Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,141)

Showing posts 42,801 - 42,820 of65,597
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
In all fairness, I wasn't accusing him of referring to his Jewish ethnicity as a surrogate for racial embarrassment. I just thought the idea that others did was very interesting.
(Especially since many Jews from the middle east are dark skinned, and then there are those from Africa...)
I would never endeavor to speak for you, my Rabbi.

His statements speak clearly enough for me.

As my Italian-American coworkers used to say, "He thinks who the hell he is!"

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
There might be an element of truth in it, though. In many countries, Christianity is a religions of the poor, so in an attempt to distance himself from the "lower classes", he attempted to reconnect with his Jewish roots, only to be rejected because of his Christian beliefs. So now he is on a vengeful tirade against Rabbis and all things Jewish.
Reading the original article I linked to, it sounds like the Jamaican Jewish community has been limping along for quite some time, and has lost a lot of (or never had) its traditional culture, or more significantly its expression of that culture (they may still carry it around in their heads).

So it might be that Huggy has never been exposed to real traditional Jewish culture. Which would mean he is really clueless when he does interact with the real Jews there, making rejection more surprising from his side.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never endeavor to speak for you, my Rabbi.
His statements speak clearly enough for me.
As my Italian-American coworkers used to say, "He thinks who the hell he is!"
That all said, I'd rather be in the Caribbean right now, even with all the crazy zealots like him running around (don't drop the soap), than outside here in the 10 degrees.

I am honored to be your Rabbi. Just please note I don't do weddings, bar mitzvahs, or funerals.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
That all said, I'd rather be in the Caribbean right now, even with all the crazy zealots like him running around (don't drop the soap), than outside here in the 10 degrees.
I am honored to be your Rabbi. Just please note I don't do weddings, bar mitzvahs, or funerals.
How about the ceremonial snip snip?

:)

“Deep as a puddle...”

Since: Dec 07

Sharp as a brick...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgot to answer the question, went off in another direction ... I was raised in a home with a non-practicing Catholic father and a Catholic mother who converted to Christianity ... I personally never took up any of it ... From a young age I had too many simple questions that the grown-ups at church could not answer ... 2nd grade I asked the Sunday school teacher in reading Genesis ... IDGAF "How many Gods were there?"...FAE "Child of course there was only One" ...IDGAF "How come Genisis states ... Let's make man in Our image"... FAE "The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost"... I didn't quite buy that explanation and simply understood that she did not know ... She struggled ...
So, I went to Sunday school and all that good stuff, but somehow, I was never content with what people talked about ... Couldn't understand the blind faith ... I understand it now, people simply need something to believe in ... The thought of being born, living and dying couldn't have been without reason ...
Why do you say your mother "converte to Christianity" when she was a Catholic to start with? That sounds like some sort of strange double-speak. Catholics are Christians, and, despite denominational semantics, vice-versa.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the ceremonial snip snip?
:)
Everybody has their price

“Deep as a puddle...”

Since: Dec 07

Sharp as a brick...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-43
yeah, you keep posting this crap, but you couldn't answer a simple yes or no question about whether or not you would consider a grown man who enters into a marriage with an 8-year child to be a man of honor or not, much less one of piety. You have no moral compass, Muq. Muslims rarely do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Where is our favorite battyman from the island, anyhow?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
How can use of the term "high-powered job" NOT be construed as class conscious?
rabbee: a high powered job, could be a suicide vest made from plex-x. with a napoleon, blownapart complex.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You get a cu-pie prize for that admittance.
I shall treasure your gift and it shall be an ornament in my house. It shall always remind me that you have a very strong feminine side.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
And no doubt some of your best friends are black people.
Your words do not ring true.
You have said many things in the past indicating your class-conscious thinking, mindset and ways.
Do you really expect this entire history of your own words to now be overlooked? This is your pattern of making statements and then attempting to suddenly disavow your own words.
You forgot that some of us actually remember you and your words.
<quoted text>
Integrity is not a quality you are known for here on this forum.
(Not saying you don't have it, just saying not the quality that come to mind.)
Instead, I would say the word "bluster" comes to mind.
<quoted text>
Focusing on a typo only points up your own weak position. Is that really what you want to focus on?
Former--I know you avoid mingling with the hoi polloi at all costs,

HUghBe---Another confirmation that you know very little. I attend 2 denominations of Christianity. When I started attending the first one MOST of the members were at the level of domestic helpers and I had a high-powered job and a graduate degree. Do you understand BOY? The other church is no different and its members are literally barely literate. Get it BOY?

Former--And no doubt some of your best friends are black people.

HughBe--- Knowing your understanding of BEST I would say close friends. Most of my dear friends are white given that whites form the majority of the Jamaican population.

I also have white Rump Boys who are my friends including you and Frijoles.

Former--Your words do not ring true.

HughBe--- That is because you are not familiar with TRUTH.

Former--You have said many things in the past indicating your class-conscious thinking, mindset and ways.

HughBe--- It all went over your head.

Former--Do you really expect this entire history of your own words to now be overlooked? This is your pattern of making statements and then attempting to suddenly disavow your own words.

HughBe--- I am CONSTANT as the Norther Star.

Former--You forgot that some of us actually remember you and your words.

HughBe-- I have not forgotten that it is the habit of some to FABRICATE and to FALSELY attribute words to others.

Former-- you consider yourself better than your fellow man -

HughBe--- My BOY all men are not created equal. I have been blessed more than most but don't blame me for that. Besides I place a PREMIUM on my INTEGRITY a quality that is very deficient on this forum.

Former--Integrity is not a quality you are known for here on this forum.

HughBe--- Your words reflect a mind that is seared with hot iron.

Former--but this lack of basic language skills is quite concering to "the many" on this forum.

HughBe--- I have no doubt that it is "concering" to the legions but it is not to the wise. And BOY, I would be a JACKASS like you if I did not know that you are capable of spelling the word in quotation marks.

Former--Focusing on a typo only points up your own weak position. Is that really what you want to focus on?

HughBe--- YOU have not understood my words so go back and read them again and again.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
What next for Huggy, skin bleaching?
http://tinyurl.com/aq62czy
Yes but in a thousand lifetimes from now.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
How can use of the term "high-powered job" NOT be construed as class conscious?
I'm NOT the author of the expression and I was simply describing it in the way that others would do. If I were class conscious in the way that you are speaking I would NEVER have attended those two churches.

I would have gone to churches where the majority are professionals/business people and YES there are those types of churches.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
Where is our favorite battyman from the island, anyhow?
It seems to me that batty in the US means pu..y

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I shall treasure your gift and it shall be an ornament in my house. It shall always remind me that you have a very strong feminine side.
Just dont bring it to church
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles--Just please note I don't do weddings, bar mitzvahs, or funerals.

HughBe--- Rabbi, remind him that you do BUTTS.It is not good enough to only list the things that you do not do.
Eric

Lake Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

I would have gone to churches where the majority are professionals/business people and YES there are those types of churches.
It's an anomaly amongst those who believe that Jesus is the Messiah and part of the triune.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody has their price
rabbee: yeah! but it is the actual cost, that actually worries me.
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

CoR: I don't believe in god due to lack of evidence. I am an atheist.
Idgaf: you've never from your early childhood believed in a higher power than yourself? Really? What did you say the last time something bad happened to you? OMG?
CoR: I assumed you were agnostic based on your previous posts where you seemed to question the existence of god and/or his attributes, claiming it was unknowable.
Idgaf: the fact that I claim that God is unknowable cannot be why I would be agnostic. I am 100 percent convinced that it is not possible to know God and that He/She/It is something humans simply don't understand. That being said, I believe there is something more powerful than I, what it is, I don't know, but I believe that energy is there somewhere. Call it God, call it Jesus, Call it Heaven or what you may.
CoR: The question is malformed and presents a false dichotomy.Personally, I would refuse to take the test if the proctor of the exam is going to be a prick and not even tell me what's on it.
Idgaf: you are quick ... At times I think you are nearly following me and at times you misunderstand what I state. The point of the question was to bring the exact answer without the "prick" to light. Why would you waste time trying to pease something that you cannot possibly understand? Going to church. Reading the bible, torah, etc? Praying? In my mind, you will be better prepared to simply live your life and leave nothing on the table. If God is there, you will find out in due time, if God is not there, you will never know.
CoR: OTOH, I might still study one or more of the above topics in an effort to better educate myself, even if I don't intend to take any test.
Idgaf: was not the point of the question, but a good thought none-the-less. Why are you an athiest? Is it possible nothing more powerful than the human exists? Like I said, I believe in what I call God, but it is not like the masses believe. The books tell stories that were put together by humans. You mentioned or asked why I need a God to live. I don't. I choose to believe in something greater than myself 'cause like the ants, we are much more powerful than they and so something more powerful than us is out there somewhere. We have simply not met that yet. Is it God? Is it alien? Is it our Maker? Who knows. That's one of the mysteries.

Just think, if everyone believed what you and I believe even though we believe differently, you and I wouldn't be discussing such an interesting subject.
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Idgaf: mom was catholic turned to another christian branch.
CoR: Why can't your life have reason or purpose without a god?
Idgaf: I'm perfectly fine. Where's ur question coming from? Angle? Too many people need to believe. Read my posts from earlier. Maybe I was asleep writing and confused u.

CoR: The only thing a god would provide is an externally determined purpose. You can still have an internally determined purpose(s) without a god. And why do we need childish stories of eternal reward or damnation to coerce us into being good. I certainly don't. Do you?

Idgaf: read what I wrote and interpret as you wish ... I am getting "we are in violent agreement" from you on many points in a strange sort of way

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 42,801 - 42,820 of65,597
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance