Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,615
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48320 Jan 31, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a chemical thing.
Our deepest thoughts, dreams, wishes, aspirations, beliefs, loves, hates and fears are simply electrically charged chemical reactions.
Thank you for your forgiveness.
1.By chemical thing, I assume you mean cocaine induced.

2.You are welcome.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48321 Jan 31, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer is more a CONDUIT for reason.
If you really insist on being technical.
I don't think much of what you present here would pass
a similar, picayune sort of test.
Former---I don't think......

HughBe--- Accepted
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48322 Jan 31, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
No secret handshake? I am stunned. Stunned.
Get a sense of humor.(and a better translation).
HughBe---Son, I am NOT a CLUB member and I have no interest in ANY club. This is my approach to secrets "The secret [things belong] unto the LORD our God: but those [things which are] revealed [belong] unto us and to our children for ever"

Frijoles---No secret handshake? I am stunned. Stunned.
Get a sense of humor.

HughBe--- Look in the mirror. Although the words are serious it was not meant to be taken seriously. I was kidding.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48323 Jan 31, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
fourth time on a post that i answered you on the first
(Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results)
going for five?
Please read and EXPLAIN the meaning of the quotes with focus on the capitalized words. Tell me if they are FALSE. They were taken from the Jerusalem Post.
1."Israel’s GREATEST ASSET and best friend By EARL"
2." Evangelicals use their political, financial and spiritual LEVERAGE to HELP Israel WITHSTAND WHATEVER attack might come next."
3."In recent years, however, a groundswell of support for Israel has arisen, creating a new and POWERFUL FRIEND for Israel in the form of EVANGELICAL CHRISTIANS. From all over the world these Evangelical Christian believers, including many Americans, are proud to be labeled as “Christian Zionists.”"
4."WITHOUT the Evangelical Christian community STANDING in the BREACH with both PRAYER and action, the United States may have entered a free-fall in its foreign policy that would have ended in a far more hostile environment for Israel."
5."The longstanding tradition of the US being Israel’s closest ally is arguably being dismantled by policies detrimental to Israel. But there is ONE ALLY that is STEADFAST... the Evangelical Christian."
6."Many Evangelical Christian organizations in Israel, with support from Evangelical Christians around the world, are PROVIDING FOOD and other assistance to THOUSANDS of Israeli immigrants and POOR families."
7.Others(Evangelicals) have provided portable concrete BOMB SHELTERS to PROTECT Israeli residents living along the Gaza border and elsewhere in Israel
http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-EdContributor ...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48324 Jan 31, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways..."
Book of Homer
Try the scriptures for those words.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48325 Jan 31, 2013
gone to a meeting. Don't cry sweeties.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#48326 Jan 31, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Please read and EXPLAIN the meaning of the quotes with focus on the capitalized words. Tell me if they are FALSE. They were taken from the Jerusalem Post.
1."Israel’s GREATEST ASSET and best friend By EARL"
2." Evangelicals use their political, financial and spiritual LEVERAGE to HELP Israel WITHSTAND WHATEVER attack might come next."
3."In recent years, however, a groundswell of support for Israel has arisen, creating a new and POWERFUL FRIEND for Israel in the form of EVANGELICAL CHRISTIANS. From all over the world these Evangelical Christian believers, including many Americans, are proud to be labeled as “Christian Zionists.”"
4."WITHOUT the Evangelical Christian community STANDING in the BREACH with both PRAYER and action, the United States may have entered a free-fall in its foreign policy that would have ended in a far more hostile environment for Israel."
5."The longstanding tradition of the US being Israel’s closest ally is arguably being dismantled by policies detrimental to Israel. But there is ONE ALLY that is STEADFAST... the Evangelical Christian."
6."Many Evangelical Christian organizations in Israel, with support from Evangelical Christians around the world, are PROVIDING FOOD and other assistance to THOUSANDS of Israeli immigrants and POOR families."
7.Others(Evangelicals) have provided portable concrete BOMB SHELTERS to PROTECT Israeli residents living along the Gaza border and elsewhere in Israel
http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-EdContributor ...
what the heck, maybe the sixth time is the charm

Location hidden

#48327 Jan 31, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---Son, I am NOT a CLUB member and I have no interest in ANY club. This is my approach to secrets "The secret [things belong] unto the LORD our God: but those [things which are] revealed [belong] unto us and to our children for ever"
Frijoles---No secret handshake? I am stunned. Stunned.
Get a sense of humor.
HughBe--- Look in the mirror. Although the words are serious it was not meant to be taken seriously. I was kidding.
Too late. No secret handshake for you. Find another club.

Location hidden

#48328 Jan 31, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Try the scriptures for those words.
I did. I even cited the reference. I am interested in TRUTH and I have no time for LIARS.

Location hidden

#48329 Jan 31, 2013
HughBe wrote:
gone to a meeting. Don't cry sweeties.
TMI

(though I am tempted to ask if you wear black robes at your meetings)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#48331 Jan 31, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former---I don't think......
HughBe--- Accepted
Taking partial statements out of context again, I see. Remember, Jesus is watching you and he is NIOT pleased with you.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#48332 Jan 31, 2013
That is - NOT pleased

Location hidden

#48333 Jan 31, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Taking partial statements out of context again, I see. Remember, Jesus is watching you and he is NIOT pleased with you.
http://thesuckseries.files.wordpress.com/2011...
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48334 Jan 31, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

I think in your case what you are really asking for is an introduction to the Jewish world. Rather than learning Hebrew, I think what would be more valuable to you would be a brit-milah (ritual circumcision). I can put you in TOUCH with a few fairly competent mohels and you can decide which one would serve you best. Personally I would trust the drunkard one over the one with Parkinsons, but that it a personal choice.
Mohel? Circumcision? That's done with when I was 8 days old.

I need inputs on Hebrew from you.

Thank you.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48335 Jan 31, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Have you mastered Legos yet?
LOL.

Lego?

Fiddled with that as a child.

Now, please begin introducing me to advanced Chem/Hebrew.

Begin with a topic and suggest extra reading preferably online and I'll pick up.

I assure you that I am a very fast learner and the mathematical part/numerical calculations will be a breeze for me.

If you begin with advanced Chem, begin with an exciting new topic with practical applications.

I am really looking forward to learning something new from you in advanced Chem.

Please don't disappoint me.

I am in process of leasing out this Cuffe Parade apartment and moving to Altamount Road as suggested by the Ezras.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48336 Jan 31, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways..."

Book of Homer
The child in man should never be abolished as then innocence and the sense of wonder disappears and is replaced by shrewdness and cunning.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48337 Jan 31, 2013
Another spontaneous yoga experience is on me...I am shaking with the impact of the higher force as it pulsates in and around me and descends...I have quit the integral yoga but the yogic experiences are still continuing.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48338 Jan 31, 2013
CORRECTION:

The child in man should never be abolished as then innocence and the sense of wonder DISAPPEAR and ARE replaced by shrewdness and cunning.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48339 Jan 31, 2013
I am not going to the gym for a workout as the spontaneous yogic force on and in me is quite strong at the moment. Yesterday, too, I did not go due to another spontaneous yogic experience.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48341 Jan 31, 2013
A NEW LINK:

In response to my question - what constitutes the ultimate reality?- an American with the online name Maharishi posted this comment:

"Death is the Ultimate Reality. Followed by The Atom as the Ultimate God, because there is atoms in everything and there is electricity in atoms so therefore we live in an electric universe. Which leads me back to the first statement. Is this really life or is life really death?"

Joel - Are his comments valid? If so, how?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hello Mon Clint 1
Dual language immersion program offered for kin... (Jan '10) Nov 21 Kerry Jones 29
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Nov 19 ben goolsby 1,514
MEX-TEX-CA DRUGS to YOU! Nov 4 ILLEGALS - DRUGS ... 1
Some Mexicans leaving US, planning never to return (Dec '08) Nov 3 llt 15,728
Former Councilwoman Susan Goldbeck announces Ci... (Jun '08) Nov 1 nodole 8
Seaside Police: Family of child found wandering... Nov 1 Vanessa butler 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance