Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,402
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Voluntarist

United States

#51807 May 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never seen a case exactly on point, but I can see how it could happen. Speaking solely of Illinois, while the city can set minimum standards for subdivision improvements (lot size, building height, lot coverage, etc.), developers are permitted to set more stringent standards in the declaration of subdivision. Developers set higher standards to keep home values to a certain level. Before the advent of HOA, someone in the subdivision had to sue to enforce the declaration. Now with HOA, there is a policing body.
The Illinois Supreme Court just handed down an opinion that those who buy in a subdivision with a declaration, HOA, and HOA rules have agreed to abide by those pronouncements. It's a contractual relationship. Some attorney got pulled over for speeding by a rent-a-cop hired by the HOA. He litigated over the question of whether the HOA could establish a private police force. The IL Supreme Court said that since the attorney was a homeowner in the subdivision, he agreed by contract to abide by the HOA rules. http://www.state.il.us/court/Opinions/Supreme...
Sounds voluntary.
Voluntarist

United States

#51808 May 6, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe it would work.
And it's not the form of government we have choses for ourselves.
We trumpet our form of gov't around the world - which I think is overblown.
I don't personally believe in "American Exceptionalism."
Do you?
<quoted text>
Depends on the context.
If the property holder has millions in unpaid debts....and the creditor is attempting to make himself whole again...then, yes - it is ok if done within the law.
Recall I mentioned personal responsibility (and accountability).
Ok so is it moral to you for someone to provide a service by force?

Is it moral to you for someone to take property by force in order to hand it to someone else absent a contractual breach?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#51809 May 6, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok so is it moral to you for someone to provide a service by force?
Is it moral to you for someone to take property by force in order to hand it to someone else absent a contractual breach?
I don't agree with everything my gov't does.

I didn't believe in W using my tax dollars to invade the wrong country in 2002.

That was a taking of my property (my money) for a reason I didn't agree with. This was also enriching private contractors - Halliburton etc. Why should I line the pockets of Cheney's friends and colleagues?

But you asked me if it was moral. Moral - no. But ethical, strictly speaking - yes. It was within the law.

Laws under a form of gov't with which I agree. I have no better form of gov't to propose.

I don't believe in allowing the perfect becoming the enemy of the good.

Do believe in social contracts?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_contract

In political philosophy the social contract or political contractis a theory or model, originating during the Age of Enlightenment, that typically addresses the questions of the origin of society and the legitimacy of the authority of the state over the individual.[1] Social contract arguments typically posit that individuals have consented, either explicitly or tacitly, to surrender some of their freedoms and submit to the authority of the ruler or magistrate (or to the decision of a majority), in exchange for protection of their remaining rights. The question of the relation between natural and legal rights, therefore, is often an aspect of social contract theory.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#51810 May 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
So agree you dont have the right to bear arms?
rabbee: yes and when in the forrest, you have the right to bear arms too. and your name, could be forever changed to clawed too.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#51811 May 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, if it is for the greater good. There are no absolute rights, remember?
And who defines OK? Surely not "the bible" so it is a matter of interpretation/democracy.
rabbee: well people tend to forget, the representatives of this nation are not the government.
JOEL

Thane, India

#51812 May 6, 2013
JOEL GOES FAR BEYOND NIKOLA TESLA WITH THE ENTIRE IDEA OF THE VIBROMETER WORKED OUT JUST NOW:

How?

1) The VIBROMETER - a device that would have the capacity to revive dead tissue, set right disordered nerve currents, correct irregular cellular rhythms and resurrect the dead.

2) This idea came to me many years ago on account of a certain yogic experience caused by the descent of the higher force into my being. The effects were so pronounced that in that charged condition I observed that whatever I touched or simply glanced at became extra-animated and in the cases of drooping leaves or flowers they revived within seconds.

3) This yogic experience gave me the hint that if this higher force with its electromagnetic (em) manifestation could be directed towards any irregular vibration or towards any organic substance (and towards any inorganic substance) that had lost its functional capacity then a remedy or a revival in the abnormal condition could easily be executed.

4) How could this higher force with its em manifestation be generated in a device posed the biggest challenge to me.

5) One cannot have a yogi connected to an electrical device to keep constantly bringing down the higher force and causing it to enter the circuitry of the device and then in this fully operational condition the charged device would be applied to the tissues, cells, nerves and dead bodies to engineer a regeneration. This would be ridiculous.

So, what is the way out?

7) How can the specific higher force with its concomitant physical vibration be spontaneously generated in a device? I had a rough idea about the method to be employed since years but the details were not in place and I thought that if it's just a matter of discovering and applying the correct frequencies of the electromagnetic force to tissues, nerves, cells and corpses to revive them then, well, the crass materialistic scientists would have achieved grand success by now and would be boasting about it.

8) Then I realized that it was not just a case of discovering the right range of em frequencies but that something subtler which formed the basis of the electromagnetic force would have to be directly connected to the electromagnetic force in its activated form for the correct em frequencies to be generated.

