Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
42,221 - 42,240 of 68,428 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Pet peeve of mine. It hardly takes faith to follow the evidence. Stick to the topics you know best, and leave science to those that actually understand it.
I managed a small store years ago that was open 24/7.
While on vacation one year, 1000 bucks came up missing, it was between a black guy named will, and my assistant mgr. Vannesa.
She left the safe open, so incase will needed money during the night shift. My boss and I thought it was will, but with no hard "proff "we had to fire vannessa, for leaving the safe open. Although it was sorta common to do that back then, it was still against the rules, and so it was.

I hired a very sweet lady named donna, who's arms and legs were alittle shorter then normal. Will was teaching her how to count down her drawer, and within a week of her new job, 1000 bucks came up missing from her drawer, this time it was either the new girl or will.
My bosses words were "we got him! ". I agreed. We both suspected him the first time, but once he did it again, we knew we had him. I had to call him in and fire him, while my boss was searching options to charge him with theift.

Another two weeks go by with no problem, when one day I get a call from a jail, it was an inmate calling me, and asking if I wanted to know who took the 1000 dollars. I asked "which time? ". He gave me a date, and it was the secound time. He then sends me a letter, that his wife had wrote him, while he was in jail, it seems, that she started dating another guy, and the other guy threatened her, and told her, that he would tell her husband about their affair, if she didn't steal him 1000 bucks. It was the sweet little new girl, vanessa. In her own handwriting.

I learned alot from that. Sonetimes all evidence can point to one thing, when it was another all along.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
He could have easily saved Himself, if His only concern was what this world think, as you do.
I geuss your one of them who is still waiting for a messaiah of your own choosing?
Or perhaps since you know, not only many big words, but a whole lot of other usless info, then maybe you believe you are god?
You are only repeating what your Jewish ansestors said years ago -He saved others, let Him save Himself.
If I could have the power to save others, then "I " would be a cake walk.
Do you believe in any god? Or is your faith and trust in evolution, which takes even greater faith to believe in?
rabbee: you all do not, understand scripture. if scripture says, your going to die. then there is nothing, anyone can do about it. it is already written, that Adam is put to death. and is always returned as adam and his mate. there is nothing you can do, to change any of this. as long as this whole world, keeps making all the same mistakes expecting different results. then we are not, going to get the GanEden Story happening for us all. cause you all helped, snuff out your own immortality. cause you all, did it yourself. and have no one to blame, but yourselves.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be the first to say I'm no scientist, but not sure what evidence they have that proves anything.
Lucy was and is a lie, yet still in the museums and books, and the only basic thing of evolution to ever be seen is when you take two different animals of the same kind and breed them, you get a variation of that kind of animal.
Perhaps you can educate me?
I do know 100%, that I was awaken one night by "a force ",and after yeilding to this force, my life was forever changed. Not sure if evolution can exolain that or not. Even if the cursing, drinking, lying, and other stuff went away, I could've been told, that I had my mind clear of all things, and that's the reason I didn't need those anymore, but still didn't explain why, for the first time in my life, I had a strong desire to read the bible, pray, and watch preaching for many hours at a time.
To also find others like me -who was not raised up in religion, yet they to had a great change, and they to give the credit to Jesus Christ.
Before that night, I didn't really know how all was created. I now fully believe God.
1. Lucy is a lie? First I'm hearing of that. You'll need to provide citations from credible scientists for that assertion.

2. Evolution is a gradual process that typically does not happen within the span of a lifetime (except at the microbial level, in which case speciation is observed). You don't need to see it physically happen before your eyes in order to study both the biological and genealogical evidence.

3. I'm glad you straightened your life out, but your nocturnal premonitions are nothing more than the product of an overstimulated mind. Your subjective experiences mean nothing to anyone but yourself. Nothing wrong with that, but don't expect others to simply take your word for it. And they certainly have no relevance to the topic of evolution.

4. Like I said, stick to the topics you know. Stay away from scientific discussions unless you are willing to take the time and educate yourself first and make an effort to understand it.
Pedo

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

rabbee: hom-os have long been q ue-er because they are bucking the system. they are moral criminals. criminals. they believe in a circular thinking to justify their own filth. filth being the operative word here.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Pedo wrote:
rabbee: hom-os have long been q ue-er because they are bucking the system. they are moral criminals. criminals. they believe in a circular thinking to justify their own filth. filth being the operative word here.
rabbee: it is the result of disbelief in G-D. like all the other horrible stuff, happening on this planet. and the worship of halooseefer, is the worst form of angel worshipers.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Lucy is a lie? First I'm hearing of that. You'll need to provide citations from credible scientists for that assertion.
2. Evolution is a gradual process that typically does not happen within the span of a lifetime (except at the microbial level, in which case speciation is observed). You don't need to see it physically happen before your eyes in order to study both the biological and genealogical evidence.
3. I'm glad you straightened your life out, but your nocturnal premonitions are nothing more than the product of an overstimulated mind. Your subjective experiences mean nothing to anyone but yourself. Nothing wrong with that, but don't expect others to simply take your word for it. And they certainly have no relevance to the topic of evolution.
4. Like I said, stick to the topics you know. Stay away from scientific discussions unless you are willing to take the time and educate yourself first and make an effort to understand it.
Well, like I said, I'm no scientist for sure, but what I have read about lucy, is that she turned out to be a lie, and /or most experts believe she's nothing more then a 3ft. Tall chimpanzee.

As far as my story, you are right, as far as people can either believe it or not, but all I can do is present what happened to me. The main point of my story though, is not how "I " cleaned up my life, but rather how "God " cleaned up my life. I was born again that night.

People will either believe in the bible or not, or any combination of books "they " deem to be inspired or not. The reason I believe the whole bible was inspired by God, is becouse if not, then that leaves me to decide what I think is and isn't inspired. Which many do.

My experience is an individual experience, but many people have been born again /found God /saved, or whatever one calls it.

He changed my "core " beliefs, and gave me power to overcome many things, that before that night, I wouldn't even try doing.

Even when I truly didn't believe in any god, and thought those who did were idiots, I still never bought into the millions or billions of years, and slimmy rocks turning into humans and animals. Plus also needing a man and a woman to reproduce, reproduce from there.

Some examples of "missing links " were made from finding 1 tooth. That is amazing!
I went from being a goddless person, to being a child of God, in the blink of an eye. I firmly believe, that even those who never heard of Jesus Christ, or seen a bible can be saved.
The universe alone is enough to show them, that there is something much greater then us.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, right.
not.
Please stay in your own backyard
HughBe---Moses, David, Isaiah and Micah to name a few.(prophesied about Jesus)

Frijoles---yeah, right.not.Please stay in your own backyard

HughBe--- will your messiah be a mortal?
Pedo

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

good answer.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
You dont listen well, do you?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You dont listen well, do you?
Again, will your messiah be mortal?

Is it that you don't know the answer, Dr. Frijoles?
Pedo

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

The best way to stay away from debt collectors is to just disconnect your phone, own nothing, move frequently and don't ask for any money, sign no paperwork with updated address, and don't live where your address is listed as, don't ever talk to collectors because that starts the 2 year clock for any debt. Admit to nothing! The shysters

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, will your messiah be mortal?
Is it that you don't know the answer, Dr. Frijoles?
I'm sorry - I dont converse in stupid anymore.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Pedo wrote:
The best way to stay away from debt collectors is to just disconnect your phone, own nothing, move frequently and don't ask for any money, sign no paperwork with updated address, and don't live where your address is listed as, don't ever talk to collectors because that starts the 2 year clock for any debt. Admit to nothing! The shysters
and stay off the road!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry - I dont converse in stupid anymore.
It seems to me that EVERYTHING for you has to be reversed. WHY?

Stupid is sensible for you and sensible is stupid. Why?

Women are men and men are women for you. Why?

later.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

try brain surgery
Wondering

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your messiah fulfill the prophecy of Micah 5:4-5?(Using the Jewish chapter and verse designation.)
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Sorry, that's me.
riddel

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Slow Dance Chubby wrote:
That's funny, when the faithful try to get me in the Mitzvah van I say, "no thanks", and keep walking.
It's happened a few times and I'm not even Jewish.
Was I being oppressed?
You need to do more research on Columbus before bragging on his merit. First he did not discover America and he was arguably the worst slaver in history often selling children to pedophiles intent on sexual abuse. He is responsible for decimating the islands of the caribbean of their native populations. Do your research and pick another hero.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your messiah fulfill the prophecy of Micah 5:4-5?(Using the Jewish chapter and verse designation.)
I see that you are NOT acquainted with the rules of etiquette. Nevertheless answer my question which came before yours.

HughBe--- will your messiah be mortal?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you are NOT acquainted with the rules of etiquette. Nevertheless answer my question which came before yours.
HughBe--- will your messiah be mortal?
Let me ask you this -

- do the rules of etiquette permit one to habitually ignore the content of a response, as you were doing multiple times regarding our "discussion" on the other thread about Jews/new world slavery and the 1983 vs 1999 scholarly works on that issue?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Monterey Forum right now

Search the Monterey Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr Brian_G 4,890
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Big D 200,352
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Mon snodder 2,252
Tim Grobaty: Rock acts once reigned at old Mari... (Jun '10) Jul 27 harry king 4
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 27 Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 27 Facts facts 15,927
Monterey: Aircraft carrier USS Nimitz expected ... Jul 25 Margaret Smith 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE