Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
45,601 - 45,620 of 68,992 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Voluntarist

United States

#50892 Apr 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a matter of level. You object to a single activity events (i.e., checkpoint with a bomb sniffer) whether it is 10 or 100 is moot. Thats your argument. My position is that the paradigm is sound.
My argument would be whether 10 or 100 is the reasonable level. And most of the non ideological public is at that argument as well. But you are still stuck on the fundamentals.
So we are examining two different issues
The discussion was that government is using the event to decrease civil liberties and you stated that I was the only one claiming that, and you were wrong.
Voluntarist

United States

#50893 Apr 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Correction
I see nothing alarmist in that article, nothing that hasnt been done before, nothing that is an unreasonable expansion...
I thought that you had a better grasp of the English language,
The term INCREASE means MORE than usual.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#50895 Apr 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Better go tell that to a Brazilian Indian that is being thrown off their land. That they dont matter. That only Arabs in Israel matter.
Smooth.
HughBe---I KNOW of a FACT that there is far greater mixing and intermarriage between RACES in Brazil than Israel. In fact, only a FOOL or an EVIL person would seek to compare the two countries in that regard.

Frijoles---Better go tell that to a Brazilian Indian that is being thrown off their land. That they dont matter.

HughBe--- 1. I don't need to tell them something that they already know i.e. there is far greater mixing and intermarriage between RACES in Brazil than Israel.

2. Look in your own country and tell the Indians how good the white man is. Ask them about the MASSIVE shrinkage of their land that has occurred because when the land has gold etc. the white man STEALS it.
Were you taught American History? I am in the Caribbean and I know these things.

3. I NEVER addressed the matter of who matters.

Frijoles--- That only Arabs in Israel matter.

HughBe--- Oh, Arabs are not people.

Oppression should matter to ALL sane and sensible people. It matters not where it occurs it must be condemned be it in Iraq, US or Israel. No country is SPECIAL meaning that it is NEVER ok for a country to oppress for surely I SHALL condemned it.

No RACE is special meaning it is NEVER ok for one RACE to oppress another. Here I am including ALL RACES; whites, Indians, blacks, Jewish etc.

If I stand alone so shall it be. I shall CONDEMN Israel, US, Jamaica for Government sanctioned or condoned oppression.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#50896 Apr 18, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, Hugh. It's ok for the skin heads to beat up the descendants of slavery in Brazil. We'll just close our eyes to it.
Eric---That's right, Hugh. It's ok for the skin heads to beat up the descendants of slavery in Brazil. We'll just close our eyes to it.

HughBe--- The challenge that I am having is making a link between my words below and your words. Please make the link for me.

I KNOW of a FACT that there is far greater mixing and intermarriage between RACES in Brazil than Israel. In fact, only a FOOL or an EVIL person would seek to compare the two countries in that regard.

Hint: How does stating a FACT i.e. there is far greater mixing and intermarriage of RACES in Brazil than in Israel translate into condoning RACISM and other forms of NASTINESS?
Eric

South Elgin, IL

#50897 Apr 18, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---That's right, Hugh. It's ok for the skin heads to beat up the descendants of slavery in Brazil. We'll just close our eyes to it.
HughBe--- The challenge that I am having is making a link between my words below and your words. Please make the link for me.
I KNOW of a FACT that there is far greater mixing and intermarriage between RACES in Brazil than Israel. In fact, only a FOOL or an EVIL person would seek to compare the two countries in that regard.
Hint: How does stating a FACT i.e. there is far greater mixing and intermarriage of RACES in Brazil than in Israel translate into condoning RACISM and other forms of NASTINESS?
The Brazilian person to whom we were speaking insisted that there were no cases of discrimination and discriminatory violence in Brazil. Frijoles and I were pointing out to her actual cases of such violence. You popped in to the middle of the conversation with you poppycock and non-sequitors.

And, if you would have read the research like I asked you too, you would know that your statement is absolutely false. But that would have (1) taken effort on your part and (2) it would require you to abandon your unfounded prejudices and bias.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#50898 Apr 18, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
The Brazilian person to whom we were speaking insisted that there were no cases of discrimination and discriminatory violence in Brazil. Frijoles and I were pointing out to her actual cases of such violence. You popped in to the middle of the conversation with you poppycock and non-sequitors.
And, if you would have read the research like I asked you too, you would know that your statement is absolutely false. But that would have (1) taken effort on your part and (2) it would require you to abandon your unfounded prejudices and bias.
Eric---The Brazilian person to whom we were speaking insisted that there were no cases of discrimination and discriminatory violence in Brazil......if you would have read the research like I asked you too, you would know that your statement is absolutely false

Hugh--- I don't have to read the research I KNOW that such an assertion is FALSE.

However that does NOT change my point, I KNOW of a FACT that there is far greater mixing and intermarriage between RACES in Brazil than Israel. In fact, only a FOOL or an EVIL person would seek to compare the two countries in that regard

Eric--- You popped in to the middle of the conversation with you POPPYCOCK and non-sequitors.

HughBe--- Your POPPYCOCK sounds too close to PUPPYCOCK and so on that bases alone I know that it is applicable to YOU.

You could have applied BULLdog COCK to me and then I would have been able to praise you for your growth in sense.

The non sequiturs comment is forgiven.
Eric

South Elgin, IL

#50902 Apr 18, 2013
wow, hugh you have so much innuendo in your post that the local censor won't allow me to post a response.
Eric

South Elgin, IL

#50903 Apr 18, 2013
Trying to get around the tech issue, like I said, prejudice and bias on your part. Please don't ask you to become learned on the topic. You'd rather be ignorant and bask in your predudice.
Voluntarist

United States

#50904 Apr 18, 2013
Eric wrote:
Trying to get around the tech issue, like I said, prejudice and bias on your part. Please don't ask you to become learned on the topic. You'd rather be ignorant and bask in your predudice.
Is that any worse than you as a criminal lawyer standing in front of a biased judge on a daily basis pretending to give your client a fair trial?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#50905 Apr 18, 2013
Eric wrote:
wow, hugh you have so much innuendo in your post that the local censor won't allow me to post a response.
Eric--wow, hugh you have so much innuendo in your post that the local censor won't allow me to post a response

Hugh--- Let me help you, Eric. The problem is YOURS and not mine. I had no difficulty in posting on the other hand YOU are experiencing difficulties because of the LOW quality of your post.

Try and understand your own words, please. Read them slowly now, "the local censor won't allow ME/Eric to post a response"

The problem is YOU and not me.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#50906 Apr 18, 2013
Eric wrote:
Eric---like I said, prejudice and bias on your part

Hugh--- You have a habit of saying things with little regard for TRUTH. This post is no exception.

Eric--You'd rather be IGNORANT and bask in your predudice.

HughBe--- As I said above I shall say now because it is applicable once again in the SAME post. You have no regard for TRUTH. Why do you trample TRUTH, Eric?

I want you to pay close attention to my words.

YOU have FALSELY accused me of preferring to be IGNORANT of the matter.

PROOF that you were LYING: Previously I said, I don't have to read the research, I KNOW that such an assertion is FALSE.

How can I be IGNORANT of something when I KNOW it?

Explain, the meaning of "I KNOW that such an assertion is FALSE"

What is the meaning of KNOW and FALSE, dear Eric?
Eric

South Elgin, IL

#50907 Apr 18, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---like I said, prejudice and bias on your part
Hugh--- You have a habit of saying things with little regard for TRUTH. This post is no exception.
Eric--You'd rather be IGNORANT and bask in your predudice.
HughBe--- As I said above I shall say now because it is applicable once again in the SAME post. You have no regard for TRUTH. Why do you trample TRUTH, Eric?
I want you to pay close attention to my words.
YOU have FALSELY accused me of preferring to be IGNORANT of the matter.
PROOF that you were LYING: Previously I said, I don't have to read the research, I KNOW that such an assertion is FALSE.
How can I be IGNORANT of something when I KNOW it?
Explain, the meaning of "I KNOW that such an assertion is FALSE"
What is the meaning of KNOW and FALSE, dear Eric?
Like I said, you would rather be ignorant on the most recent research than take a chance that your preconceived notions are wrong.

If you were not afraid that you would be proven wrong, you would read the research. You asked for a copy of the article on the research. Why not read the research itself? You didn't read the article either.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#50908 Apr 18, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, you would rather be ignorant on the most recent research than take a chance that your preconceived notions are wrong.
If you were not afraid that you would be proven wrong, you would read the research. You asked for a copy of the article on the research. Why not read the research itself? You didn't read the article either.
FIRST---Eric--You'd rather be IGNORANT and bask in your predudice.

SECOND-- Eric---you would rather be ignorant on the MOST RECENT research

HughBe--- I have noted your INSERTION of MOST RECENT into the discussion. That doctoring will not work.

Besides, the issue has NOT changed and I still KNOW that the claim is and was FALSE.

PLEASE address the outstanding matters.

1. Why do you trample TRUTH, Eric?
2.How can I be IGNORANT of something when I KNOW it?
3. Explain the meaning of "I KNOW that such an assertion is FALSE"
4.What is the meaning of KNOW and FALSE, dear Eric?
Eric

South Elgin, IL

#50909 Apr 18, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Besides, the issue has NOT changed and I still KNOW that the claim is and was FALSE.
What claim are you talking about?
Who allegedly made the claim?
Please identify by post number the above.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#50910 Apr 18, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
What claim are you talking about?
Who allegedly made the claim?
Please identify by post number the above.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Are YOU senile?

Are you unable to follow the conversation that YOU are a part of?

Explain what the hell you have been talking about on the recent most posts. After which I shall tell you what WE were discussing.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#50911 Apr 18, 2013
Eric, thoughts went ahead of my typing skills which are not the fastest. Too many secretaries/ admin. assistants.

Correction: Explain what the hell you have been talking about in your most recent posts.
Eric

South Elgin, IL

#50912 Apr 18, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Eric, thoughts went ahead of my typing skills which are not the fastest. Too many secretaries/ admin. assistants.
Correction: Explain what the hell you have been talking about in your most recent posts.
You are the one who is all over the place.

You said there were claims made that are false.

I don't remember making any claims other than that there are violent racial incidents in Brazil. Then there is your allegations concerning mixed race in Brazil was more prevalent than in Israel.

Concerning the last allegation I mentioned the recent research on the subject that YOU asked to read the article and I told you to read the research instead.

Then you said that the claims were false. What claims are you talking about. That there are violent episodes in Brazil. Or that there is more racial mixing in Brazil. Those are the only 2 allegations that were made.

I mentioned the research, but never gave what the results were. I only asked if you had read the research. You said you refused to read the research because you already made up your mind that the claims were false.

What claims.

When you refused to read the research, I said you did so because you were prejudiced and biased; i.e., that you had already made up your mind therefore you didn't need to read any research. Sounds like you "prejudged" {prejudiced} and were biased.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#50913 Apr 18, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember making any claims other than that there are violent racial incidents in Brazil. Then there is your allegations concerning mixed race in Brazil was more prevalent than in Israel.
Concerning the last allegation I mentioned the recent research on the subject that YOU asked to read the article and I told you to read the research instead.
Then you said that the claims were false. What claims are you talking about. That there are violent episodes in Brazil. Or that there is more racial mixing in Brazil. Those are the only 2 allegations that were made.
I mentioned the research, but never gave what the results were. I only asked if you had read the research. You said you refused to read the research because you already made up your mind that the claims were false.
What claims.
When you refused to read the research, I said you did so because you were prejudiced and biased; i.e., that you had already made up your mind therefore you didn't need to read any research. Sounds like you "prejudged" {prejudiced} and were biased.
I challenge you to quote my words that spoke of CLAIMS.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#50914 Apr 18, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
What claims.
Cite my allegation. Support "Then there is your allegations concerning mixed race in Brazil was more prevalent than in Israel."
Eric

South Elgin, IL

#50915 Apr 18, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite my allegation. Support "Then there is your allegations concerning mixed race in Brazil was more prevalent than in Israel."
"I KNOW of a FACT that there is far greater mixing and intermarriage between RACES in Brazil than Israel."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 59 min hidden loction nuts 5,002
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr lazy posts 200,590
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr lazy posts 15,963
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Thu JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Thu Money 1
My fears for Doris Day: Confidante who spent 40... (Oct '13) Thu marti eton square 4
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey