Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,469)

Showing posts 49,361 - 49,380 of64,874
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I am putting in many hours of study preparing for the tough entrances followed by personal interviews for admission to phd programs here. I plan to shift to an elite US university after making a great beginning here in India at say the reputed BARC...hey, it's just like those bygone days in grades 9 to 12 when I'd be absorbed for hours on end preparing for the IIT JEE.
Instead of whiling away my time at home or blowing up huge sums of money on trivia, it would be better if I re-enter academics and gain a doc degree. I know I can become a great researcher and I have the academic background and innate intelligence to excel in the future as I've done so in the past.
You have earned Frijole's special SEAL of ENDORSEMENT

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/medi...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Kiss your tushie. And then fick off.
HughBe--- Go get another circumcision :D
You are in luck today!

http://www.salon.com/2013/06/11/ball_ironing_...

"...Reportedly inspired by a joke George Clooney made during an interview —“I got [my balls] unwrinkled. It’s the newest thing in Hollywood, ball ironing,” he cracked to an Esquire reporter last January — a Santa Monica spa has started offering a service known as “tackle-tightening.” The 45-minute procedure uses lasers to correct discoloration and remove hair and wrinkles on the scrotum, making your balls look as shiny and new as a pair of Christmas ornaments..."
yehoshooah adam

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, our free press already uncovered the screenname of the NSA leaker.
Snowden Wrote 700-Plus Posts on Chat Boards About Everything From Government to Girls
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/0...
"....Snowden's comments on the tech website were discovered by Anthony DeRosa after Reuters reported that the now-famous leaker had previously used the online handle "The True HOOHA" on an anime site. From there, it wasn't exactly a leap to his Ars username of "TheTrueHOOHA."... "
rabbee: well i am not exactly, press trusting these days. or the possibility, of a copy cat gag artist. of course then again it would not be, the first important thing nsa has missed while snooping on the honest citizens. but then i tend to steer clear, of buss phrases the feds are looking for.

as far as i am concerned, it is not that big of a deal. telling me about something, i have known has been going on even before the mcarthy period, and a lot worse too.

i mean if you did the same things they did, they would electrocute you and then put you in prison to finish rotting. some might even accuse the mafia, of being kinder gentler and less deceptive government.
yehoshooah adam

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
My true age is near 30 and not over 30.
I'd posted that over 30 age thing with that Pastakia name in the past when I wanted to cover certain personal details as advised by my friends.
In the past, I've hinted on several occasions that I look 20 something...
Being an orphan, I latched on to "papa" for emotional security and because I wanted him to look at me as a son and nothing else...... He has the charm, common cultural background and nurturing instinct that made him adorable in my sight. He's cut me loose some time ago and so I am again without a papa - no biological dad and no online dad.
Where personal relationships are concerned, I'm too filled with toxin after being mentally, emotionally and physically harmed by that evil sorcerer - my mind, emotions and body have been ravaged by some of the worst mind control techniques and by being preyed upon by adverse spiritual beings that he'd directed at me to gain better control of me and I suffered, suffered badly.
The recovery is slow....
So, reverting to academics is a way of diverting my mind from the damage and misery in my life.
I am putting in many hours of study preparing for the tough entrances followed by personal interviews for admission to phd programs here. I plan to shift to an elite US university after making a great beginning here in India at say the reputed BARC...hey, it's just like those bygone days in grades 9 to 12 when I'd be absorbed for hours on end preparing for the IIT JEE.
Instead of whiling away my time at home or blowing up huge sums of money on trivia, it would be better if I re-enter academics and gain a doc degree. I know I can become a great researcher and I have the academic background and innate intelligence to excel in the future as I've done so in the past.
Well, whatever.
Anyway, thanks.
I've already put in 8 or 9 hours of study today. I'll study some more before relaxing. I'm coming back into top academic form as in the past. I'm thrilled. I won't be here too long.
rabbee: well a 30 year old, just now going through the terrible two's is not all that uncommon.
Barbara

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

As a Jewish believer, I am still Jewish. The first followers of Jesus were Jews. The did not become "Christian" because the followed Jesus. Jesus, himself, was Jewish, and is still Jewish. The term Christian cam many, many years after Christ.
It appears that many people have forgotten the freedom of religion without prosecution is something that has been fought for. If one has a belief in a higher power and the true teachings of G-d then there would be no hatred and persecution.
Look at the news and see how women are treated in other countries. But let us not forget the many crusades that killed people in the name of G-d. We have not come very far have we.
Let us all pray for peace for all. Because belief is different from mine does not make you right or me wrong.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Barbara wrote:
...The first followers of Jesus were Jews...
In point of fact, that's not true. Most early Xtians were Greeks and Romans. The first Xtian churches were built in Rome, not Jerusalem.

It's not difficult to see why Jews would reject the concepts of Xtianity and classical Greeks and Romans would embrace them. Many of the core concepts of Xtianity are straight out of Greek and Roman paganism. Virgin birth, human gods, polytheism ... all of those ideas would be anathema to Jews but would be very easy to believe for Greeks and Romans of the time.

The story goes that Jesus came from Judea ... well, who knows? I'm sure the story sounded good when they told it.
amenudecide

Glendale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Happy Birthday Chris Barela!

Do any of these countries send you a present for helping them shoot straight.......back in the day?

Semper Fi!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Barbara wrote:
Because belief is different from mine does not make you right or me wrong.
Beliefs count for nothing.

Direct experience involving the union in consciousness of the subject with the object is everything.

In the realm of beliefs, imagination can run riot and one can imagine anything to be true as verification is not the guiding principle where beliefs are concerned. So, belief in creation from nothing, extra-cosmic god, one god, 12345 gods, heavens in the sky or somewhere out of the universe filled with rivers of honey, wine and milk, hells as places of fire, smoke, boiling water, god's arsh (throne), etc. Anything can be imagined in the realm of beliefs. One belief is as good as any other. Beliefs are for the immature ones.
yehoshooah adam

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
In point of fact, that's not true. Most early Xtians were Greeks and Romans. The first Xtian churches were built in Rome, not Jerusalem.
It's not difficult to see why Jews would reject the concepts of Xtianity and classical Greeks and Romans would embrace them. Many of the core concepts of Xtianity are straight out of Greek and Roman paganism. Virgin birth, human gods, polytheism ... all of those ideas would be anathema to Jews but would be very easy to believe for Greeks and Romans of the time.
The story goes that Jesus came from Judea ... well, who knows? I'm sure the story sounded good when they told it.
rabbee: don't care if all your false beliefs reject each other. you all still not true to G-D, here and now in TheTorah.

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: don't care if all your false beliefs reject each other. you all still not true to G-D, here and now in TheTorah.
Well, thanks for that. We always appreciate it when Xtians tell Jews how to be more Jewish.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, thanks for that. We always appreciate it when Xtians tell Jews how to be more Jewish.
And Christians to be more Christians!!(And Muslims to be true Muslims).

Followers of all religions are guilty. most of them only use their religions as a label.

Majority of them only show a hypocritic link with their religion, hardly anybody follows the real moral teachings of their religious texts.

That is the main reason , why we see so much injustice, violence and lack of peace, both inner and outer in the world.

The more we progress on materialistic front, the more we loose on morality.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
He is not Christian. He has his own religion altogether. Also, halachically, he actually may be Jewish (parents were survivors).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And Christians to be more Christians!!(And Muslims to be true Muslims).
Followers of all religions are guilty. most of them only use their religions as a label.
Majority of them only show a hypocritic link with their religion, hardly anybody follows the real moral teachings of their religious texts.
That is the main reason , why we see so much injustice, violence and lack of peace, both inner and outer in the world.
The more we progress on materialistic front, the more we loose on morality.
Praise to thee, Mullah Muq
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that god made flawed beings on purpose?
Or was it a mistake he made?
These are the only two choices.
Gay people to you are not "normal" and they carry out sinful activity.
So why would god create such people with such a loathsome lifestyle?
The same god who created you, correct?
And your evidence that gays are created?

Are those feminine mannerisms created by god?
Or is that learned behavior?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. It wasnt even a govt contract. It was a subcontract. Like I said, me and a zillion other people.
That said, I do provide compliance services to the private sector as well. Making me guilty of....capitalism. Oh the shock to libertarian ears.
A subcontract is part of the whole, you ding dong.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect on at least 2 counts:

"Christianity (from the Ancient Greek: &#935;&#961;&#953; &#963;&#964;&#953; &#945;&#957;&#972; &#962; Christianos[1] and the Latin suffix -itas) is a MONOtheistic[2] and Abrahamic religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ as presented in canonical gospels and other New Testament writings as well as the Old Testament.....

Christianity began as a Jewish sect in the mid-1st century..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity

Christains pray to one god. Do not let the Trinity confuse you. All one god.

"The Christian doctrine of the Trinity defines God as three divine persons or hypostases:[1] the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit; "one God in three persons". The three persons are distinct, yet are one "substance, essence or nature".[2] A nature is what one is, while a person is who one is.[3][4][5]

The Trinity is considered to be a mystery of Christian faith.[6] According to this doctrine, there is only one God in three persons. Each person is God, whole and entire.."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and I'm certain Christians appreciate it when Jews tell them how many gods they believe in.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
And your evidence that gays are created?
Are those feminine mannerisms created by god?
Or is that learned behavior?
Gay folks will tell you they knew they were "different"
from early childhood playing in the sandbox.

Are you suggesting it's all an act?

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
He is not Christian. He has his own religion altogether. Also, halachically, he actually may be Jewish (parents were survivors).
If I had a dime for every missionary who claimed their parents / grandparents / aunt-uncle / close friend ... were survivors ... I'd have a lot of dimes.

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and I'm certain Christians appreciate it when Jews tell them how many gods they believe in.
I lost track -- do demi-gods count?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 49,361 - 49,380 of64,874
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search