Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
44,541 - 44,560 of 68,439 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

The less educated folks make better slaves don't you agree?
In a way, everyone is a slave of the senses, of superficial mental formations, of heredity, of environmental impulses, of peer pressure and of those we admire or wish to be like.

Do less educated folks make better slaves?

Not necessarily.

It all depends on how clear-thinking one is and how integrated the personality is with the universal forces.

Educated people may be as deluded and as non-discriminating as the lesser educated ones.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

JOEL wrote:
REPLY TO FRIJOLES:
FRIJOLES: Could a very smart but undereducated person perform well on them (entrance tests)?
JOEL: To perform well in the IIT JEE, the toughest entrance exam in the world, one has to have a very firm grasp over the fundamental concepts in math, physics and chem.
High school syllabus is insufficient.
The questions are usually based on topics taught in Grades 11 and 12 in a sketchy manner and more in detail in university and are deep, tricky and combine several concepts.
In the past, during my times, the degree of difficulty was really high and the questions were so tough that most students would fail the first time and only after a second or third attempt clear the entrance if they managed to get a decent score.
The IIT JEE topper usually scored around 85% or so in all the 3 papers, while the candidate with an AIR (all India rank) say 2000 would score a measly 10 or 12 marks or lower. The rest of the candidates numbering say around 400,000 or more would score 3, 4, 5 or 0 marks and would be eliminated.
Later, the brutal style of questioning was changed under political pressure and on account of a storm of protests from the parents.
The IIT JEE is usually taken by candidates at the end of the course work of Grade 12.
The questions are quite on par and at times a bit tougher than the questions asked in the IMO (International Math Olympiad), IPhO and IChO. The IIT JEE questions are penetrating and most university students would find them difficult to answer.
I began preparing for the IIT JEE in Grade 9 by enrolling for a postal training program with a well-known private coaching institute whose faculty were drawn from ex-scientists and ex-professors. They posted great notes on the basics of each topic, worked out a few examples and drafted a series of really difficult questions for solving. We'd solve these exercises and mail them to the institute and the corrected sheets would be posted back with remarks and better solutions, if need be. Besides, I referred to several well-known university level text books like say Halliday & Resnick, Irodov, Sarin & Sarin, Hall and Knight, Morrison & Boyd, S L Loney etc when in Grade 10, 11 & 12 as part of my IIT JEE preparation. It was all hardwork and tears.
The ISC (Grade 12) board exams were a breeze and then the main test of one's knowledge in math, physics and chem which was the IIT JEE approached.
A week before the entrance we went mad and became frantic as we revised the concepts and rushed off to the residences of scientists and professors known to our families for extra help and tips. The day of the IIT JEE, I was nervous and revised the main concepts and was driven to the test center alloted to me by my Dad and Mom who were equally nervous. Around 400,000 students all over India took the IIT JEE on that day and the atmosphere was tense. Each paper lasted several hours with a small break in between. A huge gang from Cathedral appeared for the IIT JEE. The results were declared after a month and the pic of the IIT JEE first ranker was published in leading newspapers by the various coaching academies. I ranked in the first 250 in India and could have entered a select discipline in engineering like electrical, aeropspace, chemical etc but I was firm about wanting to study pure science and so rejected the offer of a seat in engineering.
The ISC board syllabus is the best in India though the physics syllabus in the CBSE board is great. Teachers in India lack the basic skills in many ways and without being trained well by the school teachers and without enrolling with a private tutoring academy it would be almost impossible to clear the IIT JEE. Other entrances are not as difficult as the IIT JEE but students need special coaching.
But in 2011 you told to Buford that you passed the IIT JEE with a very high score without being prepared, while now you are admitting you were trained since grade 9.

What a story teller you are.

LOL

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

JOEL wrote:
REPLY TO FRIJOLES:
FRIJOLES: Could a very smart but undereducated person perform well on them (entrance tests)?
So, not to dismiss out of hand your strong personal achievements, the fact is that one needs not only a decent schooling but probably supplemental coaching as well to perform adequately. Which makes the testing and the resultant opportunities not solely merit based, but class based as well.

TO me that sounds a lot like our American SAT system but on steroids...
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

So, not to dismiss out of hand your strong personal achievements, the fact is that one needs not only a decent schooling but probably supplemental coaching as well to perform adequately. Which makes the testing and the resultant opportunities not solely merit based, but class based as well.

Yes, original thinking comes in much later and is the preserve of just a few people with inborn genius for whom formal education holds little value.

IIT JEE needs a systematic approach and great test taking skills for success.

I appeared for both the SAT I and II in Grade 12 without preparation but was a bit ill on the morning of the standardized tests mailed from Princeton and underperfomed. Before the IIT JEE the SAT is childish. So, are the GRE and GMAT.

IIT JEE is seriously flawed and fails to take into account true aptitude. Those opting for engineering at the IITs are colossal failures as they lack the natural aptitude for hands-on engineering and innovation/inevtions and are merely book smart.

In retrospect, all those years appear immature and a waste in many ways.

The supramental yoga has really opened me up to the true knowledge and realizations and despite quitting the yoga due to life-threatening attacks the yogic experiences are spontaneously continuing. Let's see for how long.

Anyway, it's 3:30 am here.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

But in 2011 you told to Buford that you passed the IIT JEE with a very high score without being prepared, while now you are admitting you were trained since grade 9.

What a story teller you are.

LOL
This is my post to HUGH on IIT JEE and SAT exams on July 15, 2011.

Post # 89038, Page 4237, WHI IS ALLAH THREAD:

NOTE:

Damien Chang is a Chinese settled in Jamaica. LOL.

Had he scored say even 60 on 100 in the IIT JEE, the world's toughest entrance exam for high school students to engineering and pure science colleges, it would have been an academic achievement.

It would have been an even bigger academic achievement had Chang bagged a gold or a silver medal at the International Math, Physics, Chemistry or Biology Olympiads.

Getting a perfect score in elementary tests like the SAT I and II, GMAT or GRE is not so difficult and we read reports of Indian students who have cracked the SAT, GMAT and GRE.

After high school, I had scored 2360 on 2400 in the SAT without any previous preparation and would have done much better had I been well since I remember that I was feverish and was shivering all throughout the exam. I don't consider my high score a feat worth talking about. I did not go to the US since I got admitted to a top Indian program here.

The doctoral programs in engineering, math and pure science in the best US universities are crammed with bright Indian and Chinese students who take away most of the top honors.

PS:

SC,

If you have some shame, apologize to me by falsely accusing me of twisting facts, You're always doing this, Mr Jealousy and Inferiority Complex. You have a destructive and a criminal mind. Typical Italian.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA:

Post # 89038, Page 4237, WHO IS ALLAH THREAD:

NOTE:

Had he scored say even 60 on 100 in the IIT JEE, the world's toughest entrance exam for high school students to engineering and pure science colleges, it would have been an academic achievement.

It would have been an even bigger academic achievement had Chang bagged a gold or a silver medal at the International Math, Physics, Chemistry or Biology Olympiads.

Getting a perfect score in elementary tests like the SAT I and II, GMAT or GRE is not so difficult and we read reports of Indian students who have cracked the SAT, GMAT and GRE.

After high school, I had scored 2360 on 2400 in the SAT without any previous preparation and would have done much better had I been well since I remember that I was feverish and was shivering all throughout the exam. I don't consider my high score a feat worth talking about. I did not go to the US since I got admitted to a top Indian program here.

The doctoral programs in engineering, math and pure science in the best US universities are crammed with bright Indian and Chinese students who take away most of the top honors.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

PAPA,

PLease wish me well.

I did the right thing in cutting ties with my master on account of the recurring life-threatening attacks with the Dec 2012 attacks being the worst and with no help from him I was compelled to quit.

I am feeling lonely and scared in some ways....

Please wish me well.
Eric

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

So, Joel, the answer is that the lower socio-economic class will not be admitted because they do not have the resources to prepare for the exam.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Eric wrote:
So, Joel, the answer is that the lower socio-economic class will not be admitted because they do not have the resources to prepare for the exam.
Not necessarily.

There are several charitable institutions that offer free coaching to students from the economically weaker sections of society but in most cases they fail to make the grade at the IIT JEE and other entrances.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Post # 89038, Page 4237, WHI IS ALLAH THREAD:
NOTE:
PS:
SC,
If you have some shame, apologize to me by falsely accusing me of twisting facts, You're always doing this, Mr Jealousy and Inferiority Complex. You have a destructive and a criminal mind. Typical Italian.
Thanks to highlight that, now I'm getting more closer to what's your occupation/job is, since I never believed you you are a jobless millionaire.

You are really a mr Simpleton.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
PAPA,
PLease wish me well.
I did the right thing in cutting ties with my master on account of the recurring life-threatening attacks with the Dec 2012 attacks being the worst and with no help from him I was compelled to quit.
I am feeling lonely and scared in some ways....
Please wish me well.
I wish you well

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, original thinking comes in much later and is the preserve of just a few people with inborn genius for whom formal education holds little value.
IIT JEE needs a systematic approach and great test taking skills for success.
I appeared for both the SAT I and II in Grade 12 without preparation but was a bit ill on the morning of the standardized tests mailed from Princeton and underperfomed. Before the IIT JEE the SAT is childish. So, are the GRE and GMAT.
IIT JEE is seriously flawed and fails to take into account true aptitude. Those opting for engineering at the IITs are colossal failures as they lack the natural aptitude for hands-on engineering and innovation/inevtions and are merely book smart.
In retrospect, all those years appear immature and a waste in many ways.
The supramental yoga has really opened me up to the true knowledge and realizations and despite quitting the yoga due to life-threatening attacks the yogic experiences are spontaneously continuing. Let's see for how long.
Anyway, it's 3:30 am here.
Years ago I took the GRE and I thought it was one of the most useless experiences I had ever had. It was like the SAT except for grownups - that segment of the society who absolutely have nothing but contempt for the SAT but are forced to do it again, kind of.

That said, I enjoyed grad school immensely because it allowed me to think and not worry about studying for the sake of grades/passing courses.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

I wish you well
Thank you.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

That said, I enjoyed grad school immensely because it allowed me to think and not worry about studying for the sake of grades/passing courses.
Glad to know that.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Allah is the same as YHWH of Jews and God of Christians
you have failed, to prove that. the fact that muslems are violently opposing the jews and christians, says they are not the same g-ds.

neither the jews or muslems of today, are worshiping the same G-D as Moshe did and does. violence and argument, are the result of differing g-ds.

if the christians, jews and muslems all worshiped the same G-D, there would be no disagreements. there would be, no war, hostility, disease, or other malady between us.

if you even so much as oppose me, then we do not worship the same G-D or g-d/s. all internal and external strife, are the results of false g-d's. GanEden is the result, of worshiping ONE G-D here in TheTorah actually happening again.

face the fact, that jews, christians, and muslems, are all worshiping the wrong g-ds today. for not even one of you, are worshiping TheG-D of TheTorah, actually here in IT again. there is no such thing, as an only true church, synagogue or other religion today.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
See, I'm telling you point-blank that most Indians cannot be considered civilized or intelligent or human and the effect of the plummet from the highest degree of culture attained to in the distant past has been so unsettling that the rampant degradation visible in most places here is shocking - apathy, exploitation, corruption, unhygiene, noise, crowds, pollution, garbage mounds, jostling, slums, beggars, rapes, murders, screaming, spitting, defecating/urinating in the open, mistreating menial helpers, discrimination against women, religious superstitions, religious and casteist fanaticism, communal hatred and the like. Thankfully, I am away from the filthy reality that is Modern India as seen in 99.99% parts of the nation.
Elevate your fellowmen and women via yoga.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Elevate your fellowmen and women via yoga.
How?

Just like that?

People have to have the inner capacity to receive and retain the Higher Force it is sent to them.

If a yogi directs a Force at you, will you be able to receive and retain it? No. This is because you lack the inner fitness.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

^

People have to have the inner capacity to receive and retain the Higher Force WHEN it is sent to them.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
How?
Just like that?
People have to have the inner capacity to receive and retain the Higher Force it is sent to them.
If a yogi directs a Force at you, will you be able to receive and retain it? No. This is because you lack the inner fitness.
Joel---If a yogi directs a Force at you, will you be able to receive and retain it? No.

HughBe--- Correct.

Joel--This is because you lack the inner fitness.

HughBe--- WRONG. It is because the force within me is greater than their force.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Joel dear, see you later as I must go now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••