Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
41,801 - 41,820 of 68,366 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are the Lubavitchers?
Why would they have Christians scriptures?
They dont. They just call their transation the complete Jewish bible. Its not the same as officially titled version that my posting referred to.
Eric

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us forget the sideshow and FOCUS.
PLEASE respond to "what word would you use in place of the "I" in verse 2 and why"
Explain the passages as requested.
"and" collected (v'asafti)

because, that is what it says.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Idgaf wrote:
01. Putting armed guards or arming the teachers will never happen in the USA. We are too scared of being sued for the guards or the teachers accidentally shooting a kid during a response to a situation like that of the recent shootings.

There are a few things we can do:

- outlaw all guns, in which case, only the criminals and the cops have guns, reference the mess in Mexico for results of such action

- armed guards at all schools. This will not happen because the plan is to cut school funding, not increase it. No money means no guards and there is the issue of lawsuits in case of an accident and liability on the part of the school system that authorized the guards.

- arm the teachers or some teachers. This will not happen for liability reasons, schools don't want to be sued and personal liability, the teachers would be stupid to accept this as they carry additional liability and open themselves up to lawsuits and potential criminal action.

- metal detectors at all school entrances. This will catch all metal items, but requires someone to man it, again money issues, will never happen.

- mass spectrometer for explosives detection, again money issues.

- NOTHING. The most likely outcome. This requires no expenditure of money. No additional effort and we continue as we are.

There is no pretty solution to this problem. The issue is that crazy people will get weapons regardless of the laws. It all comes back to personal responsibility.

I see in the article it turns out Israel was combating organized terrorism and not crazy loonies just shooting up the schools.

My personal thought is that armed guards would help resolve the problem as well as armed teachers, but you'd have to be able to waive all liabilities.

As a crazy shooter, you are less likely to go shoot up a place where you know others will shoot back. You will be looking for fish in a barrel, not to walk into the heina's den.

And btw, MUQ, you keep posting a bunch of crap that you didn't write and your style sucks. Show some intelligence and offer up some original thoughts. No one is going to be upset about original thoughts, it's all the BS that you copy and paste. Look, Beans posted a nice link and people read it.
Ans.

Thanks for listing all the “options”, none of them are practical because of “Money” issue.

So why do you not solve the money issue and consider protecting your children as “one of highest priority”?

Such incidents do not happen in our schools, what is the reason?

There is nothing wrong in posting something which others wrote if the intention is correct.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Frijoles wrote:

But we do follow Jesus.

We just don’t worship him, or consider him extraterrestrial. We follow Jesus because most of what he teaches was straight from the Jewish ethical teachings, now known as the Talmud.

If you actually understood what Savior was saying, neither the Jews NOR Savior has any interest in "ruling" over the world.

Why cant you understand that not everyone wants to be an imperialist?

For one thing, Israel never had random school violence. Secondly, gun ownership is actually MORE restrictive there than here in the US.

I wouldnt expect you to know that, as you are too lazy to read the article.

Ans.

1. If Jews had followed Jesus then that “scene at Sanhedrin” would not have taken place and not that 2000 years of hate and hatred between Jews and Christians.

Worship of Jesus started much later when Jews rejected him and Paul got Romans into his trap and follow his teachings. If majority of Jews had accepted Jesus, this situation would not have come.

2. Isreal is “much smaller” than most countries in the world, it is fighting a war of survival since its inception, so the people there are used to “another type” of violence.

You are right, I do not want to read the “propaganda items” that are major part of your media.
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Thanks for listing all the “options”, none of them are practical because of “Money” issue.
So why do you not solve the money issue and consider protecting your children as “one of highest priority”?
Such incidents do not happen in our schools, what is the reason?
There is nothing wrong in posting something which others wrote if the intention is correct.
Thinking your schools and your teachings are about as useful as that hole in the head Beans is hoping for over your cut and paste.

I am not concerned for my kids as I have no little kids.

There is no good solution, like you have very little control over your terrorist mafia.

I'm thinking your comment wasn't crazy and horrible for once. Of course, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. How 'bout all those crazy suicide bombers?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Traditional Jews read it in the Hebrew without the translations. But you already know this - we have told you this 1000 times.
HughBe--- You have responded to my post below with your usual comic comments. Now can you truly respond in a non-comical way or a way that address my points.

Well why not produce a superior work to that of your rabbis?
Share your understanding of the role of translations generally and here I am speaking about the spoken and written words.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
They dont. They just call their transation the complete Jewish bible. Its not the same as officially titled version that my posting referred to.
HughBe---Who are the Lubavitchers?

Frijoles---They dont. They just call their transation the complete Jewish bible.Its NOT the same as officially titled version that MY posting referred to

HughBe--- 1. Did you see MY first question? Answer it now.

2. I know that they don't have Christian scriptures and my question tells anyone with basic comprehension skills that. Eric made a "MISTAKE" notwithstanding I told him my source. Did it also miss you, dear?

