Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
44,181 - 44,200 of 68,439 Comments Last updated 10 hrs ago
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

"So let us decide whether you want a shelter, a safety zone, which will no longer yield conflict, whether you want to escape from the present conflict to enter a condition in which there shall be no conflict; or whether you are unaware, unconscious of this conflict in which you exist. If you are unconscious of the conflict, that is, the battle that is taking place between that self and the environment, if you are unconscious of that battle, then why do you seek further remedies? Remain unconscious."

J Krishnamurti, 1934 3rd Public Talk, Ojai, California
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

"Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem."

J Krishnamurti

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: i know they exist, but i do not believe in them. G-D even told me, THEY made other g-ds. i even know why G-D, did it. since all of you, would not even exist today at all. in the interim, to give you all time to repent. and they are under the control, of one of the three angels G-D unleashed upon this world. so essencially those angels, are their g-ds also. some have even made offers to me, that i totally rejected.
Why your god has created other gods?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

JOEL wrote:
pH & pOH:
pH 7 is neutral; pH 8 is weakly alkaline.
Actually, any value above 7 should be written as pOH. So, pOH 8 is mildly alkaline.
pH + pOH = 14
QUESTION:
In an electrolytic cell, if OH^-1 and SO4^-2 ions migrate to the anode, which will get discharged first? Why? What will be the products evolved at this electrode?
Hey - be of some use

this question came up today: Interpret the relationship between pe and Eh.

What is the answer? All that I know is that they measure basically the same thing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

JOEL wrote:
CALCIUM AND HYDRIDE FORMATION IN PLANTS:
RABBEE: "You definitely will not find calcium in acid loving plants."
LOL.
In plants or rather in the soil surounding plants, the acid radicle is H^+1 ions or more precisely the hydronium ions, H3O^+1, which get absorbed osmotically via the root hairs and are pumped to the aerial parts of the plants through the xylem vascular tissue due to the suction pressure generated in the leaves.
I guess Ca^+2 ions will be found in plants if they're absorbed from the surrounding soil provided the surrounding soil has calcium salts in it or calcium ions present in aqueous medium in soil.
Assuming Ca^+2 and H^+1 (or H3O^+1) ions enter the plant, the compound formed will be the hydride of calcium - CaH2 or Ca(H3O)2.

Frijole's Seal of Approval

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/medi...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Happy Valentine's Day, Huggybear!

Do you have anyone special to share the day with?

Hope he's a nice fella.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

former res wrote:
Happy Valentine's Day, Huggybear!
Do you have anyone special to share the day with?
Hope he's a nice fella.
http://celatum.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
I had a mixed reaction, and 'iconed' it accordingly.(If that's a word, otherwise it's a new word...)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a mixed reaction, and 'iconed' it accordingly.(If that's a word, otherwise it's a new word...)
My choice was purposeful. I am glad you picked up on it.(Re: yesterdays question)(ouch)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Saint Valentine (in Latin, Valentinus) is a widely recognized third century Roman saint commemorated on February 14 and associated since the High Middle Ages with a tradition of courtly love. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Valentine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtly_love
Courtly love or domnei was a medieval European conception of nobly and chivalrously expressing love and admiration.[1] Generally, courtly love was secret and between members of the nobility.[2] It was also generally not practiced between husband and wife.[2][3]

Courtly love began in the ducal and princely courts of Aquitaine, Provence, Champagne, ducal Burgundy and the Norman Kingdom of Sicily[4] at the end of the eleventh century. In essence, courtly love was an experience between erotic desire and spiritual attainment that now seems contradictory as "a love at once illicit and morally elevating, passionate and disciplined, humiliating and exalting, human and transcendent".[5]

The term "courtly love" was first popularized by Gaston Paris in 1883, and has since come under a wide variety of definitions and uses, even being dismissed as nineteenth-century romantic fiction. Its interpretation, origins and influences continue to be a matter of critical debate.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

I like the fact that courtly love "was also generally not practiced between husband and wife.[2][3"

We just exchange the everyday kind of love!

For example, early this morning i Picked up a couple of pink heart-shaped donuuts at Dunkin Donuts. They looked better than they tasted!

But of course it was the thought........

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

former res wrote:
I like the fact that courtly love "was also generally not practiced between husband and wife.[2][3"
We just exchange the everyday kind of love!
For example, early this morning i Picked up a couple of pink heart-shaped donuuts at Dunkin Donuts. They looked better than they tasted!
But of course it was the thought........
later in the article it says there is no historical evidence courtly love was ever even practiced....

maybe that is the problem with the donuts too. All in the head.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
later in the article it says there is no historical evidence courtly love was ever even practiced....
maybe that is the problem with the donuts too. All in the head.
But what about Homer Simpson??

Can a cartoon character possibly be wrong?!

What would Huggy say?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
But what about Homer Simpson??
Can a cartoon character possibly be wrong?!
What would Huggy say?
Better question - if you cartoon a cartoon character, is that blasphemy?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Why your god has created other gods?
rabbee: well for one thing, you could not even now exist. so it also shows G-D'S mercy, in giving you time and oppertunity to come around. G-D gave you with time, to learn about HIM. even if you, waste it.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well for one thing, you could not even now exist. so it also shows G-D'S mercy, in giving you time and oppertunity to come around. G-D gave you with time, to learn about HIM. even if you, waste it.
You have not answered the question... Why your god has created other gods?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Hey - be of some use

this question came up today: Interpret the relationship between pe and Eh.

What is the answer? All that I know is that they measure basically the same thing.
Hi Papa,

Too busy yesterday. Getting the new apartament on Altamount Road ready. Lots of designing work going on there.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

OFF to the gym.
Ariel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

The gays have been persecuted far, far worse than the Jews. At least that's what I heard on Anderson cooper. Gays have been forced to wait in line for over 3 hours just to get into a nightclub. This is truly an atrocity for which there is no historical comparison.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
Saint Valentine (in Latin, Valentinus) is a widely recognized third century Roman saint commemorated on February 14 and associated since the High Middle Ages with a tradition of courtly love. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Valentine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtly_love
Courtly love or domnei was a medieval European conception of nobly and chivalrously expressing love and admiration.[1] Generally, courtly love was secret and between members of the nobility.[2] It was also generally not practiced between husband and wife.[2][3]
Courtly love began in the ducal and princely courts of Aquitaine, Provence, Champagne, ducal Burgundy and the Norman Kingdom of Sicily[4] at the end of the eleventh century. In essence, courtly love was an experience between erotic desire and spiritual attainment that now seems contradictory as "a love at once illicit and morally elevating, passionate and disciplined, humiliating and exalting, human and transcendent".[5]
The term "courtly love" was first popularized by Gaston Paris in 1883, and has since come under a wide variety of definitions and uses, even being dismissed as nineteenth-century romantic fiction. Its interpretation, origins and influences continue to be a matter of critical debate.
I pays to look where the expression 'get (on) your goat' comes from in relation to valentines day or rather it's percursor the ides of februari. pagan bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••