Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,008
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#52239 May 12, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
These same people denying the truth will be eventually saying "so what, the war was necessary" .
Just like The Gulf of Tonkin was staged, the government apologists always claim that it was necessary.
That is how the bigots work. One standard for themselves and another for others.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52240 May 13, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
These same people denying the truth will be eventually saying "so what, the war was necessary" .
Just like The Gulf of Tonkin was staged, the government apologists always claim that it was necessary.
To show how asinine your alleged conspiracy is, at least 50% of the US population, including the current fed govt believes the Iraq war was not necessary. So,where is the conspiracy?

Location hidden

#52241 May 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is how the bigots work. One standard for themselves and another for others.
Aligning yourself with a paranoid does not shine brightly on you. As him about One World government some time.

Location hidden

#52242 May 13, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you correcting my spelling? Your spelling is atrocious at times.
Nope. I am correcting your use of scientific terminology. Data is data. I believe what you are referring to is interpretation of the data. Not that I would want to put any sense in what you said.

But if you are going to make a broad based generalization (and lets assume I divined correctly what your intent was even though you butchered the presentation) you need to follow up with a concrete example.

I cited an article. What EXACTLY in it is are you uncomfortable with? And what do you specifically base your observations on with regard to that article?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#52243 May 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

And you didnt waste the last few years in a cult.
I've quit the dangerous cult that I was affiliated to for many years.

When are you going to quit the cult called Judaism that's based on demon-worship?

Anyway, stay safe.

Location hidden

#52244 May 13, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
When are you going to quit the cult called Judaism that's based on demon-worship?
Anyway, stay safe.
Incorrect usage of the word cult

Definition of CULT

: formal religious veneration : worship
: a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents
: a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents
: a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cults>
a : great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad
b : the object of such devotion
c : a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion

Location hidden

#52245 May 13, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have socially disconnected yourself, but you still carry around prejudices, so I would rate you as achieving partial progress.

But thats ok. No one grows to fruition overnight. Except perhaps night blooming poppies.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52246 May 13, 2013
Huggy -

Hope you had a good Mother's Day.

I would have gotten you red roses if I could have.

xo

Location hidden

#52247 May 13, 2013
former res wrote:
Huggy -
Hope you had a good Mother's Day.
I would have gotten you red roses if I could have.
xo
What do you think about the IRS "targeting" the Tea Party? Do you think it is ethical or not?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52248 May 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think about the IRS "targeting" the Tea Party? Do you think it is ethical or not?
Doesn't sound too good for the administration.

I think this thing will have legs.

The folks who are saying it's an example of tyranny are probably right.

The real test of one's convictions is supporting the freedoms of those with whom we disagree.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52249 May 13, 2013
ps...not to sound too preachy.

Location hidden

#52250 May 13, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
The real test of one's convictions is supporting the freedoms of those with whom we disagree.
I dont have a problem with it. Unless there is evidence that prosecution were handled any differently, which so far, there isnt.

The Tea Party is not only a political group (they run candidates) but they promote tax aversion. It would seem to me that this is exactly what the IRS should be investigating.

I dont get the backlash.

Location hidden

#52251 May 13, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont get how IRS investigation is implicitly tyrannical.

Lets look at a false equivalence that is being bandied around. Black people being pulled over by cops. That is wrong. In that situation, there is no reason to believe that black people are more guilty of a potential crime than white people, therefore profiling for the purpose of investigation is wrong.

But in the case of the Tea Party - these people are actually advocating illegal behavior. Therefore, the potential is there. Plus they are not acting as individuals, they are filing as an organization with voluntary membership. So it makes sense to profile the organization.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52252 May 13, 2013
I didn't know the tea party groups were advocating illegal activities. Is this isolated or widespread? Are they promoting tax evasion? I never heard this.

Tax aversion (not liking taxes) and tax evasion (a federal crime) or two different things.

I also didn't hear this as a defense or justification by the IRS in response. Only that it was lower level employees. Though I haven't read a whole lot about it yet.

Hadn't heard the comparison with DWB (driving while black) issue. That sort of profiling is wrong. The kind that AL EL does is right and we should be doing the same, political correctness aside.(Those folks know how to run a relatively safe airline.) I think we agree on this.

On the face of it, though a federal gov't agency targeting groups of Americans for increased scrutiny based on their free speech/political views sounds and looks pretty bad to me.
Abolish The Fed

United States

#52253 May 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
To show how asinine your alleged conspiracy is, at least 50% of the US population, including the current fed govt believes the Iraq war was not necessary. So,where is the conspiracy?
The argument is about the conspiracy, not necessity, anyway those things change over time (people's views).
Not quite sure about that poll because i saw one where Iraq was some how tied to 9/11.
The afgan was was unecessary as well.
Abolish The Fed

United States

#52254 May 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnt know a federal government had thoughts and feelings.

Location hidden

#52255 May 13, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
The argument is about the conspiracy, not necessity, anyway those things change over time (people's views).
Not quite sure about that poll because i saw one where Iraq was some how tied to 9/11.
The afgan was was unecessary as well.
You do realize that an election was won partly over this issue?

Only a few right wingers still believe that Iraq was behind 911. And lots of people, myself included initially supported the war but still never thought for a moment that there was a 911 connection. Rather, we thought there were WMDs.

Location hidden

#52256 May 13, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnt know a federal government had thoughts and feelings.
Fed governmnent is staffed by humans.

You need to get out of your basement more often.

Anyway, I see you gave up on the CO2 article critique. Does science give you a head ache?

Location hidden

#52257 May 13, 2013
former res wrote:
I didn't know the tea party groups were advocating illegal activities. Is this isolated or widespread? Are they promoting tax evasion? I never heard this.
Tax aversion (not liking taxes) and tax evasion (a federal crime) or two different things.
I also didn't hear this as a defense or justification by the IRS in response. Only that it was lower level employees. Though I haven't read a whole lot about it yet.
Hadn't heard the comparison with DWB (driving while black) issue. That sort of profiling is wrong. The kind that AL EL does is right and we should be doing the same, political correctness aside.(Those folks know how to run a relatively safe airline.) I think we agree on this.
On the face of it, though a federal gov't agency targeting groups of Americans for increased scrutiny based on their free speech/political views sounds and looks pretty bad to me.
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/0220/Joe-St... (page)/2

The Southern Poverty Law Center's Intelligence Project counts five known domestic terrorist plots against the IRS in the past 15 years. Tensions are rising as federal tax authorities have begun stepping up collection efforts in the midst of flagging tax receipts.

"There's been an explosive growth of anti-government militias and so-called Patriot groups over the past year, and the central idea of many of them is that taxes are completely illegitimate," Intelligence Project editor Mark Potok tells Fox News.

Itís not just conservatives, either. Part of the tax resistance movement is left-wing resisters who donít want their tax money spent on foreign wars..."
----------

plus the fact that these groups are political parties - which I beleive is in violation of 5013c (in some way - not an expert)

Location hidden

#52258 May 13, 2013
former res wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tax-Resistance...

Excerpt: The Tea Party movement (TPM) is an American populist political movement which is generally recognized as conservative and libertarian, and has sponsored protests and supported political candidates since 2009. It endorses reduced government spending, opposition to taxation in varying degrees, reduction of the national debt and federal budget deficit, and adherence to an originalist interpretation of the United States Constitution. The name "Tea Party" is a re...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 12 Alex Montgomery 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
the music thread (Apr '12) Dec 2 Musikologist 18
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web