Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
43,901 - 43,920 of 68,978 Comments Last updated 18 min ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#48975 Feb 10, 2013
Louis' Lunch as the birthplace of the hamburger

http://www.louislunch.com/history.php

Location hidden

#48976 Feb 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
If he will ever tell us he had sex wih his maid, housemate or master, he would jestify the carnal union as an act of detachment to forge a total union with them so that the overmental yoga could be made fully effective on all the intervening planes and finally fixed in the gross physical..
Lust? Nah too classy to admit it
Either that or he would have to go insane

though I suspect he would have to shave his palms first.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#48977 Feb 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The name APIZZA originates from Neapolitan dialect, but the style is original.
"...What sets New Haven-style pizza apart from other styles is its thin crust. Brick or occasionally high temperature gas oven cooking bakes the crust to a very crispy shell (often burnt black in spots, desirably known as "the char") but leaves the inside soft....New Haven-style pizza is traditionally baked in a coal-fired oven[5] and is sold whole rather than by the slice."
They claim the hamburger was invented in New Haven as well. Though not in the pizza places.
I used to live literally 1 block from the street with most of the famous pizza places in New Haven. There are 5 or 6. Everyone has their favorite.
The style is not original but it comes from Italy. I guess then developed into other, but the origin of that style are from Italy as the link says, not me.

"New Haven-style pizza, locally known as apizza, is a STYLE of NEAPOLITAN PIZZA common in and around New Haven Connecticut. It originated at FRANK PEPE PIZZERIA NAPOLETANA"

If you click over the words "Neapolitan Pizza" and "Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana", all you will read is Italy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Haven-style_...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neapolitan_cuisi...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Pepe_Pizze...

Location hidden

#48978 Feb 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
The style is not original but it comes from Italy. I guess then developed into other, but the origin of that style are from Italy as the link says, not me.
"New Haven-style pizza, locally known as apizza, is a STYLE of NEAPOLITAN PIZZA common in and around New Haven Connecticut. It originated at FRANK PEPE PIZZERIA NAPOLETANA"
If you click over the words "Neapolitan Pizza" and "Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana", all you will read is Italy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Haven-style_...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neapolitan_cuisi...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Pepe_Pizze...
You are putting too much trust in an imperfect WIKI entry

A few more lines down "What sets New Haven-style pizza apart from other styles....

Bottom Line - come to New Haven and sample and tell us if it is the same as back in your country - I suspect not. I dont think you have little necks there - thats a New England thing. The rest, maybe.

Location hidden

#48979 Feb 10, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza#United_Sta...

"...Due to the wide influence of Italian immigrants in American culture, the US has developed regional forms of pizza, some bearing only a casual resemblance to the Italian original.

Chicago has its own style of a deep-dish pizza. Detroit also has its unique twice-baked style, with cheese all the way to the edge of the crust, and New York City has its own distinct variety of pizza.

New Haven-style pizza is a thin crust variety that does not include cheese unless the customer asks for it as an additional topping..."

----------

VS
----------
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza#Neapolitan

" Neapolitan pizza (pizza napoletana):

Authentic Neapolitan pizzas are typically made with tomatoes and Mozzarella cheese. They can be made with ingredients like San Marzano tomatoes, which grow on the volcanic plains to the south of Mount Vesuvius, and mozzarella di bufala Campana, made with the milk from water buffalo raised in the marshlands of Campania and Lazio in a semi-wild state (this mozzarella is protected with its own European protected designation of origin).[6].."

----------

I would think the fact that New Haven Pizza is a white pizza (i.e. no cheese) automatically disqualifies itself from being Neapolitan style

Location hidden

#48980 Feb 10, 2013
OOPS correction

I would think the fact that New Haven Pizza is a RED pizza (i.e. no cheese) automatically disqualifies itself from being Neapolitan style

Location hidden

#48981 Feb 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
OOPS correction
I would think the fact that New Haven Pizza is a RED pizza (i.e. no cheese) automatically disqualifies itself from being Neapolitan style
I have no idea why you concluded that... but according to one of your link I found this:

"Pepe's pies look exactly like good oven-cooked pizza should: cheese sitting on top of but not dominating the sauce"

From wiki:
In a New Haven-style pizzeria a "plain" pizza is crust, oregano, and tomato sauce with a little bit of grated pecorino romano cheese sprinkled on.

So it has cheese, maybe not much but it has.

Moreover on one of the two link there is the picture of your favourite pizzeria, where you can read PIZZERIA NAPOLETANA written in Italian. That's a sign for all Italians there, that if they come in they eat Neapoletan pizza.

Location hidden

#48982 Feb 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You are putting too much trust in an imperfect WIKI entry
A few more lines down "What sets New Haven-style pizza apart from other styles....
Bottom Line - come to New Haven and sample and tell us if it is the same as back in your country - I suspect not. I dont think you have little necks there - thats a New England thing. The rest, maybe.
Other styles? I find vague terms, It meant from american styles or inglobe the world?

It could be the same as here, or different, in the sense of less good or more good that what we have here.

Location hidden

#48983 Feb 10, 2013
Sorry when I said "I have no idea why you concluded that..."

I meant so because the Neapolitan Pizza doesn't have to have cheese at any cost. Enough to think of Pizza Marinara (tomato, garlic, oregano and oil). Then there are variants of it where you can put cheese if you want to.

Location hidden

#48984 Feb 10, 2013
CORRECTION #48982

Other styles? I find THAT TO BE vague terms, It meant from american styles or INCLUDE all the world's styles?

It could be the same as here, or different, in the sense of less good or more good that what we have here.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#48985 Feb 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you tried the place in Bulls Head? It will be a religious experience.
Remember the place before Remos? Rumor has it that their cook is now at Athens, on West Main. I believe it - the pizza there is great.
What's the name at Bulls Head. Tried one there recently and didn't like it.

Location hidden

#48986 Feb 10, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Coal House Pizza

Location hidden

#48988 Feb 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
CORRECTION #48982
Other styles? I find THAT TO BE vague terms, It meant from american styles or INCLUDE all the world's styles?
I think the issue is that we are trying to uniquely define something that is vague by nature. Plus, trying to define pizza is like trying to define bread - elementally its all the same stuff in different combos.

That said, I did notice in my google research that Neapolitan Pizza is a EU trademark - and includes, among other things, Buffalo Cheese.

When people think of New Haven Pizza they usually think of clams on pizza.

I assumed that styles meant American styles.

Location hidden

#48989 Feb 10, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
People go there for the local beer.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#48991 Feb 10, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a fan. Pizza was so-so, but really hated the very tight seating arrangements.

Have you tried the new Cuban-Italian place next door to crab shell?

Location hidden

#48992 Feb 10, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a fan. Pizza was so-so, but really hated the very tight seating arrangements.
Have you tried the new Cuban-Italian place next door to crab shell?
thats NYC style. If you go for lunch its not so crowded.

Didnt know about the Cuban-Italian place.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48993 Feb 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

When are you going to come to Mumbai? Serious. Please tell me.
jim

Oklahoma City, OK

#48994 Feb 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. You are making claims about Jesus which he never made or was never even aware of.
So you are in fact dictating to Jesus what authority he should claim.
02. Allah is in Arabic what YHWH is in Hebrew and what God is in English.
The only difference is that Jews have soiled YHWH to make Him as their "racial God" that has special relationship with them.
The Christians have soiled their God by inserting two of God's Creations to share God-head with Him. One of these is a "human" Jesus and another is an "angel" of God called "Holy Spirit".
It is only Muslims that have pure concept of God, without any deviation or adulteration.
when it comes to the light of G-ds word you and others are standing in a dark room, lost, but keep reading the bible and praying, and seeking god and he just may open your minds to the word of G-od, which is Yeshua, a persons intellect cannot grasp the truth of God without G-d first grasping your intellect, Jesus was the invisible God , made visible in his flesh, he proformed mircles no other prophet had never ever done, only through Jesus can one find heaven..........
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48995 Feb 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Please stay away from pizza. It's not all that healthy unless you select your ingredients, including the material that goes into making the flan, carefully.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48996 Feb 10, 2013
PAPA,

I need your opinion on an important issue.

Can I ask?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr RiccardoFire 200,586
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 12 hr Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 21 hr Tank ever 7,926
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Thu JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Thu Money 1
My fears for Doris Day: Confidante who spent 40... (Oct '13) Thu marti eton square 4
clint Aug 27 ubietron 1
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••