Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,034
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#47930 Jan 27, 2013
THE SELF AND NON-DUALISM:

1) "They see the Self in the Self by the Self."

The Gita

2)“Where there is duality, there other sees other, other hears, touches, thinks of, knows other. But when one sees all as the Self, by what shall one know it? It is by the Self that one knows all this that is....All betrays him who sees all elsewhere than in the Self; for all this that is is the Brahman (Supreme Consciousness), all beings and all this that is are this Absolute Self.”

Brihadaranyak Upanishad.

3)“THAT in which all these worlds (planes) seem to exist steadily, THAT of which all these worlds are a possession, THAT from which all these worlds arise, THAT for which all these exist, THAT by which all these worlds come into existence and THAT which is indeed all these – THAT alone is the existing Reality. Let us cherish THAT, the Self, which is the Reality....”

– Sri Ramana Maharshi

4)“I am neither mind, nor intellect, nor chitta;

Neither ears, nor tongue, nor eyes,

Neither sky, nor earth,

Neither light, nor air,

I am Consciousness and Bliss incarnate,

I am neither happy, nor suffering,

Neither virtue, nor vice,

Neither mantras, nor sacred places,

Neither food, nor enjoyment, nor the enjoyer,

I am Consciousness and Bliss incarnate,

I am neither death, nor doubt, nor any kind of distinction,

I have neither father, nor mother, nor birth,

Neither relatives do I have, nor friends,

Neither Guru, nor disciples,

I am Consciousness and Bliss incarnate."

Adi Shankara

QUESTION:

What is the limitation of nondualism?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#47931 Jan 27, 2013
QUESTIONS:

1) How does the self differ from the soul?

2) Where are the stations of the self and soul in the individual?

3) What is meant by being?

4) What're the higher planes that exceed being? Why are they not included in being? How can they be be attained to? How can these superior planes of consciousness and energy be made a part of being? What will be the consequences?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#47932 Jan 27, 2013
QUESTION:

How is it possible to stand back from the planes of the Manifestation?
boingo

Tewksbury, MA

#47933 Jan 27, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is probably more food for thought than needed
http://zeek.forward.com/articles/116715/
Wow ... Joel comes to mind ... A lot of words and complexity to say that there were two ways of explaining that God is everything and within everything. The Hindu approach was to be open to the general person, the Jewish approach was to speak in riddles and make simple concepts complicated so that only a few would understand.,,, I can see how this approach would distance people and turn people off ... Still, I got through it and hope I gleemed the basic principle.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#47934 Jan 27, 2013
QUESTION:

What is the fundamental difference between standing back from the Manifestation and coming altogether out of the Manifestation?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#47935 Jan 27, 2013
QUESTION:

What could exist when one comes altogether out of the Manifestation? Is this the ultimate reality? Or are they still further states? Explain.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#47936 Jan 27, 2013
QUESTION:

What is the difference between a monopolar vibration and a bipolar vibration?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#47937 Jan 27, 2013
Going out. Bye.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#47938 Jan 27, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Describe creation from nothing giving all the details.
This is your job as a false Yogi. Why should I tramp on you turf?

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

#47939 Jan 27, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-45
Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.
The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”
The Case of : ABDULLAH (DUL BAJADAIN)
He was a young lad, whose father died when he was quite young.. His uncle took care of him and provided him with camels and other items of daily life, to improve his lot.
Abdullah heard about Islam when he was very young, he was afraid of his uncle and was hoping that he would become Muslim sooner or later. When prophet conquered Makkah and still his uncle did not accept Islam, he went to his uncle and told “I was waiting all these years, hoping that you would accept Islam, but it seems you have no interest in it, but I want to accept Islam”
‘If you want to become Muslim you will have to forgo all your wealth including clothes on your body” his uncle told harshly.
Abdullah immediately renounce all his wealth and dress on his body and went to his mother, naked and told that he has left all his wealth and he want to go to Madina to become Muslim. His mother gave him one blanket, which he cut in two pieces and wrapped around his torso and his shoulder and went to Madina.
He reached Madina during night and went to Prophet’s mosque and waited for prophet to emerge. Prophet saw him after morning prayer and asked his story, Abdullah told his full story, prophet was very much impressed by his sincerity and his faith. He accepted Islam and prophet gave him nickname DUL BAJADAIN which means “One with two blankets”.
Abdullah joined the group of SUFFA and started his learning of Quran and Islamic way of life. Shortly afterward Battle of Tabuk took place. DUL BAJADAIN went to prophet and said “O Messenger of Allah, pray to Allah that I receive martyrdom in this battle”
Prophet asked him to bring the bark of a tree to him. When he came with the bark, prophet tied it on his arm as an arm band and said “O Allah! I prohibit that any Non believer should shed his blood”
DUL BAJADAIN said “I wanted martyrdom, but you have said a thing totally opposite” Prophet replied “If you go forward in way of Allah and you die due to any cause, you are a martyr”
When the army reached Tabuk, DUL BAJADAIN was inflicted with high fever and he died after a brief illness. He was buried during night, with Bilal holding the torch, and Abu Bakr and Omar were lowering him in the grave and prophet was sitting near the grave giving instruction.
When the body was lowered in the grave, prophet prayed “O Allah! I was happy with him till this evening, you also become happy with him”
IBN MASOOD wished,“Oh would I have been in this grave”.
Such was the strange story of Abdullah i.e. DUL BAJADAIN victim of Prophet’ and Islam’ love.
Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
Nobody cares, Muq. You have been asked and refused to answer, you stand with your pedophile prophet now. Go away, stay off topix, and marry your own 8-year old. You are weak, Muq, because you have put your faith in very weak men. You have defiled God, Muq, by holding up as pious and heroic those who, like you, would marry themselves off to eight-year old children. You have no soul, do you? You couldn't answer the straight-forward question I put to you, so you chose to ignore it. The interesting thing about the internet, Muq, is that is interesting. You can meet characters, SOME of which, like you, will make little veilled threats. And some, like me, who will simply seek an opinion. Cowards, like yourself, will ignore the questions and simply resort to the veilled threats. But the questions, they never go away. Muq wants a child-bride, just like Muhammed had.... good refrain for you. Fits. Jackass.
Eric

Bensenville, IL

#47940 Jan 27, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Young Eric, let me give you more help in understanding YOUR words.
You were saying that it was unusual or unexpected that someone with my beliefs would attend 2 Churches with a majority of poorly educated members. This is the CONTEXT of your response.
HughBe---I would have gone to churcheS(PLURAL) where the majority are professionals/business.....
Eric---It's (unusual or unexpected) of those who believe that Jesus was the Messiah and a member of the Triune.
Me twisting words? Au contraire. You are the one who told us that there is segregation amongst the churches by socioeconomic status. My point is that such segregation is unique to those who have fundamental religious beliefs similar to you. The fact that YOU visit both is not relevant. The salient fact is that the two sets of churches exist. And, they exist for those who believe that Jesus is the Messiah and a member of the Triune.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#47941 Jan 28, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Everyone thinks his religions is great or truly spiritual until these claims are put to the test to find out what the religion actually preaches or what its spiritual practices are all about.
wrong

I never thought my religion is better than other religions, rather I thought my religion was better suited for me. And spiritual is not a characteristic of religion, it is a characteristic of the practitioner. Spiritual people can make a religion out of the worship of rocks (with due respect any geologists here).

Its ok = we are used to your projection here.

Location hidden

#47942 Jan 28, 2013
boingo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow ... Joel comes to mind ... A lot of words and complexity to say that there were two ways of explaining that God is everything and within everything. The Hindu approach was to be open to the general person, the Jewish approach was to speak in riddles and make simple concepts complicated so that only a few would understand.,,, I can see how this approach would distance people and turn people off ... Still, I got through it and hope I gleemed the basic principle.
As Jews, we are familiar to the riddle approach - thats how we study Torah. We are intellectually oriented.

That said, there used to be added complications to unlocking the nondualistic traditions within, for the written aspect of it one had to actually FIND a teacher, be over 30 and married (for grounding) and male(before feminism became popular).

Now, thanks to the 60s,70s and 80s we have a whole generation of teachers out there who are not difficult to find, plus the internet and Amazon, so the stuff is easily available though to study it in the primary text still requires a real background. But things have changed. And ironically, the authors I cited, Michaelson and Green, are probably at the forefront at making it available to the wider Jewish public.

Location hidden

#47943 Jan 28, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Me twisting words? Au contraire. You are the one who told us that there is segregation amongst the churches by socioeconomic status. My point is that such segregation is unique to those who have fundamental religious beliefs similar to you. The fact that YOU visit both is not relevant. The salient fact is that the two sets of churches exist. And, they exist for those who believe that Jesus is the Messiah and a member of the Triune.
I have been trying to follow this "debate" until I gave up because it didnt seem like a debate. Now I know how my conversations probably sound with Hughbe.

Frijoles: A
Hughbe: B
Frijoles: See, B
Hughbe explain B:
Frijoles:?

Or

Hughbe:?
Hughbe:? again

Location hidden

#47944 Jan 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Nature is what people take for granted and never think who provided all that.
Every one thinks that they have full right to use things present in nature, and do not think from where they come and do not thank who provided them.
In fact nature is the "excuse" most people use when denying God or Creator of this universe.
??.

Most religions require people to consider where they come from and thank who provided them.

You are odd.

Location hidden

#47945 Jan 28, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Everyone thinks his religions is great or truly spiritual until these claims are put to the test to find out what the religion actually preaches or what its spiritual practices are all about.
Religion is merely a TECHNOLOGY.

Who are you to decide as to which is the best or the more efficient technology to be used by somebody other than yourself?

Location hidden

#47946 Jan 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Nature is what people take for granted and never think who provided all that.
Every one thinks that they have full right to use things present in nature, and do not think from where they come and do not thank who provided them.
In fact nature is the "excuse" most people use when denying God or Creator of this universe.
I think what you were trying to say was that SOME PEOPLE (not everyone) think they have full right to use things present in nature, and do not think from where they come and do not thank who provided them.

I might add that just because one is agnostic/atheist or secular does not mean they dont think where things come from. There is an entire secular profession called Natural Resource Management.

What you are trying to do (I think) is to posit a divide between the inanimate perspective and the religious perspective. Personally, I dont buy that, but it IS fertile ground for argument, I concede. Thanks for the answer.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#47947 Jan 28, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Spiritual people can make a religion out of the worship of rocks.
Spirituality is the science of the Spirit.

Spirit is a loose term for a particular grade - the Self - of the Supreme Consciousness in manifestation.

Worshipping a rock or a demon can only make you as great as these entities that rank among the lowest or among the most inferior aspects of the Manifestation.

Anyway.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#47948 Jan 28, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Religion is merely a TECHNOLOGY.
Religion is a THEOLOGY.

A TECHNOLOGY would provide one with an efficient means of directly tapping into the source that it is devised to investigate.

The highlights of religion or theology are - mumbo jumbo prayers, head bowing, staying offline on a particular day, fasting, throwing salt over one's shoulder, wearing a specific garment, growing a beard, blowing a horn, counting beads and the like keep you anchored to the same plane of consciousness and energy that one is in.

I hope you got the difference between technology and theology (religion).

Thank you.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#47949 Jan 28, 2013
idgaf wrote:
How is it that at times you are speaking in some crazy language about Adam and your grandmother, then you hop over to monty python followed by plain english hehehhe you are funny rabbeeeeeeeeeee
rabbee: well that only proves, it is not my way of writting. but the subject matter, you are unfamiliar with here in IT.

and that your version, of what is going on. is not the same as G-D'S Version, of what is really happening again. indicating your level, of being deluded. and jndicating the many ways, you have of avoiding the truth. when there is but one way, to tell it. and it is by choice, you have decieved yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 12 Alex Montgomery 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
the music thread (Apr '12) Dec 2 Musikologist 18
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web