Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,080
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Voluntarist

United States

#52840 May 20, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you vote?
If you do, thats where the obligation is. You buy into our system. Our system is a representative democracy - meaning that others make decisions for us as elected officials.
If you dont vote, then you might have a faint argument. But very faint, as you still consume our services.
Who us our?

Why would I vote if I can't vote on having a government or not?
Voluntarist

United States

#52841 May 20, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You stated that, "Government doesn't exist..."
What organization built and maintains these buildings?
Who are all these people on the public payroll?
Who inspects the meat you eat?
Who is requesting tax dollars from you?
Human beings
Voluntarist

United States

#52842 May 20, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask if you knew ALL the traffic laws.(Mr. Straw Man..)
I asked if you generally follow them? We all had to pass an exam showing basic understanding of these laws.
Would you speed if safe but knowing PoPo with radar were in the area? Why or why not?(Example - 3 in the morning on I95 - no traffic)
I would have to know them all to follow them all .

I would travel as fast as reasonable and prudent.

The speed limit is just a suggestion.

I answered your question about traffic laws besides, men and women's intent of traffic laws is not about safety it states as much in the code.

Can you guess what the legislative intent is?
Voluntarist

United States

#52843 May 20, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Once you agree you don't recognize the authority/existence of the Federal gov't, why does this not make the rest of the discussion moot?
Any point in our continuing this discussion?
Why or why not?
Because you are claiming that I have some obligation for just merely living.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52844 May 20, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking to yourself?
Guess that makes you a free-loader or at least
a wannabe free-loader. That is if you had the balls
to actually not pay your taxes.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52845 May 20, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Human beings
Seems you're basically giving up.

I accept your unconditional surrender as you have
stopped responding to the questions and the issue.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52846 May 20, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
The speed limit is just a suggestion.
Prima facie [edit]

Most states have absolute speed limits, meaning that a speed in excess of the limit is illegal per se. However, some states have prima facie speed limits.[70] This allows motorists to defend against a speeding charge if it can be proven that the speed was in fact reasonable and prudent.

Speed limits in Texas, Utah,[71] and Rhode Island are prima facie. Some other states have a hybrid system: speed limits may be prima facie up to a certain speed or only on certain roads.

A successful prima facie defense is rare. Not only does the burden of proof rest upon the accused, a successful defense may involve expenses well in excess of the cost of a ticket, such as an expert witness. Furthermore, because prima facie defenses must be presented in a court, such a defense is difficult for out of town motorists

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limits_in_...
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you guess what the legislative intent is?
No.

The 55 mph speed limit in the 70s was about energy. That federal law ended in '87.

Parts of Texas have speed limits of 85.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52847 May 20, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you are claiming that I have some obligation for just merely living.
But if you don't recognize the authority of the US gov't why would you pay taxes? But I'm sure you do anyway. Out of pragmatism, correct?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52848 May 20, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Who us our?
Why would I vote if I can't vote on having a government or not?
I take that as a claim that you do not vote

Fine - thats your choice

But it also takes the steam out of your argument against taxes, as well as 98% of any discussion on the issue.

"our" is the rest of us here who participate in civic affairs by recognizing the legitimacy of the system.
Voluntarist

United States

#52849 May 20, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess that makes you a free-loader or at least
a wannabe free-loader. That is if you had the balls
to actually not pay your taxes.
What am I getting that I am not paying for?
Voluntarist

United States

#52850 May 20, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Prima facie [edit]
Most states have absolute speed limits, meaning that a speed in excess of the limit is illegal per se. However, some states have prima facie speed limits.[70] This allows motorists to defend against a speeding charge if it can be proven that the speed was in fact reasonable and prudent.
Speed limits in Texas, Utah,[71] and Rhode Island are prima facie. Some other states have a hybrid system: speed limits may be prima facie up to a certain speed or only on certain roads.
A successful prima facie defense is rare. Not only does the burden of proof rest upon the accused, a successful defense may involve expenses well in excess of the cost of a ticket, such as an expert witness. Furthermore, because prima facie defenses must be presented in a court, such a defense is difficult for out of town motorists
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limits_in_...
<quoted text>
No.
The 55 mph speed limit in the 70s was about energy. That federal law ended in '87.
Parts of Texas have speed limits of 85.
That's really funny the burden of proof on the defense, in Connecticut the rules of criminal procedure apply.

Legislative intent is for identification and revenue.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52851 May 20, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
What am I getting that I am not paying for?
You said you had no problem with the services, just the taxes.

What you were you referring to?

Roads, libraries, TSA, air traffic control, food/meat inspection, education, police protection, fire protection, sanitation (trash pickup), water/sewer, your mom's social security/medicare, military forces, you tell me...
Voluntarist

United States

#52852 May 20, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems you're basically giving up.
I accept your unconditional surrender as you have
stopped responding to the questions and the issue.
You asked who builds and maintains buildings, human beings do is there another answer you are looking for?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52853 May 20, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
What am I getting that I am not paying for?
But if you don't recognize the authority of the US gov't why would you pay taxes? But I'm sure you do anyway.

Out of pragmatism, correct?

I'm asking you why you pay taxes..
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52854 May 20, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's really funny the burden of proof on the defense, in Connecticut the rules of criminal procedure apply.
Legislative intent is for identification and revenue.
Where does it say the burden of proof is on the defense?

Speedtraps of for revenue too!

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52855 May 20, 2013
ATF - Still waiting for that critique of the CO2 article I posted a few days ago

I wouldnt want to think you were just posturing (i.e. blowing hot air).

And no, regurgitation of other people's generalized talking points isnt critique.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#52856 May 20, 2013
Yawn. The dunces are online.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52857 May 20, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Yawn. The dunces are online.
I couldnt help but notice you being trashed by Seeker on the other thread. How does it feel to be dog shit?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#52858 May 20, 2013
(smiles grins laughs)

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#52859 May 20, 2013
The mathematically challenged dunce with zero reasoning skills and poor scientific knowledge is online. I guess the Ph.D. could be in Sociology, Hebrew, history or Zionist Studies. LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 17 savvylocal 245
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep '14 fancy 3
Dennis W (Veeser) from Krakow Wi. Sep '14 Mia 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]