Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,100
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#48424 Feb 3, 2013
Is the whole Family Frijoles going to a sports bar to watch the big game?!

:))

The wife is making wings and Mexican layer dip.

But in fairess to me, that counts as dinner too!

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#48425 Feb 3, 2013
former res wrote:
Nah. I dont even know who the second team is. I did get a whiff that the 49ers were involved.

I bought an acoustic guitar yesterday on impulse and I think I will spend the afternoon figuring out how to play it.

Wings- mmm. Tomorrow I have a business lunch date at a burger bar and I cant wait. Havent had real red meat in weeks.

Location hidden

#48426 Feb 3, 2013
former res wrote:
We made hamentashens this morning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamantash
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48427 Feb 3, 2013
Clear wrote:
<quoted text>

Bodily exercise profits little.
Oh, so you believe in cultivating the emotions and mind, while neglecting the body.

That's escapism and non-holism - a lopsided development.

The origin of mind, emotions and matter is a unified field and so all these states of existence - the mental, emotional and physical - are inter-connected and as such affect each other.

On the gross material plane, the body forms the basis of the finer states of conciousness - emotions, mind, supramental processes and so on.

A sound body is a great receptacle for sound emotions and a sound mind.

By a sound body, I mean a body that's free of genetic perversions like incest/inbreeding, hypogamy, weakness, deformities and diseases.

Perfect the totality.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48429 Feb 3, 2013
JESUS & BUDDHA - PLAGIARISTS:

Jesus borrowed all the higher ideas that he preached from the Buddha and the Buddha stole all his ideas, which he understood imperfectly, from the Upanishads.

LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48430 Feb 3, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>

The Child of G-D
What do you mean by G-d?

What kind of G-d do you worship?- a scriptural G-d? an archetypal being of a plane of the cosmic hierarchy? or what?

What have been, if any, your direct experiences of the gross and subtle states of consciousness? How did you experience these? What have been the results?

What is your take on the 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th planes of cosmic consciousness-energy which is the plane of the supermind?

What exceeds the supramental realm?

How many currents does the vital/life force/breath of life have? How does it penetrate and function in matter and body?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48432 Feb 3, 2013
QUESTION:

How true is this assertion - change is the only thing we can be certain of?
nbingo

Tewksbury, MA

#48433 Feb 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the official US response to your question
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33222.pd...
In November 2011, Assistant Secretary of State for Political-Military Affairs Andrew J. Shapiro publicly reaffirmed the Obama Administrationís commitment to preserving Israelís aid and QME.
In his remarks, he stated:
But today, in these budget constrained timesósome are now asking the question why should we keep providing aid to Israel? Yes, Israel is a long time democratic ally and we share a
special bondóbut some skeptics are questioning whether thatís enough of a reason to continue to spend hard earned American tax payer dollars on Israelís security.
I can answer that skepticism directlyówe donít just support Israel because of a long standing bond, we support Israel because it is in our national interests to do so.
This aspect of our relationship with Israel is often overlooked.
Americaís commitment to Israelís security and prosperity
has extended over many decades because our leaders on both sides of the aisle have long understood that a robust United States-Israel security relationship is in our interests. Our
support for Israelís security helps preserve peace and stability in the region. If Israel were weaker, its enemies would be bolder. This would make broader conflict more likely, which would be catastrophic to American interests in the region.
It is the very strength of Israelís military which deters potential aggressors and helps foster peace and stability.
Ensuring Israelís military strength and its superiority in the region is therefore critical to regional stability and as a result is fundamentally a core interest of the United States.
Beans,

To clarify. I have no gripe. You know better than to take questions personally. You gain nothing by doing so. I'll assume that the answers were first reactions to loaded questions. I see that based on your finding the official reason your first answers were reactionary and nothing more.

I ask the questions that many taxpayers ask themselves. Why are we spending money abroad when we have deep problems at home? You just reiterated this with the official US response. It's not just Israel, it's everywhere. You name it and we are spending cash. There always has to be a reason for giving money to other countries, whether it is a lot or a little.

You mentioned Iraq as the primary recipient of US aide and also stated that Israel is no longer top dog. In reality, it could be that we are simply spending more elsewhere, but the aide to israel has remained flat. I don't know the numbers, but I'm sure someone can google 'em. Maybe I'll google them later on just for good measure.

In your posting of Shapiro's response, you also answered the question believe it or not. I was looking for the last part of Shapiro's answer. "...Ensuring Israelís ... fundamentally a core interest of the United States ...". The rest of his answer was blah blah friends, allies, blah stability, blah democracy ... When in reality, it appears to come back to that one precious thing that we can't live without. Oil. Oil is the primary interest in the area for the US and Israel happens to be a place where we can defend those interest from. I don't think we care abut the people per say. It's that black gold.

Thanks for answering the question. This really is what I have been looking for.

Muq,

I won't waste a lot of words with you other than to say that you really need to use links. If anyone wants to read about the prophet and his sword, they will click the link. Re-evalute your words. I have no desire to get into name calling or insults with you. Honestly, I'm not sure you can handle it if I play the game, but I won't.

Peace out.

I.D.G.A.F.
idgaf

Tewksbury, MA

#48434 Feb 3, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways..."
- Book of Homer
Is this adapted from the NT? Is it really so?
The only bad part of becoming a man and putting childish ways behind you is structured thinking, which tends to limit the mind's creativity. You want to reason like a man. You want to speak like a man. You really want to think like a man with the limitless boundaries of a child.

Location hidden

#48436 Feb 3, 2013
nbingo wrote:
<quoted text>
Beans,
To clarify. I have no gripe. You know better than to take questions personally. You gain nothing by doing so. I'll assume that the answers were first reactions to loaded questions. I see that based on your finding the official reason your first answers were reactionary and nothing more.
I ask the questions that many taxpayers ask themselves. Why are we spending money abroad when we have deep problems at home? You just reiterated this with the official US response. It's not just Israel, it's everywhere. You name it and we are spending cash. There always has to be a reason for giving money to other countries, whether it is a lot or a little.
You mentioned Iraq as the primary recipient of US aide and also stated that Israel is no longer top dog. In reality, it could be that we are simply spending more elsewhere, but the aide to israel has remained flat. I don't know the numbers, but I'm sure someone can google 'em. Maybe I'll google them later on just for good measure.
In your posting of Shapiro's response, you also answered the question believe it or not. I was looking for the last part of Shapiro's answer. "...Ensuring Israelís ... fundamentally a core interest of the United States ...". The rest of his answer was blah blah friends, allies, blah stability, blah democracy ... When in reality, it appears to come back to that one precious thing that we can't live without. Oil. Oil is the primary interest in the area for the US and Israel happens to be a place where we can defend those interest from. I don't think we care abut the people per say. It's that black gold.
Thanks for answering the question. This really is what I have been looking for.
Muq,
I won't waste a lot of words with you other than to say that you really need to use links. If anyone wants to read about the prophet and his sword, they will click the link. Re-evalute your words. I have no desire to get into name calling or insults with you. Honestly, I'm not sure you can handle it if I play the game, but I won't.
Peace out.
I.D.G.A.F.
It is incredibly naive to think that we, as a nation, can just turn our backs on the rest of the world and expect them in turn to ignore us. It doesnt work that way.

That doesn't mean we have to invade Iraq, but it does mean we need to establish the minimum amount of deterrence and relationships abroad in order to protect our interests at home.

Support for Israel has nothing to do with oil. Israel has no petro supplies, and obviously if oil was our major concern we would be allied with the muslim nations not Israel.

Aid to Israel has decreased. Thats why I posted the links.

Location hidden

#48437 Feb 3, 2013
nbingo wrote:
<quoted text>
Beans,
To clarify. I have no gripe. You know better than to take questions personally. You gain nothing by doing so.
I.D.G.A.F.
You missed the ENTIRE boat of my comments

If I had taken you personally I would have offered the stock response similar to the link you had introduced - something along the lines of it being the worlds moral and historic responsibility to provide for the security of the Jewish people.

But I didnt - instead,...

....knowing my audience, and knowing that obviously you know nothing about the regional history, I explained it in the most clear cut PRACTICAL terms - in a single statement - that support for Israel is actually support for the US

Then I gave a link from our govt which said the same thing to support my idea

I don't get how that can be construed as taking it personally.

Really, how much more objective could I be by explaining it on American terms, and then supporting my nationalistic view with an official American document?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48438 Feb 3, 2013
SEXUAL REPRODUCTION - A COMPLETE CATHARSIS OF THE SUBCONSCIENT:

Sexual reproduction is a complete catharsis of the contents of the parental subconscious mind elements that mould the conceived offspring's emotional and psychological states. It is too animalistic and perverse a method of procreation. Cloning is superior but the technology is not perfected as of yet.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48439 Feb 3, 2013
idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>

The only bad part of becoming a man and putting childish ways behind you is structured thinking, which tends to limit the mind's creativity. You want to reason like a man. You want to speak like a man. You really want to think like a man with the limitless boundaries of a child.
True, but don't lose your innocence and sense of wonder in the process, otherwise your adult reasoning and mature speaking will reduce you to the state of an automaton or worse convert you into a hardened and narrow-minded crass materialist who ignorantly assumes that matter is the warp and woof of existence.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48440 Feb 3, 2013
NBINGO/IDGAF - NO POLITICS, PLEASE!

Please refrain from discussing dirty politics concerning the US, Israel, China, India or any other nation on this august forum.

Politics is a low, parochial, disgusting and deceitful game and the last refuge of scoundrels.

Introduce meaningful questions or interesting topics for general debate among the posters.

Thank you.

Location hidden

#48441 Feb 3, 2013
JOEL wrote:
NBINGO/IDGAF - NO POLITICS, PLEASE!
Please refrain from discussing dirty politics concerning the US, Israel, China, India or any other nation on this august forum.
Politics is a low, parochial, disgusting and deceitful game and the last refuge of scoundrels.
Introduce meaningful questions or interesting topics for general debate among the posters.
Thank you.
He has every right to post whatever he chooses.

Location hidden

#48442 Feb 3, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Thank you.
Are you going to watch the game?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48443 Feb 3, 2013
SOMNATH, MANNATH, KAABA, DR ROMILA THAPAR & PROPHET MUHAMMAD:

Dr Romilia Thapar, co-winner with Peter Brown of the prestigious Kluge Prize for the Study of Humanity for 2008 which comes with a US$1 million prize, claims, in a highly provocative book, SOMNATH, that this famous Shiva Temple in India was razed and sacked by Muslim warlords like Muhammad of Ghazni, Alauddin Khilji and others on numerous occasions in the middle ages since it houses the reviled aniconic stone idol of the pre-Islamic goddess, Mannath, supposedly one of the 3 daughters of Allah, that was secretly shipped to India and installed at Somnath. Ironically, Muhammad desecrated and destroyed 360 images in the Kaaba, including the aniconic stone image of Mannath, but hugged, wept and kissed another aniconic stone (resembling a Shiva Linga) in the Kaaba. Besides, I wonder how Dr Thapar could equate the Shiva Linga in Somnath with the aniconic stone dedicated to Mannath in the Kaaba since the Shiva Linga is a symbol of the cosmic masculine principle of dissolution, while Mannath is a pre-Islamic Arab goddess with entirely different characteristics.

Think it over!
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48444 Feb 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

He has every right to post whatever he chooses.
Refined and intelligent people with a universal outlook don't dabble in lowly fields like politics, prostitution, rabid nationalism and religious bigotry, which, in a debate among hardcore fanatics blinded by religious mumbo jumbo and false ideas of supporting one's own community, faith, scripture, culture and/or nation at any cost, invariably take on a parochial hue that leads to unnecessary friction and a waste of energy, time and consciousness.

Why do you bother so much about the fate of the Israel when you are a US citizen?

In what way is Israel a prized asset to the world?

Thousands of Israels, Americas, Chinas and Indias have been born and have perished over time and many more will come into existence and fade into the dust and be forgotten, while the march of the mind-matter evolution on earth continues unabated until a high state of individual and collective perfection is attained.

Politics is a dirty game that has more hidden dimensions to it than any overt evaluation of the subject that any internet link or newspaper article can point out and rarely are these media resources free of bias.

Keep focussed on good karma and on the meaningful aspects of existence in the spirit of universalism.

Thank you.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48445 Feb 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Are you going to watch the game?
The Superbowl?(tongue-in-cheek).

(smiles)
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48446 Feb 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
So does Donald Duck and Big Bird
HughBe---Jesus loves YOU, Frijoles

Frijoles---So does Donald Duck and Big Bird

HughBe--- Your words indicate that you have skipped your medication.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 17 savvylocal 245
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep '14 fancy 3
Dennis W (Veeser) from Krakow Wi. Sep '14 Mia 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs