Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Jun 21, 2008 Read more: Newsday 71,938
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Read more
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52724 May 18, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you not talking to me?
ps

And of course I would never ignore you, Huggybear.

Happy Saturday to you.
Voluntarist

United States

#52725 May 18, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Very odd indeed.
I know you asked me why I paid taxes a day
or two ago and I know I responded.
Now I can't find either the question or
the response.
Of course you can scroll back and read the
give and take I've had on the subject with Volunterist/ATF
but the short answer is I pay them because it's a debt and
if one does not pay he is subject to legal proceeding/entanglements
which would result in fines, high legal costs and possible imprisonment.
Google "Al Capone" for a good example.
Taxes might be a debt in your mind but they aren't in a legal sense.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52727 May 18, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxes might be a debt in your mind but they aren't in a legal sense.
1040 Line 76

Amount You Owe
Amount you owe. Subtract line 72 from line 61.

Since when do you care about the law?

You claim the law doesn't even apply to you.

You sound inconsistent.

The gov't can place a lien on your house if you don't pay your taxes. Same with any other debt.
We speak in terms of "tax liability."
Liabilities are debts. any way you look at it.

Consider yourself schooled yet again.

No charge.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#52728 May 18, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
ps
And of course I would never ignore you, Huggybear.
Happy Saturday to you.
HughBe ---Why are you not talking to me?

Former--And of course I would never ignore you, Huggybear.

HughBe--- I am reassured and comforted.

Former---Happy Saturday to you.

HughBe--- Happy Sabbath to you too.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#52729 May 18, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Very odd indeed.
I know you asked me why I paid taxes a day
or two ago and I know I responded.
Now I can't find either the question or
the response.
Of course you can scroll back and read the
give and take I've had on the subject with Volunterist/ATF
but the short answer is I pay them because it's a debt and
if one does not pay he is subject to legal proceeding/entanglements
which would result in fines, high legal costs and possible imprisonment.
Google "Al Capone" for a good example.
Former---I pay them because it's a DEBT and
if one does not pay he is subject to legal proceeding/entanglements
which would result in fines, high legal costs and possible imprisonment.

HughBe--- I would use the word DUTY instead of DEBT even if legally it is called a DEBT.

I am inclined to see it as FORCED payments that are determined by others without my input.

I am also inclined to see it as COVETOUSNESS by those who have power to take my money against my will.

In essence it is a type of extortion.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52730 May 18, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe ---Why are you not talking to me?
Former--And of course I would never ignore you, Huggybear.
HughBe--- I am reassured and comforted.
Former---Happy Saturday to you.
HughBe--- Happy Sabbath to you too.
You're a Jew of color like Sammy Davis, Jr.

He was a great entertainer who could do it all.

Singing, dancing, acting, jokes etc.

A real credit to the chosen people.

I had thought you were Christian.

I don't think you actually ever put a name to your religion.

Not that you're under any obligation to do so.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52731 May 18, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former---I pay them because it's a DEBT and
if one does not pay he is subject to legal proceeding/entanglements
which would result in fines, high legal costs and possible imprisonment.
HughBe--- I would use the word DUTY instead of DEBT even if legally it is called a DEBT.
I am inclined to see it as FORCED payments that are determined by others without my input.
I am also inclined to see it as COVETOUSNESS by those who have power to take my money against my will.
In essence it is a type of extortion.
Well then you agree more with the other fellow, Voluntarist.

He and I have had a long discussion on the subject.

Taxes are certainly forced on us but I would argue partially with my own input as I'm a voter and agree with some though not all uses of my tax money.
Voluntarist

United States

#52732 May 18, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
1040 Line 76
Amount You Owe
Amount you owe. Subtract line 72 from line 61.
Since when do you care about the law?
You claim the law doesn't even apply to you.
You sound inconsistent.
The gov't can place a lien on your house if you don't pay your taxes. Same with any other debt.
We speak in terms of "tax liability."
Liabilities are debts. any way you look at it.
Consider yourself schooled yet again.
No charge.
Gee I looked at a form where it states "amount you owe" and it was blank.
Are you insisting that some words on a piece of paper mean that there is a debt?

So would that be payment on a contract or a tort?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52733 May 18, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then you agree more with the other fellow, Voluntarist.
He and I have had a long discussion on the subject.
Taxes are certainly forced on us but I would argue partially with my own input as I'm a voter and agree with some though not all uses of my tax money.
In Jamaica it just might be the case that taxation is implemented without representation. If so, I can certainly understand how that might frustrate someone like Hughbe, who craves control.

Here in the US, obviously we do have an input.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52734 May 18, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! dolt!
The ipcc is the UN you know the ones pushing carbon taxes?
And your point is?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52735 May 18, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
The 97% consensus – a lie of
epic proportions
Posted by Anthony Watts
To John Cook – it isn’t ‘hate’, it’s pity,– pity
for having such a weak argument you are
forced to fabricate conclusions of epic
proportions
Proving that crap can flow uphill, yesterday,
John Cook got what one could consider the
ultimate endorsement. A tweet from the
Twitter account of the Twitterer in Chief,
Barack Obama, about Cook’s 97% consensus
lie.
I had to laugh about the breathless headlines
over that tweet, such as this one from the
Washington Post’s Valerie Strauss at The
Answer Sheet:
Here’s the genesis of the lie. When you take a
result of 32.6% of all papers that accept AGW,
ignoring the 66% that don’t , and twist that
into 97%, excluding any mention of that
original value in your media reports, there’s
nothing else to call it – a lie of presidential
proportions. From the original press release
about the paper:
Exhibit 1:
From the 11 994 papers, 32.6 per cent
endorsed AGW, 66.4 per cent stated no
position on AGW, 0.7 per cent rejected AGW
and in 0.3 per cent of papers, the authors said
the cause of global warming was uncertain.
Exhibit 2:
“Our findings prove that there is a strong
scientific agreement about the cause of
climate change, despite public perceptions to
the contrary.”
I pity people whose argument is so weak they
have to lie like this to get attention, I pity even
more the lazy journalists that latch onto lies
like this without even bothering to ask a single
critical question.
Of course try to find a single mention of that
32.6 percent figure in any of the news reports,
or on Cook’s announcement on his own
website .
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/05/17/to-john...
Washington Post?

You mean the SAME paper that adamantly predicted a Romney win because they actually believed all of the other polls where biased DESPITE evidence to the contrary?

lol
Voluntarist

United States

#52736 May 18, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
1040 Line 76
Amount You Owe
Amount you owe. Subtract line 72 from line 61.
Since when do you care about the law?
You claim the law doesn't even apply to you.
You sound inconsistent.
The gov't can place a lien on your house if you don't pay your taxes. Same with any other debt.
We speak in terms of "tax liability."
Liabilities are debts. any way you look at it.
Consider yourself schooled yet again.
No charge.
You can not lien without a judicial order, and liens could and have been removed.
Voluntarist

United States

#52737 May 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Washington Post?
You mean the SAME paper that adamantly predicted a Romney win because they actually believed all of the other polls where biased DESPITE evidence to the contrary?
lol
You are always attacking the messenger yet you use the UN as some kind of authority.
Voluntarist

United States

#52738 May 18, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then you agree more with the other fellow, Voluntarist.
He and I have had a long discussion on the subject.
Taxes are certainly forced on us but I would argue partially with my own input as I'm a voter and agree with some though not all uses of my tax money.
I am glad that you agree that there is a gun to your head to pay taxes.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52739 May 18, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are always attacking the messenger yet you use the UN as some kind of authority.
Reread the post. It had nothing to do with accepting the UN as an authority. In fact, the point the author (not me) was making was that it didnt matter WHAT the international scientists (What you are calling the UN) thought

Reading Comprehension!!

not impressed

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52740 May 18, 2013
I WON'T BOTHER explaining to you why your post misses the point. I'll let you figure it out again by reading this:

"Many studies simply defer to the expert summary of climate science research put together by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which states that most of the global warming since the mid-20th century has been caused by humans. According to recent research, that statement is actually too conservative..."
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are always attacking the messenger yet you use the UN as some kind of authority.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52741 May 18, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad that you agree that there is a gun to your head to pay taxes.
oh the SHOCK

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#52742 May 18, 2013
UN is a front for imperialism, subtle manipulation and dirty underhand tactics - only fools believe in the effectiveness and legitimacy of the UN. LOL.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#52743 May 18, 2013
Global warming and colder than usual winters. ROFL.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#52745 May 18, 2013
The sum total of carbon in various forms on earth is fixed and unless carbon as CO2 or in any other form is increasing in volume as a result of being generated in huge amounts on earth or is entering the earth's atmosphere from extra-terrestrial sources, we need not panic about fluctuations in the amount of CO2 in the earth's atmosphere. These are temporary and local phenomena. Rise/fall of CO2 levels is a natural geochemical cycle linked to the unlocking or conversion of locked carbon into carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide and other forms of carbon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four suspects still at large in Monterey Penins... Wed M JC 29 1
News Jewish-Christian charity helps Ukrainians move ... Apr 3 Azat 1
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Apr 2 svorpion 1,531
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Mar 27 Rosiedosie 7
News Homicide suspect Victor Cabrera has long histor... (Oct '08) Mar 24 mando 12
News Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Mar 20 Gary 16
Review: Salazar Auto Repair (Sep '13) Mar '15 fed up 3
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]