Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,535
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48341 Jan 31, 2013
A NEW LINK:

In response to my question - what constitutes the ultimate reality?- an American with the online name Maharishi posted this comment:

"Death is the Ultimate Reality. Followed by The Atom as the Ultimate God, because there is atoms in everything and there is electricity in atoms so therefore we live in an electric universe. Which leads me back to the first statement. Is this really life or is life really death?"

Joel - Are his comments valid? If so, how?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48342 Jan 31, 2013
It's 7:20 am here. I am going to lie down for sometime to absorb the impact of the spontaneous yogic experience that is underway in me at present. The force is strong as it descends.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#48343 Jan 31, 2013
JOEL wrote:
the spontaneous yogic force on and in me is quite strong at the moment...
Yesterday too...
Ditto...!

-Baba Rum Raisen
“The Rama Lama Ding Dong of Cuffe Parade - Mumbai.”

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#48344 Jan 31, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The child in man should never be abolished as then innocence and the sense of wonder disappears and is replaced by shrewdness and cunning.
Hughbe will not be amused to here that
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#48345 Jan 31, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbee---liars are not, your best friend
HughBe--- Agree
rabbee: yeah! this is why i do not have any freinds, in this second coming.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#48346 Jan 31, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ---God sees what is inside your hearts and not what your lips speak.
HughBe--- Correct, MUQ. The lips DECEIVE and LIE.
Yes brother Hugh Be. if there were no "lying lips" in the world, it would already had become a paradise.

One of the "greatest gifts" that people would get in paradise is that they will not hear any lies or vain talks!!

Location hidden

#48347 Feb 1, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---Son, I am NOT a CLUB member and I have no interest in ANY club.
You should expand your horizons. It will make you a more well rounded, and more social, person. I am sure there is a chess club, or maybe boccie, or even a local chapter of a rainbow organization in Jamaica. Perhaps you could go there and make friends.

Location hidden

#48348 Feb 1, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The child in man should never be abolished as then innocence and the sense of wonder disappears and is replaced by shrewdness and cunning.
Mine was a disguised quote from the New Testament. If you have an issue with that, bring it up with the authors.

Location hidden

#48349 Feb 1, 2013
JOEL wrote:
I am not going to the gym for a workout as the spontaneous yogic force on and in me is quite strong at the moment. Yesterday, too, I did not go due to another spontaneous yogic experience.
As you get older, son, these things happen. The important thing is to clean your bedsheets afterwords.

Location hidden

#48350 Feb 1, 2013
JOEL wrote:
I am not going to the gym for a workout as the spontaneous yogic force on and in me is quite strong at the moment. Yesterday, too, I did not go due to another spontaneous yogic experience.
Whats your favorite gym machine?
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#48351 Feb 1, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former---So a man raises chickens only to slaughter for food has the same warm and fuzzy feelings towards the birds as one who keeps chickens as pets?
HughBe--- One who rears chicken will NEVER have "fuzzy feelings" unlike a pet owner.
Many pet owners will mourn the loss of a pet the rearer of chicken will not blink an eye when he slaughters one.
Former--They are both caring for, sheltering, and feeding their chickens.So does it matter why?
HughBe--- Apparently you have NEVER experienced affection.
The bottom-line is both are fed, sheltered etc. and that makes a difference to the SURVIVAL of the chickens.
Are the chickens better off DEAD?
My point remains, EVANGELICAL Christians are Israel's "ONE ally that is STEADFAST", according to the Journalist and Jew who wrote those words.
Explain the words of the Journalist.
I'm not in the business of explaining the words of others.

I'm better of off trying to enlighten the simple-minded.

Oh, BTW - you're welcome.

It's what I do.

Location hidden

#48352 Feb 1, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not in the business of explaining the words of others.
I'm better of off trying to enlighten the simple-minded.
Oh, BTW - you're welcome.
It's what I do.
Hughbe: Are the chickens better off DEAD?

Me: Its an error in logic. Hughbe is assuming that the evangelicals are the physical saviors of Israel. The country can survive fine on its own without that type of support, and in fact, as I previously stated, Israelis themselves have in fact expressed that very opinion.
Smarter one

Tel Aviv, Israel

#48353 Feb 1, 2013
IamJoseph wrote:
Israel is being attacked from every possible angle - and this is an evil scenario, embellished with a false saving grace. There should be one small place on the planet where jews can be free to pursue their own beliefs, and this must be respected by insecure christians and muslims, who have a problem respecting Jews as Jews, and Israel as Israel.
Pushing Jews into the sea, in the name of the NT or Quran, is the same as any other form of genicide. Have the jews not paid a great price to remain Jews? The truth is, America was founded by Jews [Columbus and all his mapsters were Jews], as a refuge for many - but also to save Christianity - from Europe. This is what Jews escaped from:
'BETTER TO DESTROY THEIR BODIES AND SAVE THEIR SOULS'- Isabela of Spain.
Thanks but no thanks. Please stop saving Jews.
IsLame, not islam.
Stupidiotic moron, i hope you will die now.
Theres a special place for nazis like you - hell.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#48354 Feb 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Hughbe: Are the chickens better off DEAD?
Me: Its an error in logic. Hughbe is assuming that the evangelicals are the physical saviors of Israel. The country can survive fine on its own without that type of support, and in fact, as I previously stated, Israelis themselves have in fact expressed that very opinion.
And to me it makes a difference if the Christians are only interested in keeping the Israelis around to be fried by God in order that the Christians can ascend to Heaven.

Or, as with The Twilight zone, only being nice to them so they can eat them.(Best episode ever. It is to the Twilight Zone what the Cowbell skit is to SNL.)

Huggy is seeming to say that their motivations and intent do not matter.

This is what shows him to be simple-minded.(Among other indicators.)

Location hidden

#48356 Feb 1, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
And to me it makes a difference if the Christians are only interested in keeping the Israelis around to be fried by God in order that the Christians can ascend to Heaven.
Or, as with The Twilight zone, only being nice to them so they can eat them.(Best episode ever. It is to the Twilight Zone what the Cowbell skit is to SNL.)
Huggy is seeming to say that their motivations and intent do not matter.
This is what shows him to be simple-minded.(Among other indicators.)
True true and true

But to be ideologically honest - there are many/some Christians who support Israel out of geopolitical or cultural interests. I dont think Hughbe has thought thru the issue enough to even capture that nuance. Nuance isnt one of his strongpoints.

It makes me angry to see the right wind condemn Hagel. Not just because he is not the villain they claim he is, but because it makes Jews and Pro-Israel people look unconditionally bad. Puts us Jews in an awkward spot - as if we live to put Israel ahead of the US (we dont - but Fox News seems to).

Its ok to support Israel and still hate Fox News. All this attention does nothing but reinforce peoples stereotype that the pro-Israel lobby is 100% AIPAC and right wing. Its not.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48357 Feb 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
what the heck, maybe the sixth time is the charm
Please read and EXPLAIN the meaning of the quotes with focus on the capitalized words. Tell me if they are FALSE. They were taken from the Jerusalem Post.
1."Israel’s GREATEST ASSET and best friend By EARL"
2." Evangelicals use their political, financial and spiritual LEVERAGE to HELP Israel WITHSTAND WHATEVER attack might come next."
3."In recent years, however, a groundswell of support for Israel has arisen, creating a new and POWERFUL FRIEND for Israel in the form of EVANGELICAL CHRISTIANS. From all over the world these Evangelical Christian believers, including many Americans, are proud to be labeled as “Christian Zionists.”"
4."WITHOUT the Evangelical Christian community STANDING in the BREACH with both PRAYER and action, the United States may have entered a free-fall in its foreign policy that would have ended in a far more hostile environment for Israel."
5."The longstanding tradition of the US being Israel’s closest ally is arguably being dismantled by policies detrimental to Israel. But there is ONE ALLY that is STEADFAST... the Evangelical Christian."
6."Many Evangelical Christian organizations in Israel, with support from Evangelical Christians around the world, are PROVIDING FOOD and other assistance to THOUSANDS of Israeli immigrants and POOR families."
7.Others(Evangelicals) have provided portable concrete BOMB SHELTERS to PROTECT Israeli residents living along the Gaza border and elsewhere in Israel
http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-EdContributor ...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48358 Feb 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. I even cited the reference. I am interested in TRUTH and I have no time for LIARS.
That is a lie as you have an interest in yourself plus you do spend a lot of time entertaining yourself among other things.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48359 Feb 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
TMI
(though I am tempted to ask if you wear black robes at your meetings)
No doubt you wear a white robe and a hat to your meetings. I wear regular clothes to my meetings, so no robes.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48360 Feb 1, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Taking partial statements out of context again, I see. Remember, Jesus is watching you and he is NIOT pleased with you.
Former---I don't think......

HughBe--- Accepted

CUNTI--Taking partial statements out of context again, I see. Remember, Jesus is watching you and he is NIOT pleased with you.

Hughbe--- did you see the dots? If so do you understand the meaning? NO.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48361 Feb 1, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
That is - NOT pleased
I take it that the correction was done for the benefit of Frijoles etc.

I certainly understood the typo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr Bucketeers 7,967
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 7 hr do it here 16,011
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon El SupremoS 201,038
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sep 28 No Time for Tea 5,084
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep 21 fancy 3
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,275
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Monterey Jobs

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]