Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
43,961 - 43,980 of 68,380 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

It's by the way very strange for other countries to mix into internal policies.
Every other country is strictly hands of unless invited.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, if you say so, Papa.
(smiles)
I am not convinced that your Stepford Yogi shtik is the proper response to me either.

If you want to have a conversation, we can have a conversation.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

QURAN & SCIENCE:

A book - the Quran - that claims to come directly from God as an eternal guide to humankind should contain everything about the universe and serve as a reference manual for scientists but here we see multiple flaws in the Quran whenever it attempts dealing with subjects that science deals with.

LOL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.

03. In Islam there was never any ban on any branch of science or technology. It was Christian Church which banned study of astronomy. Quran is the Only Scripture on the face of earth that can stand on its feet with discoveries of Modern Science.
So you support the scientific theory of evolution?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed that televion tends to show more controversial opinions, makes for more interest holding programs.
I recall Ali B. a dutch morrocan rapper (If you ain't black you ave no cause rappin. Just my opinion. It looks wanna-be) going to Israel and the territories. Israeli rapprs were declared non-interesting. The gaza-pssies however were rude and opiniated, so that made for a more interesting biassed program.
I also i the Bush ears talked to a high-school kid that had with his class been interviewed by CNN about Bush's policies.
Well they were selected and trained weeks in advance, so all appeared wellbehaved and nothing out of the ordinary was said.
Which was interesting (having seen the interview)because just about every person had a strong opinion. It made them look like they were slightly retarded.
For this program you mentioned they could also have used Ethiopean origin jews. The tone would have been different, but Biden was a strange cookie.
I'm by the way a big fan of Obama and his policies. And frankly none can move the process. So it's no chip on my shoulder.
And why do you not support Israel?
I wish you luck with the troll

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. I did not start this series in the form of "apology". We have nothing to apologize for.
Why only our prophet, every prophet of God has to come out with clean hands. You have very false notion about the stature and office of prophet, that is why you make such loose comments about them.
Prophets of God and God' chosen people and His selection is not humans. He picks up best and most suitable persons for the job.
02. Prof. Margoliuth is the "most biased" scholar that I have seen. The way he accepts parts of the same Hadith and reject other, as per his own wish, tells of his bias.
03. In Islam there was never any ban on any branch of science or technology. It was Christian Church which banned study of astronomy. Quran is the Only Scripture on the face of earth that can stand on its feet with discoveries of Modern Science.
04. My posts might look like Anti Western to you, but you should also look at your posts, how anti Islamic they are. These are two way streets and you cannot put whole blame to one side.
And West's progress in science and technology does not mean that they have become experts on every field. They have to learn from Eastern people about religion and how religious debates and discussions are carried out.
05. There is nothing like Modernism. Every age is Modern to its contemporaries and becomes outdated to those who come after them.
Human nature and things which are bad for human civilizations do not change just because we live in Modern age.
Sexual immorality, Sodomy and Lesbianism,. Free Sex, Alcoholism, Narcotic consumption , Gambling and Usury shall always be bad for human civilization, irrespective on in which age we live.
Islam deals with these fundamentals and bans each and every thing that is harmful to human civilization as a whole.
01)! Yes you did, since it followed a discussion about the character of the prophet. In the tradition for instance described as angry red face with an artery on his face pulsing purple, a womanizer a.s.o. You maintained that he was peacefull. Quoting ahadith and squabbling about what an authorized version was and me stating that they were invented apologies. So it must at least have given you the inspiration for the sword series.
The most suitable person changes as the PR need changes.
02) This means that three famous ahadith scholar from Saoudi Arabia and renowned scholars of Islam are all biassed.
Since he relates what is original and discards what is added later or is obvious fiction as in folktales. His intention is to show Mohammed as an empire-builder not as a pussy. So how other nations experienced the rise is also of importance as well as the time before he ever came on the scene.
Well you pick and choose, but aspointed out a killer stays a killer no matter how clean and chirurgical you represent it.
03) I recall the time that the trips to the moon could have never happened since the quraan defines space differently. They changed the tone when a Saudi became astronaut.
It might be a class thing, the rich study abroad. The poor have to stay fervent believers.
Iran had it banned for the longest time, just a few years ago people were allowed to practice astronomy again. Now?
04)Dissecting Islam when it's anti modernity and anti-western is a good pass-time. Just as tackling anything that does not make sense in general. You are not special or selected or something like that.
And compared to FFI i'm the friendly neighbour.
I think i'm cutting rather more to the bone then people that just curse at you.
05) Yor arguement implies that all those vices are also of all ages. So frankly all you said is that is your narrow definition of modernity that is very much similar to the vices islam always projects upon the west.
Modernity to me is looking at history with eyes wide open and not buying into myth be it from east or west.
The scientific approach is not encouraged when it comes to looking at history and textual criticism of islam.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish you luck with the troll
It's stone-oven pizza.

4000 exactly, hurray rare event, second time ever. former post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
The scientific approach is not encouraged when it comes to looking at history and textual criticism of islam.
Islam prefers the pseudo-science of creationism rather than the scientific perspective of evolution.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
So you support the scientific theory of evolution?
The interesting thing is that we had an invasion of muslims on the evolution part of the forum. No idea of the actual size of the flock.
All one wanted was that we proof that science can destroy islam.
So we were just polite
and talked about cult aspects for two small posts.
Had more intersting things to discuss like what genes are involved in intelligence. Loads.
The other started a holistic (as in using the actual word) off-topic rap and threw einstein and quantum in the mix. Curious as to where that will go.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

A friend of me just told me that muslims are backward. Why?
In Nigeria they just beheaded 3 South-korean doctors, and shot nine nurses that had come to give polio-vaccinations.
Accusing them of the west wanting to kill the muslim-population in Nigeria by culling their children. So you must be backward-thinking to come to a conclusion like that.

Wel i agree.
So far the spread of modernity and pro-science stance of muslims.
Because the christians overthere don't react like that. They know about immunisation and that polio can lead to paralysis and handicaps.
And bokha haram are against anything that reeks of western education.
Well that's thus no education!

So MUQ, i'm not buying your tune of modernity not existing.
If not it's needed badly.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

He has a solution.
They should sent in the military and kill al those that oppose vaccination and modernity.

Ah well, emotions can get to a person.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam prefers the pseudo-science of creationism rather than the scientific perspective of evolution.
Make that everything that evolves.

I've never had a discussion with a muslim about evolution, come to think of it.
I know some scientist are involved in fringe-aspects in the medical field, but i simply take muslims to not be interested.

My friend says that the moment they see of hear anything about it on televison they get locked in syndrome.
So when it comes to discussions you could have a very boring evening.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been hearing about their hot oil pizza for years, just never had a chance to check it out.
Will make it there on next visit.
Have you been to their clone? Is it Reiko's?
Yes, tried Reko's. Similar style Pizza. The guy from Reko used to work for Colony. A while back, I believe there was a lawsuit over the recipe. Don't know what became of it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

So, the Pope is resigning. First time in nearly 600 years.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

There was reyoicing. Really R!?

So we can follow the exploits of Islamic Scientist.
Credo: Islam is revolution.
Must be a circular fallacy.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TOL...

The other claimed an university education.
Do they call a study to become imam university education. Nah he quoted quraan from a site. So that's out.
I've no idea.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
That would be jumping the gun.
Knowing him he propably wants to change the process and lock everybody in and lenghten the proceedings, just like in the old days.
Though being the panzer-for-pedophiles-pope can't be easy.
And he would be the type that prefers luxurious retirement.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
Do you think they give him a pocket watch?

Is there a post of Pope Emeritus?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
They have already split into three. Destiny doomed.

Westover Pizza (nearby to Ricos on the westside) is supposed to be really good too. Just take out though.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
They have already split into three. Destiny doomed.
Westover Pizza (nearby to Ricos on the westside) is supposed to be really good too. Just take out though.
OOPS correction - Outpost Pizza, not Westover

Westover is ok too

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••