Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,196)

Showing posts 43,901 - 43,920 of65,597
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

JOEL wrote:
The world's best pizzas are made in Italy and Spain.
and the best pizza in America is in New Haven
(sorry Eric)

Did you know that the Graham cracker was invented in Connecticut as well? And that the only factory that manufactures wiffle balls is here as well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Sore muscles is about the worst of it for me.
I THOUGHT I knew sore, until I took my boots (and my dog) for a long walk along the trails in the park this morning - sheezus I should of brought snow shoes along. Afterwords I basically collapsed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Cut him some slack. He just walked away from his yogic raison d'etre.
It wouldnt shock me if he has his first sexual experience soon (maybe with his maid maybe with his new housemate), which will further alter his perceptions as well.
If he will ever tell us he had sex wih his maid, housemate or master, he would jestify the carnal union as an act of detachment to forge a total union with them so that the overmental yoga could be made fully effective on all the intervening planes and finally fixed in the gross physical..

Lust? Nah too classy to admit it
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

If you only suspect that the prophets/saints had sex, then there is no need from you to call Muhammad a pedophile only for a suspect.
You risk to pass for a fool.
Yes, I strongly suspect that the prophets had free sex with their female disciples as part of the yoga to bring down and fix the higher force in the gross physical. Same for Muhammad.

I repeat that I strongly suspect these happenings since I only go by direct proof and not by scripture or speculation.

My suspicion is based on something that formed a part of a certain yogic experience and it's also on account of a hint given to me by my ex-master some years ago.

I will withhold from giving out a decisive conclusion as I don't have the hard proof.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
(sorry Eric)
Did you know that the Graham cracker was invented in Connecticut as well? And that the only factory that manufactures wiffle balls is here as well.
I never heard of New Haven. I looked it up on Wiki and found out that it originated from Neapolitan pizza, in other word Italian.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Haven-style_...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I strongly suspect that the prophets had free sex with their female disciples as part of the yoga to bring down and fix the higher force in the gross physical. Same for Muhammad.
I repeat that I strongly suspect these happenings since I only go by direct proof and not by scripture or speculation.
My suspicion is based on something that formed a part of a certain yogic experience and it's also on account of a hint given to me by my ex-master some years ago.
I will withhold from giving out a decisive conclusion as I don't have the hard proof.
If you want us to believe that these anthropomorphic beings, as well as Muhammad had sex with female disciples, daughters, sisters, and the latter with a child, to fix the higher force in the gross physical, then you are a deluded.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

TEKTOLOGY - THE FIRST ATTEMPT AT A GENERAL SYSTEMS THEORY:

"Tektology must clarify the modes of organization that are perceived to exist in nature and human activity; then, it must generalize and systematize these modes; further, it must explain them, that is, propose abstract schemes of their tendencies and laws.....Tektology deals with organizational experiences not of this or that specialized field, but of all these fields together. In other words, tektology embraces the subject matter of all the other sciences..."

- Dr Alexander Bogdanow, Russian medical researcher, philosopher and economist.

SOURCE: "The Web of Life" by Dr Fritjof Capra, page 43.

COMMENTS: This is an attempt at a unification of the various sentient and insentient aspects of nature via an analysis of the particulars leading all the way up to the generals. Analysis leads to synthesis. Knowledge is nothing else but a discovery from the particular to the general and the unification of all these manifested aspects into one system. The ultimate reality is not a being or a singularity (one force), rather it is a system of various unified principles.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

If you want us to believe that these anthropomorphic beings, as well as Muhammad had sex with female disciples, daughters, sisters, and the latter with a child, to fix the higher force in the gross physical, then you are a deluded.
Sex is not merely an act of lust as understood by ordinary people.

Notions of mentally induced morality are skewed.

Spirituality is above morality though it modifies morality according to the need of the hour and as worked out by the higher force to suit its aim.

Sex has its spiritual aspect which is a union in consciousness of the partners via the sexual act.

On the subtle planes, union between 2 consciousnesses is non-physical and the yoga can take place perfectly when 2 converging consciousnesses merge on a certain plane and vibrate as a unified system.

But, for the union to be complete, the union has also to take place on the physical plane via the union of the material consciousnesses of the partners as well as through the sexual act devoid of lust and attachment to the carnal pleasure. This would ensure the complete union from the subtle down to the gross physical. Such a yoga takes place from the overmental down to the gross physical.

However, the supramental yoga does away with sex as it eradicates the sex urge and atrophies the sex organs as part of its dynamism on the physical plane.....

I won't be surprised if Krishna actually had sex via the trance state with dozens of his female disciples since his yoga was to bring down and fix the cosmic overmental into the gross physical.

The successful descent of the overmental engineered by Krishna paved the way for the supramental descent.

At times, the sage may marry but refrain from sex as the union with his wife (a yogini of a high order) is purely on the subtle planes and has not the aim of transformation of matter. With this subtle collaboration in place, the yoga on the subtler planes is easier as it has the force of the partner as prop and dynamis.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

(sorry Eric)

Ok,,ok ok.

I find pizza too unrefined and cluttered.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Adam as representing male, and Eve as female?
What?

Think, a bit.

How could the genders have arisen had the universal masculine and feminine principles not inhered in the consciousness-energy field?

Adam and Eve - archetypal gender principles of consciousness that in manifestation on the gross physical plane give rise to males and females.

The billions of males in the world are graded manifestations of the Adam/Masculine principle that inheres in the consciousness-energy field, while the billions of females everywhere are graded personifications of the Eve/Feminine principle that inheres in the consciousness-energy field.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Pizza for the hoi polloi. Camembert Dariole for the food connoisseurs with refined taste buds.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Shoney's is oooof so infradig.

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

It wouldnt shock me if he has his first sexual experience soon (maybe with his maid maybe with his new housemate), which will further alter his perceptions as well.
No way.

Though I have quit the integral yoga, the yogic experiences are spontaneously arising...and so if I indulge in sex at this juncture and draw in disturbing energies from unregenerate partners the brain wiring will be damaged as the inherent unifying consciousness will fracture. The consequences will be too drastic for me to bear and under this serious unbalance I may turn insane, get paralysed or die a painful death.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I never heard of New Haven. I looked it up on Wiki and found out that it originated from Neapolitan pizza, in other word Italian.
The name APIZZA originates from Neapolitan dialect, but the style is original.

"...What sets New Haven-style pizza apart from other styles is its thin crust. Brick or occasionally high temperature gas oven cooking bakes the crust to a very crispy shell (often burnt black in spots, desirably known as "the char") but leaves the inside soft....New Haven-style pizza is traditionally baked in a coal-fired oven[5] and is sold whole rather than by the slice."

They claim the hamburger was invented in New Haven as well. Though not in the pizza places.

I used to live literally 1 block from the street with most of the famous pizza places in New Haven. There are 5 or 6. Everyone has their favorite.

JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Good night.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
New Haven: the birthplace of American pizza
http://www.yaleherald.com/archive/frosh/2000/...

Some Say New Haven Has America's Best Pizza
http://www.thepauperedchef.com/2007/09/new-ha...

-----
My personal favorite is not Sallys or Peppes (which people argue incessantly over) but Modern. Also, The Spot (which is owned by Peppes).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Louis' Lunch as the birthplace of the hamburger

http://www.louislunch.com/history.php

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
If he will ever tell us he had sex wih his maid, housemate or master, he would jestify the carnal union as an act of detachment to forge a total union with them so that the overmental yoga could be made fully effective on all the intervening planes and finally fixed in the gross physical..
Lust? Nah too classy to admit it
Either that or he would have to go insane

though I suspect he would have to shave his palms first.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The name APIZZA originates from Neapolitan dialect, but the style is original.
"...What sets New Haven-style pizza apart from other styles is its thin crust. Brick or occasionally high temperature gas oven cooking bakes the crust to a very crispy shell (often burnt black in spots, desirably known as "the char") but leaves the inside soft....New Haven-style pizza is traditionally baked in a coal-fired oven[5] and is sold whole rather than by the slice."
They claim the hamburger was invented in New Haven as well. Though not in the pizza places.
I used to live literally 1 block from the street with most of the famous pizza places in New Haven. There are 5 or 6. Everyone has their favorite.
The style is not original but it comes from Italy. I guess then developed into other, but the origin of that style are from Italy as the link says, not me.

"New Haven-style pizza, locally known as apizza, is a STYLE of NEAPOLITAN PIZZA common in and around New Haven Connecticut. It originated at FRANK PEPE PIZZERIA NAPOLETANA"

If you click over the words "Neapolitan Pizza" and "Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana", all you will read is Italy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neapolitan_cuisi...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Pepe_Pizze...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 43,901 - 43,920 of65,597
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance