Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,358)

Showing posts 47,141 - 47,160 of68,160
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52532
May 15, 2013
 
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
So again, you're only good with case law when you agree with it.
Case laws says the income tax is ok.
What say you now?
No what I am saying is that if you want to use case law the very first case determined that the 16th amendment gave congress no new taxing power.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52533
May 15, 2013
 
former res wrote:
Story of a loser - William Benson:
Benson appealed that decision, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit also ruled against Benson. The Court of Appeals stated:
Benson knew or had reason to know that his statements were false or fraudulent. 26 U.S.C.[section] 6700(a)(2)(A). Benson's claim to have discovered that the Sixteenth Amendment was not ratified has been rejected by this Court in Benson's own criminal appeal.... Benson knows that his claim that he can rely on his book to prevent federal prosecution is equally false because his attempt to rely on his book in his own criminal case was ineffective.[21]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_protester_Si...
See below

If you could include a finding of facts that would be better , thanks.
All you are including is opinions.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52534
May 15, 2013
 
former res wrote:
Story of a loser - William Benson:
Benson appealed that decision, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit also ruled against Benson. The Court of Appeals stated:
Benson knew or had reason to know that his statements were false or fraudulent. 26 U.S.C.[section] 6700(a)(2)(A). Benson's claim to have discovered that the Sixteenth Amendment was not ratified has been rejected by this Court in Benson's own criminal appeal.... Benson knows that his claim that he can rely on his book to prevent federal prosecution is equally false because his attempt to rely on his book in his own criminal case was ineffective.[21]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_protester_Si...
As I posted above, the court decided that it was a political question, so the court didn't have to address the merits.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52535
May 15, 2013
 
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Above you wrote: "You either agree with the system or not..."
The Supreme Court said the 16th was ratified and that is now the law of the land.
Get with the program.
Where did the supreme court and when did they make this determination?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52536
May 15, 2013
 
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it funded?
Payroll taxes paid by most employees, employers, and people who are self-employed
Other sources, like income taxes paid on Social Security benefits, interest earned on the trust fund investments, and Medicare Part A premiums from people who aren't eligible for premium-free Part A
http://www.medicare.gov/about-us/how-medicare...
Are you asking about payments to providers?
All insurance providers cap these payments.
So the answer is yes.
You would rather provide blank checks?
So it's a fixed rigged system and uses stolen money to fund it, you are proud?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52537
May 15, 2013
 
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it funded?
Payroll taxes paid by most employees, employers, and people who are self-employed
Other sources, like income taxes paid on Social Security benefits, interest earned on the trust fund investments, and Medicare Part A premiums from people who aren't eligible for premium-free Part A
http://www.medicare.gov/about-us/how-medicare...
Are you asking about payments to providers?
All insurance providers cap these payments.
So the answer is yes.
You would rather provide blank checks?
are their payouts higher or lower than conventional insurance companies?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52538
May 15, 2013
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? I dont see any harm done.
"...On the IRS mess, the day closed with the release of the inspector general’s report on the improper review of applications by Tea Party-related groups for tax-exempt “social welfare” status. The report blamed “inadequate management” for the review process, which began under Bush-appointed leadership, and it reads like everyone’s worst nightmare of incompetent government. But it finds no evidence that anyone higher than middle management was responsible for the review. Moreover, although it’s clear that groups with Tea Party or Patriot in their names came in for more scrutiny and delay than most liberal groups, more than two-thirds of the groups flagged for review had nothing to do with the Tea Party. And none of the conservatives were denied tax-exempt status, though many faced long delays. Ironically, the only group that saw its status denied (for 10 of its chapters) was Emerge America, which works to elect Democratic women to office..."
http://www.salon.com/2013/05/15/two_scandals_...
IRS approved liberal groups while Tea Party in limbo
WASHINGTON -- In February 2010, the Champaign Tea Party in Illinois
received approval of its tax-exempt status from the IRS in 90 days, no
questions asked.
That was the month before the Internal Revenue Service started
singling out Tea Party groups for special treatment. There wouldn't be
another Tea Party application approved for 27 months.
In that time, the IRS approved perhaps dozens of applications from
similar liberal and progressive groups, a USA TODAY review of IRS data
shows.
As applications from conservative groups sat in limbo, groups with
liberal-sounding names had their applications approved in as little as
nine months. With names including words like "Progress" or
"Progressive," the liberal groups applied for the same tax status and
were engaged in the same kinds of activities as the conservative
groups. They included:
• Bus for Progress, a New Jersey non-profit that uses a red, white and
blue bus to "drive the progressive change." According to its website, its
mission includes "support (for) progressive politicians with the
courage to serve the people's interests and make tough choices." It got
an IRS approval as a social welfare group in April 2011.
• Missourians Organizing for Reform and Empowerment says it fights
against corporate welfare and for increasing the minimum wage. "It
would be fair to say we're on the progressive end of the spectrum,"
said executive director Jeff Ordower. He said the group got tax-exempt
status in September 2011 in just nine months after "a pretty simple,
straightforward process."
• Progress Florida, granted tax-exempt status in January 2011, is
lobbying the Florida Legislature to expand Medicaid under a provision
of the Affordable Care Act, one of President Obama's signature
accomplishments. The group did not return phone calls. "We're busy
fighting to build a more progressive Florida and cannot take your call
right now," the group's voice mail said.
Like the Tea Party groups, the liberal groups sought recognition as
social welfare groups under Section 501(c)(4) of the tax code, based
on activities like "citizen participation" or "voter education and
registration."

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2158831

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52539
May 15, 2013
 
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
IRS approved liberal groups while Tea Party in limbo
WASHINGTON -- In February 2010, the Champaign Tea Party in Illinois
received approval of its tax-exempt status from the IRS in 90 days, no
questions asked.
That was the month before the Internal Revenue Service started
singling out Tea Party groups for special treatment. There wouldn't be
another Tea Party application approved for 27 months.
In that time, the IRS approved perhaps dozens of applications from
similar liberal and progressive groups, a USA TODAY review of IRS data
shows.
As applications from conservative groups sat in limbo, groups with
liberal-sounding names had their applications approved in as little as
nine months. With names including words like "Progress" or
"Progressive," the liberal groups applied for the same tax status and
were engaged in the same kinds of activities as the conservative
groups. They included:
• Bus for Progress, a New Jersey non-profit that uses a red, white and
blue bus to "drive the progressive change." According to its website, its
mission includes "support (for) progressive politicians with the
courage to serve the people's interests and make tough choices." It got
an IRS approval as a social welfare group in April 2011.
• Missourians Organizing for Reform and Empowerment says it fights
against corporate welfare and for increasing the minimum wage. "It
would be fair to say we're on the progressive end of the spectrum,"
said executive director Jeff Ordower. He said the group got tax-exempt
status in September 2011 in just nine months after "a pretty simple,
straightforward process."
• Progress Florida, granted tax-exempt status in January 2011, is
lobbying the Florida Legislature to expand Medicaid under a provision
of the Affordable Care Act, one of President Obama's signature
accomplishments. The group did not return phone calls. "We're busy
fighting to build a more progressive Florida and cannot take your call
right now," the group's voice mail said.
Like the Tea Party groups, the liberal groups sought recognition as
social welfare groups under Section 501(c)(4) of the tax code, based
on activities like "citizen participation" or "voter education and
registration."
http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2158831
"And none of the conservatives were denied tax-exempt status, though many faced long delays..."

Like I said, what was the harm? Did they have to pay their taxes in the interim? No.

Much ado about nothing.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52540
May 15, 2013
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
"And none of the conservatives were denied tax-exempt status, though many faced long delays..."
Like I said, what was the harm? Did they have to pay their taxes in the interim? No.
Much ado about nothing.
Liberal groups got their recognition much faster.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52541
May 15, 2013
 
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
No what I am saying is that if you want to use case law the very first case determined that the 16th amendment gave congress no new taxing power.
You don't get to pick and choose WHICH case law to follow.

Doesn't work that way.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52542
May 15, 2013
 
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's a fixed rigged system and uses stolen money to fund it, you are proud?
Yes, together with Soc Sec, lifted many seniors out of poverty and gave them healthcare. Two great programs -- big successes. Well worth paying for.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52543
May 15, 2013
 
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did the supreme court and when did they make this determination?
would that information convince you if I found it?

why bother?
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52544
May 15, 2013
 
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
are their payouts higher or lower than conventional insurance companies?
I bet you know.

Wonderful program.

It's a keeper.

In fact, Medicare for all is the way to go.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52545
May 15, 2013
 
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get to pick and choose WHICH case law to follow.
Doesn't work that way.
Sure let's start from the beginning, what facts do you rely on that the constitution and code are applicable to me?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52546
May 15, 2013
 
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, together with Soc Sec, lifted many seniors out of poverty and gave them healthcare. Two great programs -- big successes. Well worth paying for.
Yes it's good to steal money from people and hand it to others?

And how does that jive with the non-aggression principle ?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52547
May 15, 2013
 
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you know.
Wonderful program.
It's a keeper.
In fact, Medicare for all is the way to go.
You do understand if Medicare pays less other insurance pays more?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52548
May 15, 2013
 
AIMS & METHODS OF INQUIRY - SCIENTIST VERSUS THE YOGI:

AIMS & METHODS OF INQUIRY - SCIENTIST VERSUS THE YOGI:

1) SCIENTIST: The climax of the ordinary consciousness is science. For science what is upon earth, on the gross physical plane, is true, real, simply because it is there. What it calls “nature” is for it the final reality, and its aim is to build up a theory to explain the workings of it. So, it climbs as high as the physical mind in its inferential or deductive mode can go and tries to find out the causes of what it assumes to be the true, the real world. But, in fact, it adapts causes to effects, for it has already taken that which is for it the true, the real, and seeks only to explain it mentally or through thoughts, symbols and ideas without ever having a direct vision and knowledge of the objects of its inquiry.

1) YOGI: For the yogic consciousness, however, this world is not the final reality. Rising above the exteriorized mind - not in the intellectual way nor by way of mere thoughts or ideas represented mathematically or verbally – through a series of trance states by which it directly connects with the forces and phenomena of each cosmic plane of physical and supra physical consciousness, it enters the subtle world of “first” truths, and looking from there at the lower planes of existence sees how involuted or distorted the so-called ineluctable or unchangeable facts have become, how completely falsified and superficial everything has become ! So, the so-called world of facts is for the Yogi a falsehood and not at all the true reality. It is not what it ought to be, it is almost the very opposite; whereas for the scientist it is absolutely true or fundamental.

2) SCIENTIST: The scientist says that whatever is is natural and cannot be changed at heart. But, really speaking, the laws of which he usually speaks are of his own mental making seen from the viewpoint of the physical extension of the consciousness. And because he accepts nature as it is as the very basis, things do not and cannot change for him in any complete sense though several proofs to the contrary exist like the medically verified case of a minor yogi from Gujarat (Nov 28, 2003, The Times of India), who, in brazen defiance of every scientific dogma concerning the so-called needs of the body and the so-called fixed effects and ineluctability of the physical laws, has abstained from food, sleep, drink, excretion and medication for the past 70 years.

2) YOGI: The aim of the Yogi is to “change things”. According to the Yogi, all this can be changed, because he knows that there is something subtler, finer, seeking manifestation in and through the physical with which it is intimately linked. There are no rigid or fixed laws here; even science in its rare undogmatic moments recognises that the laws are mere mental constructions. There are only cases, and if the mind could apply itself to all the circumstances it would find that no two cases are exactly similar. With the infusion of a higher element of consciousness-force into the existing system things undergo a radical change.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52551
May 16, 2013
 
A radical transformation is simply the effect of a change of state of consciousness.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52556
May 16, 2013
 
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal groups got their recognition much faster.
Translate that into economics. Did the unrecognized groups have to pay their taxes in the meantime?

No.

No harm. Much ado about nothing.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52558
May 16, 2013
 
Consciousness can neither be created nor destroyed and until it attains to a state of perfect stato-dynamic equilibrium it is subject to the causal laws of manifestation and non-manifestation in cyclical fashion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 47,141 - 47,160 of68,160
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••