Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
43,161 - 43,180 of 68,375 Comments Last updated 43 min ago
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer Simpson is also a source of wisdom. Whats your point?
So, in your mind Homer Simpson is the SOURCE of the wisdom that comes from him.

Well, there is nothing more for me to say as your words say it all.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

I thought Messianic Judaism was viewed as a branch of Christianity by the Jewish community.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
I thought Messianic Judaism was viewed as a branch of Christianity by the Jewish community.
"Messianic Judaism" sounds like a branch of Judaism to me.

Tell me, how did the Jews who followed Jesus, the Jew, view their discipleship?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>"Messianic Judaism" sounds like a branch of Judaism to me.

Actually there is debate as to whether they were a group of believers known as the Essenes (Jesus being a Nazarene and all) or not. From an outside perspective (I'm christian), messianic judaism appears to be the closest one can get to seeking The Way as the original twelve did. However, I have read that Jews don't consider it to be a branch of Judaism. Again, I am not a Jew. I am a gentile who chooses to live as closely to the root of the Tree of Life as possible.
jim

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
read the letters of Paul in the new testament

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

jim wrote:
<quoted text>read the letters of Paul in the new testament
Uh uh. You can keep your Paulianity to yourself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

jim wrote:
<quoted text>Then read the bible. Friend
I do. Often.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you being obtuse or what?
Trying to kill a 14 year old girl because she wanted to go to school. Barbaric.
That is your problem you do not know whom to blame. That is why I said you have a "complex personality".

Changing the topic of discussion all of a sudden and go into a different direction altogether. These are tell tale signs of such a personality.

Like me blaming that school shooting incident as "typical American way of living".
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Messianic Jews, if they are really what they claim to be, are the True Jews and the True Christians too.

However if they have taken this title only as a label to misguide people, then they are as false as so many church groups and denominations.

Allah Knows Best.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-48

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : ABD YALAIL AL THAQAFI

ABD YALAIL was one of the chief of Taif, the garden city and summer capital of Makkah people. The city of Taif is situated approx 100 KM from the city of Makkah and it situated at the height of 6000 – 7000 feet above sea level. Its climate is very moderate during the peak summer months.

When he prophet declared his mission, for many years he only addressed to Makkah people and those of Arabian tribes who came to visit Makkah during Hajj and UMRAH. But when his uncle Abu Talib died, prophet started thinking of finding abase outside Makkah as there was no one to support him there.

The first place that came to his mind was the nearby city of Taif. So he went there for the purpose of propagating his mission. Taif in those days was ruled by ABD YALAIL and his two brothers. All these three behaved in a very rude manner. Which was so unbefitting for a ruler to behave towards a visitor from outside their lands.

Not only that, when prophet was returning dejected from their lands, this ABD YALAIL asked children and vagrants of the land to throw pebbles and stones at the prophet, to injure his and his feet.

When prophet captured Makkah in year 8 AH, he laid a siege of the city of Taif, but he removed the siege and left Taif when he found that it would be a very long siege. He used his another weapon “prayer” which was more powerful than all other worldly weapons combined!! While leaving Taif , he prayed “O Allah! Bring THAQIF (tribe of Taif) to me”.

This prayer was accepted by Allah, and barely 80 to 90 days had passed when a deputation from Taif visited Madina. ABD YALAIL was also amber of this deputation. After some arguments, the whole delegation accepted Islam and returned to their land.

There were five leaders in that mission, including ABU MAS’OOD. All these people invited their people to Islam, but the people of Taif threw stones at them and due to which ABU MAS’OOD died the death of martyr.

The people of Taif felt their guilt at what they had done to their earlier leader and then with the preaching of ABD YALAIL and other people, accepted Islam in one day.

What a change had come over this ABD YALAIL, he was once very rude to prophet , now he was chief propagator of his faith, who can doubt the affectivity of “Sword of Prayer and Pardon” which the prophet wielded so effectively.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/122191862

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-48

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : ABD YALAIL AL THAQAFI

ABD YALAIL was one of the chief of Taif, the garden city and summer capital of Makkah people. The city of Taif is situated approx 100 KM from the city of Makkah and it situated at the height of 6000 – 7000 feet above sea level. Its climate is very moderate during the peak summer months.

When he prophet declared his mission, for many years he only addressed to Makkah people and those of Arabian tribes who came to visit Makkah during Hajj and UMRAH. But when his uncle Abu Talib died, prophet started thinking of finding abase outside Makkah as there was no one to support him there.

The first place that came to his mind was the nearby city of Taif. So he went there for the purpose of propagating his mission. Taif in those days was ruled by ABD YALAIL and his two brothers. All these three behaved in a very rude manner. Which was so unbefitting for a ruler to behave towards a visitor from outside their lands.

Not only that, when prophet was returning dejected from their lands, this ABD YALAIL asked children and vagrants of the land to throw pebbles and stones at the prophet, to injure his and his feet.

When prophet captured Makkah in year 8 AH, he laid a siege of the city of Taif, but he removed the siege and left Taif when he found that it would be a very long siege. He used his another weapon “prayer” which was more powerful than all other worldly weapons combined!! While leaving Taif , he prayed “O Allah! Bring THAQIF (tribe of Taif) to me”.

This prayer was accepted by Allah, and barely 80 to 90 days had passed when a deputation from Taif visited Madina. ABD YALAIL was also amber of this deputation. After some arguments, the whole delegation accepted Islam and returned to their land.

There were five leaders in that mission, including ABU MASÂ’OOD. All these people invited their people to Islam, but the people of Taif threw stones at them and due to which ABU MASÂ’OOD died the death of martyr.

The people of Taif felt their guilt at what they had done to their earlier leader and then with the preaching of ABD YALAIL and other people, accepted Islam in one day.

What a change had come over this ABD YALAIL, he was once very rude to prophet , now he was chief propagator of his faith, who can doubt the affectivity of “Sword of Prayer and Pardon” which the prophet wielded so effectively.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/122191862

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
Instigating that age old family feud? Personally, I'm not interested.
Eric

Lake Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your problem you do not know whom to blame. That is why I said you have a "complex personality".
Changing the topic of discussion all of a sudden and go into a different direction altogether. These are tell tale signs of such a personality.
Like me blaming that school shooting incident as "typical American way of living".
The problem is that the perpetrators cited Islamic law (ie, the law enunciated by Muhammad) to support their actions. They did as you said Muhammad had done--kill in a manner best suited to stop people from voicing their opposition and defiance of Islamic teachings and culture.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>The problem is that the perpetrators cited Islamic law (ie, the law enunciated by Muhammad) to support their actions. They did as you said Muhammad had done--kill in a manner best suited to stop people from voicing their opposition and defiance of Islamic teachings and culture.
Seriously?! Do you frickin hear yourself?!
Eric

Lake Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?! Do you frickin hear yourself?!
Absolutely. These are arguments that MUQ used previously in this incessant 'sword' cut and paste. Go back and read some of the trash. MUQ said that it was ok for Muhammad to kill mercilessly because he did so strategically to best stop others from questioning his authority. He said that the best way to win over people is to make examples of others. Then the rest will capitulate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

What a load of BS! Just hateful rantings of a brainwashed human being.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that the perpetrators cited Islamic law (ie, the law enunciated by Muhammad) to support their actions. They did as you said Muhammad had done--kill in a manner best suited to stop people from voicing their opposition and defiance of Islamic teachings and culture.
Do not any one' words at face level, ask him where the prophet ordered than females have "no right to get education"?

From what I know, our prophet said "It is obligatory on every Muslim man and Muslim women to get knowledge".

And he encouraged both Muslim men and women to learn to read and write and within his life time, Arabia transformed from being an "unlettered nation" into where reading and writing became a passion.

These are true situation during the life of our prophet. And you take the words of some "half cooked war lord" at their face value and try to malign Islam and Prophet.

Will your effort get you into the circle of honest people and those people who seek true knowledge or those who will just believe anything and every thing that shows islam and our prophet in bad light?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Instigating that age old family feud? Personally, I'm not interested.
Get a bottle of wine and sleep over it!!

The feud would be gone when your hangover is really over.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Get a bottle of wine and sleep over it!!

The feud would be gone when your hangover is really over.
lol I do love me some wine. Though I'm not the one at war here. There is no feud taking place within me. The battle has already been won for my soul. I feel no need to wage jihad on the infidels because in my mind there are no infidels. Just people. People who are free to worship however they like. I have no need to prove my beliefs to others. They certainly don't have to prove their's to me. So why all the violence?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there is debate as to whether they were a group of believers known as the Essenes (Jesus being a Nazarene and all) or not. From an outside perspective (I'm christian), messianic judaism appears to be the closest one can get to seeking The Way as the original twelve did. However, I have read that Jews don't consider it to be a branch of Judaism. Again, I am not a Jew. I am a gentile who chooses to live as closely to the root of the Tree of Life as possible.
Messianic Christianity is not Judaism. It is a type of Christianity by default. One can not be Jewish and still believe in Jesus as a messiah. Christians such as Hughbe dont get a vote as to what us Jews consider Judaism to be.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
What a load of BS! Just hateful rantings of a brainwashed human being.
We keep MUQ around to amuse ourselves with. Hopefully, in his home country they keep him far away from implements of destruction and farm animals.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••