3. So like Eric you were WRONG in an inexplicable way. Cut down on your desire to defend nonsense and INCREASE your desire to learn as well as your appetite for TRUTH.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
"and" collected (v'asafti)
because, that is what it says.
So, YOU are saying that the Chabad rabbis were WRONG with their use of the word "I". Thanks for that. Observation, they MUST be WRONG because they used "I" instead of "AND" and that is a massive difference. Thanks once again for highlighting the fact that the translations of your rabbis cannot be TRUSTED which is what you have now proven and it is what this is all about.

Having said this, the INABILITY of your rabbis to ACCURATELY translate basic words such as "AND" explains why I suggested to you that you produce a more accurate set of scriptures than those produced by your rabbis. Get it?

Now explain Zachariah 14:1-6 USING your "AND" in verse 2 plus IDENTIFY the speaker in verse 2.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

later
Eric

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
plus IDENTIFY the speaker in verse 2.
see, 1:13
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Having said this, the INABILITY of your rabbis to ACCURATELY translate basic words such as "AND" explains why I suggested to you that you produce a more accurate set of scriptures than those produced by your rabbis.

Get it?
Twice you have used the word YOUR.

Judaism is not like catholicism. We dont have a pope.

Furthermore, I doubt Eric is even a Chabadsker.

If you have doubt about what a "Jewish" translation is, do what we do. Dont translate it. Read it instead.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---Who are the Lubavitchers?
Frijoles---They dont. They just call their transation the complete Jewish bible.Its NOT the same as officially titled version that MY posting referred to
HughBe--- 1. Did you see MY first question? Answer it now.
2. I know that they don't have Christian scriptures and my question tells anyone with basic comprehension skills that. Eric made a "MISTAKE" notwithstanding I told him my source. Did it also miss you, dear?
3. So like Eric you were WRONG in an inexplicable way. Cut down on your desire to defend nonsense and INCREASE your desire to learn as well as your appetite for TRUTH.
Not only was Eric WRONG, and not only did he admit he was WRONG, but his "mistake" had NOTHING to do with whatver point you were trying to make.

Moving on...
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Share your understanding of the role of translations generally and here I am speaking about the spoken and written words.
Perhaps some day you will read our posts.

Moving on, again...
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. If Jews had followed Jesus then that “scene at Sanhedrin” would not have taken place and not that 2000 years of hate and hatred between Jews and Christians.
Worship of Jesus started much later when Jews rejected him and Paul got Romans into his trap and follow his teachings. If majority of Jews had accepted Jesus, this situation would not have come.
2. Isreal is “much smaller” than most countries in the world, it is fighting a war of survival since its inception, so the people there are used to “another type” of violence.
You are right, I do not want to read the “propaganda items” that are major part of your media.
1. What more is there to "accept'? We agree with most of his teachings - primarily because what he was teaching in the way of ethics was basic Judaism of the time.

2. That tiny little insignificant country has produced more Nobel Laurettes per capita and more start ups per capita than ANY other place on earth.

How are those Saudi scientists doing? Both of them?
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405297...

TEL AVIV—It is hard not to be impressed by the sheer width and depth of the Israeli start-up community.

For a country of just under eight million people, Israel punches considerably above its tech weight......the country has the most scientists and technicians in the world per capita, and the largest number of start-ups per capita.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/166799a0-fdda-11e1-...

Israel: an innovation gem, in Europe’s backyard

By Michael Bloch, Jonathan Kolodny and Dana Maor

Israel is a first-tier innovation hub, second in the world only to Silicon Valley in its concentration of start-up companies.
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

If you want programmers, you send your work to israel. They are on top of that.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only was Eric WRONG, and not only did he admit he was WRONG, but his "mistake" had NOTHING to do with whatver point you were trying to make.
Moving on...
FOCUS, my boy.

Who are the Lubavitchers?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
see, 1:13
explain Zachariah 14:1-6 USING your "AND" in verse 2 plus IDENTIFY the speaker in verse 2.

I take it that the IDENTITY of the speaker is "1:13", in your mind, but it is not in my mind so please name the Speaker or name the object that is speaking IN VERSE 2.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps some day you will read our posts.
Moving on, again...

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Twice you have used the word YOUR.
Judaism is not like catholicism. We dont have a pope.
Furthermore, I doubt Eric is even a Chabadsker.
If you have doubt about what a "Jewish" translation is, do what we do. Dont translate it. Read it instead.
Frijoles---If you have doubt about what a "Jewish" translation is, do what WE do. Dont translate it. Read it instead

HughBe--- my dear F..... your following words make absolutely no sense, as usual, "do what WE do. Dont translate it".

Tell me did "WE" translate the The Complete Jewish Bible found on the Chabad site or was it translated by the non-WE?

You speak like a truly deceived brainless fool.

Explain Zechariah 14 in YOUR Tanach, if you are capable.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••