Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,522
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#48487 Feb 4, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks good.
What kind of filling?
apricot, almond, and plum

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#48488 Feb 4, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday I sold a 20-year old electric piano on cragslist. First time I ever did that!
I play a bit of piano and tried to play the guitar once. Better on piano.
Get one of those books that tells you how to play it. Playing music is relaxing a good for the soul.
Enjoy the meatfest!
Bought a book yesterday as well. I do know a little, I used to play electric bass and at least one wind instrument. Compensation for the fact that I cant sing for beans.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#48489 Feb 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--Jesus loves YOU, Frijoles.
Frijoles--and Homer Simpson loves YOU, Hughbe.
HughBe--- Delusional
Frijoles---Prove my delusional Homer is any less delusional than your delusional Jesus
HughBe--- In your mind, the only credible source is a rabbi so ask your master if Jesus was a product of make believe. Besides you know from your teachings,negative, that He was not.
Frijoles---So you cant provide a convincing reason why your cult figure is any less delusional than mine.
HughBe--- YOU belong to a CULT. I am NOT your rabbi and so you shall not believe me, ask them. ALL nonsense that they teach you you deem as BRILLIANT and TRUE.
So you can't offer a reason why your cult figure (Jesus) is any less delusional than mine (Homer).

I would think you would have a lifetime of reflection behind you to answer this most obvious question.

Homer: "The simple believes everything, but the prudent gives thought to his steps..."
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#48490 Feb 4, 2013
Clear wrote:
You are very much correct when you say many different denominations.
This also means that not all of those are correct.
So which 1 are ones are correct?

The 1 or ones that put their faith and trust in God and not a man.

Many speak of the Grace of God, but turn around and use many different ways on how someone must earn this grace.

Gods Holy Word MUST be taken as a whole, and MUST be trusted as inspired by God.

Anyone can use the Word of God, and "fit" IT to their mold.

Satan attacked the Word of God from the start, and he has never stopped.
he also attacks our languages.

It is my opinion, that very few preach a true gospel of God.
Ans.

Your post is very circumvent, what are the Signs that some sect or denomination has "Put their trust in God and not a man".

Every sect and denomination claims that "It is guided by the Holy Spirit"

You are right, Satan attacked the Word from the very beginning and there was not much which one could do.

The First one whom Satan mislead was this St. Paul and thru him most of Christians were mislead, so much so that this St. Paul has become the "voice of all Christians".

They know Jesus thru St. Paul and not the other way around.

So I do not know, what is the way for Christians to come back to true path and to true teachings of jesus?

Have you any solution to this problem?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#48491 Feb 4, 2013
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_scie...

Fido Seeking Fido
If your dog has gay sex, does that make him a gay dog?
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#48492 Feb 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Bought a book yesterday as well. I do know a little, I used to play electric bass and at least one wind instrument. Compensation for the fact that I cant sing for beans.
I sold the electic piano 'cause I'm holding out for a real one.

A little (console or upright) Yamaha would make me happy. Used of course.

Have fun with it.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#48493 Feb 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
apricot, almond, and plum
Spoiled!!!!

If this continues i'll encounter another food handicap, like with the fish recepies and coffee.
I just can't make headway.
Good thing you write a bit less delicious than Eric. ;D

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#48494 Feb 4, 2013
Apropos the 15th and tithing.
I wondered whether they planted cashews.
They also grow on a delicious apple!

Suppose i'll have to read up.
About fruiting and the years this takes.
But somehow it seems sensible to wait that time.
Informer

Pompano Beach, FL

#48495 Feb 4, 2013
Who cares? Jews are sub standard.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#48496 Feb 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Bought a book yesterday as well. I do know a little, I used to play electric bass and at least one wind instrument. Compensation for the fact that I cant sing for beans.
You never told!
We've talked about bass (i meant electric).
So you pictured me with a huge classic bass!?:)))

I learned from pictures too. Motivational too.
Flutes and notes. But pictures work better with guitar.
Piano too untill you get to grips with the grips, so to say
Though i started with acoustic guitar.
Moved to the e bass.
And then repeating scales.
Till i could improvise.
But i like drums, as in african and indian best.
And to relax i have an african thumb-piano on a calebas.
A kind of mini low gudget piano. Idea FR! For the meantime.

The piano i played by ear. Just little catchy things i liked.
A phrase, a couple of cords.
Sometimes someone showed me.
Thus when i had a chance. Good move FR.
And i could sing, a nice mezzo-soprano, dropped to alt.
But both mean you have to always adjust to the shrill sopranos.
(I've been known to cover my ears during operas. Now that's music i'ld rather read from paper. Given the choice of torture-methods.)
Did a stint of Gregorian. And that did mean reading notes.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#48497 Feb 4, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I sold the electic piano 'cause I'm holding out for a real one.
A little (console or upright) Yamaha would make me happy. Used of course.
Have fun with it.
They have a new piano store on Long Ridge right above the Merritt - next to the breakfast place.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#48498 Feb 4, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
You never told!
We've talked about bass (i meant electric).
So you pictured me with a huge classic bass!?:)))
I learned from pictures too. Motivational too.
Flutes and notes. But pictures work better with guitar.
Piano too untill you get to grips with the grips, so to say
Though i started with acoustic guitar.
Moved to the e bass.
And then repeating scales.
Till i could improvise.
But i like drums, as in african and indian best.
And to relax i have an african thumb-piano on a calebas.
A kind of mini low gudget piano. Idea FR! For the meantime.
The piano i played by ear. Just little catchy things i liked.
A phrase, a couple of cords.
Sometimes someone showed me.
Thus when i had a chance. Good move FR.
And i could sing, a nice mezzo-soprano, dropped to alt.
But both mean you have to always adjust to the shrill sopranos.
(I've been known to cover my ears during operas. Now that's music i'ld rather read from paper. Given the choice of torture-methods.)
Did a stint of Gregorian. And that did mean reading notes.
I kind of gave up bass because of pains in my fret hand from doing the reaches. I am hoping the acoustic will be better since the reaches are not as great. However, I guess I will also have to learn how to pick. All I can do now is flub around blues scales as if it is a bass. But basically I am just looking for a no stress hobby for before bedtime.

On a related topic, my quality of life changed significantly since I signed up for Spotify (10 bucks a month for unlimited music streaming) and bought a Sonos wireless speaker system. SO much better than paying per download on a mp3 (not that I ever did). Plus I get internet radio to boot which is mind boggling in possibilities - Pakistani, Assyrian, Balinese, African radio stations, plus just about any radio station anywhere in the US.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#48499 Feb 4, 2013
MUQ wrote:
He had learned in his scriptures, about the perseverance quality of the Last Prophet, that was to come into the world, whom Moses and other Jewish prophets had described.
Moses has not described any last prophet, while the other jewish prophets have described a Messiah that must be descendant of king David, restoring Jerusalem, and have to come at the end of the days, ect. All the things that Muhammad had fullfilled, right?

I do wonder if you ever read and understood the Tanakh?
MUQ wrote:
ZAID BIN SANEA left with Omar, got repaid and came back and declared his faith of Islam. He told the prophet I only wanted to test your patience, because no one but a prophet can maintain his calm and patience under these harsh situations.
Muhammad was very patient, then Zaid concluded it must be the prophet. Very logic reasoning.

Oh yeah, back those days how easily people converted into another religion.

I see you believe any tale if they come from Islam, don't you?
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#48500 Feb 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
They have a new piano store on Long Ridge right above the Merritt - next to the breakfast place.
Lakeside Diner! MMMMMMM donuts!

And pianos too. Great.

BTW - relocating to CT.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#48501 Feb 4, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Lakeside Diner! MMMMMMM donuts!
And pianos too. Great.
BTW - relocating to CT.
to our beautiful woodsy burbs?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#48502 Feb 4, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever, dude. P*ss off.
rabbee: and more evil and wicked talk from you, says and is worth what explitave franken-brain?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#48503 Feb 4, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Lakeside Diner! MMMMMMM donuts!
And pianos too. Great.
BTW - relocating to CT.
There goes the neighborhood ;-)

What town?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#48504 Feb 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont take him seriously. He is a harmless lunatic.
rabbee: well that is what, all the other harmfull evil lunatics think. you do know frijoles, it is a sin to encourage anyones, unholyness including your own. for when you encourage anyone else to continue to sin, is to encourage your own sinfullness.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#48505 Feb 4, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well that is what, all the other harmfull evil lunatics think. you do know frijoles, it is a sin to encourage anyones, unholyness including your own. for when you encourage anyone else to continue to sin, is to encourage your own sinfullness.
Good Point! I never said I wasn't a lunatic too.

Reverend Lovejoy: Marge, just about everythings a sin.[holds up a Bible] Yever sat down and read this thing? Technically were not supposed to go to the bathroom.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#48506 Feb 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Point! I never said I wasn't a lunatic too.
Reverend Lovejoy: Marge, just about everythings a sin.[holds up a Bible] Yever sat down and read this thing? Technically were not supposed to go to the bathroom.
rabbee: did Noach, Avraham, Yeetzak, Yaachov and Yoseph read The Written Torah to be Holy? or are you just, soo totally missing the point? that all sinfullness is just, an extreemly unwise choice without G-D.

during the building of the tower of babel. when G-D said Let US, go down and confuse them. was it because they, were doing the right thing? or was it because they, had chosen unwisely? was wwi and wwii commanded to happen, because the whole world was being bad or good? is everything being done on earth today, as sign of the world choosing good or evil and wickedness?

has the whole world chosen the unholy spirit, or holy spirit?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr big meech 16,010
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon El SupremoS 201,038
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sep 28 No Time for Tea 5,084
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 27 Bucketeers 7,965
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep 21 fancy 3
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,275

Monterey Jobs

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]