Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
45,921 - 45,940 of 68,416 Comments Last updated 34 min ago
Eric

South Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

JOEL wrote:
POT POURRI:
"Present day Jews are a pot pourri of every race of man," she writes, "and they do not have any genealogical or racial derivation from the ancient peoples of the Holy Land."
- Elizabeth Dilling ("The Jewish Religion: Its Influence Today", Chapter 9)
LOL.
Joel, let's talk about converts. The only recent convert in these parts is --YOU. You were not born a Yogi Bear. You decided to become a Yogi Bear. Does that make you any less a Yogi Bear? Or, in fact does that make you a better Yogi Bear because you voluntarily came to be a Yogi Bear?

Of course that is before the supreme master Yogi Bear took advantage of you. But, that's another story of gullibility.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

The word is Flock and they are called Flockers. Papa is a Flocker and so is Eric.
Are you sexually attracted to them?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Our date is for NEXT week. Don't be too anxious. Dry the saliva.
At last I'm taking up your invitation of joining you in the shower. I know I'm taking a big risk considering your inclinations.....

If you don't mind I'll shower with my boxers on.

At the most, I'll permit you to scrub my feet as they tend to get a bit muddy.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, in court, each side presents its "evidence."
But there is evidence, and then there is evidence.
I believe we both know what we mean.
Again, you are using the modern standard.

You need to consider that standards are relative.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not agree that believing strongly enough that night is day or that up is down, makes it so - even for those who believe it.
Its obvious where you derive your standards from. That was never in question

But what I am getting at is for you to understand where others get THEIR standards from.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

JOEL wrote:
KHAZARS AS JEWS:
The overwhelming majority of the people who claim Jewish identity today descend from Khazari ancestors and therefore are technically not even Semites.

LOL.
There was a recent paper published by geneticist in a peer reviewed scientific jouranl that looked into that very question and did NOT share your conclusion.

Once again - you blow smoke
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Some of the best parties that I've attended with my late parents have been at the Rooftop Rendezvous in the Taj and in the homes of select friends at Mont Blanc at Kemp's Corner, Cote d'Azur on Carmichael Road, Somerset Place at Breach Candy and Il Palazzo on Malabar Hill.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Those were the days...
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

IB at CATHEDRAL SCHOOL, MUMBAI:

Cathedral School, where I studied till Grade 12, has of recent introduced the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma affiliated to the IB Board, Geneva.

The IB is offered as a parallel system to the ISC (Indian School Certificate) and I hear that many students have switched boards.

I looked into the IB syllabus and am not impressed as it's too cluttered and pretentious.

Even its Further Math, Further Physics and Further Chem subjects are not sufficient to prepare a student for the grueling IIT JEE.

The 4000 word extended essay in each elective is more an exercise in plagiarism than in creativity.

The IB makes it easier to get admitted to universities abroad though students from Cathedral who fail to make the grade at the IIT JEE would and still do flock to the best universities in the US and UK.

So, studying abroad is not a new trend with Cathedralites.

ISC is rigorous when compared to the IB but nevertheless even the demanding ISC course work is not sufficient to prepare one for the stiff IIT JEE.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

I'm at a dead-end and need to recharge my batteries. Once I recover a bit more from the mind, emotion and nerve damaging toxic experiences of the past, I need to move ahead in life but pure business activities do not interest me as much and taking up research at the doctorate level is no more challenging as the direct experiences via the integral yoga have put me way ahead of the inferential methods and crass materialism of science. I am in a fix and don't know what I should do with my life.....
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Had my parents been alive and had they seen my present damaged condition they'd have wept and taken forthwith action and knowing them they'd quickly pack me off to grad school in the US hoping that it would serve as a balm to my damaged mind, emotions and nerves. My late sister, Tina, who'd studied at Cathedral and then at Cornell in the US would have also made the same suggestion. Now, there's no one to goad me on in such a persistent manner.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

I'm in a terrible mess.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

In the spiritual field, I'm no longer in touch with any of my old acquaintances though the yoga experiences are continuing in many ways in a spontaneous manner with me making not the least effort to activate the higher force. 2015 is the date of the realization. I have nothing to say about it and am not even looking forward to the proofs if any of it surfaces. In many ways, I'm finished and it's evident that sooner or later my ex-master is going to murder or seriously maim me using his tremendous occult power for ditching him and heaping criticism and abuses on him. I'm in a big mess and have no one to turn to. Living alone is making matters worse. I'm slipping into depression and see no light ahead. Anyway.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

"How shall thy mighty spirit brook repose

While Death is still unconquered on the earth

And Time a field of suffering and pain?"

Savitri (III,4, 380), Sri Aurobindo
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

"Descend, Let thy journey cease, come down to us."

Savitri, Sri Aurobindo
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

"... a soul made ready through a thousand years

Is the living mould of a supreme Descent"

Savitri, Sri Aurobindo
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

"Here in this chamber 0f flame and light they met,

They looked upon each other, knew themselves,

The secret deity and its human part,

The calm immortal and the struggling psychic.

Then with a magic transformation's speed

They rushed into each other and grew one."

Savitri, Sri Aurobindo
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

"My Matter shall evade the Inconscient's trance,

My body like my spirit shall be free :

It shall escape from Death and Ignorance."

Savitri, Sri Aurobindo
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

"Whether to bear with Ignorance and Death

Or hew the ways 0f Immortality,...

Was her soul's issue..."

Savitri, Sri Aurobindo
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

"On the bare peak where Self is alone with Nought...

She must plead her case Upon extinction's verge,

In the world's death-cave Uphold life's helpless claim..."

Savitri, Sri Aurobindo

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••