Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,402
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#48159 Jan 30, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally I'm a Christian. So I believe deeply that Jesus is the Messiah. Jews don't. Yet we worship the same God. From a Christian (non Romanized) standpoint, I understand it like this. Salvation is offered to us through REbirth (the blood sacrifice of Jesus) in the manner that the Jews have salvation through birth. It's their birthright. He acted as our "skapegoat" if you will. Remember that from the old covenant? Blood had to be shed for our sins so he offered his. Again, that is just my understanding of it. I can completely understand why Jews don't see Messianic Judaism as actual Judaism. Because they don't believe Jesus is the Messiah. They're still waiting on him to come back. And I can respect their decision because I love the same God they do.
How come the God changed the whole process?

Before jesus the salvation was obtained by following the teachings of prophets.

How come the whole process changed when jesus appeared?

There is something "fishy" in this logic and that is the catch.

The 'Idea" that salvation comes thru the blood of Jesus in not what Jesus taught himself.

It was what St. Paul taught "claiming to be the Spokesperson for jesus"

And everyone knows that this St. Paul never met jesus and not learned anything from him.

So those who believe in the theory that "Salvation comes thru the blood of Jesus" are taking a great risk?

Suppose in the hereafter Jesus asks these fellows "Where Did I say that salvation comes thru my blood?" And you people say "Lord, Lord that what was St. Paul taught us"

And Jesus says "Who is this St. Paul? I never knew anyone by that name while I walked on this earth. Who is this person speaking in my name?

What would be you answer?

"Lord, Lord, forgive us, we were taken for a ride..."

Aren't you people, speaking so brazenly as if Jesus told you this personally!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#48160 Jan 30, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ---Messianic Jews, if they are really what they claim to be, are the True Jews and the True Christians too.
HughBe---Correct i.e. true Spiritually and true physically the others are true physically.
Yes My brother, if Messianic Jews are what they claim to be, then they are True Christians and they are True Jews.

But if they have taken on that name, without their actions confirming this title, then they are deceiving Jews and Christians and themselves also.

God sees what is inside your hearts and not what your lips speak.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#48161 Jan 30, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
why are you so anti-Evangelical Christians?
Are they against Jews?
Are they against your religion Judaism?
because they are against me
yes
yes

though the more accurate term might be proselytizing Christians

Location hidden

#48162 Jan 30, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL! Poor goats
In all honesty, I do like MUQ - despite his tin ear with regard to any critique of his postings. He has a sense of humor which comes out from time to time. And if you can get him off script he can be interesting.

Location hidden

#48163 Jan 30, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--Is Huggy saying there is absolutely nothing to be learned from fiction?
HughBe--- Son son, your man is saying that Simpson is the SOURCE of wisdom. Sit in a corner and THINK, for a change.
Have you ever actually watched the Simpsons?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#48164 Jan 30, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>The Essene and jesus and the 12 are as far apart as is possible.
Devaux had the dead sea scrolls far too long, and interpreted everything towards his experience and culture. So we get catholic and convent. Which would be an anachronism.
Well several sites/links point out the flaws.
In customs but also as to the actual use of the place, as found by proper archeology. And not biassed BAR enthousiasts.
But the main one would be that the trinkets, amulets and other papers and scrolls are spread over a wide area...but...all just above the highwatermark.
And only accessible from above.
And that waterlevel rise can again be dated by the proper science.
As well as the dating of the scrolls. If Essenes were a disparate people, moving in small groups, that allready does not fit with some huge organisation, nor is the timeframe right.
Hmm...sounds like something worth reading up on :)

Location hidden

#48165 Jan 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>How come the God changed the whole process?

The 'Idea" that salvation comes thru the blood of Jesus in not what Jesus taught himself.

And everyone knows that this St. Paul never met jesus and not learned anything from him.

So those who believe in the theory that "Salvation comes thru the blood of Jesus" are taking a great risk?

Suppose in the hereafter Jesus asks these fellows "Where Did I say that salvation comes thru my blood?" And you people say "Lord, Lord that what was St. Paul taught us"

And Jesus says "Who is this St. Paul? I never knew anyone by that name while I walked on this earth. Who is this person speaking in my name?

Lol I am the last person in the world to believe in paulianity. Or the Romanized version of the teachings of Jesus. I will read up and reexamine what the word says about Jesus's own thoughts on salvation. As far as Jesus telling me this personally, I would love to have been able to sit at his feet when he walked the earth. As he is the ultimate "prophet". With regards to the prophets, we still have their teachings written plain as day in the Old Covenant. And I still read them.

Location hidden

#48166 Jan 30, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>In all honesty, I do like MUQ - despite his tin ear with regard to any critique of his postings. He has a sense of humor which comes out from time to time. And if you can get him off script he can be interesting.
I like interesting :)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#48176 Jan 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How come the God changed the whole process?
You are a fool, speaking as if you understand the Christian faith.
You have no idea that the prophecy of the old testament had shown that a NEW COVENANT would be made by the coming of the MESSIAH.
when you say that Paul wasn't alive during Jesus time, you do not know the full story about St Paul, and his interactions with with Apostles, particularly with St Peter.
What about the other Gospels? what about St Johns 6:53?
and Mathew 26:26, Mark 14:22, Luke 22:14. Finally St John (with whom Jesus mother Mary went to live with according to what Jesus had told her and St John to do) Gospel 53:54, "Whosoever eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life....etc"
I don't know what faith you profess to be, but you do not know what you are speaking about. I have read the Full Bible, not just the new testament. You conveniently extract that which you will choose to believe, you have NO FAITH. And through faith you will obtain understanding, and will act accordingly. Your kind of belief has another word, it is called Apostasy, which has wormed it way into the Christian church, and is destroying the church from within, just as a cancer does. You are a blindman trying to lead others into following you, while you yourself do not know the road to salvation. "Better to appear foolish, than to open you mouth and remove all doubt of your foolishness."
Dominus Vobiscum
Voluntarist

United States

#48177 Jan 30, 2013
Youngevity® Essential Life Sciences
( www.youngevity.com , see their affiliate
InfowarsHealth.com ), a wholly-owned
subsidiary of AL International, Inc.(OTC
Pink: JCOF)( www.alintjcof.com ), a fast
growing, innovative, global direct
marketer of healthy lifestyle and
nutritional products and gourmet fortified
coffee, announced today the exciting
results of a series of clinical research
studies performed by Clemson University
– Institute of Nutraceutical Research
(“INR”).
The INR is a national leader in nutritional
research and one of the most highly
regarded organizations in the field of
phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals.
The goals of the INR are to develop
greater confidence in product quality,
effectiveness, and enhance consumer
demand for quality nutraceutical
products.
[...] Youngevity® Clinical Research Study
Highlights:
• Dietary supplement safety is the most
highly regarded aspect of any of the
Youngevity® various products and has
become synonymous with the
Youngevity® name and brand. Although
Youngevity® only uses nutrients that are
absolutely needed by the body and in
forms that are highly bioavailable,
Youngevity® felt it was important to show
empirically the range and degree of safety
through looking at (3) factors –
Genotoxicity, Anti-Genotoxicity, and Anti-
Mutagenicity. The results of the
experiments showed that Beyond Tangy
Tangerine® and Ultimate Classic® at
various concentrations did not show any
genotoxicity.
• When Beyond Tangy Tangerine® and
Ultimate Classic® were administered to
healthy human cell lines, they did not
induce or create any inflammatory
response in levels above and below the
recommended dosage. Beyond Tangy
Tangerine® and Ultimate Classic® showed
inflammation protective properties and
heightened the body’s protective
responses to possible inflammation.
• When Beyond Tangy Tangerine® and
Ultimate Classic® were administered to
healthy human colon cells, there was no
significant death of healthy human cells
compared to cancerous colon cells.
Ultimate Classic® killed 95% of cancerous
colon cells, 65% of cancerous liver cells,
65% of cancerous stomach cells, and 30%
of cancerous breast cells. Beyond Tangy
Tangerine® killed 60% of cancerous colon
cells, 65% of cancerous liver and stomach
cells, and 30% of cancerous breast cells.
• Beyond Tangy Tangerine® and Ultimate
Classic® both exhibited efficient
inhibition on proliferation of cancerous
cells at the recommended dosage levels.
Both products showed there was
inhibition of the growth of more
cancerous cells, preventing further
malignant multiplication and growth of
unhealthy cells.

http://www.infowars.com/al-international-anno...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#48178 Jan 30, 2013
The Second Amendment
Posted on January 29, 2013 by Bulldog1

I received this letter from members of the SOF community on their concerns for America and the Second Amendment. This letter was signed by over 1100 members of the SOF community, of which the names will not be published as this is Active and Retired members.

Whether you agree with it or not, it is well worth the read.

29 Jan 2013

Protecting the Second Amendment – Why all Americans Should Be Concerned

We are current or former Army Reserve, National Guard, and active duty US Army Special Forces soldiers (Green Berets). We have all taken an oath to “…support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same.…” The Constitution of the United States is without a doubt the single greatest document in the history of mankind, codifying the fundamental principle of governmental power and authority being derived from and granted through the consent of the governed. Our Constitution established a system of governance that preserves, protects, and holds sacrosanct the individual rights and primacy of the governed as well as providing for the explicit protection of the governed from governmental tyranny and/or oppression. We have witnessed the insidious and iniquitous effects of tyranny and oppression on people all over the world. We and our forebears have embodied and personified our organizational motto, De Oppresso Liber [To Free the Oppressed], for more than a half century as we have fought, shed blood, and died in the pursuit of freedom for the oppressed

The second part of the current debate is over “high capacity magazines” capable of holding more than 10 rounds in the magazine. As experts in military weapons of all types, it is our considered opinion that reducing magazine capacity from 30 rounds to 10 rounds will only require an additional 6 -8 seconds to change two empty 10 round magazines with full magazines. Would an increase of 6 –8 seconds make any real difference to the outcome in a mass shooting incident? In our opinion it would not. Outlawing such “high capacity magazines” would, however, outlaw a class of firearms that are “in common use”. As such this would be in contravention to the opinion expressed by the U.S. Supreme Court recent decisions.

Moreover, when the Federal Assault Weapons Ban became law in 1994, manufacturers began retooling to produce firearms and magazines that were compliant. One of those ban-compliant firearms was the Hi-Point 995, which was sold with ten-round magazines. In 1999, five years into the Federal Assault Weapons Ban, the Columbine High School massacre occurred. One of the perpetrators, Eric Harris, was armed with a Hi-Point 995. Undeterred by the ten-round capacity of his magazines, Harris simply brought more of them: thirteen magazines would be found in the massacre’s aftermath. Harris fired 96 rounds before killing himself.

The undersigned Quiet Professionals hereby humbly stand ever present, ever ready, and ever vigilant.

1100 Green Berets Signed this Letter
Voluntarist

United States

#48179 Jan 30, 2013
Bruser wrote:
The Second Amendment
Posted on January 29, 2013 by Bulldog1
I received this letter from members of the SOF community on their concerns for America and the Second Amendment. This letter was signed by over 1100 members of the SOF community, of which the names will not be published as this is Active and Retired members.
Whether you agree with it or not, it is well worth the read.
29 Jan 2013
Protecting the Second Amendment – Why all Americans Should Be Concerned
We are current or former Army Reserve, National Guard, and active duty US Army Special Forces soldiers (Green Berets). We have all taken an oath to “…support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same.…” The Constitution of the United States is without a doubt the single greatest document in the history of mankind, codifying the fundamental principle of governmental power and authority being derived from and granted through the consent of the governed. Our Constitution established a system of governance that preserves, protects, and holds sacrosanct the individual rights and primacy of the governed as well as providing for the explicit protection of the governed from governmental tyranny and/or oppression. We have witnessed the insidious and iniquitous effects of tyranny and oppression on people all over the world. We and our forebears have embodied and personified our organizational motto, De Oppresso Liber [To Free the Oppressed], for more than a half century as we have fought, shed blood, and died in the pursuit of freedom for the oppressed
The second part of the current debate is over “high capacity magazines” capable of holding more than 10 rounds in the magazine. As experts in military weapons of all types, it is our considered opinion that reducing magazine capacity from 30 rounds to 10 rounds will only require an additional 6 -8 seconds to change two empty 10 round magazines with full magazines. Would an increase of 6 –8 seconds make any real difference to the outcome in a mass shooting incident? In our opinion it would not. Outlawing such “high capacity magazines” would, however, outlaw a class of firearms that are “in common use”. As such this would be in contravention to the opinion expressed by the U.S. Supreme Court recent decisions.
Moreover, when the Federal Assault Weapons Ban became law in 1994, manufacturers began retooling to produce firearms and magazines that were compliant. One of those ban-compliant firearms was the Hi-Point 995, which was sold with ten-round magazines. In 1999, five years into the Federal Assault Weapons Ban, the Columbine High School massacre occurred. One of the perpetrators, Eric Harris, was armed with a Hi-Point 995. Undeterred by the ten-round capacity of his magazines, Harris simply brought more of them: thirteen magazines would be found in the massacre’s aftermath. Harris fired 96 rounds before killing himself.
The undersigned Quiet Professionals hereby humbly stand ever present, ever ready, and ever vigilant.
They dont matter to the globalist, kissenger calls them dumb stupid animals.

Location hidden

#48180 Jan 30, 2013
Bruser wrote:
When I think of a group of cool, collected, nonviolent professing individuals, for some inexplicable reason, Green Berets never come to mind.
Voluntarist

United States

#48181 Jan 30, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
When I think of a group of cool, collected, nonviolent professing individuals, for some inexplicable reason, Green Berets never come to mind.
Liberals that favor abortions are also violent.
Voluntarist

United States

#48182 Jan 30, 2013
The agenda-driven cable media outlets
have stooped to a new low once again in
effort to (openly) support those pushing
a gun control agenda.
MSNBC’s Martin Bashir claimed that
supporters of gun rights attending a
public hearing on Monday interrupted
the testimony of Neil Heslin, the father
of Jesse Lewis, who was murdered at
Sandy Hook Elementary.
A selective edit of the 15 minute
testimony deliberately portrayed the gun
rights advocates as “hecklers,” by
showing some six seconds, including
statements regarding ‘the second
amendment shall not be infringed.’
What MSNBC chose NOT to show its
audience was the fact that Heslin, who
favors a ban on assault weapons and high-
capacity clips, asked the audience during
his testimony,“I ask if there’s anyone in
this room who can give me one reason, or
challenge this question: Why anybody in
this room needs to have an — one of
these assault-style weapons or military
weapons or high capacity clips?”
The response from so-called “hecklers”
came in an orderly fashion only AFTER
Heslin followed up on silence to his own
question, stating,“Not one person can
answer that question.”
The crowd was, in reality, only
responding to the claim that no one could
answer the question.
See the comparison of the actual
testimony with the MSNBC edit below:

http://www.infowars.com/msnbc-edit-portrays-g...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48183 Jan 30, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever actually watched the Simpsons?
Distraction and not relevant. YOU said Simpson was a SOURCE of WISDOM.

To answer the question, I would say that it would have been a long time ago and certainly it was not a staple. In addition I would have done so when I was at your current mental age. That would make it a lifetime ago.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48184 Jan 30, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being dishonest. This is not at all what Frijoles said.
I know actual facts annoy you (and elude you), but this is what he wrote:
"just because someone says something wise doesnt mean that they were historically real. This is the reason why we have fiction. You have no more proof that Jesus was real than I have that Homer Simpson was real. And that doesnt demean their teaching in any way."
Are you suggesting that the character of Homer never uttered any wisdom?(obviulsy as written by his creators)
Did Jesus ever utter any wisdom?(as recorded by the creators of the bible)

HughBe--- Son son, your man is saying that Simpson is the SOURCE of wisdom. Sit in a corner and THINK, for a change.

Former--You are being dishonest. This is not at all what Frijoles said.

HughBe--- Listen well BOY, don't step beyond your bounds. YOU are LYING, as usual. His actual words follow, DUNCE/LIAR.

Frijoles--"Homer Simpson is also a SOURCE of wisdom"
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#48185 Jan 30, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I need to believe in your god in order for you to follow his rules and wishes?
<quoted text>
Do you do not need to believe in my Santa Claus in order for me to believe in him?
You see where I'm going with this.
What do my beliefs in your god have to do with anything?
<quoted text>
JC's teaching are well known and you simply are not living up to them.
You are a failure as a Christian, Jew or whatever you call yourself.
Get a life!
Get a REAL woman i.e. one without that appendage.

Location hidden

#48186 Jan 30, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals that favor abortions are also violent.
Vegetarians are violent

People who mow lawns are violent

so what?

Location hidden

#48187 Jan 30, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--You are being dishonest. This is not at all what Frijoles said.
HughBe--- Listen well BOY, don't step beyond your bounds. YOU are LYING, as usual. His actual words follow, DUNCE/LIAR.
Frijoles--"Homer Simpson is also a SOURCE of wisdom"
I never said that, ding dong

Why do you lie - my post is one page ago

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 hr free for all 5,081
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 14 hr surfs up 7,955
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles 20 hr bubba 69 2
Dennis W (Veeser) from Krakow Wi. 23 hr Mia 1
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri broombroom 200,976
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Fri scoop 2,273
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey