Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72043 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#48983 Feb 10, 2013
Sorry when I said "I have no idea why you concluded that..."

I meant so because the Neapolitan Pizza doesn't have to have cheese at any cost. Enough to think of Pizza Marinara (tomato, garlic, oregano and oil). Then there are variants of it where you can put cheese if you want to.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#48984 Feb 10, 2013
CORRECTION #48982

Other styles? I find THAT TO BE vague terms, It meant from american styles or INCLUDE all the world's styles?

It could be the same as here, or different, in the sense of less good or more good that what we have here.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#48985 Feb 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you tried the place in Bulls Head? It will be a religious experience.
Remember the place before Remos? Rumor has it that their cook is now at Athens, on West Main. I believe it - the pizza there is great.
What's the name at Bulls Head. Tried one there recently and didn't like it.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#48986 Feb 10, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Coal House Pizza

Location hidden

#48988 Feb 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
CORRECTION #48982
Other styles? I find THAT TO BE vague terms, It meant from american styles or INCLUDE all the world's styles?
It could be the same as here, or different, in the sense of less good or more good that what we have here.
I think the issue is that we are trying to uniquely define something that is vague by nature. Plus, trying to define pizza is like trying to define bread - elementally its all the same stuff in different combos.

That said, I did notice in my google research that Neapolitan Pizza is a EU trademark - and includes, among other things, Buffalo Cheese.

When people think of New Haven Pizza they usually think of clams on pizza.

I assumed that styles meant American styles.

Location hidden

#48989 Feb 10, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
People go there for the local beer.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#48991 Feb 10, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a fan. Pizza was so-so, but really hated the very tight seating arrangements.

Have you tried the new Cuban-Italian place next door to crab shell?

Location hidden

#48992 Feb 10, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a fan. Pizza was so-so, but really hated the very tight seating arrangements.
Have you tried the new Cuban-Italian place next door to crab shell?
thats NYC style. If you go for lunch its not so crowded.

Didnt know about the Cuban-Italian place.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48993 Feb 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

When are you going to come to Mumbai? Serious. Please tell me.
jim

United States

#48994 Feb 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. You are making claims about Jesus which he never made or was never even aware of.
So you are in fact dictating to Jesus what authority he should claim.
02. Allah is in Arabic what YHWH is in Hebrew and what God is in English.
The only difference is that Jews have soiled YHWH to make Him as their "racial God" that has special relationship with them.
The Christians have soiled their God by inserting two of God's Creations to share God-head with Him. One of these is a "human" Jesus and another is an "angel" of God called "Holy Spirit".
It is only Muslims that have pure concept of God, without any deviation or adulteration.
when it comes to the light of G-ds word you and others are standing in a dark room, lost, but keep reading the bible and praying, and seeking god and he just may open your minds to the word of G-od, which is Yeshua, a persons intellect cannot grasp the truth of God without G-d first grasping your intellect, Jesus was the invisible God , made visible in his flesh, he proformed mircles no other prophet had never ever done, only through Jesus can one find heaven..........
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48995 Feb 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Please stay away from pizza. It's not all that healthy unless you select your ingredients, including the material that goes into making the flan, carefully.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48996 Feb 10, 2013
PAPA,

I need your opinion on an important issue.

Can I ask?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48997 Feb 10, 2013
QUESTION:

How do we explain the origin/existence/emergence of sentience?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48999 Feb 10, 2013
KOSHER:

Kosher slaughter has attracted criticism from some groups concerned with animal welfare, who contend that the absence of any form of anesthesia or stunning prior to the severance of the animal's jugular vein causes unnecessary pain and suffering. Calls for the abolition of kosher slaughter have been made by veterinarians and animal rights activists.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49000 Feb 10, 2013
I feel the distinction between rishonim and a&#7717;aronim is unnecessary since theology/teachings form a continuation with the latter day teachings serving to fulfil the ones of earlier times. Well, anyway.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49001 Feb 10, 2013
MONISM IS FLAWED:

Monism in its ultimate reach falls short of the absolute standard since it insists on explaining existence with reference to one source and so it goes about reducing the various grades of consciousness and energy into higher or subtler ones with the rationale being that the subtle is the source of the gross.

Finally, the analysis arrives at a point where you get two systems - pure consciousness and pure energy which are the subtlest states of these entities.

How to fuse these two into one?

The monists then aver that pure consciousness is the source of pure energy. This contention is wrong since pure awareness can never give rise to pure energy which is the dynamic side of the universe.

Is it possible to unite pure consciousness and pure energy into a singularity? What would that be? Is it logical to do so?

So, what is the way out of this conundrum?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49002 Feb 10, 2013
TALMUD:

In the Talmudic-based writings it's rare to find an attempt to discard the authority of former teachers with the ground rule being that Amoraim is not permitted to contradict the words of the Tannaim. I agree with this viewpoint since if we assume that the older revelations were correct then later day revelations can only add more insights on the subject matter while never discarding the older teachings and laws. It is a case of the new fulfilling the old to form one cohesive system. I am talking strictly in a Jewish context and leave out other worldviews that may or may not support such a contention.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49003 Feb 10, 2013
QUESTION:

What exceeds monism or non-dualism?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49004 Feb 10, 2013
THE PROBLEM WITH BELIEVERS & RELIGIONS:

The serious problem with believers is that the religious mind is prone to accept the testimony of the past and remoteness in time adds weight to a scripture or authority.

Were the ancients superior to the moderns?

If the ancients could come into direct contact with supraphysical phenomena and supraphysical beings and manifest them in life then why can't the modern mind do the same?

Is there any fundamental difference between the constitution of the ancient mind as compared to the modern mind?

Were the ancients more capable than the moderns?

If so, in what way?

Or, is it that the God they worshipped has retreated and no longer wishes to come into direct contact with moderns?

If cosmic principles are universal and eternal states of existence, then, it should be possible for a modern to repeat the same inner experiences of the ancients and go beyond if the capacity to do so exists.

It's evident that the last word has still to be revealed given the imperfections and limitations of the previous revealed words.

The mistake believers make is to consider the being they worship as God the ultimate reality when obviously an anthropopathic being who sways with all the dualisms found in the lower planes can not be the ineffable ultimate reality that's beyond name and beyond namelessness, beyond form and beyond formlessness, beyond mutability and beyond immutability, beyond existence and beyond non-existence, beyond attribution and beyond non-attribution and beyond being and non-being.

The ultimate reality is a unified system that serves as the source of these and exceeds the manifested effects.

This makes better sense.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49005 Feb 10, 2013
THE LIMITATION OF CAUSATION:

Causation or cause and effect cannot explain the ultimate reality (absolute) since the causal mechanism is itself a device fashioned by the absolute to serve as the organizing and evolutionary principle in the manifestation (universe).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) 13 hr marshalls9180 1,550
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Fri Shante 87
News Study: Illegal immigrants having more kids in US (Apr '09) Fri Juan Illota 5,751
Where can I find legit black in Salinas asap!? Nov 27 Cjay22 8
News A cold case revisited: The night Dolly Evans di... Nov 21 HD vacaville 2
News Marina mayora s race: Incumbent Bruce Delgado v... Nov '16 Seattle Doug 1
News Editorial: Yes on Measure E Oct '16 Kelly Sorenson 1

Monterey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages