Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,134)

Showing posts 42,661 - 42,680 of65,120
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- Please read what follows in 1,2,3 and 4 and tell me if you are an IDIOT or a JACKASS. Thanks...
Thank you, too.

Your quotes do not address my points which I have kept to myself.

As I mentioned..."Continuing to go back and show you your own words becomes tedious and tiresome, and frankly, boring."

So I will take a pass on doing so.

We can move on.

I will use fresh material moving forward to point out your silly and inconsistent ways.

It will be like shooting fish in a barrel.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
He mentioned "popping" alex jones with an assault weapon with his brothers uniform on.
Would I have to do my own research in order to prove your point or will you show what you're talking about?

Either a transcript or a clip would help.

We usually back up our words around here...
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Would I have to do my own research in order to prove your point or will you show what you're talking about?
Either a transcript or a clip would help.
We usually back up our words around here...
Piers Morgan and Guests Discuss Shooting Alex Jones
Daily Beast writer Buzz Bissinger says Piers Morgan should “pop”
Alex Jones with a semi-automatic weapon.
Aaron Dykes
Infowars.com
January 8, 2013
CNN and the gun grabbing media are now calling for Alex Jones to be
shot the day after his heated appearance with Piers Morgan.
In a segment on Piers Morgan’s CNN program, sports columnist for the
Daily Beast, Buzz Bissinger, shockingly states:
“I don’t care what the justification is that you’re allowed in this
country to own a semi-automatic weapon – much less a handgun. But
what do you need a semi-automatic weapon for? The only reason I
think you’d need it is, Piers, challenge Alex Jones to a boxing match,
show up with a semi-automatic that you got legally and pop him.”
Abby Huntsman (Huffington Post):“I’d love to see that…[laughter] in
uniform.”
Piers Morgan:“I’ll borrow my brothers uniform.”

http://www.infowars.com/veiled-threat-piers-m...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Piers Morgan and Guests Discuss Shooting Alex Jones
Daily Beast writer Buzz Bissinger says Piers Morgan should “pop”
Alex Jones with a semi-automatic weapon.
Aaron Dykes
Infowars.com
January 8, 2013
CNN and the gun grabbing media are now calling for Alex Jones to be
shot the day after his heated appearance with Piers Morgan.
In a segment on Piers Morgan’s CNN program, sports columnist for the
Daily Beast, Buzz Bissinger, shockingly states:
“I don’t care what the justification is that you’re allowed in this
country to own a semi-automatic weapon – much less a handgun. But
what do you need a semi-automatic weapon for? The only reason I
think you’d need it is, Piers, challenge Alex Jones to a boxing match,
show up with a semi-automatic that you got legally and pop him.”
Abby Huntsman (Huffington Post):“I’d love to see that…[laughter] in
uniform.”
Piers Morgan:“I’ll borrow my brothers uniform.”
http://www.infowars.com/veiled-threat-piers-m...
I thought for a second Piers threatened to shoot Jones.

Sounds like a bad joke. Poor taste for sure.

So sue him.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many scientists of just about every faith, including xianity and is-lame. Science does not deny the Gods. Science only looks to see the naturalistic processes involved in this world without reference to ANY form of the supernatural.
That post gets the Frijoles Seal of Approval

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/medi...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

idgaf wrote:
Beans, you have good thoughts. I like 'em. I don't think I'm almost anywhere. I simply can't understand how people can just believe in something cause they read a book or heard a story. I like to live from experience. I also am a firm believer that you learn from doing and experimenting. Scientists (if I were a good one) experiment and think. They ask hard questions that are not simple to answer. Let's assume that I was almost a scientist, but not quite a scientist, maybe a realist like an engineer, how would I address the concept of God?
Maybe I'd look for any kind of proof. I'd fail to find any. I'd find lots of stories and testimonies, but no one would be able to answer my simple questions. I might try to harness this energy somehow? Can we capture God in a glass? I'd maybe do some experiments. One that comes to mind is to bring a child to term. Raise the child in an isolated cube. No external influences. No teachings. Would this child by nature know God? After a full life in isolation with no foreign influences, I'd test the theory that we have God within. My guess is that this child would not know God any better than the American indians knew when the white man came to the new world. Of course, figuring this out would be a challenge. The problem with this problem of God and religion and science is that we tend to vary too many variables.
In conducting investigations, the most common mistake is to ignore the impacts of variables upon variables.
Peace out Beans ... Saw your response and didn't make the connection, then again, I was cat at that moment. Multipersonalities are hard to control :)-
In all honestly, I immediately regretted my post that you were almost there. It sounded arrogant, even if that wasnt the intent.

GOd in a glass? interesting idea for an experiment. My way around that is to borrow from the panenetheistic point of view. That way, God is not only in the glass, but god is the glass itself. Problem solved.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Jew HATER, get behind me but not to fulfill your heart's desire.
You really need to formally exit the closet.

I mean this sincerely. It will clean up your existential crisis, and probably clear up your acne as well as a bonus.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
So sue him.
Piers is habitually uncouth. Dont know why the right wing bothers to give him more influence than he really has.
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
That post gets the Frijoles Seal of Approval
http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/medi...
Looks like my dog ...
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
So sue him.
That could be construed as inciting violence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like my dog ...
better that than your spouse
Asian Guy

Lynbrook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

I went to an Israeli forum and they were saying things like how Christianity teaching Jews to love Gentiles didn't make sense and that Jesus was in Hell with Hussein and Hitler...there goes my support.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Asian Guy wrote:
I went to an Israeli forum and they were saying things like how Christianity teaching Jews to love Gentiles didn't make sense and that Jesus was in Hell with Hussein and Hitler...there goes my support.
http://blogiverstravels.files.wordpress.com/2...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Piers is habitually uncouth. Dont know why the right wing bothers to give him more influence than he really has.
Can't say I really enjoy his show.

Then again I didn't watch Larry King either.

I still miss that lefty Phil Donahue!

Seriously though - Charlie Rose is pretty good.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
That could be construed as inciting violence.
It could be be. But I think it would be a stretch.

Are you into political correctness?

You don't strike me that way.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

How to buy a fake girlfriend

With everyone talking about online deception, we take a look at men who hire online girlfriends

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/20/how_to_buy_a_...
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
better that than your spouse
I'll have you know that my dog is one cute puppy. My spouse is a good looking lady too. Hahahhah
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
In all honestly, I immediately regretted my post that you were almost there. It sounded arrogant, even if that wasnt the intent.
GOd in a glass? interesting idea for an experiment. My way around that is to borrow from the panenetheistic point of view. That way, God is not only in the glass, but god is the glass itself. Problem solved.
It's hard to tell the difference between arrogance and simple stupidity, you're not there yet. We write stuff we don't intend to sometimes. Happens to me all the time.

God in a glass/cube can be tested by raising a child in isolation through full growth. No languages, no religions, no numbers. Pure isolation will most likely yield what the American Indians were or close to it. As long as the great conquistadores don't come and show him/her the errors of his/her way, I think we'd find that the child wouldn't know God. But then again, what if after 18 yrs in the cube, the kid immediately knows God and Jesus? Would be a good experiment, not very nice, but still a good experiment.

I bet we could learn a lot of things and possibly prove some things one way or the other.

I am still looking for someone to explain to me why Jesus didn't manifest Himself to the American Indians and to many others. Doesn't seem to be something that is written in the books. An all powerful God would have reached out to all. Pick Jesus and the Jews to tell the world he was here? I probably have this all mixed up. The catholic religion?

Things to ponder. What if there is no God? What if the stories we read were tainted with man's self-interests? If there is a God, do we expect Him/Her to be like us?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-42

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : ABU DHARR GHIFARI

ABU DHARR belonged to the tribe of GHIFAR of Arabia. This tribe had a bad reputation of engaging in highway robbery and every one was afraid of people from this tribe.

When the prophet declared his mission and this information spread thru out Arabia, ABU DHARR also got curious. He sent his brother UNAIS to go to Makkah and find out about this prophet and his teachings. UNAIS was the poet of the tribe and a powerful orator himself.

UNAIS came and lived for a few days in Makkah, he met prophet, and listened to his sermons and talks. When he went back ABU DHARR asked him, and he said that “people say that he is poet, but what he says is not poetry”…..but he did not say more about his teachings.

ABU DHARR then decided to go himself and see for himself. He reached Makkah, but he did not know anyone in Makkah, neither he knew about prophet, so he just waited in Kaaba, perchance he may find him there. When evening came, Ali the cousin of prophet seeing one man from outside Makkah and no one to help him, took him with him to his house for food and shelter. In the morning ABU DHARR went back to Kaaba as on previous day, this continued for three days.

On fourth day, Ali asked him about his purpose of visit to Makkah and ABU DHARR told him after lot of persuasion. Ali then took him to prophet. Prophet explained to him about Islam and rehearsed some verses from Quran. ABU DHARR immediately accepted Islam and became some of the earliest entrants to Islam.

Prophet advised him to go back to his tribe and meet him, when Islam became stronger,“No ! O Messenger of Allah” said ABU DHARR “I will go to Kaaba and rehearse this Quran openly there” Saying this he went to Kaaba and started reciting Quran in aloud voice.

QURAISH were stunned, for first few moments, they looked aghast, then they pounced on ABU DHARR from all directions and started beating him. They were beating and were about to kill him, when some one said “Do you know this man is from GHIFAR tribe. If you kill them they will make your travels very dangerous”.

So they left him and people dropped him to the house of ABBAS, uncle of prophet and he returned to his tribe a fully committed Muslim.

ABU DHARR joined prophet in Madina when he heard that prophet had migrated there. ABU DHARR has had a high place in Islam and amongst the companions of prophet. He lived the life close to hermit in Islam and was well renowned for his forceful talk, whenever he noticed any thing which he considered wrong.

He died during the Caliphate of Othman, the third Caliph of Islam in a place called RABDHA, which is in the outskirts of Madina.

Such was the wonderful story of ABU DHARR “critically wounded” by the “sword of Truth and Quran” wielded by prophet. A single stroke was enough to enslave and capture him for life!

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>
Things to ponder. What if there is no God? What if the stories we read were tainted with man's self-interests? If there is a God, do we expect Him/Her to be like us?
Valid questions to be asked of the dualistic paradigm. Thats why non dual approaches tend to be more attractive to some people, as the god concept is less personal and more holistic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nondualism#Defin...

Within my own Jewish tradition, we have the Hasidic traditions which are often more nondual than the conventional dualistic approach.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 42,661 - 42,680 of65,120
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance