Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
45,861 - 45,880 of 68,820 Comments Last updated 15 min ago
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

False yogi on this thread?

Joel, who else?
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you consider yourself a citizen?
Define your term, please.

I smell a trap.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Not totally, because they habitually ignore any evidence to the contrary. Thats part of evaluation of the evidence too
But we are splitting hairs.
Back to our friend's example.

What evidence does any religious person have for the existences of his deity.

Same evidence for the Easter Bunny.

At least ATF et al have some evidence, whether or not you agree with it.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're setting up a dualism here by positing that energy, consciousness and mind are causally unrelated.
Mind is a specific gradation of the manifested unified field of consciousness-Energy.
Refer to the cosmic hierarchy that I'd posted earlier to understand the position of mind in it.
I'll type a detailed piece on mind later.
I didn't say they were unrelated, I said they were related, Energy, consciousness and mind are the essence of the spirit of man which continues after death. Daniel 11:38 "But in his estate shall he honor the God of forces..." This is energy, electromagnetism, gravitation, and the nuclear force.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Brain is the instrumental part of expressing the higher states of consciousness in matter.
Even when you have a functional brain the causal link between brain (matter) and consciousness is well-established and in fact what the consciousness perceives, feels, senses, thinks and so on is manifested as electrical impulses in matter (brain) and these get converted into synaptic connections and hormonal discharges etc.
On death, the imprints of your life activities and thoughts are stored in the psychic consciousness and so nothing is lost.
More on this later.
The Hebrew account of life, death and the afterlife is highly misleading but this only to be expected from the ignorant patriarchs.
Anyway.
The scripture says upon death all your thoughts perish, I'll believe the bible. We won't remember and feel the emotions of all the bad things that happened to us and the guilt of the sins we've committed.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Brain-dead fool.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

INTRIGUE:

Ian Stevenson, Carlson Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Virginia, researched a case “A Case of Xenoglossy.”

In this instance, an American woman living in Philadelphia was regressed hypnotically and manifested the personality of a Swedish peasant farmer. She spoke fluent Swedish, although she had no prior contact with Swedish in her life; native Swedes confirmed her pronunciation to be fluent, even though many Swedish vowel sounds are extremely difficult for Americans to enunciate.

QUESTION: Why or How was this possible in the case under investigation?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

INTUITION:

Mathematician Karl Gauss after trying unsuccessfully for years to prove a certain theorem about whole numbers one day suddenly became aware of the solution.

Gauss described this experience as follows:

“Finally, two days ago I succeeded. Like a sudden flash of lightning the riddle happened to be solved. I myself cannot say what was the conducting thread which connected what I previously knew with what made my success possible.”

QUESTION:

What is the mechanism of intuition or inspiration?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

BEYOND MATTER:

1) At the beginning of the 20th century Pierre and Marie Curie together with a group of French scientists, performed psychic experiments.

Many of their experiments examined the abilities of an Italian medium, Eusapia Palladino.

She had psychokinetic abilities - she could move things without touching them.

The Curies examined her abilities as did many other famous scientists.

Pierre and Marie Curie were very experienced experimental physicists.

They carried out many tests on Palladino and concluded that they were seeing real phenomena.

2) Alfred R. Wallace (the originator of evolution theory based on natural selection) was of the opinion that human beings are more than just gross matter.

Wallace also performed psychic experiments together
with a famous physicist, Sir William Crookes, who was awarded the Nobel Prize for discovering
thallium. He invented the cathode ray tube, used in television and computer screens.

Crookes was also a famous experimental physicist and president of the Royal Society.

Wallace and Crookes investigated one psychic medium, Daniel Dunglas Home.

This may seem strange, but Crookes and Wallace were highly respected scientists who had great experience in the experimental field.

During one of the experiments, Home played an accordion holding it with one hand without touching the keyboard.

One possible explanation was that Home had specially prepared the accordion and therefore, Wallace and Crookes bought one another accordion to preclude this.

In other experiments, they bound the legs and the arms of Home and he still produced melodies from the new accordion. They also saw the accordion fly in the air while producing different melodies.

(SOURCE: BEYOND MATTER By Michael Cremo)

QUESTION:

What conclusions can be drawn from the above two interesting case studies conducted by world famous scientists?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

"After the conversations about Indian philosophy, some of the ideas of Quantum Physics that had seemed so crazy suddenly made much more sense".

W. Heisenberg (German Physicist, 1901-1976)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

"The Vedanta and the Sankhya hold the key to the laws of mind and thought process which are co-related to the Quantum Field, i.e. the operation and distribution of particles at atomic and molecular levels."

Prof. Brian David Josephson (1940 -) Welsh physicist, the youngest Nobel Laureate
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

To realize a truth, theories must be remolded according to practice and not practice made to suit the theories !
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

All selves are simply individualized aspects of one Universal Self.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

TIME FOR DIRECT ACTION - BEYOND GOD, PROPHETS & SCRIPTURES:

The reach and days of the Bible, Koran and Vedas are over and their messages in varying degrees reflected the Truth or Untruth in various stages of perception at different points in time......

There is far more to what any scripture can say on the subject of The Ultimate Reality and Its graduated Manifestation.

We have to discover via direct transcendental experiences the first hand proof that these ancient books reveal and we also ought to map the unknown realms of the various planes and phenomena that're not hinted at in the books and have not been mapped or detailed and then go beyond the scope of the scriptures in our quest for something still higher and to the Ultimate Reality and make that all a part of earth life.

The time for infantile book reading, submitting to petty gods of the lower planes, blind acquiescence to ordinary dictates and belief in prophesy and revelation is over; now is the time for direct action which is to consciously ascend to the subtler cosmic and supracosmic realms and to bring down their power (beginning with the Supermind) in stages into the earth consciousness, earth matter and humanity and usher in the eternal Age of the Unified Truth - Consciousness that has the power to abolish every limitation or perversion that exists in the world.

What Krishna, Buddha, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad did not and could not do during their times can now, due to the superlative Work of later day Spiritual Pioneers like Aurobindo, be achieved as suitable conditions have gradually been created upon the unregenerate earth plane for the bringing down and the subsequent manifestation of the Supermind in the earth consciousness, earth matter and humanity that'll signal the advent of an Age based on Truth, Harmony, Progressive Perfection and absence of all existing shortcomings that humanity assumes are "normal" and has become used to.....

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Some use subjective experiential feelings, other use testament as documented in their scriptures. It IS evidence, though it doesnt meet what you might consider as "modernly" acceptable standards for credibility, because of deficiencies regarding QA/QC.(Quality Assurance/ Quality Control). But it is evidence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence

Evidence, broadly construed, is anything presented in support of an assertion. This support may be strong or weak. The strongest type of evidence is that which provides direct proof of the truth of an assertion. At the other extreme is evidence that is merely consistent with an assertion but does not rule out other, contradictory assertions, as in circumstantial evidence.

In law, rules of evidence govern the types of evidence that are admissible in a legal proceeding, as well as the quality and quantity of evidence that are necessary to fulfill the legal burden of proof. Types of legal evidence include testimony, documentary evidence, and physical evidence.

Scientific evidence consists of observations and experimental results that serve to support, refute, or modify a scientific hypothesis or theory, when collected and interpreted in accordance with the scientific method.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Define your term, please.
I smell a trap.
Just a simple question, if you vote you do voter registration?
You are a citizen correct?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what it comes down to, evidence.
But the government lovers dont want to talk about evidence, just like the religious zealots.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

JOEL wrote:
All selves are simply individualized aspects of one Universal Self.
The mind of God is like the internet. It's accessible any where in the world to anywhere in the world. Thoughts, or prayer come immediately to God.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Some use subjective experiential feelings, other use testament as documented in their scriptures. It IS evidence, though it doesnt meet what you might consider as "modernly" acceptable standards for credibility, because of deficiencies regarding QA/QC.(Quality Assurance/ Quality Control). But it is evidence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence
Evidence, broadly construed, is anything presented in support of an assertion. This support may be strong or weak. The strongest type of evidence is that which provides direct proof of the truth of an assertion. At the other extreme is evidence that is merely consistent with an assertion but does not rule out other, contradictory assertions, as in circumstantial evidence.
In law, rules of evidence govern the types of evidence that are admissible in a legal proceeding, as well as the quality and quantity of evidence that are necessary to fulfill the legal burden of proof. Types of legal evidence include testimony, documentary evidence, and physical evidence.
Scientific evidence consists of observations and experimental results that serve to support, refute, or modify a scientific hypothesis or theory, when collected and interpreted in accordance with the scientific method.
You consider "feelings" to be evidence?

Or writings from previous believers?(Though I know many believers consider these to be written by the "hand of god" - but this belief is based on what? belief? faith? intuition?)

Can't agree.

Besides, you miss a central tenet of religion - that faith is belief withOUT proof. I don't think you can have it both ways: "It's faith BUT there is actual evidence." In that case, one would not need faith.

As previously posted:

faith

/f&#257;TH/

Noun

1.Com plete trust or confidence in someone or something.
2.Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

You have to admit that to say your evidence is partly "subjective experiential feelings" smacks of thruthiness:

"Truthiness is a quality characterizing a "truth" that a person making an argument or assertion claims to know intuitively "from the gut" or because it "feels right" without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination, or facts.[1]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truthiness

former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a simple question, if you vote you do voter registration?
You are a citizen correct?
I was born here; hold a US passport; and I vote.

Yes yes yes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••