Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,130
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#48404 Feb 3, 2013
idgaf wrote:
So,

These are all just wonderings and not downs on Israel. I just don't get it.
You want NUTS, dont look at Israel, look at Turkey

Turkey slams Syria's inaction over 'Israeli strike'

Ankara's FM says his country will not stand by when a Muslim country is attacked; wonders why Assad 'didnít even throw a pebble at Israel'
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-434...

----
1. so here is a NATO country daring Syria to attack Israel...

2. the same country that just this month accepted Patriot Missiles to defend itself against Syria....

3. basically making the argument that its ok for Syria to kill 25,000 of its own muslim citizens, but it is NOT ok for an outside non muslim country to surgically attack a weapons convey transporting weapons and perhaps WMDs out of the country to terrorists....

And you are wondering who are the allies of America and who are the troublemakers?

Location hidden

#48405 Feb 3, 2013
idgaf wrote:
So,
Not knowing much about Israel, I stumbled on a webpage that speaks to it.
http://jcpa.org/dje/articles2/meaning.htm
So, with some 20 million Jews spread throughout the world (before I get fact checked, I'm only guesstimating based on what the article above talks about). Give or take 10 million. What is the reason for needing the state of Israel to exist? Jews are a people right? What's special about the specific area that Israel was founded on? Jesus? What's the spread of people in Israel? Is it primarily Jews or are there others as well like the melting pot of peeps that we have here. So, what is the special interest that we have in Israel? What are the resources or strategic location that makes us spend piles of money and political capital on this tiny waring country? I continue to wonder what it is that these people are fighting over?
What's the interest. Beans said there are many reasons a while back, but was not specific as to the real reasons. Countries tend to war for natural resources. There is very little else to war over. Dead people don't seem to matter as south of us, the "War on Drugs" has claimed some 50,000ish lives in 4ish yrs. Of course, down there we control cheap labor, natural resources and politicians along with drugs (kinda count as a natural resource). So, what have we in Israel that matters so much? Why not just let Israel war like mad people with the A-Rabs?
These are all just wonderings and not downs on Israel. I just don't get it.
Here is the official US response to your question

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33222.pd...

In November 2011, Assistant Secretary of State for Political-Military Affairs Andrew J. Shapiro publicly reaffirmed the Obama Administrationís commitment to preserving Israelís aid and QME.
In his remarks, he stated:

But today, in these budget constrained timesósome are now asking the question why should we keep providing aid to Israel? Yes, Israel is a long time democratic ally and we share a
special bondóbut some skeptics are questioning whether thatís enough of a reason to continue to spend hard earned American tax payer dollars on Israelís security.

I can answer that skepticism directlyówe donít just support Israel because of a long standing bond, we support Israel because it is in our national interests to do so.

This aspect of our relationship with Israel is often overlooked.

Americaís commitment to Israelís security and prosperity
has extended over many decades because our leaders on both sides of the aisle have long understood that a robust United States-Israel security relationship is in our interests. Our
support for Israelís security helps preserve peace and stability in the region. If Israel were weaker, its enemies would be bolder. This would make broader conflict more likely, which would be catastrophic to American interests in the region.

It is the very strength of Israelís military which deters potential aggressors and helps foster peace and stability.

Ensuring Israelís military strength and its superiority in the region is therefore critical to regional stability and as a result is fundamentally a core interest of the United States.

Location hidden

#48406 Feb 3, 2013
BTW that link explains the entire aid program - military and nonmilitary - along with dollar amounts, the history, and the reasons...

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33222.pd...

from p 20 on it gets into the nonmilitary aid.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48407 Feb 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Mine was a disguised quote from the New Testament. If you have an issue with that, bring it up with the authors.
"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways..."

- Book of Homer

Is this adapted from the NT? Is it really so?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48408 Feb 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Hughbe will not be amused to hear that
JOEL: The child in man should not be abolished as then innocence and the sense of wonder would disappear and be replaced by shrewdness and cunning.

Why would Hugh not be amused to hear what I typed in response?

In what way would it affect his religious beliefs?

Location hidden

#48409 Feb 3, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways..."
- Book of Homer
Yes it was quoted directly - I was mocking Hughbe. Google it.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48410 Feb 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Whats your favorite gym machine?
My personal is working on developing my abs so that the lean look is accentuated.

Some callisthenics, too.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48411 Feb 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Oh yeah, Papa.

1 Corinthians 13:11:

"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me."

I guess it's Paul speaking.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48412 Feb 3, 2013
That should be....

My personal TRAINER is working on developing my abs so that the lean look is accentuated.

Location hidden

#48413 Feb 3, 2013
JOEL wrote:
That should be....
My personal TRAINER is working on developing my abs so that the lean look is accentuated.
How do you keep yourself from imbibing the vibes of all the people who use the machines before you?
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#48414 Feb 3, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
My personal is working on developing my abs so that the lean look is accentuated.
Some callisthenics, too.
Work on your legs too. There is nothing less appealing than a gym rat with a well muscled upper body and skinny legs.

Such an animal (and there are many in the gyms I go to) wouldn't last 10 minutes in the outdoors.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48415 Feb 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

I wonder how Paul would respond to something like this:

1) "Child is father of man."

Or,

2) "A child gives birth to a mother."

(smiles)

I want to stay far away from these Master-disciple relationships that usually end up in disaster even if the Master happens to be a true Prophet or Saint.

These Master-disciple and/or Archetypal Being-sage relationships look great on paper and are exaggerated by the authors of books but when it comes to brass tacks - the actual relationship in all its nitty gritty - it's more about limitation, delusion, subservience, suffering and life-threatening moments than constituting a stream of great inner experiences gradually leading to self-realization and perfection.

The Master or the Archetypal Being are limited in consciousness-energy which they seek to impose on those who genuflect before them. They connect with you in consciousness and energy - a tie that's so solid that in most ways it cannot be severed. I know from personal experience....

I am still recovering from the serious damage to mind and body from entering too deep into such a relationship that opened me up to the subtler ranges of cosmic consciousness and energy to quite an extent but the sufferings/dangers to life were real, constant and unbearable and during these emergencies the Master and/or the Being remains aloof on most occasions.

The yoga experiences are continuing in me in a spontaneous way though I have cut all ties with my Master.

I need to recover from the damage fully...
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48416 Feb 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

How do you keep yourself from imbibing the vibes of all the people who use the machines before you?
Hardly anyone uses the gym. Most are too lazy to work up a sweat and prefer a brisk walk or a slow jog on the adjacent jogging track surrounding the garden in my residential block.

I wipe clean all the equipment and erase any residual forces of other users by directing at the equipment a strong yogic force that usually works in minutes and I can see and feel the process involving the dissolving of the forces of others left behind on the machine.

The lucky part is that among the few regulars who make use of the gym in our apartment block none radiates a perverse force field and most are very pleasant to talk/interact with and in this way I am safe to a large extent.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48417 Feb 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Work on your legs too.

There is nothing less appealing than a gym rat with a well muscled upper body and skinny legs.

Such an animal (and there are many in the gyms I go to) wouldn't last 10 minutes in the outdoors.
I am working on my legs as well using light weights, sit ups and cycling.

Thank you.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48418 Feb 3, 2013
I'm going to the poolside of the Taj to relax and catch up with small talk with friends who're at present in the Sea Lounge since an hour or so. Bye.
Clear

United States

#48419 Feb 3, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I am working on my legs as well using light weights, sit ups and cycling.
Thank you.
Bodily exercise profits little.

Location hidden

#48421 Feb 3, 2013
Clear wrote:
<quoted text>
Bodily exercise profits little.
Who called that exercise?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#48422 Feb 3, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
- Book of Homer
rabbee: that won't change the fact, that i have always been TheG-D Child, here on earth as it is in HEAVEN. and as always TheChild of G-D, my responsibilities and burdens are forever much heavier than any of yours. and it is far more difficult for any grandchild of G-D, to enter into TheKingdom as an adult. which they have never truly been, seen as grown ups. where all have given up their wisdom for errant knowledge.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#48423 Feb 3, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
- Book of Homer
rabbee: there is no point, in being an adult. when it is merely an excuse, to commit adultry against G-D. as all sins are, adultry against G-D. for even one sin, violates all the commands of G-D.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#48424 Feb 3, 2013
Is the whole Family Frijoles going to a sports bar to watch the big game?!

:))

The wife is making wings and Mexican layer dip.

But in fairess to me, that counts as dinner too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 12 Alex Montgomery 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
the music thread (Apr '12) Dec 2 Musikologist 18
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web