Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
41,161 - 41,180 of 68,382 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But if noone from the outside recognizes their Jewishness, nor do they acknowledge it from the inside, then obviously there is no Jewishness to be had.
Kind of like you need someone to hear that tree to fall in the forest for the tree to be real.
Not Jewish in the cultural (or religious) sense, but still in the ethnic sense?

As with my being Irish?(Even if I know nothing of the culture or my family history..)
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Jewish in the cultural (or religious) sense, but still in the ethnic sense?
As with my being Irish?(Even if I know nothing of the culture or my family history..)
Yes - but culture is a part of ethnicity. And as long as you consider yourself Irish (even if you dont look/act Irish (whatever that means) AND you have the famly history, you ARE Irish. But if you forget you are Irish, and noone "reminds" you, you are no longer Irish, ethnically/culturally or otherwise.

These things dont always fall into perfect boxes. But they are not that complicated either.

When I was young I remember going to Jewish youthgroup conferences where they sat around at a table trying to decide whether we were Jewish Americans or American Jews. People get PhDs on these types of topics, but are they really usefull at that level of detail? I never thought so.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
This is yet another area where you would benefit from some education.
Being gay is not simply a behavior.
What hangs him up is that in the bible, there is no such thing as Gay identity, only gay behavior

By the same token, the bible doesnt say there ISNT gay identity, it just doesnt get into that level of detail.

And Huggie, as a fundie, doesnt expound on what ISNT said - his world is bounded by the literalness of what IS said.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes - but culture is a part of ethnicity. And as long as you consider yourself Irish (even if you dont look/act Irish (whatever that means) AND you have the famly history, you ARE Irish. But if you forget you are Irish, and noone "reminds" you, you are no longer Irish, ethnically/culturally or otherwise.
These things dont always fall into perfect boxes. But they are not that complicated either.
When I was young I remember going to Jewish youthgroup conferences where they sat around at a table trying to decide whether we were Jewish Americans or American Jews. People get PhDs on these types of topics, but are they really usefull at that level of detail? I never thought so.
I should have said "genetically or biologically" -

I think they've checked people's DNA and were able to tell from where and who they descended.

Like, even if someone was raised by wolves, you could look at them and tell who "their people" were. Not all the time, but sometimes.

Sometimes I might think someone looks Greek or something, and they turn out be Italian or Jewish - not an exact science.

My pastey Irish skin could also look British or whatever.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What hangs him up is that in the bible, there is no such thing as Gay identity, only gay behavior
By the same token, the bible doesnt say there ISNT gay identity, it just doesnt get into that level of detail.
And Huggie, as a fundie, doesnt expound on what ISNT said - his world is bounded by the literalness of what IS said.
Wow!

The poor guy.

And no doubt he is convinced that these are the words of his god as recorded by man.

Can anyone say "gullible?"

How sad to base all your thoughts and opinions on a series of stories and pronouncements.

Talk about shaky ground.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I should have said "genetically or biologically" -
I think they've checked people's DNA and were able to tell from where and who they descended.
Like, even if someone was raised by wolves, you could look at them and tell who "their people" were. Not all the time, but sometimes.
Sometimes I might think someone looks Greek or something, and they turn out be Italian or Jewish - not an exact science.
My pastey Irish skin could also look British or whatever.
We all have to come from somewhere. But we dont have to carry the identity baggage (though often we do).

If you are genetically Irish, but do not feel Irish, or see yourself as Irish, nor are really conscious of your genetics, then By Molly - you are probably not Irish anymore.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
The poor guy.
And no doubt he is convinced that these are the words of his god as recorded by man.
Can anyone say "gullible?"
How sad to base all your thoughts and opinions on a series of stories and pronouncements.
Talk about shaky ground.
Which is also why he doesnt get the enthno thing. Jews, to him, are divinely ordained. Kind of like getting the Divine "Cootie" Pronouncement from God.

Some orthodox jews probably would agree with him on that point. Others may not.

Obviously, I (and you) buy into a more nuanced notion of identity.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Cunti, I learn somethings on this forum and it is a pity that you are unable to do likewise.
One example, I have learnt that RELIGIOUS people can be VERY VERY DECEPTIVE and DISHONEST especially those of a particular religion.
I am not joking and I am being TRUTHFUL.
I already knew that, and you are a perfect example.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I would take the class. The difference between say a classmate like you and me is that I would THINK while you would ACCEPT.
More like you would deny at all cost if it conflicted with your religious beliefs. That's not THINKING. That's being willfully ignorant.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
We all have to come from somewhere. But we dont have to carry the identity baggage (though often we do).
If you are genetically Irish, but do not feel Irish, or see yourself as Irish, nor are really conscious of your genetics, then By Molly - you are probably not Irish anymore.
I don't know.

Sounds a little like pop-psych to me, or the Oprahization of America:

"I don't FEEL Irish [black, Chinese, female, male, short, fat etc] anymore, therefore I am not!"

All due respect, but not quite buying this notion.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
More like you would deny at all cost if it conflicted with your religious beliefs. That's not THINKING. That's being willfully ignorant.
That was a crazy thing for him (a religious nut) to say to an atheist.

Big brass ones.

He clearly has no sense of irony.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Belafonte: Put Obama’s
Critics in Gulags
Infowars.com
December 13, 2012
All who oppose the agenda of Barack
Obama – or rather oppose the agenda of
his globalist handlers – should be
rounded up and imprisoned, singer and
“social activist” Harry Belafonte recently
told the ambulance chaser Al Sharpton
on the death merchant General Electric’s
network, MSNBC.
Belafonte’s comment reveals the true
nature of the “progressive”– it differs
little from that of the communist thug
who has zero tolerance for any
opposition. Belafonte’s mindset
ultimately terminates in purges,“cultural
revolutions,” and death camps.
http://www.infowars.com/belafonte-put-obamas-...
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Every human emotion
now classified as a mental
disorder in new psychiatric
manual DSM-5
Psychiatry goes insane
Mike Adams
Natural News
Dec 13, 2012
The industry of modern psychiatry has
officially gone insane. Virtually every
emotion experienced by a human being
— sadness, grief, anxiety, frustration,
impatience, excitement — is now being
classified as a “mental disorder”
demanding chemical treatment (with
prescription medications, of course).
The new, upcoming DSM-5 “psychiatry
bible,” expected to be released in a few
months, has transformed itself from a
medical reference manual to a testament
to the insanity of the industry itself .
“Mental disorders” named in the DSM-5
include “General Anxiety Disorder” or
GAD for short. GAD can be diagnosed in
a person who feels a little anxious doing
something like, say, talking to a
psychiatrist. Thus, the mere act of a
psychiatrist engaging in the possibility of
making a diagnoses causes the
“symptoms” of that diagnoses to
magically appear.
This is called quack science and circular
reasoning, yet it’s indicative of the entire
industry of psychiatry which has become
such a laughing stock among scientific
circles that even the science skeptics are
starting to turn their backs in
disgust. Psychiatry is no more
“scientific” than astrology or palm
reading , yet its practitioners call
themselves “doctors” of psychiatry in
order to try to make quackery sound
credible.
How modern psychiatry really works
Here’s how modern psychiatry really
operates: A bunch of self-important,
overpaid intellectuals who want to make
more money invent a fabricated disease
that I’ll call “Hoogala Boogala Disorder”
or HBD.
By a show of hands, they then vote into
existence whatever “symptoms” they wish
to associated with Hoogala Boogala
Disorder. In this case, the symptoms
might be spontaneous singing or wanting
to pick your nose from time to time .
They then convince teachers, journalists
and government regulators that Hoogala
Boogala Disorder is real — and more
importantly that millions of children
suffer from it! It wouldn’t be
compassionate not to offer all those
children treatment, would it?

http://www.naturalnews.com/038322_DSM-5_psych...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

ATF:

Did anyone ever tell you that you are what you read?

Alex Jones' Infowars.com ? Really?

"Jones has been the center of many controversies, and has accused the US government of being involved in the Oklahoma City bombing[15] and September 11 attacks.[16]"

Where else have we heard that?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

former res wrote:
ATF:
Did anyone ever tell you that you are what you read?
Alex Jones' Infowars.com ? Really?
"Jones has been the center of many controversies, and has accused the US government of being involved in the Oklahoma City bombing[15] and September 11 attacks.[16]"
Where else have we heard that?
There is an enormous amount of evidence pointing to okc being an inside job, what's your point?
It is a news site, look at the substance.

Too busy arguing about queers?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowledge, social science, wikipedia, etc etc... all the tool of the devil...
smooth....
call me when you want to be logical again
Let us FOCUS and overlook your sideshow.

You said, "I am NOT aware of any OTHER religion EXCEPT Judaism that Jews practice. " and I am now saying that YOU lied as is evidenced by your responses to my REVELATION that Jews are flocking to Eastern RELIGIONS.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an enormous amount of evidence pointing to okc being an inside job, what's your point?
It is a news site, look at the substance.
Too busy arguing about queers?
wow!

A right winger who's also a homophobe?!

Go figure!

:))

[Note: Libertarians are simply right wing nuts who don't want to pay their taxes. And they really hate poor people. Students, blacks, gays etc.]
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an enormous amount of evidence pointing to okc being an inside job...
Why has all this escaped the lame-stream media?

Is it only on your secret website?

Do I need a decoder ring to access it?

;)
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us FOCUS and overlook your sideshow.
You said, "I am NOT aware of any OTHER religion EXCEPT Judaism that Jews practice. " and I am now saying that YOU lied as is evidenced by your responses to my REVELATION that Jews are flocking to Eastern RELIGIONS.
alraedy adressed that

Please - provide us new material. We are dying here.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. I cant help it if you dont accept the worldwide definitions.
Simply put - Jews are the member of the Jewish people. Their religion is Judaism. They share a common ancestry, literature, language, homeland, and history. To be a Jew once either needs to practice the religion, or be of Jewish enthnicity (i.e. one the above traits, OR both.
Some housekeeping: Re: your remark about how Jews can be Bhuddists/Christians/etc....
I explained ALL of that yesterday - You are playing loose with the scale of this conversation.
On the individual scale a Jew can practice whatever religion or nonreligion they happen to practice but OBVIOUSLY ON THE WHOLE Judaism is the religion of the Jewish people (i.e. on the collective scale). Christianity isnt the religion of the Jewish people (as much as you wish it to be). Hence I made that sarcastic comment - WE are called JEWS for just that reason.
Frijoles---Their religion is Judaism.

HughBe--- Really? What RELIGION did the TEN tribes perpetually observe? Was it your CORRUPTED Judaism? NO. Read below.

Once again---

Frijoles--Jews are am ETHNO-RELIGIOUS group - see above

HughBe--- In the given context, explain ethno-religious.

I am waiting for you to explain ethno-religious in the context that many Jews are NOT religious period and also in the context that you and your rabbis persist with BLATANT LIES.

The 10 Northern tribes of Israel did NOT observe JUDAISM. An understanding of these things say that yOU are a LIAR and of course your rabbis.

Plus God called them Israel and Jews e.g. Jeremiah 44. Do you want me to refresh your memory? I taught YOU this truth already but here goes.

Jeremiah 44:1 "The word that came to Jeremiah concerning all the JEWS which dwell in the land of Egypt"

HughBe---Do you see the word JEWS?

Verse 15-16 "Then all the men which knew that their wives had burned incense unto OTHER gods, and all the women that stood by, a great multitude, even all the people that dwelt in the land of Egypt, in Pathros, answered Jeremiah, saying,

16 As for the word that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of the Lord, WE will NOT hearken unto thee."

HughBe---Indeed classic Judaism being displayed i.e. the REJECTION of God and His TRUTH. Now the incense goes to the rabbis.

That aside what religion were these JEWS observing, young Frijie?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••