Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
44,141 - 44,160 of 68,468 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

I think our False yogi uses this thread as his "Scrap Book".

Any idea that comes to his mind, he posts on this thread.

He forgets that number of posts anyone posts is inversely proportional to the quality of the writings.

Any one can guess the qualities of his posts?

Could they not?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-59

Our prophet was not only a preacher. He was also an able administrator and a just ruler.

Those who have experience of administration know when to act tough and when to act with leniency. A King, Ruler and President knows which criminal to pardon and which to get executed. Those who do not have this experience may only speak in idealistic terms. Such idealistic persons are never able to administer any country or state with efficiency.

Beside so many “Swords” which we have mentioned earlier on this thread. He also had a sword of steel. When no other sword worked and the only solution was to wield the sword of steel, he used that also.

Any one who has read his biography knows that how reluctantly he had to use it. We present below, some of these cases, where prophet had to use the sword of steel.

E. The Case of : IBN KHATAL

When people declared general amnesty to people of Makkah, when he had conquered it, he made certain exceptions.

There were eight or 10 people who were not given amnesty. Some of them were murderers who had taken refuge in Makkah and there were some who were ring leaders or had done some heinous crimes and there was no amnesty given to them.

But after some time gap, some of them were also given amnesty and only three or four persons were actually executed. This established prophet’ position as a just and merciful conqueror and not only an idealist or cruel warrior.

IBN KHATAL had earlier accepted Islam, Prophet sent him with some persons to collect ZAKAT from some tribes outside Madina. They collected ZAKAT, but had some dispute amongst them.

IBN KHATAL killed these people and went to Makkah with the collected ZAKAT. He also went back on Islam and took refuge in Makkah where he was given full protection. When Muslim armies marched towards Makkah, he took his arms to resist them but when he saw that he cannot do much, he threw his arms and went to Kaaba and hid himself in the curtains of Kaaba.

When prophet declared general amnesty, he included IBN KHATAL ‘s name amongst the people who were exempted. It was told to prophet that IBN KHATAL has hidden himself under curtains of Kaaba, prophet said “Kill him”

So he was dragged from there and was executed for the murder he had committed. Kaaba is not a sanctuary for murderers and thieves and robbers. It is a place of peace for those who behave peacefully. Otherwise it would become den and refuge for these criminals.

F. The Case of : TWO SINGING GIRLS OF MAKKAH

These two singing girl slaves of Makkah were also exempted from the general amnesty declared by the prophet. Their crime was that they used to sing the hate poetry and used to lampoon the personality of prophet and muslims.

Their master was ABU LAHAB, real Uncle of the prophet and one of the foremost enemies of Islam and Prophet.

Prophet pardoned other people of Makkah, but not such people who made fun of Islam and prophet’s personality. In those days poetry was the foremost medium of spreading hate and bias against Islam and prophet.

That is why, prophet chose to punish such persons and make them as example for others. So these slave girls were deeded fit to taste “Steel Sword wielded by the prophet” and they met fitting end to their disgraceful careers.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/122191862
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
pH 7 is not too high for us humans, but it is relatively high for most soils, with the exception of desert soils, making calcium absorption into plants problematic in most soils.
rabbee: excuse me? the ph, of distilled water is 7. anything above ph 7 to 14 is alkaline, anything below it to 0 is acidic. and most plants, do not use calcium. when you burn plants, you end up with mostly potash left. and most plants, other than saline aquatic plants cannot tolerate chlorides. and even salt water plants, cannot grow in the great salt lake, or the dead sea.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it goes both ways. But your environment, whether natural or built, does have an influence on your behavior. Primarily in the interior and layout.
rabbee: what you believe is true, has more influence on your behavior than you think. the power of suggestion, is more powerful than you think. nor does this mean, any of the suggestions are actually true.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am of the belief that God is everywhere, so you cant go wrong in that department. Where you can go wrong is how you treat others.
rabbee: now that is not, according to TheTorah is it? the evidence of G-D, may be all around. but this does not mean, that G-D is actually there. and i can assure you, that when G-D came to visit with me, THEY were not anywhere else. nor shall G-D be here, when THEY take off for the day of rest again.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure I get what you mean. But it sounds toothy. You can try to express this again to me if you would like.
rabbee: those who pretend, they are better than others. are never really better than, the people they pretend they are better than. and always tend to be worse, than those they pretend they are better than. most of the greatest tragities on earth, are from leaders who think they are better than thou.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure I get what you mean. But it sounds toothy. You can try to express this again to me if you would like.
rabbee: and also, you can observe this, phenomena on these message boards. muslems who only think, they are better than christians. and christians who only think, they are better than muslems. when none are better, than the other. yet both have been convinced, their side is 100% true. when neither side is the truth, but they are never the less convinced.

two opposing lies, does not cancel out the lies. no matter how near equal, the balance of power appears as neutral. it's still only, an illusion.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: excuse me? the ph, of distilled water is 7. anything above ph 7 to 14 is alkaline, anything below it to 0 is acidic. and most plants, do not use calcium. when you burn plants, you end up with mostly potash left. and most plants, other than saline aquatic plants cannot tolerate chlorides. and even salt water plants, cannot grow in the great salt lake, or the dead sea.
Plant nutrients are usually categorized as primary, secondary, or trace nutrients. Calcium is secondary macronutrient. Secondary macronutrients are Ca, Mg, and S. Primary macronutrients are N,P, and K, and C,O, and H. Trace nutrients are metals and Cl.

I never said pH 7 was an ACID, what I said was that pH 7 was more ACIDIC than pH 8, and that most natural non desert soils are more acidic than that.

Calcium availability to plants is diminished as acidity increase I.E. less is available at pH 7.1 than at 7.5.

Maximum availability is at 7.5 and above.

See the diagram at http://www.firstrays.com/PDF/Part%201%20-%20U...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

<quoted text>
rabbee: what you believe is true, has more influence on your behavior than you think. the power of suggestion, is more powerful than you think. nor does this mean, any of the suggestions are actually true.
In the social sciences, there is the argument between the idealists that believe that beliefs influence behavior and the materialists that believe that the physical influences beliefs.

I would have to say, like most things, the answer is somewhere in the middle, and/or depends on the situation.

No doubt beautiful interiors stimulate peoples sense of beauty. And that interior flow patterns matter. Supermarket placement of product is an art for that very reason. On the other hand, how much influence feng shui has is always debatable.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

<quoted text>
rabbee: now that is not, according to TheTorah is it? the evidence of G-D, may be all around. but this does not mean, that G-D is actually there. and i can assure you, that when G-D came to visit with me, THEY were not anywhere else. nor shall G-D be here, when THEY take off for the day of rest again.
Are you not comfortable with the notion that God may reach out to peole differently, according to their needs? You tend to be more of theist, myself more of a panentheist. Perhaps the reason for this is more a reflection of developed personality than anything else.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

<quoted text>
rabbee: and also, you can observe this, phenomena on these message boards. muslems who only think, they are better than christians. and christians who only think, they are better than muslems. when none are better, than the other. yet both have been convinced, their side is 100% true. when neither side is the truth, but they are never the less convinced.
two opposing lies, does not cancel out the lies. no matter how near equal, the balance of power appears as neutral. it's still only, an illusion.
Of course many religionists think that only they are right.

But what if they were. But for themselves only?

One could separate the technique from the ideology. The ideology often only exists to provide them with a sense of identity. Their identity. Not our identity.

I actually (kind of) agree with Joel with that one. Where I differ from our resident swami is that I dotn believe this possibility degrades the technology.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/12/anti...

I disagree with Mr. Foxman.

Not so much about "Israeli control over the Senate" - much more about the shameless pandering of the right.

Good Morning all.

(I didn't view the sketch but my guess is it was funny..)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

former res wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ 2013/02/12/anti-defamation-lea gue-blasts-snl-chuck-hagel_n_2 672364.html
I disagree with Mr. Foxman.
Not so much about "Israeli control over the Senate" - much more about the shameless pandering of the right.
Good Morning all.
(I didn't view the sketch but my guess is it was funny..)
You should watch the sketch. It was dumb IMO. Though there was an interesting discussion on whether donkeys could really be fellated or not (Hughbe??).

If done better, it would of been offensive. In the greater picture, it does buy into stereotypes. But I think they bungled it by poor writing.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You should watch the sketch. It was dumb IMO. Though there was an interesting discussion on whether donkeys could really be fellated or not (Hughbe??).
If done better, it would of been offensive. In the greater picture, it does buy into stereotypes. But I think they bungled it by poor writing.
Many funny things are offensive to somebody. Often goes with the territory. Think Daily Show/Colbert/Bill Maher. And needless to say, it's all subjective.

Had it been funnier, it would have made it to air. God knows (!) enough of what does make it to air isn't too funny. I record SNL regularly and fast forward through about half of each episode.

I'll be waiting to hear Huggybear weigh in on the donkey question. He's our resident expert in such matters.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Many funny things are offensive to somebody. Often goes with the territory. Think Daily Show/Colbert/Bill Maher. And needless to say, it's all subjective.
Had it been funnier, it would have made it to air. God knows (!) enough of what does make it to air isn't too funny. I record SNL regularly and fast forward through about half of each episode.
I'll be waiting to hear Huggybear weigh in on the donkey question. He's our resident expert in such matters.
Well, offense aside,- Foxman says (and I agree) that the sketch "reinforces the pernicious notion of Jewish control over this government ... that Israel controls the Senate.". He goes on to make the point that a small segment of the population is likely to run with that.

I agree. Witness what out donkey loving islander does with our comments, or our resident paranoid libertarian.

Foxman is not arguing against free speech though - just wants people to understand the implications.

You get it. The Israel lovefest is about pandering to the right wing (and usually Christian) constituents. Not about Jewish control. But this stuff also feeds into the wackos, which isnt very helpful or particularly safe to the rest of us.

Ultimately though I think Stewart/Maher/Colbert would of pulled it off better.

Did you read the accounts of the Hagel hearing yesterday? Talk about out there.....see the NYTimes.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

<quoted text>
rabbee: and yes THEY did prove, THEIR MASTERY over all the other g-ds in TheTorah. so i believe it is to anyones advantage, to not worship other g-ds, or their idol subordinates that can't be 100% trusted. so i do not believe it is for G-D's own good that it is commanded to believe in TheG-D. but it is for our own good, to believe in HIM. but then the question always looms, just which g-d is it out of the so many to choose from in the world today?
Are you saying you believe in the existence of other gods?
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, offense aside,- Foxman says (and I agree) that the sketch "reinforces the pernicious notion of Jewish control over this government ... that Israel controls the Senate.". He goes on to make the point that a small segment of the population is likely to run with that.
I agree. Witness what out donkey loving islander does with our comments, or our resident paranoid libertarian.
Foxman is not arguing against free speech though - just wants people to understand the implications.
You get it. The Israel lovefest is about pandering to the right wing (and usually Christian) constituents. Not about Jewish control. But this stuff also feeds into the wackos, which isnt very helpful or particularly safe to the rest of us.
Ultimately though I think Stewart/Maher/Colbert would of pulled it off better.
Did you read the accounts of the Hagel hearing yesterday? Talk about out there.....see the NYTimes.
Bigots usually don't need much encouragement. Look at the birthers. They did that all on their own.

I just don't buy that an SNL skit is going to futher enrage the haters. The sketch was clearly skewering the GOP senators, not the Jewish/Israeli lobby. But we can disagree on that.

I found the sketch about as funny as the average SNL material these days, which is faint praise indeed.

And clearly I agree about Stewart/Colbert/Maher - I don't find myself fast forwarding through their shows.

I saw some of the Hagel hearings. Most folks think he did a lousy job. Not really sure I'm a fan of his though I agree with some of his ideas.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Traditions often provide the road map to direct experience.
How do traditions serve as a tool to open up the consciousness and cause it to ascend into the higher planes?

I wonder which tradition can cause the individual's consciousness to awaken and merge with say the 4th plane of cosmic consciousness.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
How do traditions serve as a tool to open up the consciousness and cause it to ascend into the higher planes?
I wonder which tradition can cause the individual's consciousness to awaken and merge with say the 4th plane of cosmic consciousness.
practice makes perfect

You had to learn that somewhere
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Human beings are fundamentally flawed (some more than others).
The core of all human beings is the self that is perfect.

What is unbalanced or imperfect is the instrumental part (which is the mind, vital-emotions and body) that falls under the sway of heredity and the lower line of karma and evolve or devolve accordingly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••