Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
44,901 - 44,920 of 68,361 Comments Last updated 13 hrs ago
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Cross is a symbol of treachery, murder and impotence.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Formlessness has its own indefinable form.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Forms and formlessness are aspects of idolatry.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Truth is permanent, impartial and stands upright.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Truth does not seek followers and is self-involved in its own glory.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Burial with the head facing the earth's magnetic south pole (towards the geographic north pole) is the best form of disposing off a dead body.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

IS RACE A MYTH?

If race has no genetic basis then would it mean that Africans living in the cold Northern Hemisphere would after many centuries become White Caucasions? Conversely, would the Whites, after many generations, become negros were they to live in the hot equatorial zones of Africa?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
But, mere "mindfullness" is not mastery over thoughts and emotions nor does it result in the transformation of thoughts and emotions into something superior to the ordinary or unregenerate processes involved in thinking and emoting.
Mindfullness does not put one in touch with the thatness of thoughts and emotions.
Mindfullness may have its limited uses in psychological therapy as a way of moderating rash impulses, anger, impatience and the like but it does not result in eradicting the seeds of the personality defects.
Arguably it leads to an exacerbation of ones personality, not eradication. Its anything but relaxing.

Noone ever claims it leads to mastery over thoughts and emotions, though. More like it leads to the ability to surf over them.

That all said, it is a powerful tool.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

JOEL wrote:
OLD MONEY & NEW MONEY:
Money is money and should not be classified as old money or new money.
What counts is how the money has been earned and to what use is it being put and what effect the money has had on the personality and habits of the moneyed folks.
Money is money, but the term doesnt relate to money, but to the people. And there IS a difference between people. Its a socio-economic and cultural division. The money doesnt create the division, rather it allows the people to express their differences.

I see it everyday.

The interesting thing about the phenomena is that Old money (and those not in the game) knows about it, but new money doesnt.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

JOEL wrote:
IS RACE A MYTH?
If race has no genetic basis then would it mean that Africans living in the cold Northern Hemisphere would after many centuries become White Caucasions? Conversely, would the Whites, after many generations, become negros were they to live in the hot equatorial zones of Africa?
Race is not a myth, just a quantitatively unrefined and prescientific way at looking at things. The more refined and scientific concept is genetics. Genetics is operationable and scalable, race is not.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

JOEL wrote:
IS RACE A MYTH?
Race does not exist in biology or anthropology, but it's only a social construction therefore artificial made in order to classify the human genre. There is no agreement on the way to classify people.
JOEL wrote:
If race has no genetic basis then would it mean that Africans living in the cold Northern Hemisphere would after many centuries become White Caucasions?
Not after many centuries, but after many millenia.
JOEL wrote:
Conversely, would the Whites, after many generations, become negros were they to live in the hot equatorial zones of Africa?
The same goes for it, after many millenia.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

millennia
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

I did not come online earlier since boiling hot milk spilled on to my right foot in the afternoon causing me much discomfort and pain. I am better now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Race does not exist in biology or anthropology, but it's only a social construction therefore artificial made in order to classify the human genre. There is no agreement on the way to classify people.
good explanation.

Maybe someday someone will explain why in all the US forms my race is white. But if I was still as lilly white but came from, lets say, central America, my race would be considered hispanic.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

The interesting thing about the phenomena is that Old money (and those not in the game) knows about it, but new money doesnt.
None of this is true in a rigid sense. People with old money like the Rothschilds, Warburgs, Bushes, British Royalty, Rockerfellers, Tatas and others have earned most of their money through dubious means and besides they lack the higher thinking and deeper class that sets aside truly refined people from the ordinary ones. Take a look at their progeny as well and see the crassness on display.

Anyway, it doesn't matter.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Arguably it leads to an exacerbation of ones personality, not eradication. Its anything but relaxing.

Noone ever claims it leads to mastery over thoughts and emotions, though. More like it leads to the ability to surf over them.

That all said, it is a powerful tool.
Papa, there are 4 ways to deal with thoughts:

1) Merge with the thoughts and flow with them - the thinker is the thought. This is the most inferior method and the source of pain and ignorance. Or,

2) Stand back from the frontal personality and simply witness the thoughts rising mechanically in the thinking aspect of the mind and watch how by dissociating one's deeper consciousness from the thoughts they gradually lose their hold on the mind and inner planes of being and fall dormant. This is a better method. Or,

3) Rise via the psychic awakening into the higher mind that exceeds the thinking aspect of mind and stay aloof from the thought processes that after a time will enter a state of quiescence since the rest of the being centered around the psychic refuses to identify with them. This is fine. Or,

4) Rise via the awakened psychic into the supramental and bring down its transforming force into the entire mind to eradicate the root of thoughts and as such in this supramental poise one no longer thinks, deduces and rationalizes. The supramentalized mind simply experiences everything in constant gnosis by the method of union in consciousness and energy of the subject with the object in the novel supramental way with the supramental consciousness guiding the being in the right direction at all times. One acts spontaneously in this unique method of constant experiencing and as such without thinking one makes the right moves without being told what to do and without any past experience to rely upon. Besides, the solution to any event does not arise as a fragmentary thought or an inference in the supramentalized mind. What happens is that the supermind sponatenously reveals to the supramentalized mind the entire range of solutions to the event or problem under consideration and deftly guides the being into making all the right moves and moreover the supramental will is all-powerful and materialzes anything within its universal scope almost instantly. The yogi is in this supramentalized poise a pliant instrument in the hands of the supramental consciousness and force. It's a great experience and cosmic in its scope. I experienced this superior supramental poise some years ago for around 30 minutes or so.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

The unregenerate mind is like a saraband that never stops and that cannot be controlled. It simply goes on and on and on and keeps thinking all the time even during sleep.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

JOEL wrote:
I did not come online earlier since boiling hot milk spilled on to my right foot in the afternoon causing me much discomfort and pain. I am better now.
rabbee: accident prone people or people having an accident, very seldom get the occidental hint. been a bad-bad boy, but you can hide from it with excuses. no matter how right, the judgement was truly made. but can even evade, the most vain supramental mind.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

ENGLISH & FRENCH - MOST SUPERIOR LANGUAGES OF REVELATION:

English and French are languages of the most superior revelations known to the human race till date superceding evn Sanskrit, Arabic, Aramaic and and Hebrew since around 50 to 70 years ago, Sri Aurobindo and his Jewish spiritual collaborator known as the Mother made the most unique and grandest revelations concerning the nature and action of the supramental range of cosmic consciousness and energy and its radical effect on the terrestrial consciousness and on the planes and parts of being.

Their revelations concerning the innate nature and concomitant functional aspects of the various planes and parts of the cosmos that were based on direct yogic experiences far exceed all the childish expositions attributed to a savage, murderous and jealous G-d; a mortal, fake and imperfect savior and mangod; an ignorant and an extra-cosmic God with 99 anthropathic attributes who creates from nothing; and a God with semi-animal features and many other versions.

Besides, English and French are among the leading languages of scientific and intellectual research and discourse since a century or so.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

anthropopathic

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••