9) Simply studying tissues, nerves, cells and dead bodies in an inferential manner would merely reproduce the outer effects - the range of em frequencies - but would this be complete since the higher force is always at the root of generating the correct frequencies which then manifest as a range of em impulses? So, by simply arriving at a set of em frequencies in lab experiments is insufficient as the entire gamut of frequencies needed would be missing without the activated higher force attached to the frontal em vibrations and so one would fail to achieve success or the success would be very partial and would ultimately not succeed.

10) I was at a loss till today and the solution evaded my mind.

11) Just a few minutes ago, while lying down in bed since the higher force is at present descending into me with pressure, I thought about the vibrometer and in a flash the entire method of engineering the device with the detailed method of generating the higher force and its em counterpart arose in my semi-tranced mind and I tell you it's perfect.

12) EUREKA!!!!

I've discovered how it can be done but am keeping it SECRET for now!
JOEL

Thane, India

#51814 May 6, 2013
Thou informest, I execute!
JOEL

Thane, India

#51815 May 6, 2013
I revived sufficiently to type the great news concerning the intuitive discovery with all the details of the method of engineering this most unique device called the vibrometer but I now need to rest since the higher force is coming down into me with great pressure. Mom, Dad and Tina, be happy for me. May your disembodied psychics rest in peace. Bye.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#51816 May 6, 2013
JOEL wrote:
8) Then I realized that it was not just a case of discovering the right range of em frequencies but that something subtler which formed the basis of the electromagnetic force would have to be directly connected to the electromagnetic force in its activated form for the correct em frequencies to be generated.
LOL

What a dunce.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#51817 May 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
http://www.salon.com/2013/05/06/my_virginity_...
My virginity mistake
I took an abstinence pledge hoping it would ensure a strong marriage. Instead, it led to a quick divorce
Frijoles---My virginity mistake

HughBe--- Is in believing that INDULGING in rear sex would make you remain a virgin.
Loving it you have reciprocated and reciprocated the "favour" until you are a Chief among your kind.

Bye-bye, virginity.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#51818 May 6, 2013
Hello Huggybear,

I stopped into a little Jamaican-run restaurant up here the other day.

The jerk chicken and pork were excellent.

Do you enjoy the spices and jerk preparation of meats?(The BBQ there looked very good too.)

I believe you already told me you don't drink the Blue Mountain coffee. Is this for religious reasons? I could understand you're avoiding the Red Stripe beverage which I also enjoyed while visiting your island paradise.

Are you staying clean of body and mind?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#51819 May 6, 2013
former res wrote:
Hello Huggybear,
I stopped into a little Jamaican-run restaurant up here the other day.
The jerk chicken and pork were excellent.
Do you enjoy the spices and jerk preparation of meats?(The BBQ there looked very good too.)
I believe you already told me you don't drink the Blue Mountain coffee. Is this for religious reasons? I could understand you're avoiding the Red Stripe beverage which I also enjoyed while visiting your island paradise.
Are you staying clean of body and mind?
Former--Hello Huggybear,

HughBe---Hi dear

Former--I stopped into a little Jamaican-run restaurant up here the other day.

HughBe--- Good, next time try a big Jamaican-run restaurant.

Former--The jerk chicken and pork were excellent.

HughBe--- Naturally

Former--Do you enjoy the spices and jerk preparation of meats?(The BBQ there looked very good too.)

HughBe--- YES i.e. chicken. I no longer EAT pork.

Former---I believe you already told me you don't drink the Blue Mountain coffee.

HughBe--- Correct but I intend to start.

Former-- Is this for religious reasons?

HughBe--- No, it is a question of taste meaning I am not a coffee person I am a milo person. Coffee has health benefits and so I shall start consuming for health reasons including Bamboo's health.

Former--I could understand you're avoiding the Red Stripe beverage which I also enjoyed while visiting your island paradise.

HughBe--- You should come back to paradise and when you do you should try the local flesh.

Former---Are you staying clean of body and mind?

HughBe--- I take it as a rhetorical question but yes and certainly by man's standard PERFECTLY.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#51820 May 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never seen a case exactly on point, but I can see how it could happen. Speaking solely of Illinois, while the city can set minimum standards for subdivision improvements (lot size, building height, lot coverage, etc.), developers are permitted to set more stringent standards in the declaration of subdivision. Developers set higher standards to keep home values to a certain level. Before the advent of HOA, someone in the subdivision had to sue to enforce the declaration. Now with HOA, there is a policing body.

The Illinois Supreme Court just handed down an opinion that those who buy in a subdivision with a declaration, HOA, and HOA rules have agreed to abide by those pronouncements. It's a contractual relationship. Some attorney got pulled over for speeding by a rent-a-cop hired by the HOA. He litigated over the question of whether the HOA could establish a private police force. The IL Supreme Court said that since the attorney was a homeowner in the subdivision, he agreed by contract to abide by the HOA rules. http://www.state.il.us/court/Opinions/Supreme...
Interesting. SO if you got pulled over, and you were not a resident, the rent-a-cop would have no jurisdiction.?? The residents must love that.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#51821 May 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. SO if you got pulled over, and you were not a resident, the rent-a-cop would have no jurisdiction.?? The residents must love that.
That seems to be where the IL Supreme Court was going.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#51822 May 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- YES i.e. chicken. I no longer EAT pork.
Former---I believe you already told me you don't drink the Blue Mountain coffee.
HughBe--- Correct but I intend to start.
Former-- Is this for religious reasons?
HughBe--- No, it is a question of taste meaning I am not a coffee person I am a milo person. Coffee has health benefits and so I shall start consuming for health reasons including Bamboo's health.
Former--I could understand you're avoiding the Red Stripe beverage which I also enjoyed while visiting your island paradise.
HughBe--- You should come back to paradise and when you do you should try the local flesh.
"Local flesh?" you say. Can you be more specific? Whose or what flesh were you offering? Perhaps your sister's?

I see you have a sweet tooth:

Milo (pron.:/&#712;ma&#618; lo&#650;/) is a chocolate and malt powder which is mixed with hot or cold water and/or milk to produce a beverage popular in many parts of the world. Produced by Nestlé, Milo was originally developed by Thomas Mayne in Sydney, Australia in 1934.[1] It is marketed and sold in many countries around the world.

Was that a yes or no about the Red Strip beer?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#51823 May 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well i do not care if you are from california, driving in colorado, or from burlington driving in denver. if you get caught breaking the law, your going to get pulled over. so therefore an hoa ordinance, is no different than any town ordanance. as long as they do not violate, the us, state or city constitutions.

their jurisdiction is considered as legal, no matter who drives in their cities, towns, or hoa. an hoa is, a soverign township. unless they are considered as illegal, in your state.

and technically speaking, if an hoa is not large enough. to afford a police and fire dept. the state, county, or city, is required to supply this. because you do pay, property tax assements too.

Location hidden

#51824 May 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds a lot like Voluntarist's voluntary government.

Sorry, I just raped, robbed and mutilated your relatives, but since I didnt buy into your self government, there is nothing you can do about it.....
Eric

Roselle, IL

#51825 May 6, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well i do not care if you are from california, driving in colorado, or from burlington driving in denver. if you get caught breaking the law, your going to get pulled over. so therefore an hoa ordinance, is no different than any town ordanance. as long as they do not violate, the us, state or city constitutions.
their jurisdiction is considered as legal, no matter who drives in their cities, towns, or hoa. an hoa is, a soverign township. unless they are considered as illegal, in your state.
and technically speaking, if an hoa is not large enough. to afford a police and fire dept. the state, county, or city, is required to supply this. because you do pay, property tax assements too.
You know, Jimmie, I defer to your expertise when we are talking about engineering. I would hope that you would defer to my expertise when we are talking about law.

HOA's are not governmental bodies. They have no authority outside of their members.

In Illinois there are many locations where government cannot provide police patrols that people would like. In the areas outside city limits, there are ways for the people to supplement their taxes to add additional patrols. The IL the Supreme Court has said that subdivisions can pay for rent-a-cops but the limit of their jurisdiction is the members of the subdivision.

State law also allows groups of people to vote to raise their taxes so that the money can go to the sheriff to add additional patrols.

Please stick with engineering and leave the law to others.

Location hidden

#51826 May 6, 2013
East about to be overrun by billions of cicadas

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/article/...

WASHINGTON (AP)— Any day now, billions of cicadas with bulging red eyes will crawl out of the earth after 17 years underground and overrun the East Coast. The insects will arrive in such numbers that people from North Carolina to Connecticut will be outnumbered roughly 600-to-1. Maybe more.

...They're looking for just one thing: sex. And they've been waiting quite a long time....

----------
Sounds a lot like a certain poster from an island...
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#51828 May 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, Jimmie, I defer to your expertise when we are talking about engineering. I would hope that you would defer to my expertise when we are talking about law.
HOA's are not governmental bodies. They have no authority outside of their members.
In Illinois there are many locations where government cannot provide police patrols that people would like. In the areas outside city limits, there are ways for the people to supplement their taxes to add additional patrols. The IL the Supreme Court has said that subdivisions can pay for rent-a-cops but the limit of their jurisdiction is the members of the subdivision.
State law also allows groups of people to vote to raise their taxes so that the money can go to the sheriff to add additional patrols.
Please stick with engineering and leave the law to others.
rabbee: well that is just, so hypocritical sounding. that is like saying, the denver police can't legally arrest anyone from aurora, sheridan or littleton. and hoa's, are a form of governing body.

and i am not as ignorant, of the laws of the many states as you like to think. i have won every court case, i have been involed in. i have never lost, even one court case. and i have never, defended, an obviously guilty person yet. cause i cannot lie, just to spite the system. i shall not bear, false wittness in any court of law. either as a lawyer, juror, judge, or wittness.

if you are trying to say, that an hoa. does not have the right to have their own protection service. you are wrong, according to the law. even in the town of bust colorado, with the perminant population of 1. he is considered as, the local law enforcement. so be careful, drive safely. the life you save, could be the whole town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 hr free for all 5,081
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 15 hr surfs up 7,955
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles 20 hr bubba 69 2
Dennis W (Veeser) from Krakow Wi. Fri Mia 1
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri broombroom 200,976
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Fri scoop 2,273
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey