Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
45,781 - 45,800 of 68,997 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#51083 Apr 25, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike you, nobody has taught me anything and most of my doctrine is original. I practice the word of the living G-d. Daniel 8:12 "...and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practiced and prospered".
rabbee: well unlike you, G-D has been my only true TEACHER. and i already told you, i do not accept new testaments.

if you can't truly answer me, with only TheTorah. then you got to be, lying somehow. so you can reject what, G-D Personaly taught to me. over your alleged, nobody teaching you.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#51085 Apr 25, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well unlike you, G-D has been my only true TEACHER. and i already told you, i do not accept new testaments.
if you can't truly answer me, with only TheTorah. then you got to be, lying somehow. so you can reject what, G-D Personaly taught to me. over your alleged, nobody teaching you.
The holy Spirit has taught me thru meditation, and if you're going to call me a liar we can end this right now. Do you really think that I think I can make myself the Messiah if I'm not? I'm not that ignorant.
Voluntatist

United States

#51086 Apr 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I get posts deleted all the time too.
<quoted text>
The article went into that under the subtopic - when all else fails, expand the conspiracy
So here you are asked a question and you wont answer it.

We know that through rex 84 there is a "civilian inmate labor program"
And we know that the army is looking to hire for interment camps.
And we know that there are FEMA "emergency shelters" all over this US , lock down facilities.

But those 3 things dont exist according to you? or are they just harmless government programs in your opinion?

Has the us government had internment camps operational in the past?
Why wouldnt they use them again?

As far as the Boston bombers, the city was in martial law during the so called "man hunt" would you agree?

Also i made the comment in the past that there are people out there that aspire to create a one world government, that is one governing body for the entire world and i backed that up with quotes.
So are you now saying that isnt true again?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#51087 Apr 25, 2013
Voluntatist wrote:
<quoted text>
So here you are asked a question and you wont answer it.
We know that through rex 84 there is a "civilian inmate labor program"
And we know that the army is looking to hire for interment camps.
And we know that there are FEMA "emergency shelters" all over this US , lock down facilities.
But those 3 things dont exist according to you? or are they just harmless government programs in your opinion?
Has the us government had internment camps operational in the past?
Why wouldnt they use them again?
As far as the Boston bombers, the city was in martial law during the so called "man hunt" would you agree?
Also i made the comment in the past that there are people out there that aspire to create a one world government, that is one governing body for the entire world and i backed that up with quotes.
So are you now saying that isnt true again?
You are all over the place - lets try to be systematic

1. Fema camps is a myth

2. Yes, for a very long part of a day Boston was in lockdown, and probably not a lot of fun to be in.

3. The intent for One World government clearly exists. In your mind.
Voluntarist

United States

#51088 Apr 25, 2013
It was a response to your article which was all over the place
Lets start with fema camps with my first fact
EXECUTIVE ORDER # 11000 Allows the
government to mobilize civilians into work
brigades under government supervision
do you admit or deny?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#51089 Apr 25, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The holy Spirit has taught me thru meditation, and if you're going to call me a liar we can end this right now. Do you really think that I think I can make myself the Messiah if I'm not? I'm not that ignorant.
rabbee: sorry! but TheRuach HaKodesh, does not tell lies. does not get names wrong, nor disavows being here in TheTorah. i have seen and spoken with G-D, and you can't get More HOLY-SPIRIT than this.

and there is the unholy spirit too, i hope you do know. and i believe you can be, just as easily decieved by them as everyone else in this world including the muslems, jews, and christian.

G-D does not send, TheRuach HaKodesh to those who only want to hear vain lies. and there is not one person in this world, that thinks they are some kind of special messiah of some sorts.

if you even think, there is more than a few holy persons in this world today. then you are painting, a false vain picture.

and you are not calling me a liar, but are calling TheG-D WHO gave this assignment to me a liar. so how can any holy spirit, call THE MOST HOLY SPIRIT a liar?

Location hidden

#51090 Apr 25, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
It was a response to your article which was all over the place
Lets start with fema camps with my first fact
EXECUTIVE ORDER # 11000 Allows the
government to mobilize civilians into work
brigades under government supervision
do you admit or deny?
No, that article had a specific topic, and lets stay on that topic for a change.

It proposed a modal personality and suggested several ways to sustain that personality. Was there anything in that article you really objected to? One of the more interesting things I got from it is that conspiracy theorists conjure their ideas up as a need to control their reality. Is that the case with you?

Location hidden

#51091 Apr 25, 2013
http://www.salon.com/2013/04/24/why_people_be...

What are the psychological forces at play in conspiracy thinking?

Basically whatís happening in any conspiracy theory is that people have a need or a motivation to believe in this theory, and itís psychologically different from evidence-based thinking. A conspiracy theory is immune to evidence, and that can pretty well serve as the definition of one. If you reject evidence, or reinterpret the evidence to be confirmation of your theory, or you ignore mountains of evidence to focus on just one thing, youíre probably a conspiracy theorist. We call that a self-sealing nature of reasoning.

Another common trait is the need to constantly expand the conspiracy as new evidence comes to light. For instance, with the so-called Climategate scandal, there were something like nine different investigations, all of which have exonerated the scientists involved. But the response from the people who held this notion was to say that all of those investigations were a whitewash. So it started with the scientists being corrupt and now not only is it them, but itís also all the major scientific organizations of the world that investigated them and the governments of the U.S. and the U.K., etc., etc. And thatís typical ó instead of accepting the evidence, you actually turn it around and say that itís actually evidence to support the conspiracy because it just means itís even broader than it was originally thought to be.

Location hidden

#51092 Apr 25, 2013

Everyone is prone to some degree of bias and motivated reasoning ó where do you draw the line, if there is one?

The crucial difference between having a preconceived notion ó we all do that, of course ó and conspiratorial thinking is when you get into that self-sealing reasoning and ignore every piece of evidence that is pointing the other way, when youíre starting to broaden the circle of conspirators, and when your skepticism gets to be nihilistic ó when you believe absolutely nothing that the government or the media is saying ó thatís when youíve crossed the line.

Location hidden

#51093 Apr 25, 2013

First of all, why do people believe conspiracy theories?

There are number of factors, but probably one of the most important ones in this instance is that, paradoxically, it gives people a sense of control. People hate randomness, they dread the sort of random occurrences that can destroy their lives, so as a mechanism against that dread, it turns out that itís much easier to believe in a conspiracy. Then you have someone to blame, itís not just randomness.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#51094 Apr 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
.... and itís psychologically different from evidence-based thinking. A conspiracy theory is immune to evidence, and that can pretty well serve as the definition of one. If you reject evidence, or reinterpret the evidence to be confirmation of your theory [belief], or you ignore mountains of evidence to focus on just one thing .....
Sounds a lot like religion - both Testaments!

How are things downstate? Nice up here in New Haven County.

Did I see Huggybear lurking around here again?

Location hidden

#51095 Apr 25, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds a lot like religion - both Testaments!
How are things downstate? Nice up here in New Haven County.
Did I see Huggybear lurking around here again?
Huggybear is around, tie up your goats

Downstate is downstate of upstate

Yes, that evidence based thinking thingie.....but most religious people don't link their deity as part of a larger conspiracy. Perhaps they should.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#51096 Apr 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Huggybear is around, tie up your goats
Downstate is downstate of upstate
Yes, that evidence based thinking thingie.....but most religious people don't link their deity as part of a larger conspiracy. Perhaps they should.
The full quote from Karl Marx is: "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_of_the_peo...

Huggy might like his victims tied up!

Then we can get into sheep jokes an why sheep herders wear cowboy boots etc

Location hidden

#51097 Apr 25, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
The full quote from Karl Marx is: "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_of_the_peo...
Huggy might like his victims tied up!
Then we can get into sheep jokes an why sheep herders wear cowboy boots etc
You are mixing your concepts. It doesnt count if you have the conspiracy theory. Only if the religious person does.

Why DO sheep herders wear cowboy boots?
Voluntarist

United States

#51098 Apr 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that article had a specific topic, and lets stay on that topic for a change.
It proposed a modal personality and suggested several ways to sustain that personality. Was there anything in that article you really objected to? One of the more interesting things I got from it is that conspiracy theorists conjure their ideas up as a need to control their reality. Is that the case with you?
Yes i object to the whole thing because it refers to conspiracy theories not being evidence based.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#51099 Apr 25, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes i object to the whole thing because it refers to conspiracy theories not being evidence based.
Unfortunately few seem to care considering how ridiculously popular conspiracy theories are.

Location hidden

#51100 Apr 25, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You know how many times we have presented corrections to you?
Voluntarist

United States

#51101 Apr 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
None, you have only attempted to split hairs or stated a differing opion.
Voluntarist

United States

#51102 Apr 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinion that is.

And when i say that there are influentual people aspiring to create a one world government, you say thats a conspiracy theory, i prove it to you and then you poo poo it.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#51103 Apr 25, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinion that is.
And when i say that there are influentual people aspiring to create a one world government, you say thats a conspiracy theory, i prove it to you and then you poo poo it.
What "proof" is ever any solid proof in most conspiracy theories?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr go away 5,007
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr Soaked good 200,593
clint the flint 7 hr ubietron 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 11 hr lazy posts 15,963
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Aug 28 JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Aug 28 Money 1
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search