Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,305
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#53225 May 25, 2013
typo

3) If the indwelling consciousness is awakened to a minimal degree then the body escapes being hit or damaged by accidents or even FROM attempts at being murdered

Location hidden

#53226 May 25, 2013
Where's Hugh the sex perv?

He's so cock friendly!

(smiles)

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#53227 May 25, 2013
HughBe wrote:
My boy Frijoles, what do you call the book of Esther?
Is it a HISTORICAL book?
Is it a book of FICTION?
Its not a book, its a scroll

It would be helpful if you knew even the most fundamental facts about the work.

Location hidden

#53228 May 25, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Yes, very religious. Very Christian - either Catholic or Protestant.
2. Yes, Celtic/Irish.
3. Yes. See above.
4. Yes, Catholic.
(I smell a trap....)
I admit I am not the most educated on the subject of your heritage, but I dont think of your heritage as ethno-religious in the same way Jews are. Not that you dont have a definite religious culture that complements the ethnic culture, but what creates the Jewish situation is the complicated interaction between internal religious laws of tribal membership and the external imposition of ethnicity (i.e something you are "born into" regardless of your religious views).

Hughbe is setting up a false equivalence. Christians are not an ethno-religious group either, but yet he cited that as an example as well. Basically,(shockingly), Hughbe misses the boat on the concept.

Location hidden

#53230 May 25, 2013
Scripture is sheer nonsense.

Location hidden

#53231 May 25, 2013
HughBe wrote:
My boy Frijoles, what do you call the book of Esther?
Is it a HISTORICAL book?
Is it a book of FICTION?
That particular megillah is not one of my favorites. I dont enjoy the violent ending. But then again, I dont enjoy Grimm's Fairy Tales either for the same reason.

Location hidden

#53232 May 25, 2013
Rituals and scriptures being nonsense have nothing to do with the ultimate reality.

Location hidden

#53233 May 25, 2013
The highest form of satanism = Judaism.

Location hidden

#53234 May 25, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your confusion.
You may want to study a thing called a syllogism - example:
Major premise: All humans are mortal.
Minor premise: All Greeks are humans.
Conclusion: All Greeks are mortal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syllogism
(Which doesn't meant that all mortals are Greek.)
So, though all fairy tales are stories, it does not follow that all stories are fairy tales.(Nor did I say that.)
If is not your fault where you were raised and educated.
<quoted text>
If I understand you correctly, just because something might be a fairy tale doesnt mean it isnt worthy of respect. Fairy Tales have their own types of truths and deeper meanings. Much like fables.

I dont get why some people here would automatically find a fairy tale designation as demeaning (unless one is so insecure with their ID). Something doesnt have to be "authentic" or literal to be meaningful.

Location hidden

#53235 May 25, 2013
RELIGIO-GENOTYPES:

1) Religious rituals that're unrelated with the true laws of nature and being mold the mind, vital and body in perverse ways - the more barbaric or sadistic a religion is, the more perverse will be its beliefs and practices and these in turn have an adverse effect on the believer's psychology, vital and body which are expectedly transferred down the generations giving rise to perverted genotypes based on religious observances.

2) When puerile, illogical and sadistic religious habits influence personality formation then a damaging effect on the family gene pool takes place with the result that abnormal human types are born and if this damaging effect is coupled with disastrous eugenic practices like incest and/or hypogamy then the results are terrible.

Location hidden

#53236 May 25, 2013
Myths have meaning only if they correspond to specific movements of consciousness that can be replicated and verified.

Location hidden

#53237 May 25, 2013
Truth is that which can be replicated, verified and used for the uplift of the individual and the collectivity.

Location hidden

#53238 May 25, 2013
Scriptural revelations are mostly hallucinations of deranged minds.

Location hidden

#53239 May 25, 2013
A hallucination harms the individual's mind-matter apparatus but it is far more dangerous when the deranged individual seeks to impose his hallucinations, especially of the damaging types, involving wars, mass murders, blood sacrifices, fanaticism and barbarous punishments on society.

Location hidden

#53240 May 25, 2013
CONCLUSION:

Scripture should be viewed with the greatest suspicion if its revelations cannot be replicated, verified and applied for the greatest good of the individual as well as the collectivity irrespective of race, creed, nationality and social status.

Location hidden

#53241 May 25, 2013
From global warming to fluoride: Why do people deny science?

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/25/from_global_w...

...So what the average human should fear is not global warming but rather local climate destabilization, i.e., a change in the relative stability and predictability of his or her own local situation. This does not only mean unusually severe hurricanes and tornadoes, or unexpected droughts and flooding. Such sad catastrophes affect only a small part of the world at any one time. Of even greater concern should be local changes that may seem trivial yet have a huge impact on our living conditions and economies.

Try a casual poll of your friends across the planet who have lived in the same place for a while, and ask,“How’s the weather been lately in your neck of the woods?” There is a high probability that the answer will include words such as “strange,”“unusual,” and “weird.” And in some cases your friends will not mention warming but rather unusual cold spells, or rain and snow that fell with unusual frequency at unexpected times.

The general trend seems to be increasing dryness in previously dry areas and increasing wetness in previously wet areas. It will not take many more such changes to disrupt local economies and agriculture in a manner that destabilizes local societies. And the impact of local events can be global. For example, very high temperatures in Russia in 2010 were unpleasant, but the bigger consequences were forest fires and loss of wheat production. The unprecedented 2011 floods in Thailand raised the costs of computer hard disks worldwide because some key local factories were damaged. And in 2012, the great drought in North America decimated the corn crop and ignited forest fires that destroyed many homes....
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53242 May 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I admit I am not the most educated on the subject of your heritage, but I dont think of your heritage as ethno-religious in the same way Jews are. Not that you dont have a definite religious culture that complements the ethnic culture, but what creates the Jewish situation is the complicated interaction between internal religious laws of tribal membership and the external imposition of ethnicity (i.e something you are "born into" regardless of your religious views).
Hughbe is setting up a false equivalence. Christians are not an ethno-religious group either, but yet he cited that as an example as well. Basically,(shockingly), Hughbe misses the boat on the concept.
Just look at the Protestants and the Catholic Irish killing each other, blowing one another up, in Northern Ireland. Maybe not as much recently but quite a history of violence. Not homogenous by any means.

Definitely not ethnoreligious but the hyphenated Irish-Catholic is well known in our culture, along with Italian-Catholic and a few others. Strong associations but not the same as being Jewish.

I had a feeling where Huggy was going but thought I'd play along with him. He seems to hear what he wants to hear on this subject.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53243 May 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
If I understand you correctly, just because something might be a fairy tale doesnt mean it isnt worthy of respect. Fairy Tales have their own types of truths and deeper meanings. Much like fables.
I dont get why some people here would automatically find a fairy tale designation as demeaning (unless one is so insecure with their ID). Something doesnt have to be "authentic" or literal to be meaningful.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

And look at all the fine and respected literature in the world.

Taking lessons through metaphors and story-telling has a long tradition in no way diminishes the importance of the meanings being conveyed.

Location hidden

#53244 May 25, 2013
Dunces with an extremely poor grasp of the basics of science and math are attempting to talk science on this thread. ROFL.

Location hidden

#53245 May 26, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't have said it better myself!
And look at all the fine and respected literature in the world.
Taking lessons through metaphors and story-telling has a long tradition in no way diminishes the importance of the meanings being conveyed.
Out of curiosity, why do you use the term fairy tale and not fable? Are you holding out for the possibility that some or all of the stories in the bible were not intended/created to have meaning other than entertainment, but now have meaning assigned to them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 23 Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
the music thread (Apr '12) Dec 2 Musikologist 18
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info