe-- I see that "old men" have no use to you, I wonder why? No doubt young men are valued, by you.

Former---These words were written by men you fool.

HughBe--- Listen well ANUS, do you understand the difference between a scribe and an author? Tell me the difference.

Former--Sure I do. But you have not one shred of evidence these words were dictated by your god almighty or that he ever did or does now exist. You are truly lost.

HughBe --- I am still waiting for the difference.

Former---Judgmental, small-minded words from a 3rd world idiot.

HughBe--- My guess is that it makes you feel superior to call me 3rd world. In my mind there is one world and there are Flockers like you everywhere. On the other hand, if you were not as STUPID you would have known that even in your neck of the hole there are people who share my views. So 3rd world is irrelevant.

Former---You are CORRECT. Idiots can live anywhere.

HughBe--- The most intelligent thing that you have spoken so far.

Former--I shouldn't have blamed it on your geography.

HughBe--- 3rd world has nothing to do with geography it is political and in my mind it is racial

Former--Is where you were born a choice or an accident of birth?

HughBe--- Intelligent.

Former---Were you created in Jamaica?

HughBe--- No.

HughBe--- Speaking about DUMMY. The language is above your head. I did not call homosexuality a disease. I have been speaking about things that are determined by genes e.g. RACE/white and this is NOT a disease. I then spoke about diabetes to underscore the role of genes.

Former--Oh, ok. It sure sound like you were comparing homosexuality with a disease. I stand CORRECTED.

HughBe--- Stop listening to those sounds.

HughBe--Recall, homosexuality was classified as a PSYCHIATRIC disorder/DISEASE and I believe that the initial classification was and is correct.

Former---I believe that changed over 40 years ago.

HughBe--- But not the disease.

Former--Is it ok if we evolve and learn as we go?

HughBe--- Only if TRUE.

Former---We also used to burn witches and hang black people from trees.

HughBe--- Did WE burn blacks in Africa or India?

Former--Was that also correct?

HughBe--- Evil is NEVER correct. Had You and your progenitors clothed the black men you would never have felt so inadequate and acted out of MALICE and ENVY.

Former---If not, who did. Your mom?

HughBe--- I was not created.

Former--You did not exist one day and then you did.

You were created.

HughBe--- Tell me what is your private definition of creation.

Former---Why do you play games? What is your point?

HughBe--- They keep me Gay.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#55227 Jun 21, 2013
later "girls"
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#55228 Jun 21, 2013

Location hidden

#55229 Jun 21, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Observation, the British educational system is far superior to the American system.
For all we know, on a large scale that might be true. But with the sample size of one here, I am far from impressed with what you parade around as reasoning.

Location hidden

#55230 Jun 21, 2013
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- Evil is NEVER correct. Had You and your progenitors clothed the black men you would never have felt so inadequate and acted out of MALICE and ENVY.
Thank you for once again providing example of why your reasoning is substandard.

Kindly explain how in retrospect hanging black men from trees is evil, but labeling homosexuality as a disease is not.

note the word "explain". Bible babbling is not considered a reasonable use of intelligence.
JOEL

India

#55231 Jun 21, 2013
MUSINGS : HANGING BLACKS, CENSURING HOMOSEXUALITY & STONING GAYS TO DEATH AS PRACTICED BY THE ANCIENT HEBREWS:

1) Hanging black men from trees on account of their skin color is evil as it extends to the actual physical act - hanging a black man till he dies.

2) Labelling homosexuality a "disease" is a case of miseducation - it's simply a misinformed opinion expressed by a nincompoop when clearly homosexuality is a genetic condition or it could be said that it owes much to genes (inborn instincts).

3) Stoning homosexuals to death as practiced by the ancient Hebrews is an act of evil (like hanging black men from trees) since the censure does not stop short at a verbal condemnation of homosexuality but proceeds with the death penalty via stoning which reveals that the perpetrators of the heinous crime were ignorant of the genetic roots of homosexuality and it also shows they failed to condemn man-woman anal sex which is equally harmful as man-man anal sex to the spinal nerve currents leading to the brain.

CONCLUSION: Dear Hugh is simply following the ignorant injunctions of the Tanakh when it comes to condemning homosexuality but fortunately Hugh has more decency and a little more intelligence than those ancient Hebrews since he does not recommend the death penalty (stoning gayas to death) nor does he murder gays.

(smiles)
JOEL

India

#55232 Jun 21, 2013
Arch foes, Hugh and Frijoles, need to make up by making out with a torrid "lip-lock".

(wink wink wink)

Location hidden

#55233 Jun 21, 2013
JOEL wrote:
CONCLUSION: Dear Hugh is simply following ....
Really, that is all you needed to say on the issue

and it surely isnt Mensa behavior either.
JOEL

India

#55234 Jun 21, 2013
Wow! Hugh and Frijoles are smooching each other and will soon retire to the shower after stripping down to the skin. Toughie Hugh will play the role of the dominant gay, while girlish Frijoles will bend over. LOL.

Location hidden

#55235 Jun 21, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Arch foes, Hugh and Frijoles, need to make up by making out with a torrid "lip-lock".
(wink wink wink)
Oh those study-buddy fantasies again.

Luckily for you, they don't usually stone your kind in Mumbai.
JOEL

India

#55236 Jun 21, 2013
Hot hot hot.

(smiles)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Tina Kauffman 16,009
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon El SupremoS 201,038
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sep 28 No Time for Tea 5,084
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 27 Bucketeers 7,965
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep 21 fancy 3
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,275
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Monterey Jobs

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]