Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,629
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#47272 Jan 17, 2013
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#47273 Jan 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
http://www.jta.org/news/articl e/2013/01/11/3116631/scientifi c-american-mocks-claims-that-d arwin-was-jewish
Scientific American mocks claims that Darwin was Jewish
January 11, 2013
(JTA)-- Scientific American magazine satirized claims in a Turkish children's book that Charles Darwin was Jewish.
The Jan. 8 article was written in response to reports in October about a series of books aimed at Turkish schoolchildren that describe Darwin as a hook-nosed Jew who kept the company of monkeys.
The books sparked outrage in Turkey and protests from Turkish teachers. The Istanbul-area school district that distributed the books later claimed it was not aware of their content.
In the online article, Steve Mirsky writes that the "Judaic background" of Darwin, who studied to be a priest at Cambridge’s Christ’s College, is "common knowledge in the Jewish community" but "seems to be a shock to many non-Jews.”
Mirsky added that this background influenced the writing of Darwin, who first described biological evolution through natural selection with scientific rigor in his book "On the Origin of Species."
The manuscript, Mirsky wrote, was originally titled "L'Chaim: The Whole Megillah."
The official website of Darwin Day, an international organization that celebrates Darwin’s heritage, says his parents are buried at Montford Parish Church. His mother belonged to the Christian Unitarian theological stream and took him as a young child with her to the Unitarian Church.
Darwin, who died in 1882 at the age of 73, was married to Emma Darwin, a devout Christian.
Frijoles---" His mother belonged to the Christian Unitarian theological stream and took him as a young child with her to the Unitarian Church. "

HughBe-- Darwin was DEFINITELY not Jewish. He was a Christian. Mother was Christian and NOT Jewish. Jewish mother makes you a JEW.

Frijoles--- "Darwin, who studied to be a priest at Cambridge’s Christ’s College"

HughBe--- Definitely Christian.

So how comes this ""Judaic background" of Darwin,..(is)common knowledge in the Jewish community" but "seems to be a shock to many non-Jews.”"?

Which one of his ancestors is Jewish? Even if he had some distant Jewish relative the man is a Christian, DON'T claim him or seek affiliation with him.

Eric's SISTER is disowned by him and US because she is a Christian. Do the same to Darwin who does not have Jewish blood like her and in all likelihood have no Jewish blood.

Why the double standard? Why the hypocrisy?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#47274 Jan 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
It was toungue in cheek you DOLT
as a satiric response to the Turkish nonsense
you are a royal imp.
Frijoles---you are a royal imp.

HughBe--- I accept the ROYAL part. You are a COMMON imp.
Voluntarist

United States

#47275 Jan 17, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
You're barking up the wrong tree. I'm armed and have no plans of disarming. You're letting your paranoia get the best of you - AGAIN.
So if the arms that you have are branded unlawful you are going to keep them and be a law breaker?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#47276 Jan 17, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Do try to remember that Frijoles was talking about the REAL world...
rabbee: this world being real, come on! get real. all the lies in this delusional world, does not make it real. no matter how realistic, all the lying may seem.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#47277 Jan 17, 2013
wiki abiogenesis:
however, the inorganic composition of all cells differ from that of modern sea water, which led Mulkidjanian and colleagues to reconstruct the "hatcheries" of the first cells combining geochemical analysis with phylogenomic scrutiny of the inorganic ion requirements of universal components of modern cells. The authors conclude that ubiquitous, and by inference primordial, proteins and functional systems show affinity to and functional requirement for K+, Zn2+, Mn2+, and phosphate. Geochemical reconstruction shows that the ionic composition conducive to the origin of cells could not have existed in what we today call marine settings but is compatible with emissions of vapor-dominated zones of what we today call inland geothermal systems. Under the anoxic, CO2-dominated primordial atmosphere, the chemistry of water condensates and exhalations near geothermal fields would resemble the internal milieu of modern cells. Therefore, the precellular stages of evolution may have taken place in shallow "Darwin-ponds" lined with porous silicate minerals mixed with metal sulfides and enriched in K+, Zn2+, and phosphorus compounds.[68][69]
end quote
montmorillonite/octalite/carpe ntras soil etc. comes in at this point.
----
KAB we allready discussed that genesis makes no differentiation between mankind and animals, they are having the same term creatures/lifespirits.
So the first part would be written as a ranking system by a Priestly source and copied from the Marduk account at Ebla (were one such account was found)
The second part starting in the SS with the second sentence of 2:4 would be by a Jahwist source making clear what mankinds role would be.
Adam (fertile soil) gets created first here, and than the plants and animals. Eve (Havah wide birth) get's created last of all.(apropos also found in really old Babylonian myths.)
But i would add here that we are used to devide everything in strict communities, where the hebrew book however shows three kids of law(also attested in historic studies)vigorating and lots of cultural exchange. It gives thus an image of all that was known then including the influences.
And for the various interpretation you must read a book of 1,8 million pages. The oral Torah.
Good luck with this DATA. It should keep you occupied for at least a while.

Location hidden

#47278 Jan 17, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
So how comes this ""Judaic background" of Darwin,..(is)common knowledge in the Jewish community" but "seems to be a shock to many non-Jews.”"?
Which one of his ancestors is Jewish? Even if he had some distant Jewish relative the man is a Christian, DON'T claim him or seek affiliation with him.
?
It was SATIRE

only an antisemitic imp like you would be fooled

Location hidden

#47279 Jan 17, 2013
http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/121396/charle...

For more groans, Steve Mirsky, at Scientific American, gets the Marcus Twain Prize for satire with his response to the episode. Here’s a bit of Mirsky’s reply:

Though common knowledge in the Jewish community, Darwin’s Judaic background seems to be a shock to many non-Jews. I have only just learned, for example, that most readers of Darwin’s many publications do not know that the versions with which they are familiar are highly edited. The great evolutionist wrote in a very particular Jewish style, which his Victorian publisher then revised into highbrow 19th-century English.

For example, Darwin’s printed autobiography includes these lines about the captain of the Beagle:“Fitzroy’s temper was a most unfortunate one. It was usually worst in the early morning, and with his eagle eye he could generally detect something amiss about the ship, and was then unsparing in his blame.” But Darwin’s original version, written on cocktail napkins during meetings of the Shrewsbury Beth Israel synagogue’s building committee, reads:“Don’t get me started on Fitzroy and his meshuggaas. This meshuggener had a bed with only a wrong side because that’s what he always woke up on. Always looking for tsuris. What a schmuck.”

Location hidden

#47280 Jan 17, 2013
Hey HUGHBE

Its also common knowledge among us Jews that we have horns
Gtown71

United States

#47281 Jan 17, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Giving a short on evolution.
That question annoyed me today, but that had more to do with the posters that asked it since we had been over that on all levels.
4 Bya single cell creatures
2 Bya cells with nuclei
2.3 Bya multicellular organisms
2.5 Bya diversity, explosion of life
300 Mya largeplants, animals, complex creatures,'dinosaurs'.
4 Mya upright ape
2 Mya early human ancestors
It's a rough timeline and approximation, of life adapting towards more complexity in emergent and convergent ways, what tried and true evolves over and over again in various forms (e.g. eyes, parasitism)
Through competition (predation and protection) and symbiosis with many extinction events not mentioned. And i did not start with the way first cellwalls might have most probably started nor with the first trick of getting aminoacids.
Another way of looking at it:
24 hours ago onecelled
12 hours multicelled
1 hour dinosaurs
40 seconds men
less than one second ago modern men
Yes I realize this is what you and many others "believe ".

Location hidden

#47282 Jan 17, 2013
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...

This attempt to insult Darwin by categorizing him as Jewish surprised me because I thought everyone always knew Darwin was “a member of the tribe.” I attended Hebrew school in preparation for my bar mitzvah, and the classroom featured pictures of our top-three historical figures: Abraham, Moses and Darwin.(There was also a small photograph of Paul Newman, who was half-Jewish.) We learned how Darwin received a fantastic bar mitzvah gift of a five-year ocean cruise on the HMS Beagle. I got savings bonds.

Though common knowledge in the Jewish community, Darwin's Judaic background seems to be a shock to many non-Jews. I have only just learned, for example, that most readers of Darwin's many publications do not know that the versions with which they are familiar are highly edited. The great evolutionist wrote in a very particular Jewish style, which his Victorian publisher then revised into highbrow 19th-century English....

For example, Darwin's printed autobiography includes these lines about the captain of the Beagle:“Fitzroy's temper was a most unfortunate one. It was usually worst in the early morning, and with his eagle eye he could generally detect something amiss about the ship, and was then unsparing in his blame.” But Darwin's original version, written on cocktail napkins during meetings of the Shrewsbury Beth Israel synagogue's building committee, reads:“Don't get me started on Fitzroy and his meshuggaas. This meshuggener had a bed with only a wrong side because that's what he always woke up on. Always looking for tsuris. What a schmuck.”

The Voyage of the Beagle, Darwin's account of the cruise, includes this passage:“The different islands to a considerable extent are inhabited by a different set of beings. My attention was first called to this fact by the Vice-Governor, Mr. Lawson, declaring that the tortoises differed from the different islands, and that he could with certainty tell from which island any one was brought.” The original writing, scratched out on sheets listing the ship's leisure activities, reads:“I listened to Lawson's whole spiel, and he says if you show him a turtle, abracadabra, he'll tell you its shtetl. I buy it.”

Perhaps the most famous passage in all of Darwinia is at the end of the first edition of On the Origin of Species:“There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.”

In his manuscript for the book, which had been entitled L'Chaim: The Whole Megillah, Darwin concludes:“Such nachas I get when I wander around and look at turtles and birds, let me tell you. It is not a waste of time that could be spent doing something more productive. What, you think I schlepped up mountains in South America glomming insects for my health? And so the planet spins no matter what plans you had for it, big shot. And you start with a few things that are maybe a little mieskeit, but then, be patient. What, you have somewhere to be? So you wait until genug iz genug, and, guess what, you wind up with new things, some of which are really nice, with a shayna punim. Why that should be a problem, I don't know.”

Location hidden

#47283 Jan 17, 2013
Hey Hughbe

Its common knowledge among us Jews that you have a little duck

Location hidden

#47284 Jan 17, 2013
Hughbe still hasnt lost his stupid.
How can you be so entirly blind and utterly dumb is still beyond me.

page 2131 directly under the post where you refuted my statement.(rather not refuted since you did not offer any factual corroborating evidence with your claim, nor gave in the simple meaning of the word any alternative. So you were just playing kindergarten again.)
You find two posts by Frijoles that point you exactly to the wiki source and quoted study.

Furthermore on page 2132 i stated and quoted from the wiki site given by Frijoles:

In case HB missed it:
In late 2009, the journal Radiocarbon announced agreement on the INTCAL09 standard, which extends a more accurate calibration curve to 50,000 years.[23][24] The results of research on varves in Lake Suigetsu, Japan, which was announced in 2012, realised this aim. "In most cases, the radiocarbon levels deduced from marine and other records have not been too far wrong. However, having a truly terrestrial record gives us better resolution and confidence in radiocarbon dating," said Bronk Ramsey. "It also allows us to look at the differences between the atmosphere and oceans and study the implications for our understanding of the marine environment as part of the global carbon cycle."[25]
Gtown71

United States

#47285 Jan 17, 2013
P
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
NO! Not one scientist has EVER claimed to use carbon-14 to date the age of the Earth. That is a foolish caricature. Radiometric dating is ONE of the methods used to prove that the Earth is billions of years old, but it does not use C-14 for this. They use various other radioactive materials with known half-lives to make the determination.
And of course science changes over time. That is its strength. As we learn new facts and find new evidence, we modify science to better conform to the real world that is being described.
Yes, the Bible says what it says without changing, and that is one of its flaws. We now know that the world is not flat. We now know that rain does not require some sky fairy to open up a window in the clouds. We now know that the Moon does not give off its own light, that it only reflects Sunlight. And in spite of the claim made in Genesis 2, there were no humans around when the very first animals appeared.
Yes I do know science changes its theories all the time.
Plus anyone can take bible verses out of context, or address them to groups or individuals they were never intended for. "Preachers " do it all the time.

When a bone is dug up, you can say for certain that something died.

Location hidden

#47287 Jan 17, 2013
huh erics sister disowned by him?

And has anyone heard from Sea?

Location hidden

#47288 Jan 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Hey Hughbe
Its common knowledge among us Jews that you have a little duck
And we also all know that he is an industrious plucker.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#47289 Jan 17, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think that he is educated in any way, shape or form?
Good point.
Gtown71

United States

#47290 Jan 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
http://www.scientificamerican. com/article.cfm?id=why-is-this -darwin-different-from-all-oth er-darwins
This attempt to insult Darwin by categorizing him as Jewish surprised me because I thought everyone always knew Darwin was “a member of the tribe.” I attended Hebrew school in preparation for my bar mitzvah, and the classroom featured pictures of our top-three historical figures: Abraham, Moses and Darwin.(There was also a small photograph of Paul Newman, who was half-Jewish.) We learned how Darwin received a fantastic bar mitzvah gift of a five-year ocean cruise on the HMS Beagle. I got savings bonds.
Though common knowledge in the Jewish community, Darwin's Judaic background seems to be a shock to many non-Jews. I have only just learned, for example, that most readers of Darwin's many publications do not know that the versions with which they are familiar are highly edited. The great evolutionist wrote in a very particular Jewish style, which his Victorian publisher then revised into highbrow 19th-century English....
For example, Darwin's printed autobiography includes these lines about the captain of the Beagle:“Fitzroy's temper was a most unfortunate one. It was usually worst in the early morning, and with his eagle eye he could generally detect something amiss about the ship, and was then unsparing in his blame.” But Darwin's original version, written on cocktail napkins during meetings of the Shrewsbury Beth Israel synagogue's building committee, reads:“Don't get me started on Fitzroy and his meshuggaas. This meshuggener had a bed with only a wrong side because that's what he always woke up on. Always looking for tsuris. What a schmuck.”
The Voyage of the Beagle, Darwin's account of the cruise, includes this passage:“The different islands to a considerable extent are inhabited by a different set of beings. My attention was first called to this fact by the Vice-Governor, Mr. Lawson, declaring that the tortoises differed from the different islands, and that he could with certainty tell from which island any one was brought.” The original writing, scratched out on sheets listing the ship's leisure activities, reads:“I listened to Lawson's whole spiel, and he says if you show him a turtle, abracadabra, he'll tell you its shtetl. I buy it.”
Perhaps the most famous passage in all of Darwinia is at the end of the first edition of On the Origin of Species:“There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.”
In his manuscript for the book, which had been entitled L'Chaim: The Whole Megillah, Darwin concludes:“Such nachas I get when I wander around and) look at turtles and birds, let me tell you. It is not a waste of time that could be spent doing something more productive. What, you think I schlepped up mountains in South America glomming insects for my health? And so the planet spins no matter what plans you had for it, big shot. And you start with a few things that are maybe a little mieskeit, but then, be patient. What, you have somewhere to be? So you wait until genug iz genug, and, guess what, you wind up with new things, some of which are really nice, with a shayna punim. Why that should be a problem, I don't know.”
Well they say good things come to those who wait.
How long do you think man will have to wait, before the see anything evolve?
Gtown71

United States

#47292 Jan 17, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, it's not just the uneducated. There are a host of educated people that choose to remain willfully ignorant.
Here's a quote from House representative Paul Broun (R-GA) who is <gasp> a current member of the House Science Committee:
"All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the Big Bang Theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of Hell. And it’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior."
Paul B. Is right.
Gtown71

United States

#47294 Jan 17, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Hughbe still hasnt lost his stupid.
How can you be so entirly blind and utterly dumb is still beyond me.
page 2131 directly under the post where you refuted my statement.(rather not refuted since you did not offer any factual corroborating evidence with your claim, nor gave in the simple meaning of the word any alternative. So you were just playing kindergarten again.)
You find two posts by Frijoles that point you exactly to the wiki source and quoted study.
Furthermore on page 2132 i stated and quoted from the wiki site given by Frijoles:
In case HB missed it:
In late 2009, the journal Radiocarbon announced agreement on the INTCAL09 standard, which extends a more accurate calibration curve to 50,000 years.[23][24] The results of research on varves in Lake Suigetsu, Japan, which was announced in 2012, realised this aim. "In most cases, the radiocarbon levels deduced from marine and other records have not been too far wrong. However, having a truly terrestrial record gives us better resolution and confidence in radiocarbon dating," said Bronk Ramsey. "It also allows us to look at the differences between the atmosphere and oceans and study the implications for our understanding of the marine environment as part of the global carbon cycle."[25]
We sometimes wonder how people can be so smart, yet blind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hello Nov 24 Clint 1
Dual language immersion program offered for kin... (Jan '10) Nov 21 Kerry Jones 29
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Nov 19 ben goolsby 1,514
MEX-TEX-CA DRUGS to YOU! Nov 4 ILLEGALS - DRUGS ... 1
Some Mexicans leaving US, planning never to return (Dec '08) Nov 3 llt 15,728
Former Councilwoman Susan Goldbeck announces Ci... (Jun '08) Nov 1 nodole 8
Seaside Police: Family of child found wandering... Nov 1 Vanessa butler 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance