Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,365
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Abolish The Fed

United States

#52334 May 13, 2013
Henry Kissinger
Obama primed to create "New World Order"
http://www.wnd.com/index.php ?
fa=PAGE.view&pageId=85442
Henry Kissinger
Today America would be outraged if UN troops entered
Los Angeles to restore order. Tomorrow they will be
grateful. When presented with this scenario, individual
rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of
their well-being granted to them by the World
Government.
http://www.infowars.com/kissinger-calls-for-a...

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52335 May 13, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
That data was wrong.
Please share your basis for this allegation. Dont forget to reference the article.

Data is not right or wrong. Thats like saying your shoe is wrong.

What you are getting at is perhaps, the interpretation of the data to fir whatever model you are investigating, or the methodologies employed at collection of data, or the analysis of the data, or the conceptualization of the data to measure what you interested in, etc etc.

You seem to be doing an unreasonable job at blowing smoke.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52336 May 13, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
Henry Kissinger
Obama primed to create "New World Order"
http://www.wnd.com/index.php ?
fa=PAGE.view&pageId=85442
Henry Kissinger
Today America would be outraged if UN troops entered
Los Angeles to restore order. Tomorrow they will be
grateful. When presented with this scenario, individual
rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of
their well-being granted to them by the World
Government.
http://www.infowars.com/kissinger-calls-for-a...
yeah thats a relevant fellow
Abolish The Fed

United States

#52337 May 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Please share your basis for this allegation. Dont forget to reference the article.
Data is not right or wrong. Thats like saying your shoe is wrong.
What you are getting at is perhaps, the interpretation of the data to fir whatever model you are investigating, or the methodologies employed at collection of data, or the analysis of the data, or the conceptualization of the data to measure what you interested in, etc etc.
You seem to be doing an unreasonable job at blowing smoke.
By Geoffrey Mohan
May 13, 2013 , 9:40 a.m.
Comments are filtered for language and
registration is required. The Times makes no
guarantee of comments' factual accuracy.
Readers may report inappropriate comments
by clicking the Report Abuse link next to a
comment. Here are the full legal terms you
agree to by using this comment form.
Photos: Bangladesh building
collapse
Photos: The most-visited
national parks in the U.S.
Photos: Barbara Walters'
life in pictures
Photos: 6 great beers: Pale
ale and other superb suds
Photos: The Rolling Stones
in Las Vegas
Membership Services Jobs Cars Real Estate Subscribe Rentals Weekly Circulars Custom Publishing
Corrections The Envelope Media Kit About Us Contact Us Site Map
Burbank Leader Coastline Pilot Daily Pilot Huntington Beach Independent News Press Pasadena Sun Valley Sun KTLA Hoy
Baltimore Sun Chicago Tribune Daily Press Hartford Courant Los Angeles Times Orlando Sentinel Sun Sentinel The Morning Call
Terms of Service Privacy Policy About Our Ads Copyright 2013
A Tribune Newspaper website
Place Ad
SCIENCE
LOCAL U.S. WORLD BUSINESS SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT HEALTH LIVING TRAVEL OPINION SHOP
TRENDING NOW ABORTION DOCTOR VERDICT LEILA FOWLER NEW ORLEANS SHOOTING O.J. SIMPSON BARBARA WALTERS
Carbon dioxide in
atmosphere did not break
400 ppm at Hawaii site
97
Yes No
Will we reduce the level of atmospheric
carbon?
Your take?
See more »
Carbon dioxide measurements in the Earth's
atmosphere did not break the symbolic
milestone of 400 parts per million at a
Hawaiian observatory last week, according
to a revised reading from the nation's
climate observers.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric
Administration (NOAA) revised its May 9
reading at the Mauna Loa observatory in
Hawaii, saying it remained fractions of a
point below the level of 400 ppm, at 399.89.
Individual readings at any of NOAA's
observation stations are subject to revision
on a regular basis. Sometimes a data point
is moved to another set when the sets are
adjusted for the international date line.
While scientists and environmentalists have
used the daily milestone to highlight the
buildup of greenhouse gases generated by
human activities, it's the rate of rise that is
most important.
That rate, measured by the Keeling Curve,
shows atmospheric CO2 levels are rising at
unprecedented rates, driven largely by the
burning of fossil fuels over the past two
centuries. The curve, pioneered in 1958 by
scientist Charles D. Keeling, is the longest-
running tally of carbon dioxide levels in the
atmosphere and is maintained by the
Scripps Institution of Oceanography in San
Diego. Readings there hit 399.46 Saturday.
The weekly average reading at Mauna Loa
was 399.52 last week, up nearly 22 points
from a decade ago, according to the NOAA.
Many scientists have warned that carbon
dioxide readings must be brought down to
350 ppm to avoid severe climate impacts
and stall "feedback loops" that will
exacerbate the rise.
http://www.latimes.com/news/science/scienceno...
Abolish The Fed

United States

#52339 May 13, 2013
Share
Tweet 28
Comments 3
Email Share
Tweet 28
By Geoffrey Mohan
May 13, 2013 , 9:40 a.m.
Comments are filtered for language and
registration is required. The Times makes no
guarantee of comments' factual accuracy.
Readers may report inappropriate comments
by clicking the Report Abuse link next to a
comment. Here are the full legal terms you
agree to by using this comment form.
Photos: Bangladesh building
collapse
Photos: The most-visited
national parks in the U.S.
Photos: Barbara Walters'
life in pictures
Photos: 6 great beers: Pale
ale and other superb suds
Photos: The Rolling Stones
in Las Vegas
Membership Services Jobs Cars Real Estate Subscribe Rentals Weekly Circulars Custom Publishing
Corrections The Envelope Media Kit About Us Contact Us Site Map
Burbank Leader Coastline Pilot Daily Pilot Huntington Beach Independent News Press Pasadena Sun Valley Sun KTLA Hoy
Baltimore Sun Chicago Tribune Daily Press Hartford Courant Los Angeles Times Orlando Sentinel Sun Sentinel The Morning Call
Terms of Service Privacy Policy About Our Ads Copyright 2013
A Tribune Newspaper website
Place Ad
SCIENCE
LOCAL U.S. WORLD BUSINESS SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT HEALTH LIVING TRAVEL OPINION SHOP
TRENDING NOW ABORTION DOCTOR VERDICT LEILA FOWLER NEW ORLEANS SHOOTING O.J. SIMPSON BARBARA WALTERS
Carbon dioxide in
atmosphere did not break
400 ppm at Hawaii site

http://www.latimes.com/news/science/scienceno...
Abolish The Fed

United States

#52340 May 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah thats a relevant fellow
Oh? You dont think so?
Abolish The Fed

United States

#52341 May 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Please share your basis for this allegation. Dont forget to reference the article.
Data is not right or wrong. Thats like saying your shoe is wrong.
What you are getting at is perhaps, the interpretation of the data to fir whatever model you are investigating, or the methodologies employed at collection of data, or the analysis of the data, or the conceptualization of the data to measure what you interested in, etc etc.
You seem to be doing an unreasonable job at blowing smoke.
So.......the data was wrong.
Abolish The Fed

United States

#52342 May 13, 2013
A torando travels across the horizon on May 23, 2008, near Quinter,
Kan.
by Doyle Rice, USA TODAY
Published: 05/10/2013 10:52am
The USA in the past 12 months has seen the fewest number of
tornadoes since at least 1954, and the death tolls from the dangerous
storms have dropped dramatically since 2011.
Just two years after a ferocious series of tornado outbreaks killed
hundreds of Americans, the USA so far this year is enjoying one of the
calmest years on record for twisters. Through Thursday, tornadoes
have killed only three Americans in 2013; by the end of May 2011, 543
Americans had died.
The seven people killed from May 2012 to April 2013 is the fewest in a
12-month period since five people died in September 1899-August
1900, according to Harold Brooks, research meteorologist with the
National Severe Storms Laboratory in Norman, Okla.
The year-to-date count of tornadoes is probably approaching the lower
10% of all years on record, said Greg Carbin, warning coordination
meteorologist with the Storm Prediction Center in Norman.
The reason: An unusually cool weather pattern from the Rockies to the
East Coast. "Generally, the lower the temperature and/or the drier the
air, the lower the number of thunderstorms," said AccuWeather
meteorologist Alex Sosnowski.
Severe thunderstorms produce tornadoes, along with large hail and
high winds.
So far in May — usually the USA's most active month — only three
tornadoes have formed. All have been rated EF-0 on the Fujita scale of
tornado intensity. EF-0 is the weakest rating for tornadoes, with wind
speeds of about 65-85 mph.

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2148075
Abolish The Fed

United States

#52343 May 13, 2013
Distinguished physicist Dr. William Happer:'The
incredible list of supposed horrors that increasing
carbon dioxide will bring the world is pure belief
disguised as science'

The demonized chemical compound is a boon to plant life and has
little correlation with global temperature.
By HARRISON H. SCHMITT AND WILLIAM HAPPER
WSJ.COM 5/8/13: Of all of the world's chemical compounds, none
has a worse reputation than carbon dioxide. Thanks to the single-
minded demonization of this natural and essential atmospheric gas by
advocates of government control of energy production, the
conventional wisdom about carbon dioxide is that it is a dangerous
pollutant. That's simply not the case. Contrary to what some would
have us believe, increased carbon dioxide in the atmosphere will
benefit the increasing population on the planet by increasing
agricultural productivity.
The cessation of observed global warming for the past decade or so
has shown how exaggerated NASA's and most other computer
predictions of human-caused warming have been—and how little
correlation warming has with concentrations of atmospheric carbon
dioxide. As many scientists have pointed out, variations in global
temperature correlate much better with solar activity and with
complicated cycles of the oceans and atmosphere. There isn't the
slightest evidence that more carbon dioxide has caused more extreme
weather.
The current levels of carbon dioxide in the earth's atmosphere,
approaching 400 parts per million, are low by the standards of
geological and plant evolutionary history. Levels were 3,000 ppm, or
more, until the Paleogene period (beginning about 65 million years
ago). For most plants, and for the animals and humans that use
them, more carbon dioxide, far from being a "pollutant" in need of
reduction, would be a benefit. This is already widely recognized by
operators of commercial greenhouses, who artificially increase the
carbon dioxide levels to 1,000 ppm or more to improve the growth
and quality of their plants.

http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/2013/05/dis...
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#52344 May 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> hey porky, you probably know krav maga too?
rabbee: once having a black belt, i am sure i knew a variation of it's equivalent. the killing or incompacitating zones of the physical human body, does not change.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#52345 May 13, 2013
hot on the wire, ap press. found out that their phone lines, phone logs, and some 400 lan and cell phones were being easdropped by the feds. apparently the second amendment, is not the only one under their own guns.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52346 May 13, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have any morals you would agree that whether it is a group of people or individuals that conspire to strip you of your property , its wrong.
I think the question is: whose property is it?

We may not agree on that.

And how important are our possessions?

Life isn't really all about stuff.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52347 May 13, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
.And those facts that you rely on that acts of congress are applicable to me?
And if a church congregation in your neighborhood gets together and decides that you owe a tax because you live in their district it is justified even if they take your property by force, according to your logic.


A church or a VFW club or a gas station or a strip club.....

Not sure where we're going with this or why.

Are you saying the tax laws apply to everyone but you?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52348 May 13, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm no
But that same constitution states that persons or property shall not be seized absent a warrant.
So you're saying that taxing and seizing are synonymous?

Interesting. Though evidently the law doesn't see it this way.

Best to get over it.
Abolish The Fed

United States

#52349 May 13, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the question is: whose property is it?
We may not agree on that.
And how important are our possessions?
Life isn't really all about stuff.
Cool I'll be over tomorrow for your flat screen.

That is where you are missing the point, If a group of people get together and determine that your property is theirs, that suddenly makes it moral?
Abolish The Fed

United States

#52350 May 13, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
A church or a VFW club or a gas station or a strip club.....
Not sure where we're going with this or why.
Are you saying the tax laws apply to everyone but you?
Don't worry about where it's going, answer the question.

No, I am asking for the facts that the law applies to anyone.

