Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,473)

Showing posts 49,441 - 49,460 of68,123
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
yehoshooah adam

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a schizophrenic that is a member, you should join you will be amongst like minded people.
rabbee: nah he is not obsessed enough, to be schizophrenic and too apathetic to be paranoid.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

MENSA is as childish as the SAT or GRE. Dunces may find these infantile tests "difficult" !(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Barbaric & damaging practices like kosher /halal slaughter of animals, prayers in public places , circumcision, human/animal sacrifices and incest should be outlawed.
JOEL

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:

<quoted text>

Do you deny exhibiting many of the qualities I listed out of someone who suffers from paranoid personality disorder?
Tall words coming from a PSEUDO-INTELLECTUAL with the IQ of a retard!

Unclassy retard! LMAO.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

A religion will welcome criticism, correction and meddling if and only if its teachings are rational and not irrational, universal and not tribal, evolutionary and not static and humane and not inhuman. In view of these exacting standards of evaluation , Judaism, Islam and Christianity are verifiably the filthiest cults that have enslaved humankind for millennia with the most harmful results, while Buddhism is inarguably the faith that's best suited to the regeneration or uplift of the human race.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it does.
Why do I need to participate in a religion (or any other activity) in order to know what the central beliefs are??
I know what Republicans believe and but I'm not one.
I know the basic beliefs of Christians are but I'm agnostic.
Being raised Catholic no doubt helps a bit.
You though it ironic that a "nonbeliever" was correcting the record re Christianity.
Why?
<quoted text>
Knowledge does not initiate corrections to the online encyclopedia - vigilance does. An active group of volunteer contributors and editors.
Wikipedia is a useful tool full of useful information.
Any encyclopedia is only a secondary or tertiary source of information. An aggregator if you will.
Former---I know the basic beliefs of Christians are but I'm agnostic.

HughBe---Please share them
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant people like us just naturally flock together. This is what I was saying to our Mediterranean friend.(We don't need a club, we have Topix.)
But I agree. Joining a club just so you can all say you're smart doesn't mean much or say much.
Growing up in G'ch, I've hung around with enough smartasses to last me a lifetime.
Former--Brilliant people like us just naturally flock together.

HUghBe---Perhaps it would be more accurate to insert HAPPY where brilliant is.

Former---This is what I was saying to our Mediterranean friend.

HughBe--- Based on your opening comment your Mediterranean friend is Brilliant.

Former--We don't need a club, we have Topix.

HughBe---I see clubs on Topix.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm....maybe because in cases of common sense they articulate better what we already know?
You lack ability to discern nuance in the conversations here.
STEFANO COLONNA--Wasn't it enough the word of an unbeliever to EXPLAIN what Christianity and Trinity is?

Frijoles---maybe because in cases of common sense they articulate better what we already know?

HughBe--- I have no doubt that you dear Frijoles have no problem when unbelievers EXPLAIN to you and your rabbis what Judaism is. After all, the unbeliever will "articulate better what we already know"
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Observation, if one is FOS s/he is just FOS regardless of RACE, nationality, religion etc.

FACTS do not change because they are inconvenient.

I would say that anyone making such a charge should support the claim.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, thanks for that. We always appreciate it when Xtians tell Jews how to be more Jewish.
Utter BS there is no such things as being more Jewish in the sense that YOU are speaking. A Jew is a Jew.

A seed of Israel is a seed of Israel

One does not practice to become "more black" or BLACKER. One is just BLACK. In like manner one is a Jew or not a Jew.

The religion called Judaism does NOT make anyone a SEED of Israel and does not place one into the any of the tribes of Israel.

Your tribe is based on PHYSICAL descent and NOT on religion. It is my hope that ALL simpletons e.g. rabbis realize that if one belongs to a TRIBE of Israel it means that s/he is an ISRAELITE.

The idea that Jews mean religion is a massive DECEPTION that has been promoted for a very long time.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that god made flawed beings on purpose?
Or was it a mistake he made?
These are the only two choices.
Gay people to you are not "normal" and they carry out sinful activity.
So why would god create such people with such a loathsome lifestyle?
The same god who created you, correct?
HughBe---Also, I know that being GAY in the way that I am makes me special. On the other hand being gay like you is now considered by your fellows as normal...

Former---Do you believe that god made flawed beings on purpose?

HughBe---God made nothing flawed. Why do you consider your ability to choose as a FLAW? Explain.

Former--Or was it a mistake he made?

HughBe--- Some will say that you were and are a mistake but be comforted God did not make you.

Former---These are the only two choices.

HughBe--- Only two choices based on your limitations. Again, why do you consider the ability to choose as a FLAW?

Former--Gay people to you are not "normal" and they carry out sinful activity.

HughBe--- NORMAL in what way? ALL straight people carry out sinful activities.

Former---So why would god create such people with such a loathsome lifestyle?

HughBe--- He wanted THINKERS and people who would of their own free will CHOOSE the good over the bad.

Former---The same god who created you, correct?

HughBe--- No god created me.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in luck today!
http://www.salon.com/2013/06/11/ball_ironing_...
"...Reportedly inspired by a joke George Clooney made during an interview —“I got [my balls] unwrinkled. It’s the newest thing in Hollywood, ball ironing,” he cracked to an Esquire reporter last January — a Santa Monica spa has started offering a service known as “tackle-tightening.” The 45-minute procedure uses lasers to correct discoloration and remove hair and wrinkles on the scrotum, making your balls look as shiny and new as a pair of Christmas ornaments..."
Frijoles---Kiss your tushie. And then fick off.

HughBe--- Go get another circumcision :D

Frijoles---You are in luck today!

HughBe--- Will you be getting your Male Laser Lift before or after the circumcision?

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

JOEL wrote:
A religion will welcome criticism, correction and meddling if and only if its teachings are rational and not irrational, universal and not tribal, evolutionary and not static and humane and not inhuman. In view of these exacting standards of evaluation , Judaism, Islam and Christianity are verifiably the filthiest cults that have enslaved humankind for millennia with the most harmful results, while Buddhism is inarguably the faith that's best suited to the regeneration or uplift of the human race.
Shavua Tov, ya'll. You know, I can see his point. When Buddhism creates such a tolerant and amiable person as this, it's a wonder everyone doesn't join up and start staring at their navel all day long.

Where do I sign up to become a Buddhist and can I still eat steak?
yehoshooah adam

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Utter BS there is no such things as being more Jewish in the sense that YOU are speaking. A Jew is a Jew.
A seed of Israel is a seed of Israel
One does not practice to become "more black" or BLACKER. One is just BLACK. In like manner one is a Jew or not a Jew.
The religion called Judaism does NOT make anyone a SEED of Israel and does not place one into the any of the tribes of Israel.
Your tribe is based on PHYSICAL descent and NOT on religion. It is my hope that ALL simpletons e.g. rabbis realize that if one belongs to a TRIBE of Israel it means that s/he is an ISRAELITE.
The idea that Jews mean religion is a massive DECEPTION that has been promoted for a very long time.
rabbee: all moot points, ignoring the real message. to become Holy here in TheTorah as, I-AM is HOLY in The Giving of TheTorah.

never was about being a jew, it is always about being true to G-D here in TheTorah. being true to jews, shall lead you into the idolatry of not being true to G-D. and shall result you writing your! history, as if you are not here in TheTorah.

being true to other jews, christians, and muslims, shall not result in your being true to G-D. that is an invitation to evil and wickedness, resulting in all manners of hell and death.
yehoshooah adam

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Shavua Tov, ya'll. You know, I can see his point. When Buddhism creates such a tolerant and amiable person as this, it's a wonder everyone doesn't join up and start staring at their navel all day long.
Where do I sign up to become a Buddhist and can I still eat steak?
rabbee: nah got better things to do, than to learn how to be a more tolerant and passive supramental victim.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: nah got better things to do, than to learn how to be a more tolerant and passive supramental victim.
I would never accuse you of being either tolerant or even reasonably well informed.

You are just free to be you.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: all moot points, ignoring the real message. to become Holy here in TheTorah as, I-AM is HOLY in The Giving of TheTorah.
never was about being a jew, it is always about being true to G-D here in TheTorah. being true to jews, shall lead you into the idolatry of not being true to G-D. and shall result you writing your! history, as if you are not here in TheTorah.
being true to other jews, christians, and muslims, shall not result in your being true to G-D. that is an invitation to evil and wickedness, resulting in all manners of hell and death.
There is nothing moot about my points. One does not practice to become a SEED or offspring of Israel.

Do you practice to become a offspring of your mother or grandparents?

Your point about being true to God is key and valid.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

a=an

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
What I've always heard about MENSA is that they're a bunch of egotistical nerds. Not a particularly social or interesting group of people. So while I am sure some what you say does go on, I'm not sure how much. I think most of them probably belong just so they can say so.
Speaking of which, my graduate school admissions test (Miller Analogies) qualified me to join. Same with my wife. We had no interest in joining.(I had no idea but a friend of mine pointed this out so I checked their website and our scores - just for fun.)
What they should be a social group? Since little they felt to be different from the most people. The thoughts of ordinary people are ridiculous, for them. Maybe because of their high IQ they were treated bad at school. They prefer to stay with their similars, and share/discuss thgeir intellectual idea without problems and misunderstanding and very fast. All things quite hard to realize with ordinary people. I understand them.

I have no idea about how reliable was your test but you don't seem that intelligent.
former res wrote:
<quoted text>I'm gratified for your kind words.
Enjoyed also our full-day tour of the Vatican/Museum etc. I also like the way the way people there do not go out to dinner until 9 or 10 at night. Here it's more like 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Here the majority of people eat between 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Those few who eat at 10 p.m. or later are the ones who are going to restaurants but are a bit late because they were waiting some friend(s) who usually are not in time.

Here only children eat at 6:30 p.m.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it does.
Why do I need to participate in a religion (or any other activity) in order to know what the central beliefs are??
I know what Republicans believe and but I'm not one.
I know the basic beliefs of Christians are but I'm agnostic.
Being raised Catholic no doubt helps a bit.
You though it ironic that a "nonbeliever" was correcting the record re Christianity.
Why?
You proven it doesn't.
former res wrote:
<quoted text>Knowledge does not initiate corrections to the online encyclopedia - vigilance does. An active group of volunteer contributors and editors.
Wikipedia is a useful tool full of useful information.
Any encyclopedia is only a secondary or tertiary source of information. An aggregator if you will.
Vigilance does? Once I was reading an anrticle on Wiki and I found typed something like muahahahahahahah". After few months it was still there. Maybe it was my bad they were having a long strike, isn't it? LOL
There could be a group of volunteer contributors and editors but I wonder if they vision all the wiki pages, and how vast is their knowledge, and how they can know an information that can be as true as false, having nothing to back it up?
Anyone you, me and other people can modify any wiki page and other may let or change it, but still if the information you gave is unknown to the folks even if it wrong you can bet it will be there for long time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 49,441 - 49,460 of68,123
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monterey Discussions

Search the Monterey Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 200,193
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr 21 and over 15,909
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr Spiked 4,832
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 2 skeets give more 7,806
Ask Dr. Gott: Shingles pain difficult to contro... (May '09) Jun 27 William 4
Marina man twice convicted in 2014Marina man tw... Jun 26 AZ AMIGA 1
White Trash teams with Mexican Banger (Apr '11) Jun 25 Third Party 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••