Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
42,661 - 42,680 of 68,453 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
That could be construed as inciting violence.
It could be be. But I think it would be a stretch.

Are you into political correctness?

You don't strike me that way.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

How to buy a fake girlfriend

With everyone talking about online deception, we take a look at men who hire online girlfriends

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/20/how_to_buy_a_...
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
better that than your spouse
I'll have you know that my dog is one cute puppy. My spouse is a good looking lady too. Hahahhah
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
In all honestly, I immediately regretted my post that you were almost there. It sounded arrogant, even if that wasnt the intent.
GOd in a glass? interesting idea for an experiment. My way around that is to borrow from the panenetheistic point of view. That way, God is not only in the glass, but god is the glass itself. Problem solved.
It's hard to tell the difference between arrogance and simple stupidity, you're not there yet. We write stuff we don't intend to sometimes. Happens to me all the time.

God in a glass/cube can be tested by raising a child in isolation through full growth. No languages, no religions, no numbers. Pure isolation will most likely yield what the American Indians were or close to it. As long as the great conquistadores don't come and show him/her the errors of his/her way, I think we'd find that the child wouldn't know God. But then again, what if after 18 yrs in the cube, the kid immediately knows God and Jesus? Would be a good experiment, not very nice, but still a good experiment.

I bet we could learn a lot of things and possibly prove some things one way or the other.

I am still looking for someone to explain to me why Jesus didn't manifest Himself to the American Indians and to many others. Doesn't seem to be something that is written in the books. An all powerful God would have reached out to all. Pick Jesus and the Jews to tell the world he was here? I probably have this all mixed up. The catholic religion?

Things to ponder. What if there is no God? What if the stories we read were tainted with man's self-interests? If there is a God, do we expect Him/Her to be like us?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-42

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : ABU DHARR GHIFARI

ABU DHARR belonged to the tribe of GHIFAR of Arabia. This tribe had a bad reputation of engaging in highway robbery and every one was afraid of people from this tribe.

When the prophet declared his mission and this information spread thru out Arabia, ABU DHARR also got curious. He sent his brother UNAIS to go to Makkah and find out about this prophet and his teachings. UNAIS was the poet of the tribe and a powerful orator himself.

UNAIS came and lived for a few days in Makkah, he met prophet, and listened to his sermons and talks. When he went back ABU DHARR asked him, and he said that “people say that he is poet, but what he says is not poetry”…..but he did not say more about his teachings.

ABU DHARR then decided to go himself and see for himself. He reached Makkah, but he did not know anyone in Makkah, neither he knew about prophet, so he just waited in Kaaba, perchance he may find him there. When evening came, Ali the cousin of prophet seeing one man from outside Makkah and no one to help him, took him with him to his house for food and shelter. In the morning ABU DHARR went back to Kaaba as on previous day, this continued for three days.

On fourth day, Ali asked him about his purpose of visit to Makkah and ABU DHARR told him after lot of persuasion. Ali then took him to prophet. Prophet explained to him about Islam and rehearsed some verses from Quran. ABU DHARR immediately accepted Islam and became some of the earliest entrants to Islam.

Prophet advised him to go back to his tribe and meet him, when Islam became stronger,“No ! O Messenger of Allah” said ABU DHARR “I will go to Kaaba and rehearse this Quran openly there” Saying this he went to Kaaba and started reciting Quran in aloud voice.

QURAISH were stunned, for first few moments, they looked aghast, then they pounced on ABU DHARR from all directions and started beating him. They were beating and were about to kill him, when some one said “Do you know this man is from GHIFAR tribe. If you kill them they will make your travels very dangerous”.

So they left him and people dropped him to the house of ABBAS, uncle of prophet and he returned to his tribe a fully committed Muslim.

ABU DHARR joined prophet in Madina when he heard that prophet had migrated there. ABU DHARR has had a high place in Islam and amongst the companions of prophet. He lived the life close to hermit in Islam and was well renowned for his forceful talk, whenever he noticed any thing which he considered wrong.

He died during the Caliphate of Othman, the third Caliph of Islam in a place called RABDHA, which is in the outskirts of Madina.

Such was the wonderful story of ABU DHARR “critically wounded” by the “sword of Truth and Quran” wielded by prophet. A single stroke was enough to enslave and capture him for life!

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>
Things to ponder. What if there is no God? What if the stories we read were tainted with man's self-interests? If there is a God, do we expect Him/Her to be like us?
Valid questions to be asked of the dualistic paradigm. Thats why non dual approaches tend to be more attractive to some people, as the god concept is less personal and more holistic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nondualism#Defin...

Within my own Jewish tradition, we have the Hasidic traditions which are often more nondual than the conventional dualistic approach.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, too.
Your quotes do not address my points which I have kept to myself.
As I mentioned..."Continuing to go back and show you your own words becomes tedious and tiresome, and frankly, boring."
So I will take a pass on doing so.
We can move on.
I will use fresh material moving forward to point out your silly and inconsistent ways.
It will be like shooting fish in a barrel.
Former--Your quotes do not address my points which I have KEPT to myself.

HughBe--- "Kept to myself" is indeed TRUE and imaginary.

My quotes give sequence, context and history. Note the post numbers.

Given the context demonstrate how I was trying to explain away anything as you have so FALSELY said plus explain your use of MANY.

Show the "hypocrisy, inconsistency, or faulty logic " in my posts as you have so FALSELY asserted.

What is the LOGIC etc. of your false ejaculations at this time?

Former--You are from a culture that does not say "mon"? Though MANY of your fellow citizens do??

HughBe---What I am saying is that I don't know of MANY Jamaicans saying MON. Get it?

Post 47414

HughBe-- I am unable to relate to the MANY.

Former---This sounds very elitist.

HughBe-- regardless of sounds, the reality is, it is factual.

Former--I know you are very class-conscious and think much of yourself.

HughBe--MANY is not being used in the way that you have interpreted it.

I thought that you were following the conversation.

The issue is not class. What I am saying is that I don't know of MANY Jamaicans saying MON. Get it?

Former's response to the above--post 47416

HughBe --I thought that you were following the conversation...

Former--Everytimg someone disagrees with you and/or points out your hypocrisy, inconsistency, or faulty logic - you TRY IN VAIN TO EXPLAIN IT AWAY by saying they simply don't understand or aren't "following the conversation."

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Former, it is my hope that the special time of month has now passed for you and so I expect an improvement in your LOGIC and conduct.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to tell the difference between arrogance and simple stupidity, you're not there yet. We write stuff we don't intend to sometimes. Happens to me all the time.
God in a glass/cube can be tested by raising a child in isolation through full growth. No languages, no religions, no numbers. Pure isolation will most likely yield what the American Indians were or close to it. As long as the great conquistadores don't come and show him/her the errors of his/her way, I think we'd find that the child wouldn't know God. But then again, what if after 18 yrs in the cube, the kid immediately knows God and Jesus? Would be a good experiment, not very nice, but still a good experiment.
I bet we could learn a lot of things and possibly prove some things one way or the other.
I am still looking for someone to explain to me why Jesus didn't manifest Himself to the American Indians and to many others. Doesn't seem to be something that is written in the books. An all powerful God would have reached out to all. Pick Jesus and the Jews to tell the world he was here? I probably have this all mixed up. The catholic religion?
I find it intriguing how you capitalize the pronoun 'Him" when referring to god or Jesus. I've only ever seen devout Christians do that. Were you raised in a devout religious, Christian houshold before becoming what appears to be an agnostic?
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>
....Things to ponder. What if there is no God? What if the stories we read were tainted with man's self-interests? If there is a God, do we expect Him/Her to be like us?
Reminded me of one of my favorite quotes:

If God created us in his own image, we have more than reciprocated.
Voltaire

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/v/vo...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

HughBe wrote:
Former, it is my hope that the special time of month has now passed for you and so I expect an improvement in your LOGIC and conduct.
Did you not say you saw god when you looked in the mirror and that what is acceptable to you is acceptable to your god?

And then proceed to deny these statements in the next breath?

Do your words have meaning are are they better ignored by "the many"?

I think it is you who has begun to cycle along with the girls....

Are you experiencing the "crimson tide"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

former res wrote:
15. Miss Scarlett's Come Home to Tara

14. Trolling for Vampires

13. A Dishonorable Discharge from the Uterine Navy

12. Saddling Old Rusty

11. Feelin' Menstru-riffic!

10. Clean-Up in Aisle One

9. Massacre at the Y

8. T-Minus 9 Months and Holding

7. Game Day for the Crimson Tide

6. Panty Shields Up, Captain!

5. Taking Carrie to the Prom

4. Playing Banjo in Sgt. Zygote's Ragtime Band

3. Ordering l'Omelette Rouge

2. Arts and Crafts Week at Panty Camp

1. Rebooting the Ovarian Operating System

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--Your quotes do not address my points which I have KEPT to myself.
HughBe--- "Kept to myself" is indeed TRUE and imaginary.
My quotes give sequence, context and history. Note the post numbers.
Given the context demonstrate how I was trying to explain away anything as you have so FALSELY said plus explain your use of MANY.
Show the "hypocrisy, inconsistency, or faulty logic " in my posts as you have so FALSELY asserted.
What is the LOGIC etc. of your false ejaculations at this time?

It is common knowledge to us Jews that Mons is THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT JAMAICAN WORD.

SPEAK JAMAICAN.COM
The Most In Depth, Authentic and Easy to Follow Guide Avaliable Online to Learn and Understand Jamaican Patois and Culture
http://www.speakjamaican.com/glossary/#m

Mon-
Perhaps the single most important Jamaican word,“Mon” can represent every person in Jamaica—man, woman, and child. Yes mon!(Yes man, woman, or child!)
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
15. Miss Scarlett's Come Home to Tara
14. Trolling for Vampires
13. A Dishonorable Discharge from the Uterine Navy
12. Saddling Old Rusty
11. Feelin' Menstru-riffic!
10. Clean-Up in Aisle One
9. Massacre at the Y
8. T-Minus 9 Months and Holding
7. Game Day for the Crimson Tide
6. Panty Shields Up, Captain!
5. Taking Carrie to the Prom
4. Playing Banjo in Sgt. Zygote's Ragtime Band
3. Ordering l'Omelette Rouge
2. Arts and Crafts Week at Panty Camp
1. Rebooting the Ovarian Operating System
Funny!

My dear old mother has referred to it as "the disappointed womb/uterus." (can't recall which term she used....)
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe you should get out more often.
It is common knowledge to us Jews that Mons is THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT JAMAICAN WORD.
SPEAK JAMAICAN.COM
The Most In Depth, Authentic and Easy to Follow Guide Avaliable Online to Learn and Understand Jamaican Patois and Culture
Mon-
Perhaps the single most important Jamaican word,“Mon” can represent every person in Jamaica—man, woman, and child. Yes mon!(Yes man, woman, or child!)
yeah....methinks he's just a big, fat liar, Mon!!

(Many haters tend to be that way.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

The official motto of Jamaica is, "Out of Many People, One People." The motto expresses the fact that Jamaicans include people of African, European, Arabic (Lebanese descendants known as "Syrians"), Chinese, and East Indian descent. If Jamaicans had a second motto, it would be "No problem, Mon." Phrases like this and "No pressure, no problem" reflect the carefree, happy-go-lucky spirit of the Jamaican people.

Read more: http://www.everyculture.com/wc/Germany-to-Jam...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
The official motto of Jamaica is, "Out of Many People, One People." The motto expresses the fact that Jamaicans include people of African, European, Arabic (Lebanese descendants known as "Syrians"), Chinese, and East Indian descent. If Jamaicans had a second motto, it would be "No problem, Mon." Phrases like this and "No pressure, no problem" reflect the carefree, happy-go-lucky spirit of the Jamaican people.
Read more: http://www.everyculture.com/wc/Germany-to-Jam...
I hardly consider Huggy the happy-go-lucky type. More like the up tight, control freak, self-righteous type.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny!
My dear old mother has referred to it as "the disappointed womb/uterus." (can't recall which term she used....)
I just noticed that "a visit from Aunt Flo" was missing from the list.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not say you saw god when you looked in the mirror and that what is acceptable to you is acceptable to your god?
And then proceed to deny these statements in the next breath?
Do your words have meaning are are they better ignored by "the many"?
Former---Did you not say you saw god when you looked in the mirror and that what is acceptable to you is acceptable to your god?

HughBe--- what is the bearing on the current topic? How does that show lack of logic?

Former---And then proceed to deny these statements in the next breath?

HughBe--- Am I you? NO. I stand by my comments unless joking. Put it this way I did NOT deny anything. Lack of understanding and deceit are your problems.

Former--Do your words have meaning are are they better ignored by "the many"?

HughBe--- "the many" including you will not understand my words but they are FULL of meanings.

Former---I think it is you who has begun to cycle along with the girls....

HughBe--- projection.

Former--Are you experiencing the "crimson tide"?

HughBe--- Indeed I am expecting YOU to have another tide 30 days from now. If you do before please warn me, dearest.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe you should get out more often.
SPEAK JAMAICAN.COM
Mon-
Who made you a spokesman for "US Jews"?

Why do you seek to misrepresent the Jewish people, aspiring rabbi?

Finally, YOU are in no position to speak for my Jewish relatives as you lack the intellect among other things.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monterey Discussions

Search the Monterey Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 8 hr seekers 4,900
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 8 hr Pole swap 7,855
Homicide suspect Victor Cabrera has long histor... (Oct '08) 10 hr anonymous 11
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 14 hr Orange Cove cow licker 200,366
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 15 hr rain or snow to slow 15,928
No Kids Allowed: Babies Effectively Banned at C... 16 hr Love the Policy 1
Seaside In-N-Out should be ready by summer '15 Wed Watchdog 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search