The federal government isn't the ground.
Abolish The Fed

United States

#52351 May 13, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying that taxing and seizing are synonymous?
Interesting. Though evidently the law doesn't see it this way.
Best to get over it.
What law doesn't see it that way?

seizing is the act of taking.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52352 May 14, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric
Administration (NOAA) revised its May 9
reading at the Mauna Loa observatory in
Hawaii, saying it remained fractions of a
point below the level of 400 ppm, at 399.89.
I cant even believe you bothered to post this as an argument of some type.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52353 May 14, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
Distinguished physicist Dr. William Happer:'The
incredible list of supposed horrors that increasing
carbon dioxide will bring the world is pure belief
disguised as science'
The demonized chemical compound is a boon to plant life and has
little correlation with global temperature.
By HARRISON H. SCHMITT AND WILLIAM HAPPER
WSJ.COM 5/8/13: Of all of the world's chemical compounds, none
has a worse reputation than carbon dioxide. Thanks to the single-
minded demonization of this natural and essential atmospheric gas by
advocates of government control of energy production, the
conventional wisdom about carbon dioxide is that it is a dangerous
pollutant. That's simply not the case. Contrary to what some would
have us believe, increased carbon dioxide in the atmosphere will
benefit the increasing population on the planet by increasing
agricultural productivity.
The cessation of observed global warming for the past decade or so
has shown how exaggerated NASA's and most other computer
predictions of human-caused warming have been—and how little
correlation warming has with concentrations of atmospheric carbon
dioxide. As many scientists have pointed out, variations in global
temperature correlate much better with solar activity and with
complicated cycles of the oceans and atmosphere. There isn't the
slightest evidence that more carbon dioxide has caused more extreme
weather.
The current levels of carbon dioxide in the earth's atmosphere,
approaching 400 parts per million, are low by the standards of
geological and plant evolutionary history. Levels were 3,000 ppm, or
more, until the Paleogene period (beginning about 65 million years
ago). For most plants, and for the animals and humans that use
them, more carbon dioxide, far from being a "pollutant" in need of
reduction, would be a benefit. This is already widely recognized by
operators of commercial greenhouses, who artificially increase the
carbon dioxide levels to 1,000 ppm or more to improve the growth
and quality of their plants.
http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/2013/05/dis...
Interesting interpretation but exactly HOW does that contradict the article I posted?

Please, instead of mindlessly citing articles, explain what your gripe is.

BTW - the topic of the end point of your slightly off topic cite has been covered many many times by me here. I am happy to open that front if you want. You DO understand the difference in plant metabolisms? C3 vs C4 vs CAM? And the effect of latitude on photosythesis? Because that determines a species response to CO2. Not all plant species are equal (which is why we cant grow tropical grades of wheat)

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52354 May 14, 2013
http://www.gsa.vt.edu/documents/2012projects/... The effects of elevated CO2and heat on plants

"....As a result, it is quite evident that while increased levels of CO2 and heat can increase the rate of photosynthesis, most noticeably seen in C3 plants; however, the beneficial effects are only
temporary, and photosynthetic acclimation will occur. Eventually, the quality of crops will
drastically diminish, and will harm all plants. This is why our world’s agriculture is at risk with
the rate of CO2 doubling in the next century because elevated effects will harm plants’ ability to grow and survive, simply because plants are not able to withstand such extreme CO2 and heat
factors (Kirkham, 2011)....

...C3 and C4 plants each individually respond differently to an elevated level of CO2. The vast
majority of the world’s plants are C3 plants and their cells are not completely saturated in CO2
(Smith, 2012)....

....Therefore, at the levels where carbon dioxide assimilation occurs in C3 plants, 95% of the planet’s plants, they will no longer be able
to thrive (Sherwood, 2012). This will lead to an inhibited rate in photosynthesis and oxygen
emissions from the vast majority of the world’s plants.....

....Because wild vegetation has not been
specially bred and altered to use carbon dioxide to add to its fruits, wild plants will be seen to
cover more area and be overall healthier to the increased global carbon dioxide.

ALSO

C3 vs C4
http://wc.pima.edu/~bfiero/tucsonecology/plan...

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/bi...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 5 hr scurall 5,066
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 5 hr pies 15,993
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 5 hr ploppers 200,936
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Mon GOP bull 2,265
The inconvenient 17-year pause in global warming (Sep '13) Sep 12 Earthling-1 123
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 11 gotti jr 9
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Sep 10 refer13 1,513
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••