Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,102
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#53188 May 24, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
AUROVILLE - the international city in South India established by the Mother, Sri-Aurobindo's Jewish spiritual collaborator - is one of the hippest places in the world to hang out in - what a great combination of yoga, philosophy, harmony, intellect, globalization, aesthetics, art, architecture, sustainable living and gastronomy. Its raison d'etre - infusion of the supramental state of consciousness into matter and enlightened community living sans religion, caste, language, nationality, scripture, rituals, racism and social status. Wow!
Who would of thought?

Location hidden

#53189 May 24, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
His Jamaican history books would probably only make the grade here in a handful of states, maybe, Texas, Mississippi, Alabama....
Places I would only go to for their BBQ.
The irony I see in that is that these are all places where large portions of the populace probably share deep values and lifestyle with Huggy, but also probably hate him as well. Maybe that isnt an irony though. Maybe that is just a logical outcome of that shared mentality.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#53190 May 24, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Who would of thought?
Hey, enjoy!

Location hidden

#53191 May 24, 2013
Dr Aviram Rozin, an Israeli national and an Aurovilian, runs Sadhana Forest in Auroville. Aviram's so inspirational. He's a clinical psychologist by training. Yuval's another great guy in Auroville. There're score of very special people living and working there. Thumbs up!

Location hidden

#53192 May 24, 2013
typo - there're SCORES of....
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53193 May 24, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The irony I see in that is that these are all places where large portions of the populace probably share deep values and lifestyle with Huggy, but also probably hate him as well. Maybe that isnt an irony though. Maybe that is just a logical outcome of that shared mentality.
yeah these are the same nice folks who might like you until you forget to stand for the pledge of allegiance or you accidently go out without your flag pin on.

Location hidden

#53194 May 24, 2013
Catholic Church in market for more exorcists

A spokesman for the archdiocese in Madrid says it has only one such priest and is considering a plan to train more

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/24/catholic_chur...

MADRID — The Catholic archdiocese in Madrid says it needs more exorcists to help some of its faithful cope with the devil.

An archdiocese spokeswoman said Friday that Madrid only has one exorcist priest and that it is considering a plan to train more. She spoke on condition of anonymity in keeping with archdiocese policy.

“The devil exists. That’s a fact,” she told The Associated Press.

Only a priest authorized by a bishop can perform an exorcism and the brief rite involves blessings with holy water, prayers and an interrogation of the devil by the exorcist during which the demon is asked to leave the victim.

ReligionenLibertad, a Catholic website, blames the growing secularization of Spanish society for what it calls an increase in people asking for help with their demons.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53195 May 24, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Catholic Church in market for more exorcists
A spokesman for the archdiocese in Madrid says it has only one such priest and is considering a plan to train more
http://www.salon.com/2013/05/24/catholic_chur...
MADRID — The Catholic archdiocese in Madrid says it needs more exorcists to help some of its faithful cope with the devil.
An archdiocese spokeswoman said Friday that Madrid only has one exorcist priest and that it is considering a plan to train more. She spoke on condition of anonymity in keeping with archdiocese policy.
“The devil exists. That’s a fact,” she told The Associated Press.
Only a priest authorized by a bishop can perform an exorcism and the brief rite involves blessings with holy water, prayers and an interrogation of the devil by the exorcist during which the demon is asked to leave the victim.
ReligionenLibertad, a Catholic website, blames the growing secularization of Spanish society for what it calls an increase in people asking for help with their demons.
Wow. I would have thought after the Linda Blair movie many would have "flocked" (!) to the job.

Sort of like when dude ranch business increased after "City Slickers" came out.

I bet Huggy really believes in all this stuff!

Location hidden

#53196 May 24, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I would have thought after the Linda Blair movie many would have "flocked" (!) to the job.
Sort of like when dude ranch business increased after "City Slickers" came out.
I bet Huggy really believes in all this stuff!
Yes, in a down economy this represents opportunity

I dont get the secular connection. More seculars causing more satanic activity? Or more seculars means an erosion of technical personnel capable of performing exorcisms?

Satan is so yesterday. Evidence ATF. The future is in demonizing the government.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53197 May 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, goes to show that the educational system of your country is not up to par.
HughBe--- I am my own god. Almighty God is in the history books, every IDIOT knows this so why not YOU?

Frijoles---Again, goes to show that the educational system of your country is not up to par.

HughBe--- It certainly is FAR SUPERIOR to what obtains in the US.

Now DUNCE this is your first set of lessons for today.

1. The bible has an awful lot of HISTORY.
2. The bible consists of many BOOKS with different writers.
3. Speaking for Jamaica, anyone here with a high school education knows that there are books in the bible that are HISTORICAL books. One example, the book of CHRONICLES.

I take it that Americans even those with a PhD like YOU and possessing a strong religious background do NOT know of the historical books of the bible.

Getting back, do YOU know what the word CHRONICLE means? Of course not you are a Judahite among other things. As a Judahite, you certainly know about LYING and HATING and DECEPTION.

Let me help you, CHRONICLE is a HISTORY.

Teach these things to your rabbis.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53198 May 25, 2013
My boy Frijoles, what do you call the book of Esther?

Is it a HISTORICAL book?
Is it a book of FICTION?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53199 May 25, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
His Jamaican history books would probably only make the grade here in a handful of states, maybe, Texas, Mississippi, Alabama....
Frijoles---Again, goes to show that the educational system of your country is not up to par.

Former---His Jamaican history books would probably only make the grade here in a handful of states, maybe, Texas, Mississippi, Alabama....

HughBe--- You have no idea what history is. As a Catholic(former) how would you classify the book of Esther?

Is it HISTORY or FICTION?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53200 May 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you that academically challenged that you cant see the difference between accepted published peer reviewed history and your bible?
Do you believe that the earth is flat?
HughBe--- Demonstrate why your evidence is superior to the HISTORY of the Jewish people.

Frijoles---Are you that academically challenged that you cant see the difference between accepted published peer reviewed history and your bible?

HughBe--- Are you that DUNCE to know that peer review is not flawless and has limitations?

Tell me about EVIDENCE and not about the review of others.

Frijoles---Do you believe that the earth is flat?

HughBe--- Your peer review TAUGHT it and accepted that the earth was FLAT much like your forehead.

Why are YOU casting aspersions on the INTEGRITY of the HISTORICAL records of the Jewish people?

Is it because YOU think so poorly of them so you equate them to your rabbis who fabricate things?

Finally, YOU/ Frijoles demonstrate why your "peer reviews" are superior to the history of the Jewish people.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53201 May 25, 2013
HughBe--- What a reversal? You said that you NEVER did and now you confess that you did. The disappointment is that your confession is SLIMY and seeks to DECEIVE. YOU now speak of STORIES when your actual words were FAIRY TALES.

Former---A fairy tale is certainly a type of story.

HughBe--- Thanks for confirming both your stupidity and DECEPTIVE nature. My words above are clear.

HughBe---Lesson for this morning, STORIES can be TRUE fairy tales are NEVER true.

Former---True.

HughBe--- really?

Former---Your bible would be an example of the latter.

HughBe--- Are you really calling the Jewish people a bunch of LIARS? Did they FABRICATE the story of Esther?

Former---You were implying I was calling the authors of the bible liars.

HughBe--- what else were YOU doing? Do you believe the stories that Moses wrote?

Do you believe the stories written by Joshua?

Besides YOU have repeatedly called them fairy tales when the writers hold up the stories to be ACTUAL accounts of events.

Former---I explained how it all most likely came about.

HughBe--- But son, the accounts are written and presented as HISTORICAL events.

Former---Nice little fables written many years ago and passed down through
the generations, and along the way, some folks began to believe they were actually true.

HughBe--- Little fellow the writers wrote them as actual events and experiences. For example, "Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt."

The Egyptian experience is written as an ACTUAL experience and not a fable.

HughBe--- Yes really, I am NOT as old as you are and clearly you were alive 200 years ago. I rely on the reports of others.

Former--Yes, reports. Multiple sources and actual historical events.

HughBe--- are you talking about MULTIPLE eyewitnesses? explain your MULTIPLE SOURCES.

Former---Historical documentation.

HUghBe---My sources are HISTORICAL and contain the experiences of MILLIONS of eyewitnesses.

Former--There is evidence there was a man named Jesus. But that he was the son of a god is pure speculation and fantasy.

HughBe--- noted.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53202 May 25, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Do Irish people have a RELIGIOUS history or are they without one?

2. Do Irish people belong to an ethnic group?

3. Do you belong to an ethnic group?

4. Do YOU and your family have a RELIGIOUS history?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53203 May 25, 2013
later
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53207 May 25, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former---His Jamaican history books would probably only make the grade here in a handful of states, maybe, Texas, Mississippi, Alabama....
HughBe--- You have no idea what history is. As a Catholic(former) how would you classify the book of Esther?
Is it HISTORY or FICTION?
Nothing is 100% one thing or the other.

I prefer not to see the world in black in white.

Most of life is lived in the gray areas.

Much of literature contains elements of history, psychology, sociology, politics, philosophy, theology, commentary, fantasy, and yes, reality.

It is for the individual to evaluate that which speaks to him and what message he wishes to take from any creative work of art.

So, the answer to your question above is: It is whatever you make of it. We would probably all answer that differently. I have no personal knowledge of this piece of literature. So, honestly, I would not be the best person to ask.

What did you think of the book,'Gone With the Wind?'

How about,'My Wicked, Wicked Life,' by Errol Flynn.

Location hidden

#53209 May 25, 2013
Old songs rule.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53210 May 25, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Former---A fairy tale is certainly a type of story.
HughBe--- Thanks for confirming both your stupidity and DECEPTIVE nature. My words above are clear.
I see your confusion.

You may want to study a thing called a syllogism - example:

Major premise: All humans are mortal.

Minor premise: All Greeks are humans.

Conclusion: All Greeks are mortal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syllogism

(Which doesn't meant that all mortals are Greek.)

So, though all fairy tales are stories, it does not follow that all stories are fairy tales.(Nor did I say that.)

If is not your fault where you were raised and educated.
HughBe wrote:
Former---You were implying I was calling the authors of the bible liars.
HughBe--- what else were YOU doing? Do you believe the stories that Moses wrote?
Do you believe the stories written by Joshua?
Besides YOU have repeatedly called them fairy tales when the writers hold up the stories to be ACTUAL accounts of events.
A good writer should be able to get the reader to suspend his disbelief. This sounds like a job well done.
HughBe wrote:
Former---I explained how it all most likely came about.
HughBe--- But son, the accounts are written and presented as HISTORICAL events.
Former---Nice little fables written many years ago and passed down through
the generations, and along the way, some folks began to believe they were actually true.
HughBe--- Little fellow the writers wrote them as actual events and experiences. For example, "Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt."
The Egyptian experience is written as an ACTUAL experience and not a fable.
I understand the writing device employed.

Again, well executed. Many folks have evidently found the writings compelling.
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- Yes really, I am NOT as old as you are and clearly you were alive 200 years ago. I rely on the reports of others.
Former--Yes, reports. Multiple sources and actual historical events.
HughBe--- are you talking about MULTIPLE eyewitnesses? explain your MULTIPLE SOURCES.
Not just a handful of people recorded their experiences and observations of the American Revolution, The Pilgrims, The American Civil War etc. So though I was not an eye witness to these historical events, I feel confident that they actually happened.

There is a big difference between recorded history and the existence of the almighty.
HughBe wrote:
Former---Historical documentation.
HUghBe---My sources are HISTORICAL and contain the experiences of MILLIONS of eyewitnesses.
Please explain your "millions of eyewitenesses."

How do you know this?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53211 May 25, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Do Irish people have a RELIGIOUS history or are they without one?
2. Do Irish people belong to an ethnic group?
3. Do you belong to an ethnic group?
4. Do YOU and your family have a RELIGIOUS history?
1. Yes, very religious. Very Christian - either Catholic or Protestant.

2. Yes, Celtic/Irish.

3. Yes. See above.

4. Yes, Catholic.

(I smell a trap....)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 17 savvylocal 245
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep '14 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep '14 fancy 3
Dennis W (Veeser) from Krakow Wi. Sep '14 Mia 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs