Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
43,141 - 43,160 of 68,453 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

JOEL wrote:
NAJIS OR IMPURE ENTITIES IN ISLAM:

The real test of impurity - instead of using the misleading word "impure", it'll make better sense to use the word "perversion" or a departure from the normal and presence of damaging/abnormal traits.
Thats really funny. And yet you use the incorrect word "impure" when citing the Jewish dietary laws.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

JOEL wrote:
Thus, perversions include a person given to filthy habits like necrophilia; rapists; terrorists; murderers; thieves; those born of incestuous/hypogamous birth; possessed people; mentally unstable persons and the like.
Do you ever worry you that you might cast your net a bit too wide?
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
A real flamer. Just as I thought.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
A real flamer. Just as I thought.
Yeah, but muscles to die for!
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Ignorance is NOT bliss!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

definitely not.

Bliss is an emotional state that is characterized by perfect happiness (feelings of enjoyment, pleasure, and satisfaction).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bliss

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Ignorance is a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge).[1]

The word ignorant is an adjective describing a person in the state of being unaware and is often used as an insult to describe individuals who deliberately ignore or disregard important information or facts.

Ignoramus is commonly used in the US, the UK, and Ireland as a term for someone who is willfully ignorant.

Ignorance is distinguished from stupidity, although both can lead to "unwise" acts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

http://www.despair.com/index.html

AT DESPAIR,
WE OFFER THE CURE FOR HOPE.
AND FOR SURPRISINGLY AFFORDABLE PRICES.

No industry has inflicted more suffering than the Motivational Industry. Motivational books, speakers and posters have made billions of dollars selling shortcuts to success and tools for unleashing our unlimited potential. At Despair, we know such products only raise hopes to dash them. Thatís why our products go straight to the dashing! Enjoy!
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything thatís even remotely true!
(Homer Simpson)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

BLISS:

Bliss is not an emotional state but is a state of delight of the pure consciousness that is felt or experienced by the individual's merged consciousness in the bliss of the manifested pure consciousness. The bliss of the pure consciousness is experienced when the individualized consciousness, by a supreme yoga, completely rises out of the Cosmic Ignorance and as such frees itself of the restrictions of the causal laws and the unregenerate phenomena of the planes of the lower manifestation. The Bliss of the Pure Consciousness in manifestation is a separate plane of existence that stands high above the planes of supermind, overmind, intuition mind, illumined, higher mind, higher vital, lower vital, subtle physical and gross physical and if made to descend into the lower planes it may be reflected in modified form in the supramental, mental, emotional and physical states of being.

Yeah!
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

A fact may not be a truth but a truth is always a fact!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

JOEL wrote:
BLISS:
Bliss is not an emotional state but is a state of delight of the pure consciousness that is felt or experienced by the individual's merged consciousness in the bliss of the manifested pure consciousness. The bliss of the pure consciousness is experienced when the individualized consciousness, by a supreme yoga, completely rises out of the Cosmic Ignorance and as such frees itself of the restrictions of the causal laws and the unregenerate phenomena of the planes of the lower manifestation. The Bliss of the Pure Consciousness in manifestation is a separate plane of existence that stands high above the planes of supermind, overmind, intuition mind, illumined, higher mind, higher vital, lower vital, subtle physical and gross physical and if made to descend into the lower planes it may be reflected in modified form in the supramental, mental, emotional and physical states of being.
Yeah!
Don't diss bliss on Wikipedia

it will down your day

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything thatís even remotely true!
(Homer Simpson)
I didn't realize Homer was a Republican.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
(Homer Simpson)
We Wonít Let Our Campaign Be Dictated By Fact-Checkers - Romney pollster Neil Newhouse

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
We Wonít Let Our Campaign Be Dictated By Fact-Checkers - Romney pollster Neil Newhouse
Funny you should bring that up

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/25/romn...

Romney Campaign Seeks Correction From Fact-Checker Of Jeep Ad, Fact-Checker Says,'No.'

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't realize Homer was a Republican.
Homer is the archetypal Republican. The little guy who lets himself be led, against his own interests.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer is the archetypal Republican. The little guy who lets himself be led, against his own interests.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I don't know him. He does not exist.
But I assume that he does for you.
And we all know of the teachings; the Beatitudes; the Golden Rule.
And it seems your actions, your words, do not follow in the proper spirit.
Though I'm sure you can rationalize this with your circuitous meanderings.
<quoted text>
It is when you are truly challenged (and even outraged) that the appropriate response matters.
Anyone can be Christ-like in fair weather.
<quoted text>
Wealthy people live with wealthy people and poor people live with poor people.
Your faux indignation cannot undo this simple truth.
You have much to learn my child.
Stay the course.
Former--I am quite sure he would not approve of your resorting to such sharp and cutting invective to make your point, whatever that might be.

HughBe--- How can you be sure given that you don't know Him?

Former--Of course I don't know him. He does not exist.

HughBe--- "He does not exist" and YET you are "quite sure he would not approve" of my comment.

Former--But I assume that he does for you.

HughBe--- So I should be sure and not you.

Former--And we all know of the teachings; the Beatitudes; the Golden Rule.

HughBe-- WE know of the teachings of a fictitious person. Interesting

Former--He was a kind and understanding man who was given to "turning the other cheek."

HughBe--- I too am KIND and understanding and I do turn the other cheek BUT not always.

Former--It is when you are truly challenged (and even outraged) that the appropriate response matters.

HughBe--- Profound

Former--Anyone can be Christ-like in fair weather.

HughBe-- Tell me what would constitute being Christ-like if there is no Christ.

Former---And of course there is de facto segregation of houses of worship (and schools and other institutions) simply by virture of geography/where they are located.

HughBe--- At least you have demonstrated some level of INTELLIGENCE. However, your SEGREGATION ejaculation has taken away from the merit of your words as it shows that you don't have a full grasp of your own words.

Former--Wealthy people live with wealthy people and poor people live with poor people.

HughBe--- Brilliant observation.

Former--Your faux indignation cannot undo this simple truth.

HughBe--- I have not sought to undo a self-evident TRUTH.

Former--You have much to learn my child.Stay the course.

HughBe--Well papa you have stopped learning, what a pity.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--And we all know of the teachings; the Beatitudes; the Golden Rule.
HughBe-- WE know of the teachings of a fictitious person. Interesting
Homer Simpson is also a source of wisdom. Whats your point?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monterey Discussions

Search the Monterey Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 3 min Nom Nom Nom 7,853
Homicide suspect Victor Cabrera has long histor... (Oct '08) 48 min anonymous 11
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 5 hr Orange Cove cow licker 200,366
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr rain or snow to slow 15,928
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 6 hr tail pipe 4,898
No Kids Allowed: Babies Effectively Banned at C... 7 hr Love the Policy 1
Seaside In-N-Out should be ready by summer '15 Wed Watchdog 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search