Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,113)

Showing posts 42,241 - 42,260 of65,116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, right.
not.
Please stay in your own backyard
HughBe---Moses, David, Isaiah and Micah to name a few.(prophesied about Jesus)

Frijoles---yeah, right.not.Please stay in your own backyard

HughBe--- will your messiah be a mortal?
Pedo

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

good answer.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
You dont listen well, do you?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You dont listen well, do you?
Again, will your messiah be mortal?

Is it that you don't know the answer, Dr. Frijoles?
Pedo

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

The best way to stay away from debt collectors is to just disconnect your phone, own nothing, move frequently and don't ask for any money, sign no paperwork with updated address, and don't live where your address is listed as, don't ever talk to collectors because that starts the 2 year clock for any debt. Admit to nothing! The shysters

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, will your messiah be mortal?
Is it that you don't know the answer, Dr. Frijoles?
I'm sorry - I dont converse in stupid anymore.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Pedo wrote:
The best way to stay away from debt collectors is to just disconnect your phone, own nothing, move frequently and don't ask for any money, sign no paperwork with updated address, and don't live where your address is listed as, don't ever talk to collectors because that starts the 2 year clock for any debt. Admit to nothing! The shysters
and stay off the road!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry - I dont converse in stupid anymore.
It seems to me that EVERYTHING for you has to be reversed. WHY?

Stupid is sensible for you and sensible is stupid. Why?

Women are men and men are women for you. Why?

later.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

try brain surgery
Wondering

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your messiah fulfill the prophecy of Micah 5:4-5?(Using the Jewish chapter and verse designation.)
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Sorry, that's me.
riddel

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Slow Dance Chubby wrote:
That's funny, when the faithful try to get me in the Mitzvah van I say, "no thanks", and keep walking.
It's happened a few times and I'm not even Jewish.
Was I being oppressed?
You need to do more research on Columbus before bragging on his merit. First he did not discover America and he was arguably the worst slaver in history often selling children to pedophiles intent on sexual abuse. He is responsible for decimating the islands of the caribbean of their native populations. Do your research and pick another hero.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your messiah fulfill the prophecy of Micah 5:4-5?(Using the Jewish chapter and verse designation.)
I see that you are NOT acquainted with the rules of etiquette. Nevertheless answer my question which came before yours.

HughBe--- will your messiah be mortal?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you are NOT acquainted with the rules of etiquette. Nevertheless answer my question which came before yours.
Let me ask you this -

- do the rules of etiquette permit one to habitually ignore the content of a response, as you were doing multiple times regarding our "discussion" on the other thread about Jews/new world slavery and the 1983 vs 1999 scholarly works on that issue?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you this -
- do the rules of etiquette permit one to habitually ignore the content of a response, as you were doing multiple times regarding our "discussion" on the other thread about Jews/new world slavery and the 1983 vs 1999 scholarly works on that issue?
The rules of etiquette and good sense say that when someone behaves like you in a totally dishonest way then don't engage.

YOU said that the esteemed rabbi FABRICATED what he wrote about slavery. You then proceeded to deny what is there in black and white.

You are a waste of time and you operate outside the rules of even basic etiquette.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you this -
POST 158037 "Who is Allah"

HughBe--- Are YOU telling me that Rabbi Raphael, a TOP historian of Jewish history, and a man who "for the last generation .. has been the EDITOR of the quarterly journal, American Jewish HISTORY" FABRICATED the information that he wrote?

Frijoles----Um...YES

HughBe--- Are YOU telling me that Rabbi Raphael, a TOP historian of Jewish history,....... FABRICATED the information that he wrote?

Frijoles----Um...YES
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh,no. The topic is whether the prophets you listed--including Micah--spoke of Jesus. It's the one we are speaking of. Your question on mortality is a distraction and an attempt to deflect the discussion away from what is being discussed. At least for me, I choose not to be distracted from the question under discussion.

Does Jesus fulfill the prophecy in Micah 5:4-5 (5-6 in the KJV and its progeny)?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
POST 158037 "Who is Allah"
HughBe--- Are YOU telling me that Rabbi Raphael, a TOP historian of Jewish history, and a man who "for the last generation .. has been the EDITOR of the quarterly journal, American Jewish HISTORY" FABRICATED the information that he wrote?
Frijoles----Um...YES
HughBe--- Are YOU telling me that Rabbi Raphael, a TOP historian of Jewish history,....... FABRICATED the information that he wrote?
Frijoles----Um...YES
yes you just ignored the FOUR posts on that issue - the post with the qualification of what I meant by UMMMMM and the other three repeating that.

you are useless - go home
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you this -
Frijoles---the 1983 vs 1999 scholarly works on that issue?

HughBe---- What NEW information was manufactured and incorporated into the LATER,1999, work?

Which was closer to the events of slavery 1983 or 1999 work? What are the implications?

"Jews also took an active part in the Dutch colonial slave trade; indeed, the bylaws of the Recife and Mauricia congregations (1648) included an imposta (Jewish tax) of five soldos for each Negro slave a Brazilian Jew purchased from the West Indies Company. Slave AUCTIONS were POSTPONED if they fell on a Jewish holiday. In Curacao in the seventeenth century, as well as in the British colonies of Barbados and Jamaica in the eighteenth century, Jewish merchants played a MAJOR role in the slave trade. In FACT, in ALL the American colonies, whether French (Martinique), British, or Dutch, Jewish merchants frequently DOMINATED.

"This was no less true on the North American mainland, where during the eighteenth century Jews participated in the 'triangular trade' that brought slaves from Africa to the West Indies and there exchanged them for molasses, which in turn was taken to New England and converted into rum for sale in Africa. Isaac Da Costa of Charleston in the 1750's, David Franks of Philadelphia in the 1760's, and Aaron Lopez of Newport in the late 1760's and early 1770's dominated Jewish slave trading on the American continent."

"Slave trading was a MAJOR feature of Jewish economic life in Surinam which as a major stopping-off point in the triangular trade. Both North American and Caribbean Jews played a key role in this commerce: records of a slave sale in 1707 reveal that the ten LARGEST Jewish purchasers (10,400 guilders) spent more than 25 PERCENT of the total funds (38,605 guilders) exchanged."

Source---"Rabbi Raphael is both a rabbi and a TOP historian of Jewish history. For the last generation he has been the EDITOR of the quarterly journal, American Jewish History.

He is the Nathan and Sophia Gumenick Professor of Judaic Studies, Professor of Religion, and Chair, Department of Religion, The College of William and Mary, and a Visiting Fellow of Wolfson College, Oxford University.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh,no. The topic is whether the prophets you listed--including Micah--spoke of Jesus. It's the one we are speaking of. Your question on mortality is a distraction and an attempt to deflect the discussion away from what is being discussed. At least for me, I choose not to be distracted from the question under discussion.
Does Jesus fulfill the prophecy in Micah 5:4-5 (5-6 in the KJV and its progeny)?

Prove that my question above is a distraction and say YES or NO. It will save time and energy. Look at the sermon that you have written above. Is it not easier to say YES or NO. It is.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 42,241 - 42,260 of65,116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance