Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,323)

Showing posts 46,441 - 46,460 of65,118
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally the notion of these restrictions abhor me. But then I moved to a small street and I can see how some could get pissed off at their neighbors parking willy nilly up and down the street in front of others houses.
I had a friend in New Canaan who got in trouble because she washed her car in her driveway. That was a no no - next door neighbor actually called the COPS on her. And they came. Can you imagine?
No doubt neighbors can be a real pain in the axs (and their visitors). Two houses a ago we had a partially shared driveway. What were we thinking?!

New Canann is even richer than Greenwich. But I never heard of a place where you couldn't wash your car in your own driveway. Are you sure it wasn't a time of water restriction?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesnt matter, it is an example of a voluntary government and works through a real contract unlike the imaginary social contract that you talk about.
But partial governments are a dime a dozen. heck, my College fraternity was a shadow government.

We were giving you an opportunity to promote your ideas as a PRACTICAL ALTERNATIVE to the type of societal organization that has been necessary, and that has been somewhat involuntary, and that has emerged over the last, say, 20000 years (I am starting my timeline with the retreat of the glaciers, I could start earlier if you wish).

You have failed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Then that wouldnt be voluntary, it is a deed restriction I believe that you have to consent.
not always - if there are common infrastructure to be maintained there may already be an legal organization in place - and how to enlarge the obligations and responsibilities of that organization in most likelihood follows there articles of incorp which may or may not not include deed restrictions.

Eric would know more about this/
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Then that wouldnt be voluntary, it is a deed restriction I believe that you have to consent.
You don't consent to eminent domain either.

When you buy the house, you consent but correct - in my example it is NOT voluntary. The HOA was formed AFTER you moved in.

Tyranny of the majority.

That's the way most things work in Western Democracies.

Where else would you rather live? Iran?
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Anarchy.
Everybody does what they want, when they want, how they want.
You think everyone in society would do well with this sort of system?
You think every single one of us is a good, decent, hardworking person who only wants to do the right thing at all times?
And you also believe in the Easter Bunny?
Don't you think you sound a little on the silly side?
ATF?? Crickets.....
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't consent to eminent domain either.
When you buy the house, you consent but correct - in my example it is NOT voluntary. The HOA was formed AFTER you moved in.
Tyranny of the majority.
That's the way most things work in Western Democracies.
Where else would you rather live? Iran?
No, the hoa is agreed upon, consent.
First when it is created the home owner has to agree and then when ownership is transferred it is a deed restriction.
The buyer is fully aware of the hoa.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt neighbors can be a real pain in the axs (and their visitors). Two houses a ago we had a partially shared driveway. What were we thinking?!
New Canann is even richer than Greenwich. But I never heard of a place where you couldn't wash your car in your own driveway. Are you sure it wasn't a time of water restriction?
Its been a lot of years, so I dont know. My friend WAS a bit crazy. I never understood why the cops enforced it either considering it was supposedly a neighborhood rule. I do know for a fact police were involved.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: voluntary according to whom, the realtors associating that formed to governs it? getting voluenteered into something, does not constitute true volunteerism. when you must consider housing market situations, plus cost and price. and most people in any hoa, do not really understand what they are getting into. and cannot even comprehend, how they are paying double the property tax.
and even if you, live within a hoa. the city or state, will not take care of your roads, or utilities. but you still have to pay the state and or city tax for them. and the hoa association, has even been known, to sell someones home without the owners permission. the hoa is a republic, not a democracy.
It is an example of a voluntary government, the only problem is the deed restriction which couldnt happen in a voluntary society.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
not always - if there are common infrastructure to be maintained there may already be an legal organization in place - and how to enlarge the obligations and responsibilities of that organization in most likelihood follows there articles of incorp which may or may not not include deed restrictions.
Eric would know more about this/
When it is first created it involves consent then whrn the house is sold it is a deed restriction.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Undemocratic

Some scholars and the AARP charge that in a variety of ways HOAs suppress the rights of their residents.[17] Due to their nature as a non-governmental entity, HOA boards of directors are not bound by constitutional restrictions on governments, although they are essentially a de facto level of government.[18]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeowner_assoc...
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
It is an example of a voluntary government, the only problem is the deed restriction which couldnt happen in a voluntary society.
rabbee: well that is like saying hud, is totally voluntary because you are poor or incapacitated. as if you volunteered to be old, poor, or physically handicapped.

you make is sound as if, i volunteered to be born in this nation? when being volunteered, is not volunteering. having no other options, is not the act of volunteerism.

i actually thought, i volunteered for something once. untill i realized, i was commanded to do it. so that is not even, really volunteering.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

former res wrote:
Undemocratic
Some scholars and the AARP charge that in a variety of ways HOAs suppress the rights of their residents.[17] Due to their nature as a non-governmental entity, HOA boards of directors are not bound by constitutional restrictions on governments, although they are essentially a de facto level of government.[18]
HOA vs local zoning

http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/1610...

this makes the general claim that the HOA can be more restrictive, but I am pretty sure in CT this isnt always the case
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But partial governments are a dime a dozen. heck, my College fraternity was a shadow government.
We were giving you an opportunity to promote your ideas as a PRACTICAL ALTERNATIVE to the type of societal organization that has been necessary, and that has been somewhat involuntary, and that has emerged over the last, say, 20000 years (I am starting my timeline with the retreat of the glaciers, I could start earlier if you wish).
You have failed.
No, you asked for an example of a voluntary government and you got one, cased closed.

I dont have a problem with goods and services a government provides, it is the idea of force that i have a problem with.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

former res wrote:
Undemocratic
Who cares there is no such thing as absolute rights.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

You are exhibiting mental symptoms.
The problem with you is that you're wholly on the surface and cannot think deeply or holistically.

All this reflects your inferior intellectual capacities.

By debating with perverse, unethical, devious and unintelligent posters like FORMER RES, FRIJOLES, HUGH and the like you're degrading yourself further since they've nothing constructive to say.

LOL.

You've failed to understand the mind-matter model which can explain every idea or entity in depth since that (mind-matter) is the reality.

Now, crawl back into your hovel as you rattle your tiny brain trying to figure this one out.

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

I will put you out of my mind and you will disappear.
ROFL.

The idiot has failed to understand the mind-matter model which applies to everything in the universe.

LOL.
Eric

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
HOA vs local zoning
http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/1610...
this makes the general claim that the HOA can be more restrictive, but I am pretty sure in CT this isnt always the case
See the cases out of Illinois where HOA rules that forbade placement of objects in corridors were ruled not to apply to mezuzah.
Eric

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

rather than give you court cases, here is a pretty good synopsis from wikipedia (as much as I dislike wiki, the footnotes will take you to the correct place for further info).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
See the cases out of Illinois where HOA rules that forbade placement of objects in corridors were ruled not to apply to mezuzah.
what about subdivision? HAve you ever seen a case where the HOA outlawed subdivision but local zoning allowed it, and the owners were therefore allowed?
Eric

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
what about subdivision? HAve you ever seen a case where the HOA outlawed subdivision but local zoning allowed it, and the owners were therefore allowed?
are you talking about an HOA telling the owner of a lot that they can't divide it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 46,441 - 46,460 of65,118
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance