Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,024
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46571 Jan 4, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Your link is dead
Shoplift a better computer

(it takes a few moments to DL - its a pdf - just persist)

http://web.archive.org/web/20070809030224/htt...

Mechanics of Progressive Collapse: Learning from World
Trade Center and Building Demolitions

Zdenfk P. Bažant, F.ASCE1; and Mathieu Verdure2

Abstract:

Progressive collapse is a failure mode of great concern for tall buildings, and is also typical of building demolitions. The most infamous paradigm is the collapse of the World Trade Center towers. After reviewing the mechanics of their collapse, the motion during the crushing of one floor or group of floors and its energetics are analyzed, and a dynamic one-dimensional continuum model of progressive collapse is developed. Rather than using classical homogenization, it is found more effective to characterize the continuum by an energetically equivalent snap-through. The collapse, in which two phases—crush-down followed by crush-up—must be distinguished, is described in each phase by a nonlinear second-order differential equation for the propagation of the crushing front of a compacted block
of accreting mass. Expressions for consistent energy potentials are formulated and an exact analytical solution of a special case is given.

It is shown that progressive collapse will be triggered if the total internal energy loss during the crushing of one story equal to theenergy dissipated by the complete crushing and compaction of one story, minus the loss of gravity potential during the crushing of that story exceeds the kinetic energy impacted to that story. Regardless of the load capacity of the columns, there is no way to deny the
inevitability of progressive collapse driven by gravity alone if this criterion is satisfied for the World Trade Center it is satisfied with anorder-of-magnitude margin. The parameters are the compaction ratio of a crushed story, the fracture of mass ejected outside the tower
perimeter, and the energy dissipation per unit height. The last is the most important, yet the hardest to predict theoretically. It is arguedthat, using inverse analysis, one could identify these parameters from a precise record of the motion of floors of a collapsing building. Dueto a shroud of dust and smoke, the videos of the World Trade Center are only of limited use. It is proposed to obtain such records by
monitoring with millisecond accuracy the precise time history of displacements in different modes of building demolitions. The
monitoring could be accomplished by real-time telemetry from sacrificial accelerometers, or by high-speed optical camera. The resultinginformation on energy absorption capability would be valuable for the rating of various structural systems and for inferring their collapse
mode under extreme fire, internal explosion, external blast, impact or other kinds of terrorist attack, as well as earthquake and foundation movements.

DOI: 10.1061/ASCE0733-939920071 33:3308
CE Database subject headings: Buildings, high-rise; Progressive collapse; Demolition; New York; Terrorism; Failure; Fracture;
Structural dynamics; Energy methods.
Introduction
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#46572 Jan 4, 2013
JOURNAL OF ENGINEERING MECHANICS © ASCE / MARCH 2007 / 319

if you care to track it down independently using google scholar, or any of the sci lit search engines available for free thru the public library online.

I look fwd to your detailed point by point critique.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#46573 Jan 4, 2013
SOVEREIGN LORD OR AN ANTHROPOPATHIC VITAL BEING?

Ezekiel 33:11 Say to them,'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, O house of Israel?'

COMMENTS:

These are the typical words of an archetypal being, a tribal God, most likely of the vital plane, talking to a vitalist like Elijah during trance state.

The Absolute Consciousness is too remote and ineffable to talk, command, warn, abuse and the like which are Mental or Vital characteristics.

These are human-like traits of archetypal beings who arrogate to themselves the role of the Absolute and forbid their worshippers from revering other archetypal beings or else they say be prepared for punishment.

YHVH, El, Allah, Jesus, Baal, Molech, Yama and others are typical examples of such archetypal beings of the sectarian type.
Voluntarist

United States

#46574 Jan 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
if you care to track it down independently using google scholar, or any of the sci lit search engines available for free thru the public library online.
And where might your discussion on okc be? because i am not discussing 9/11.
Voluntarist

United States

#46575 Jan 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
here is a slideshow

http://www2.ae911truth.org/ppt_web/10min/slid...
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#46576 Jan 4, 2013
SOUL:

Soul is not the life-force which is a current of the vital. Soul is the psychic grade of consciousness-energy that resides behind the surface mental, vital and physical grades of consciousness-energy. Its station in the body is in the force field corresponding to the cardiac center in the middle of the chest region. It organizes the instrumental parts of mind, vital and physical in the human being. It is usually suppressed in its movements by the overlying abnormal heredity part and perverse karma and effulges only when a certain high degree of mental, vital and physical purity is attained by an individual. This superior condition resulting in the awakening of the psychic and its coming to the forefront to dominate and psychichize the being only occurs in yogis. An awakened psychic can link the individual's consciousness to the subtler planes of consciousness-energy.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#46577 Jan 4, 2013
PETTY BEING & LOWLY PROPHETS:

Muhammad, Jesus, Moses, YHVH, El, Allah and other petty beings and prophets were clueless about the true soul in the human being and they mistook the life force for the true soul.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#46582 Jan 4, 2013
JOEL wrote:
PETTY BEING & LOWLY PROPHETS:
Muhammad, Jesus, Moses, YHVH, El, Allah and other petty beings and prophets were clueless about the true soul in the human being and they mistook the life force for the true soul.
rabbee: all of you, who have conspired thrice to take my life cannot. is there is not one among you, to be worthy as my G-D'S apprentice? your free will, is your soul to surrender or not. for G-D, is the only worthy cause. as all other causes, are vanity, vanity, vanity.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#46583 Jan 4, 2013
i shall never even bow, even to the l-rd of assassins. for even they must bow, to my G-D. for i am TheL-rd, of the final day. still in search of my true queen of TheWhole Story of Creation.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#46584 Jan 4, 2013
i can be Your Prince of Peace, or ThePrince of your worst nightmare. so make your choices now, and forever always. for many who have called me, their friend. have never really, been my friend. they are just nothing more than enemies, trying to seduce me. many who have only claimed, to be on my side. have never been, truly on It. even your fake name for me, reveals your treason.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#46585 Jan 4, 2013
you cannot impress me, with your not being here in This Story of Physical Creation.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#46586 Jan 4, 2013
i have survived the certain death, of thousands and thousands of third and fourth crucifixions. as i shall, and have survived your's also. i shall be survived, all you and your grandmother betrayals. The Captain, of the flying Adam Dutchman shall return. in search of the one true to Love me. TheOne and Her, grandchildren who shall never betray me, for the sake of the more subtle than any-other beast of the fields. for all on earth today, have already given your souls to that same old devil again.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#46587 Jan 4, 2013
and still you do not, know who i am. here in the exact, same precise story twice again. though this is all written in TheTorahScroll, you all still do not recognize me here in IT again, again and again...
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#46588 Jan 4, 2013
Torah, Torah, Torah, to all of you not here in it again. and you all still have no peace, in all the promises of idolatry.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#46589 Jan 5, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a hard time focusing?
I am talking about okc.
Numerous witnesses not just one, court workers and attorneys reported the bomb squad being there.
I know what you're talking about.

I'm trying to determine how widespread your conspiracy theories are?

Please share any thoughts you have on building 7.

Do you have questions on that one as well?
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#46590 Jan 5, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not a faith, its a religion based on behavioral practices...
"religion based on behavioral practices?"

Sounds like the tail wagging the dog?

Wouldn't the faith/religion have to come first?

Otherwise why the specifice behavior/practice?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#46591 Jan 5, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Public schooling should be eliminated, that would be one hell of a tax break, communities can find better cost effective ways to educate children.
rabbee: actually the most wastefull and inefficient government institution is the irs. it consumes from, a quarter to a third of the budget just collecting taxes. and is the most wastefull, of all government programs.

as the sales tax system, is the most efficient and inexpensive form of collecting taxes.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#46592 Jan 5, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if the goal is to have most children to grow up to be educated adults. Private education is great, for those that can afford it, but private schools have the luxury of picking and choosing which students they will let in and which they will exclude. My son is "special needs". Most private schools would not even consider letting him in, it is not "cost effective" for them.
Then too, there is the matter of accountability. Public schools are (theoretically, at least) required to be accountable to the public, to show that they are providing a proper education and not merely brainwashing the kids into one ideology or another. Obviously, this means that public school education will have some folks rather P.O.ed that the school is not forcing thier favored ideology down little Jonnie's throat. But hey, that's what parents are for...
rabbee: one way or another in public schools, your going to be indoctrinated. they are only being taught, your normal standardized way of lying today.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#46593 Jan 5, 2013
JOEL wrote:
QUESTION:
How are babies made?
(smiles)
rabbee: not the way, you have been indoctrinated to think.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#46594 Jan 5, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody has a gift in this life.
rabbee:++,+-,-+, pick one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 17 savvylocal 245
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep 21 fancy 3
Dennis W (Veeser) from Krakow Wi. Sep '14 Mia 1

Beach Hazards Statement for Monterey County was issued at October 21 at 7:51PM PDT

Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]